Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Islam Takes Root In Brazil - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Takes Root In Brazil (17130 Views)

Hirs-o-hawas (whims And Desires) The Root Of All Evil. / Clinton Again Fingers Extreme Poverty As The Root Cause Of Extremism And Terror / The Root Words Of Allah; Attn: Davidylan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
Table Leg :

You have a multiple I.D. and you posted with one and replied with another, that sums it up, you are a lunatic!
I wont bother!!!

is that all you can come up with? olodo
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by adaybayor(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
dederocs:
If any of my family member blindly turns to a Muslim,i will deny that person...nothing beautiful or righteous about the religion,just bombs and mobs screaming suicidal chants...

Really? That must be what your pastors taught you, you will soon cry of intolerance.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by adaybayor(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: he said the truth when a Muslim converts to another religion It's death sentence.period aka apostasy.

Pls don't be a full retard, full retard is bad!!!
I said he should give instances and you come here talking shi.t, do you have plm with comprehension?
Of course bearing false witness is not a sin in xtianity.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Reyspin(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
Dem go soon force d brazilians to convert by bombings!
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Frostyzone(m): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
adaybayor:

Go hang yourself, using panadol for another man's headache

Typical Muslim intolerance.

5 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
shymexx:

However, I was referring to subconscious servitude in pictorial form and at least the so-called African traditional religions worship gods that look like them and the consciousness of each god can be explained using things in their environment... That shows the spirituality connected with those religions - the ability to be able to relate to consciousness in your surroundings in a supernatural form..

You were not specific with the bolded before that was why I asked that question. You only said both Islam and Christianity promote servitude, not pictorial servitude. Thanks for clearing that up.
However, Islam does not promote pictorial servitude in any way, shape or form. There weren't any paintings done of prophet Muhammed when he was alive and so there are no pictures of him to show servitude to.

That's like saying Christians do not worship Jesus... How come they reference Muhammed(SAW) all the time??

Reference how? Are you talking about the (SAW) that Muslims put at the end of the prophet's name? They just do that as a way of offering prayers to God for the prophet. Muslims do not worship Muhammed.
Islam very seriously emphasizes the worship of God alone and no one else/nothing else. Infact, worship of anything other than the God of heavens and earth is a very grave sin in the religion.
That is the truth and nothing but the truth. smiley

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by AAC: 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: he said the truth when a Muslim converts to another religion It's death sentence.period aka apostasy.

adaybayor:

Pls don't be a full retard, full retard is bad!!!
I said he should give instances and you come here talking shi.t, do you have plm with comprehension?
Of course bearing false witness is not a sin in xtianity.

1st of all, i am not a promoter of any religion. I strongly believe religion is a personal thing.

2ndly, I was born and I spent almost all my life in the north while i was in d country. I attended islamiya and MSS.

From your name, I'll assume u'r from oyo/osun/ogun. Those states are some of d few tolerant places u'll find.
Ask anybody from ilorin what they'll do 2 even their own son or brother dt converts to another religion. I knw of 2 people from ilorin dt dis has happened to.
& dts not even talking about Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, etc.

Even in Saudi Arabia & othr middle east countries, d embassy staff and foreign workers are only allowed to congregate inside the embassies.
I hope these have shed some light to my previous post.
Wa salaam.

2 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by F00028: 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
shymexx: Are Brazilian women going to start wearing hijab now?? shocked

Allow that, I need to see some brazilian big batty in the sun dancing samba!! grin
CONGRATULATIONS shymexx! you are now officially sexist.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
tbaba1234: We should be more concerned with what is going on in indigenous muslim communities, Islam in the west/latin America will be fine.

In indigenous muslim communities, the kind of corruption that goes on is ridiculous. The kind of bidah that goes on is bad, man. I had a local alfa that used to say all kinds of things, when i think back, i just smh but i know many people take those things as fact.

Our kids are disenfranchised, do you know how ridiculous it is for someone to leave Islam for christianity? but this is happening everyday because the muslim are not doing something correctly.

They all know the truth. So one join religion of peace and daily bombing in other to resist certain state law?
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Vado(m): 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nairalanders I no like am o. Una know say islam na religion of peace nao. See how it has fashioned itself as a model globally and how relative peace/development can be seen in any country it's in the majority. No other religion promotes human right, dignity, and social freedom like islam. I heard muhammed just like every other biblical prophets performed awe-inspiring miracles to stamp his name as true indeed. He never slept with a 7yr old o nor did he killed innocent people during his quest of expansion. How dare you say the gains of righteousness in islam is 77 virgins and rivers of wine.

