Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars (24346 Views)

Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Bride-to-be Attempts Suicide After Fiance Called-Off Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by vicope: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lagos Bride To Be Is Hit By Vehicle And Killed When Trying To Recover Her Purse

A young lady identified as Bukola Adelowo, met her untimely death on Friday in Lagos as she was killed by a fast moving vehicle when she attempted to recover her bag snatched by a suspected thief – the suspect also met his waterloo as he was knocked down by another car which killed him.Information Nigeria gathered that the incident occurred at about 7 a.m., on the busy Adeniji Adele-Oworosoki Expressway on the Lagos Island.

The suspect allegedly snatched the lady’s bag and ran across the six-lane expressway.
“The lady ran after him to recover her bag without being mindful of the vehicles on the road. The suspect and the lady were killed by two different vehicles.

“The body parts of the lady were scattered on the road, and the accident caused a heavy traffic,” a source said.
A lady, who simply identified herself as Olufunke and who claimed to be a younger sister of the deceased, said that the victim was concluding arrangements for her wedding in July before her tragic death.

Olufunke, who was sobbing uncontrollably, said that she was informed of her elder sister’s death on phone by someone who knew both of them and she immediately rushed to the scene of the incident.

“The dead lady is my sister. Her name is Bukola Adelowo. She was to marry in July. Her fiancée just left Nigeria for abroad to prepare for the wedding. It is a very sad moment,” Olufunke said.
Contacted, the Lagos police spokesperson, Ngozi Braide, said she was yet to be informed of the accident. (NAN)

http://www.naijaonpoint.com/2013/02/photo-lagos-bride-to-be-is-hit-by.html?m=1

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by blank(f): 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
I saw it on my way to work. Lastma had just started picking her parts that were strewn all over the expressway. It was a gory sight.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by ifyalways(f): 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
Gracious God.what a sad tale. sad

1 Like

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by EfemenaXY: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lord have mercy! cry cry
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Acidosis(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
Satan go show that guy peper for hell...

If he's ever gonna come back to this world.. he'd prefer to live his life in the desert. .

RIP miss **sad**
I pray for God's mercy...

5 Likes

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Things are happening in Lagos o! May God have mercy.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by dominique(f): 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
What a horrid horrid way to go. May he RIP. cry

1 Like

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by AdekunleSegun(m): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
Eyaaa.....
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Oluwaadajo(m): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
Terrible Times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrible Events!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worse still that someone took a picture of someone very distressed just to come and post on NL.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Next2Bezee(m): 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
Omg sad sad sad
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by TableLeg(m): 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by ndlife: 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
Pls God forgive us our sins and keep us save.

8 Likes

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
PROPERTY CAN ALWAYS BE RECOVERED. LIFE CANNOT. DO NOT ATTEMPT CHASING ROBBERS.

17 Likes

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by iamswizz(m): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
blank: I saw it on my way to work. Lastma had just started picking her parts that were strewn all over the expressway. It was a gory sight.
hmmmm.. jus tell us that u were the lastma official that picked her parts.. tongue
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by tunapawizzy: 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hmmmm God comfort her family and loved ones
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by victokafor(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
Precious Lord!!! I'm short of words... may her soul RIP...
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
So so unfortunate!!! God will comfort the family buh its smh, the thief should av died alone if she doesnt run after him. Tragic event!!!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by automaticcars: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
Na waoh! When there is no job for youths they turn to stealing which is inexcusable. May the lady soul rest in peace and grant her family fortitude to bear this tragedy.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by StFrank2(m): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
Good Lord have mercy o!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by manny4life(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
So much sad news lately, one death after another..

My goodness, what a terrible way to die..

Maka gini my sister, because of your purse? cry cry cry

Running after a thief was definitely not worth it, neither did you deserve death

RIP, hope the family bears this painful loss..
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by scholes23(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
God have mercy on her and accept her soul. Such a thing will never be our portion in JESUS NAME. AMEN!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by funmemezy: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
Such a pity,d girl actualy acted as a rational human being wil do wen her belongins were snatched away frm her,she only wanted to make effort to recover her bag back but unfortunatly d unexpcted happnd. God knws wat valuables were in dat bag.I pray God protct us all and may we not die bfor our time IJN.

5 Likes

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by brownlord: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
Abeg make police arrest that stupid boy corps, charge am to court, make judge sentence e dead body to life in prison, God purnish em and e generation, even for grave or anywhere e miserable spirit dey right now for leading a poor girl to her early grave

1 Like

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by free2ryhme: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
sorrowful
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
funmemezy: Such a pity,d girl actualy acted as a rational human being wil do wen her belongins were snatched away frm her,she only wanted to make effort to recover her bag back but unfortunatly d unexpcted happnd. God knws wat valuables were in dat bag.I pray God protct us all and may we not die bfor our time IJN.
BLACKBERRY
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by azpekuliar: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
On Friday, I left Ogudu at about 10am and ran into this terrible traffic all through the whole length of the bridge. Now I know what caused it. RIP to the deceased.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by chiboy11(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
what is inside d bank dat she cant 4get hum
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
Oh! May her soul rest in peace
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by oprahwinfrey(f): 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
RIP
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by oprahwinfrey(f): 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Double post.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
obadiah777: PROPERTY CAN ALWAYS BE RECOVERED. LIFE CANNOT. DO NOT ATTEMPT CHASING ROBBERS.
Seconded. May her soul RIP n may this Note as a warning never to risk ur life for properties. Plsss let's learn 4rm her mistake.

1 Like

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2013
blank: I saw it on my way to work. Lastma had just started picking her parts that were strewn all over the expressway. It was a gory sight.
pls was it d one dat happend after leavin 3rd mainland bridge cos after scalin tru d heavy traffic on 3rd mainland bridge on friday mornin while goin to work i saw a gatherin bt d car was speadin so i cudnt see wat was happenin. But pple in d bus wer screamin bt i cudnt see it very wel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Impreginates Daughter Insists On Marrying Her / Please help Find My Kid Brother / Adam Nuru Paternity Scandal: FCMB Silent On Probe 70 Days Since Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.