Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:28 AM

Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? (28707 Views)

New Free 13gb Data Plane For Airtel-mtn-glo-etisalat Free Browsing For 4months / Unlock Your Mtn, Glo, Etisalat, Airtel And Multilinks Modem Here! / Best Tablet Out There To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by aywhy93(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2013
chucky234: All this plenty problem just to use tablet,root it,install droidvpn,upgrade again.... Haba bros the stress too much na

The process cannot take me 30mins, thats not stress... dont you know nothing good comes easy ?
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 11:49am On Feb 25, 2013
pappy2000:

I can assure you that its ok n its according to uk standard got a lot of good review from Amazon n major retailers
I am not saying that the ones you bought from UK are substandard,what I am trying to say is that there is no such thing as made in UK tablet as all available tablets are assembled and manufactured in China.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by aywhy93(m): 11:50am On Feb 25, 2013
chucky234: All tablets are assembled and manufactured in China.

Which lecturer taught you that ?? or Are you a learner ??

Most Tablets are made in china not all tablets are made in china
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by OmerianConsult: 11:52am On Feb 25, 2013
My 2 cents is that etisalat service is best data-wise. Don't know about the machines.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 11:55am On Feb 25, 2013
fankasibe: The best tablet for me is 'PARACITAMOL' coz all dis yêyê networks will keep giving u headarch.
Ha ha ha ha ha. Lwtmb
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 11:59am On Feb 25, 2013
If etisalat's service is strong where you are located, I'd advice you give it a go cause their speed os something to be reckoned with. As regards a tablet, there are many good tablets out there but I'd personally recommend an iPad. Aside functionalities and stuffs, there are almost any application you would need at Apple's app store.

Anywayz, the choice is yours for the making.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
aywhy93:

Which lecturer taught you that ?? or Are you a learner ??

Most Tablets are made in china not all tablets are made in china
Where is this goon coming from,mention one brand of tablet that was not assembled or manufactured in China.
What a chronic goon.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
Anyone with experience with the windows surface tablet?
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 12:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
OP, read this carefully. There are two versions of Windows 8 on tablets. What you want is MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO tablet. It runs the souped up version of Windows 8 which blows all other tablets (Android or Apple) out of the water. MS Surface Pro makes other tablets feel like kids toys.

Thank me later.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03: Anyone with experience with the windows surface tablet?
Why not try Hewlett Packard's Slate 7 tablet
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
chucky234: Why not try Hewlett Packard's Slate 7 tablet

Shut up. The slate 7 is not out.

angry
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 12:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abrantie GH: OP, read this carefully. There are two versions of Windows 8 on tablets. What you want is MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO tablet. It runs the souped up version of Windows 8 which blows all other tablets (Android or Apple) out of the water.

Thank me later.
You are right... But one thing is certain, you will get for you to get certain apps. Windows mobile is great and lovely but the thing is, there aint much apps available for devices running Windows mobile OS compared to Apple's.

Well, talking about apps, Apple is the undisputed champion as almost every developer wants to develop something that is iOS compatible before thinking of other platforms like Android. Android do have a good number of apps at its disposal too.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 12:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
dmcdad:
You are right... But one thing is certain, you will get for you to get certain apps. Windows mobile is great and lovely but the thing is, there aint much apps available for devices running Windows mobile OS compared to Apple's.

Well, talking about apps, Apple is the undisputed champion as almost every developer wants to develop something that is iOS compatible before thinking of other platforms like Android. Android do have a good number of apps at its disposal too.

My friend, Windows 8 is NOT WinMo.

It's full blown Windows (not a mobile OS), but for touchscreens, capable of running exisitng Windows apps and the new apps.

Do this: Go and pick one up at a store and try it for 15 days. If you don't like it, return it with some flimsy excuse.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by tojj: 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
hammedkola: Well, just get a Samsung Galxay tab P7310, 10.1 inches

Subscribe for MTN BIS {#1,500}

Root it, install Droidvpn and Tun.ko

Upgrade the droidvpn account to premium {$5} and there you go...Unlimited and fast internet surfing for a month...

This is what i use and i enjoy it well, i stream videos on youtube without it buffering and also watch live matches on it...

can you pls write the steps as this sounds juicy for me instead of buying data
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cyrexx: 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
dmcdad:

I guess with time, windows 8 will probably catch up with ios and android on the apps issue. Then, I might consider switching over to windows.

For now, I don't think win8 can do as much as what ipad and android tablets can do. Just check out app store and Google play store and see that windows still have a long way to go. It seems as if app developers only focus on ios and android.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
Let me explain it this way - Apple's iOS and Android are phone OSes (with minimal functionality) which were optimized to work on tablets.

Windows 8 was just release late last year. It was designed from the ground up as a full desktop/laptop OS to work on tablets. You will not lose any of the functionailty you currently enjoy on your Windows machine.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
cyrexx:

I guess with time, windows 8 will probably catch up with ios and android on the apps issue. Then, I might consider switching over to windows.

For now, I don't think win8 can do as much as what ipad and android tablets can do. Just check out app store and Google play store and see that windows still have a long way to go. It seems as if app developers only focus on ios and android.

Dude, Windows 8 has more apps than any of those because you can run ANY currently exixting Windows app, from Microsoft Excel to Photoshop, you name it, it will run on the MS Surface Pro tablet.

Google is your friend -- do some research.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Sike(m): 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
Lmao at those replying with Paracetamol, Daga, Karaole and Alabukun whatever. Hahahahahah
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abrantie GH: Let me explain it this way - Apple's iOS and Android are phone OSes (with minimal functionality) which were optimized to work on tablets.