Make una stop painting islam in bad light jare. Infact, ayam contemplating converting from christianity to islam sef. Allah hu ak ba or how una dey talk am sef.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by igbeke: 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
it still makes me giv more kudos 2 christianity. atleast we've not heard of brazilians disowning their family members or even go as far as taking thier lives.
d fact remains: serving d true God is by choice and not by force.

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Rexyl(m): 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
That people change religion doesn‘t move God or change his position. Nothing should excite a man more than salvation of his soul whenever he dies.
Bible says something that that is deep for thought. There is a way that seems good to man eyes... but the end is... Matthew 7:13-21 to learn from what Jesus says.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by ademo1: 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
ffo: Are Christians permitted to worship and practice their religion without being persecuted the way these people are allowed here in the middle east or other Islamic countries?

can a christian practice his religion openly like this in Islamic countries.
u av said it all guy. U people are decieving urselves. u these intolerance people, ur islamic countries will not allow other religions without persecution but u will be happy that people r convertin to islam in other christian countries. Allow them to practice other religion in ur intolerance nations whether all of them including their presidents will not convert. the rate islam is losing members is alarming because of this ur intolerance & violence, hatred for other religions and ur fundamentalists and extreemists. u better repent and embrace religion of peace not violence. a word is enough for the wise. thank God for my friend that converted to christian a yr ago because of ur intolerance

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by AnE1(f): 10:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
tbaba1234: We should be more concerned with what is going on in indigenous muslim communities, Islam in the west/latin America will be fine.

In indigenous muslim communities, the kind of corruption that goes on is ridiculous. The kind of bidah that goes on is bad, man. I had a local alfa that used to say all kinds of things, when i think back, i just smh but i know many people take those things as fact.

Our kids are disenfranchised, do you know how ridiculous it is for someone to leave Islam for christianity? but this is happening everyday because the muslim are not doing something correctly.

. My dear, it is also heartbreaking and embarrassing to c some1 leaving christianity 4 islam. Ggbam!
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by adaybayor(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
AAC:

1st of all, i am not a promoter of any religion. I strongly believe religion is a personal thing.

2ndly, I was born and I spent almost all my life in the north while i was in d country. I attended islamiya and MSS.

From your name, I'll assume u'r from oyo/osun/ogun. Those states are some of d few tolerant places u'll find.
Ask anybody from ilorin what they'll do 2 even their own son or brother dt converts to another religion. I knw of 2 people from ilorin dt dis has happened to.

Even in Saudi Arabia & othr middle east countries, d embassy staff and foreign workers are only allowed to congregate inside the embassies.
Wa salaam.

Are you pretending to have been a muslim before? You are a f*cking hypocrite.
Assuming you are telling the truth then, how come you are still alive after converting.
And to think you want to generalize based on the the little you know even makes your case worse.
I have seen christians doing worse.

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by adaybayor(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
AAC:

Wa salaam.

Are you pretending to have been a muslim before? You are a f*cking hypocrite.
Assuming you are telling the truth then, how come you are still alive after converting.
And to think you want to generalize based on the the little you know even makes your case worse.
I have seen christians doing worse.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by afrikanns: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
pobey: I pity brazilians
pity ur life, and ur family's life u die with what u are holding by HIS grace u rot and rot in Deeeeeep HELL FIRE.2mao maybe tooo late for u, the best time is now
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
pobey: I pity brazilians

same here.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by marabout(m): 5:50am On Mar 02, 2013
One question I always ask myself is: if all these Abrahamic religions/prophets were from Okitipupa, Kisunmu, Timbuktu, Soweto or any other Black African place, would other races in the World have embraced them??

I am Afraid not. How come that the oldest race (blacks) have to now borrow religions from others?

I think blacks just like one kind of subjugation or another.

I think the biggest problem now with religion is intolerance of some small BUT VOCAL minorities who are hijacking the discourse. Whether it's some crazy American evangelicals burning other people's religious books or Boko Haram and the like liquidating people in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by FindOut(m): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2013
Frostyzone:

Typical Muslim intolerance.

dederocs:
If any of my family member blindly turns to a Muslim,i will deny that person...nothing beautiful or righteous about the religion,just bombs and mobs screaming suicidal chants...

Typical christian intolerance. Not surprising tho, aferall a popular multiple jet flying 'Bishop' has also more or less denied his sister just coz she's a muslim.

livebullet:

dont mind d mod....i knw all d insults catholics received here durin d Pope' s honorable resignation....there was no warning as to d@ effect now dis! Abegi....na dream una dey dream,Christainity will take firm root in Mecca b4 islam can "evangelize" even a stray dog on d streets of Rio. I mean who even in his insanity will convert to islam! Disgusting! If u like ban d post....*i hav spoken.Rubbish

& how many of the insults came from muslims?

