Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! (33502 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Ikenna351(m): 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
I don't own any of these 3 brands: Benz, BMW & Audi. Am not a fan of any, but i do like and respect them, and wouldn't mind to own one of the 3 (will come to that later).

There could be other German cars, but these 3 are on the top list.

They are not just cars, but rides. They are not just rides, but MACHINES!

Though i dont know much about the 3, but if i was to compare Benz with BMW (Beemer), i would say Benz got the luxurious & looks, while BMW got the performance. But I could be wrong since i dont own or used any, though have driven one of the brands twice. So lets hear from those that know the 3 better or those have owned any of them, owned the 3 of them or currently own the 3 or one of the 3.

Please, we are here to discuss only these 3 German brands. So lets not derail the topic.

Floor is open.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by oineoma(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
I ve been a fan of benz..been on it for years for their speed, strenght, comfort etc.. but I d like to try out de bmw. that's one car I don't know.. folks who use them talk highly of them sha.. lets have ur take.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
Have owned many models of all three brands.

Here is a general rule, stock for stock, a BMW will have better performance and the Mercedes will have better luxury. Audis will be a blend of both, especially with the models that have Quatros. This is my own personal opinion.

Of course when you start getting into BMW M models and Mercedes AMG models then all bets are off.

I will let you know though that I'm not generally a fan of modern cars.

2 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by frenchbase(m): 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
BMW- high performance
Mercedes- Luxury
Audi- combination of both
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by yungboss(m): 1:00am On Feb 25, 2013
haven't owned many of both cars, i own two BMWs (2000 323ci and 1993 320i) and have driven the '96 328i and the legendary w124 200 (family owned), i also owned a '96 c220 (sold), plus a little drive-experience of the 2001 C240...in my opinion, the BMW has better all-round driving dynamics. The performance surpasses the merc. Its more enjoyable swinging the tail...its a sports car by default, unlike the merc...i haven't driven the audi so i cant say about it. Like somorin said, i'm not a fan of modern cars...i hardly drive my e46, i prefer the 320...it is rawwwwwwww!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by GodsSon5(m): 5:47am On Feb 25, 2013
Just got my Benz (C220)I will inform you guys of the driving experience much later.

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by miz4oxley(m): 5:58am On Feb 25, 2013
My Beemer soon! 6th to comment. No fight....
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by azpekuliar: 6:03am On Feb 25, 2013
[size=16pt]BAVARIA MOTOR WORKS[/size]!...the ultimate driving machine.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by ektbear: 6:28am On Feb 25, 2013
Three very sexy car brands.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Bossman(m): 6:29am On Feb 25, 2013
I agree - There are advantages and disadvantages of each. Especially when we start to get into specific models. I own a 2011 535xi. Which, IMO, looks better than the benz in the same category. It's debatable compared to the audi. Performance wise, I'll give the edge to the Audi.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Lowkeys(m): 6:35am On Feb 25, 2013
All Hail The Boss Mercedes Benz All The Way!
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by oluwadare26(m): 6:40am On Feb 25, 2013
yungboss: haven't owned many of both cars, i own two BMWs (2000 323ci and 1993 320i) and have driven the '96 328i and the legendary w124 200 (family owned), i also owned a '96 c220 (sold), plus a little drive-experience of the 2001 C240...in my opinion, the BMW has better all-round driving dynamics. The performance surpasses the merc. Its more enjoyable swinging the tail...its a sports car by default, unlike the merc...i haven't driven the audi so i cant say about it. Like somorin said, i'm not a fan of modern cars...i hardly drive my e46, i prefer the 320...it is rawwwwwwww!

Mr 2 much Money...time still dey, u fit continue the type of car wey dey ur garage!

5 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by pimplucious: 6:44am On Feb 25, 2013
I drove the 02/03 model of BMW 316 (3 series) extensively. Its road handling is supereb for a 1.6 liter engin. And u wonder why 3 series is BMW best selling model? Generally, I think BMW has a better driving dynamics than Benz. If BMW is Chelsea Benz is Arsnal! The X6? I get double orga.sms in one each time i stare at it. it's the end! God made man man made BMW X6!

