Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria (8418 Views)

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation / Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 / Zuma Visits Nigeria To Mend Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 24, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-WsjUaw3Smd8/USmPiv8SB8I/AAAAAAABe5U/313J4r0tC2o/s640/0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-pPUNkI6cVaI/USmPi5bGDfI/AAAAAAABe5Y/Fw_-Rpw_sAU/s640/00.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-RGzsIQfsOkc/USmNQiawRtI/AAAAAAABe48/2rYXAocsGLw/s640/BRZIL+GOODLUCK+AND+ROUSEFF_1.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-TQAtPNDGW_c/USmNRhU8IcI/AAAAAAABe5E/RIF7FsMVUTM/s640/BRAZIL+ROUSEFF+IWEAL+ND+ODUAH.JPG[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-CV-pJ-baVaY/USmNSU3LqYI/AAAAAAABe5M/x7KPCvGpdg0/s640/BRZILI+ODUH+IWEL+ROUSEFF+AND+RUFAI.JPG[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1000739_dilma_guards_jpgdd48016983c4789c5e725699dde8af8c

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1000740_jonathan_dilma-418x215_jpg8098f08e634daa41c1c2b63ef60218b4[/img]

The President of Brazil; Dilma Rousseff today paid a state visit to Nigeria at the invitation of President Goodluck Jonathan.

The two presidents held talks on promoting and strengthening the bilateral relations between Nigeria and Brazil and provided strategic guidance and direction at the bilateral talks to further enhance their ties and friendship.

The two presidents also discussed regional and international issues of mutual interest and reached common understanding.

Highlight of the visit was the signing of a MoU establishing a mechanism for strategic dialogue that will set up a bi-national commission to fashion out the areas the two countries will be impacting on each other.

The areas to be covered in the MoU include agriculture and food security, petroleum, power, biofuel, trade and investment, mining, education, infrastructure, finance and culture.

At the forecourt of the presidential villa, President Dima Rouseff was accorded full reception as she took time to inspect the guards; both presidents were introduced to cabinet ministers on both sides before they all headed into the president’s office for bilateral talks that lasted for about two hours.

President Jonathan observed that the two countries share a lot in common hence the need to continue to collaborate as both countries can use the sectors to leverage on their economies as well as create jobs for Nigeria and Brazilian men and women..

The Brazilian president on her part said that Brazil will welcome Nigeria with open hands especially as the World Cup approaches. She said she is interested in ensuring that both countries are well positioned in the international scene.

Both presidents called for urgent reform of the United Nations Security Council to make it more democratic and reflective of the changes in the international architecture.

source: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/23/jonathan-hosts-president-dilma-rousseff/

3 Likes

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by baggylips(m): 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
First 2 comment.dancing Alingo with ijaw hat
cool@ topic,looting opportunity for them.wonder how many billions of naira was used in hosting the female presido.patiently waiting for the committee involved to tell us undecided
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by seyizma(m): 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
make dem arrange how we go win World cup join d nations cup

3 Likes

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by trigar12(m): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
Abeg help me teach jonathan on how to eradicate poverty and develop our economy. Dat jonah guy is clueless

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
All these bilateral talks...does it also involve influencing our Calabar Carnival to be all nudity and lewd like the Brazilian Carnival?

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
Nigeria needs to increase trade with Brazil and decrease trade with suckers

6 Likes

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by john6006: 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
It´s all about support for the world cup and our oil .
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Rowlandjude(m): 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
Abeg make Goodluck use this opportunity gist d man nd giv the man money nd talk hw we go take win the world cup
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by omoredia: 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
#now trending! http:///3ik1n38zymbk

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by guvnor83: 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
2nd 2 comment, hehehehehehehe, dancng atigha wth my head, by d way she s wlcme.
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Rowlandjude(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
Abeg make Goodluck use this opportunity gist d woman nd giv the man money nd talk hw we go take win the world cup
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Freiburger(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
If only she can teach us how we can convert our dust bins into electricity. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
make them reduce price of brazi...........
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2013
BRAZIL NUT
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
She came to plead on behalf of bald brazilian ladies. Yes?

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by jubazz(m): 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
Dey shldnt thief her hair oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Wendyphil(f): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
Intresting..,welcome Mrs.President. grin
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by ikweremilitant: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
trigar12: Abeg help me teach jonathan on how to eradicate poverty and develop our economy. Dat jonah guy is clueless
no be ur mate be local govt chgairmam

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by pendusky(m): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
Pls GEJ shld tell him to consider their hair, i mean 'Brazilian hair' its too costly for average guys to buy it for their gf..

Concerning Futbal, we wont compromise anything on our our world cup, which am sure wer winning nxt year...grin
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Symphony007: 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
trigar12: Abeg help me teach jonathan on how to eradicate poverty and develop our economy. Dat jonah guy is clueless
you are a prolific fool, your ignorant prevents you from knowing that brazil has as many poor or even more poor people than nigeria. So who will teach who? Rather than you to encourage this partnership, you vomit rubbish from your mouth.

4 Likes

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by TableLeg(m): 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
So what should i do about Dilma Rousseff visiting Nigeria?
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
Symphony007: you are a prolific idiot, you ignorant prevents you from knowing that brazil has as many poor or even more poor people than nigeria. So who will teach who? Rather than you to encourage this partnership, you vomit rubbish from your mouth.

I dont get you?Brazil as lifted more people out of poverty.It as world class companies around the world.
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Wendyphil(f): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
Imanuelle: She came to plead on behalf of bald brazilian ladies. Yes?
Yes oooooo!

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
guvnor83: 2nd 2 comment, hehehehehehehe, dancng atigha wth my head, by d way she s wlcme.
See wetin Chinese phone don do you. Next time make u buy beta phone so you can land second and dance alanta... tongue

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hope he bought bread for us?? "Though visit us shall eat'th cassava bread with us"
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by EzePromoe: 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
Jonathan invited him in order to negotiate the price of Brazilian hair. Jona is really trying for guys like us who can at their best buy a weavon for our babes sad
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by chelseabmw(m): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hope she did not bring along with her 2013 brazilian hair.....I know 93.68% of nigerian girls are dancing alingo n etigi now... As for me sha I go make sure say my sisters nor see this news today cos I nor get 100k for human hair grin

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by velo10: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
Rouseff Dilma - Prettiest Female president

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by talk2s(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
ikwere militant: no be ur mate be local govt chgairmam

LG Chairman too big 4that boi.
From the thing he says, it's obvious, he can't even be a class prefect.
No leadership acumen portrayed in his comment!

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by OmerianConsult: 3:47pm On Feb 24, 2013
All for trades and issues that are only in Brazil's favour.
Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by talk2s(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2013
Omerian Consult: All for trades and issues that are only in Brazil's favour.

So U think.
Better still, that's your best understanding of the term 'bilateral agreement'

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President Rousseff Visits Nigeria by AGgal(f): 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ladies! Hide ur weavons cos she wants them back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State / Fighting Insecurity: Police Arrests 7 Suspected Arms Dealers In Jos, Taraba / Governor Soludo Meets Anambra Manufacturers Ahead Of Economic/Investment Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.