One needs not go further than nairaland to see which religion's adherents are more intolerant. Go to an average christian thread that hits front page and count the number of insults from muslims there. Repeat the same task on an average muslim thread that hits frontpage. 5 christian threads will hit frontpage & no muslim complains. One muslim thread will hit frontpage and many christians will start saying we are suffocating them & forcing doctrines down their throat! Just have a username that has some semblance to something islamic and the moment you disagree with someone, he fires back by calling you a terrorist first before making his point.

Now, go outside NL, You see christians disturbing your peace and quiet in the bus, or while you are even just taking a walk somewhere in your neighbourhood or estate, preaching, pointing out (upon hearing you are a muslim) that you have a sure holiday in hell if you choose not to accept christ as ur saviour, we bear it in silence. Let a muslim stand up in the same bus to start talking and he is shouted down, labelled a terrorist and a 'bokoharam'. Without talking sef, just keeping a beard or her wearing a hijab is enough to get distasteful glances and nasty side comments thrown his/her way by so-called righteous people!

& Maclatunji has since said that the warning in red about getting banned was not placed by him but by the admin who last tym i checked is not a muslim. But he probably felt a little of the pain muslims feel when they come up on threads like this to see insults flying in all directions from our supposedly christian brothers; insults which they claim is justified largely due to the misguided actions (WHICH MUSLIMS HAVE CONSISTENTLY DISOWNED AND CONDEMNED, WITH SOME PAYING THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR SPEAKING OUT) of some ragheads and extremists up north. If we muslims really hated you guys, it would have been evident on nairaland. You should be seeing us jumping with glee on every thread that reports maiming of christians but do you see that? NO.

There are the religions, & there are people. Good and bad people. The teachings of both religions generally preach good manners, charity, justice, fairness, tho one more than the other. I know there are some really good christians out there, just as there are some muslims who need to improve their character and religious understanding as well. Trying to see what a religion teaches and what some people are doing (terrorism) in the name of islam is what is responsible for the growth of Islam in the western world. They sought answers, they wanted to know why someone will wake up in the morning, slit some throats or bomb some places and claim it is for his religion. They looked into the Qur'an, studied and analysed the messages therein and realised the beauty of the religion, the knowledge contained in it and the standard of its teachings and that was why most of them accepted Islam. That's just the fact. You either take it or leave it.

6 Likes

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by anonimi: 9:28am On Mar 02, 2013
adaybayor:

Sorry you are the hypocrite here. Give us instances where you have seen converts being killed, you don't come here and spill trash

Just one example from right here in Africa:

Somalia’s Starving Christians Struggle After Beheading
Sunday, September 18, 2011 (10:39 am)

MOGADISHU, SOMALIA (BosNewsLife)–- Hungry minority Christians in Somalia faced another struggle Sunday, September 18, after suspected Islamic militants beheaded a Christian convert and foreign aid workers were banned from reaching a dying population.

Somali Christians and human rights activists confirmed that the body of Juma Nuradin Kamil, a kidnapped Christian who converted from Islam, was found decapitated near the southern town of Hudur on September 2.

He was apparently killed after three suspected members of the Islamic group al-Shabab pushed him into a car, witnesses said.

"Islamic radicals kidnapped a Christian brother and then beheaded him. His decapitated body was discovered" by locals on a street, explained Jonathan Racho, the regional manager for Africa of advocacy group International Christian Concern (ICC).

More Details here

To see other examples check this web site:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/012-apostasy.htm

Moreover did the Koran not say the following:

Qur'an (4:89) - "They wish that you should disbelieve as they disbelieve, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper."

Qur'an (9:11-12) - "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge. And if they break their pledges after their treaty (hath been made with you) and assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief - Lo! they have no binding oaths - in order that they may desist."

Other verses that seem to support the many Hadith demanding death for apostates are Qur'an verses 2:217, 9:73-74, 88:21, 5:54, and 9:66.