Windows 8 was designed from the ground up as a full desktop/laptop OS to work on tablets. You will not lose any of the functionailty you currently enjoy on your Windows machine.

I know what you are saying fully well. I love Windows 8, both using it on PC and the mobile version (tablets and mobile phones). Just saying there are much expected apps which he would hope to enjoy on a regular tablet that are not having desktop versions.. Do you get what i mean?
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cyrexx: 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abrantie GH: Let me explain it this way - Apple's iOS and Android are phone OSes (with minimal functionality) which were optimized to work on tablets.

Windows 8 was designed from the ground up as a full desktop/laptop OS to work on tablets. You will not lose any of the functionailty you currently enjoy on your Windows machine.

I don't think so. The new win8 apps a.k.a metro apps optimized for touchscreen, are the only apps that will run flawlessly on win 8 tablets. To run earlier win7 softwares (I won't call them apps) you will need a bulkier Intel processor-powered win8 tablet/laptop. And those win7 softwares are not even optimized for touchscreen usage.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
cyrexx:

I don't think so. The new win8 apps a.k.a metro apps (apps optimized for touchscreen) are the only apps that will run flawlessly on win 8 tablets. To run earlier win7 softwares (I won't call them apps) you will need a bulkier Intel processor - powered win8 tablet. And those win7 softwares are not optimized for touchscreen.
I am with you on this... You are right.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cyrexx: 12:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
dmcdad:
I am with you on this... You are right.

Thanks.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
Try Nokia 3310 tablet, simple to use on all network.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
dmcdad:
I know what you are saying fully well. I love Windows 8, both using it on PC and the mobile version (tablets and mobile phones). Just saying there are much expected apps which he would hope to enjoy on a regular tablet that are not having desktop versions.. Do you get what i mean?

I don't understand. Microsoft also has an online marketplace with about 120,000 apps and groqwing. You can download apps on to your Win 8 tablet the same way as with Android or IPad.

In addition to that, you can also install any existing Windows apps.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmy(m): 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
[quote author=tojj]

can you pls write the steps as this sounds juicy for me instead of buying data[/quot

[quote author=hammedkola]@ hammedkola: Well, just get a Samsung Galxay tab P7310, 10.1 inches

Upgrade the droidvpn account to premium {$5} and there you go...Unlimited and fast internet surfing for a month...

This is what i use and i enjoy it well, i stream videos on youtube without it buffering and also watch live matches on it...

i have an S3 and i have droidvpn and tunko installed and the phone is rooted.pls give the steps for using MTN/AIRTEL BIS WITH IT.I used Glo BIS but it s no longer working.thanks in anticipation
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cecegorz(m): 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
Lexusgs430: A blackberry playbook in conjunction with a 3G enabled blackberry phone + BIS. One of the best investment you will make this year.
Its the best combination, in Nigeria's present telecom setup.
This sounds good.
Please is the tethering of both devices done by bluetooth alone? Can the Playbook be tethered via Wifi Hotspot too?
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
cyrexx:

I don't think so. The new win8 apps a.k.a metro apps optimized for touchscreen, are the only apps that will run flawlessly on win 8 tablets. To run earlier win7 softwares (I won't call them apps) you will need a bulkier Intel processor-powered win8 tablet/laptop. And those win7 softwares are not even optimized for touchscreen usage.

Miscrosoft released the SURFACE PRO tablet late last year. It is not bulky. It is pretty much the same weight as an iPad or most Android tablets.

Type "Microsoft Surface Pro" into google and do your research.

Secondly, Microsoft is releasing touchscreen or "metro" versions of their bread-and-better software (ms office etc). They'd all be available at their marketplace if not already.

I personally wouldn't be caught dead lugging around a laptop AND a tablet ever again as most business people tend to do now.

You can't accomplish any serious work or an iPad or Android tablet.Those other tablets are only good for checking your mail, going on facebook or to show off that you have a tablet.

1 Like

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shut up. The slate 7 is not out.

angry
Why are people so dumb,did I mention that the Slate is out?
The Slate is already due for release in April,I find the specifications so impressive for a low end tablet and that's why I suggested it for the OP.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abrantie GH:

I don't understand. Microsoft also has an online marketplace with about 120,000 apps and groqwing. You can download apps on to your Win 8 tablet the same way as with Android or IPad.

In addition to that, you can also install any existing Windows apps.
I know what you are saying. Microsoft's AppStore is growing for sure buh for now you wont compare it with Apple's nearly 300,00 apps that were built specifically for the iPad, not to talk of the fact that you can still run all iPhones apps on the iPad. Apps on Apple's AppStore is almost clocking a million.

Guy! I love the surface very well. If good enough apps were optimized at this juncture, I would choose it over the iPad even though I am an Apple fan.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Jummymine(f): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
hammedkola: Well, just get a Samsung Galxay tab P7310, 10.1 inches

please can one do mtn bis on samsung galaxy tab 7 without rooting
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
SimonAndal: DON'T BUY A TABLET!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE PLANNED IN ILLUMATI TO DESTROY EARTH SOUL HUMAN!!!!!!!! EG. OBAMA'S SOUL MICROCHIP. HELL US REEAL..... BEWARE IF YOUR SOULS!!!!!
must you tell us that if drugs hv finished......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Fix a Slow or Unstable Windows 7 computer. / SOLD OUT.USA Used Dell Mini For Sale. / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.