I think you should endeavour to read the Koran by yourself to understand the basis of your belief. Xtians were also in bondage in Europe for over 1,000 until printing was invented and the Bible became widely available to the annoyance of the rulers then with the Roman catholic church. Nothing new there.
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by F00028: 9:45am On Mar 02, 2013
Reyspin: Dem go soon force d brazilians to convert by bombings!

they have already converted smiley
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by FindOut(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2013
anonimi:

Just one example from right here in Africa:

To see other examples check this web site:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/012-apostasy.htm

Moreover did the Koran not say the following:

I think you should endeavour to read the Koran by yourself to understand the basis of your belief. Xtians were also in bondage in Europe for over 1,000 until printing was invented and the Bible became widely available to the annoyance of the rulers then with the Roman catholic church. Nothing new there.

you and this your plenty 'claims' that the Qur'an supports murder. I'm sure this is not the first time you've brought them up here on NL & i'm sure you've been replied and the so called killer verses have been well explained to you. But you are a typical 'black man' sha, so I forgive your seeming */deliberate* lack of understanding. Go online yourself and read articles explaining those verses.

Enjoy your weekend smiley
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Kennyfancy(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2013
i pity brazil.. becos boko harram go soon enter there
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Kennyfancy(m): 11:35am On Mar 02, 2013
pls brazil reject them.. so dat we cn hav peacefull world cup.. dos people ar boko spice
Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
Find Out!:

Typical christian intolerance. Not surprising tho, aferall a popular multiple jet flying 'Bishop' has also more or less denied his sister just coz she's a muslim.

& how many of the insults came from muslims?

One needs not go further than nairaland to see which religion's adherents are more intolerant. Go to an average christian thread that hits front page and count the number of insults from muslims there. Repeat the same task on an average muslim thread that hits frontpage. 5 christian threads will hit frontpage & no muslim complains. One muslim thread will hit frontpage and many christians will start saying we are suffocating them & forcing doctrines down their throat! Just have a username that has some semblance to something islamic and the moment you disagree with someone, he fires back by calling you a terrorist first before making his point.

Now, go outside NL, You see christians disturbing your peace and quiet in the bus, or while you are even just taking a walk somewhere in your neighbourhood or estate, preaching, pointing out (upon hearing you are a muslim) that you have a sure holiday in hell if you choose not to accept christ as ur saviour, we bear it in silence. Let a muslim stand up in the same bus to start talking and he is shouted down, labelled a terrorist and a 'bokoharam'. Without talking sef, just keeping a beard or her wearing a hijab is enough to get distasteful glances and nasty side comments thrown his/her way by so-called righteous people!

& Maclatunji has since said that the warning in red about getting banned was not placed by him but by the admin who last tym i checked is not a muslim. But he probably felt a little of the pain muslims feel when they come up on threads like this to see insults flying in all directions from our supposedly christian brothers; insults which they claim is justified largely due to the misguided actions (WHICH MUSLIMS HAVE CONSISTENTLY DISOWNED AND CONDEMNED, WITH SOME PAYING THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR SPEAKING OUT) of some ragheads and extremists up north. If we muslims really hated you guys, it would have been evident on nairaland. You should be seeing us jumping with glee on every thread that reports maiming of christians but do you see that? NO.

There are the religions, & there are people. Good and bad people. The teachings of both religions generally preach good manners, charity, justice, fairness, tho one more than the other. I know there are some really good christians out there, just as there are some muslims who need to improve their character and religious understanding as well. Trying to see what a religion teaches and what some people are doing (terrorism) in the name of islam is what is responsible for the growth of Islam in the western world. They sought answers, they wanted to know why someone will wake up in the morning, slit some throats or bomb some places and claim it is for his religion. They looked into the Qur'an, studied and analysed the messages therein and realised the beauty of the religion, the knowledge contained in it and the standard of its teachings and that was why most of them accepted Islam. That's just the fact. You either take it or leave it.
look, its all because muslim are not the majority in brazil thats why there are showing there peace. But when they turn majority in a territory, my brother don't go there. They are deadly. Look at northern nigeria, look at mali, look at how your religion are persecuting the less 10% christian in lybia: they've all fled. Pls tell me which religion preach peace and why should a sane person like me choose a religion of peace. I'v read the quaran its a good book but the surah is something that is corrupting one to be a real terrorist. And one more thing, if you say you obey isa or Jesus, why not obey him as He said love your enemy. Give unto cesar what belongs to him than fighting the state. Why must you kill for God?

1 Like

Re: Islam Takes Root In Brazil by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
if the arab world allow missionary to enter there country, the whole world know how many will be dying and willing to convert to christianity. Its the plain truth but your religion will not and never allow coz i'v read in surah it don't permit. But in all, many are converting to christianity secretly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Barka Da Sallah Nairalanders / Why Is Sex Regarded As Something That Is Not Pure? / 3 Simple Tips To Deal With Frustration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.