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by nwawuweneonye: 6:46am On Feb 25, 2013
Nairaland!most of us have not driven any of the 3 brands yet we comment. Again,we are good at ssupportng the last speaker. Wheen u hear of German Machne,d first thing that comes to mind is mercedes benz. I've driven all 3 brands but nt necessarily mine. I onw a MB 240 Kompressor. Are u talking abt speed,stability durability,turbo charge,respect,class,general performance?even b4 I bought this recent kompressor,I had driven a mercedes benz 190 with a 6 cylinder engine,factory fitted ac,leather seat n padded. A 2008 Toyota Camry couldn't complete with me along the Asaba Benin dual carriage way not to talk of the Kompressor. Have u ever wondered why most government officials around the word both d ones we see in foreign movies uses mercedes benz instead of the BMW n others. BM no doubt is yet another machine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by alphaconde(m): 6:49am On Feb 25, 2013
Power and balance belongs to audi
Style and flexibility belongs to benz
Action belongs to bmw

I have used the benz model and currently using an audi
Lemme ask
Why are these cars very noisy?

2 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Temismith(f): 6:58am On Feb 25, 2013
?
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by abifoluwa: 7:04am On Feb 25, 2013
nwawuweneonye: Nairaland!most of us have not driven any of the 3 brands yet we comment. Again,we are good at ssupportng the last speaker. Wheen u hear of German Machne,d first thing that comes to mind is mercedes benz. I've driven all 3 brands but nt necessarily mine. I onw a MB 240 Kompressor. Are u talking abt speed,stability durability,turbo charge,respect,class,general performance?even b4 I bought this recent kompressor,I had driven a mercedes benz 190 with a 6 cylinder engine,factory fitted ac,leather seat n padded. A 2008 Toyota Camry couldn't complete with me along the Asaba Benin dual carriage way not to talk of the Kompressor. Have u ever wondered why most government officials around the word both d ones we see in foreign movies uses mercedes benz instead of the BMW n others. BM no doubt is yet another machine.
after your first sentence, i thought you will confess and say u havent used any one of them, yet you went own and talked bout how u drove all three angry

2 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by yungboss(m): 7:04am On Feb 25, 2013
oluwadare26:

Mr 2 much Money...time still dey, u fit continue the type of car wey dey ur garage!
boss, i only 'own(ed) the ones specifically stated...the rest wern't mine.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 25, 2013
Temismith: ?
All i know is that Audi was d best german saleling car in germany last year 2012. I don,t owned any of d 3.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by infolekan(m): 7:17am On Feb 25, 2013
nwawuweneonye: Nairaland!most of us have not driven any of the 3 brands yet we comment. Again,we are good at ssupportng the last speaker. Wheen u hear of German Machne,d first thing that comes to mind is mercedes benz. I've driven all 3 brands but nt necessarily mine. I onw a MB 240 Kompressor. Are u talking abt speed,stability durability,turbo charge,respect,class,general performance?even b4 I bought this recent kompressor,I had driven a mercedes benz 190 with a 6 cylinder engine,factory fitted ac,leather seat n padded. A 2008 Toyota Camry couldn't complete with me along the Asaba Benin dual carriage way not to talk of the Kompressor. Have u ever wondered why most government officials around the word both d ones we see in foreign movies uses mercedes benz instead of the BMW n others. BM no doubt is yet another machine.
Have you ever wondered why James Bond uses BMW & Aston instead of Benz?Have you ever wondered why Jason Stathan always drives a BMW or an Audi?
Benz is stately and always appeal to the older generation....the S class wasn't made for the youth even the sportier glk dint even make the mark while BMW attracts the upwardly mobile & the young exec.
Reason the 3 series is the best selling bmw brand and the Benz S class is the best selling luxury brand.

3 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 25, 2013
Hmmmm,...sorry. Can't answer your question.........................

..........................Remind me when I get my driving licence. grin

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by econome(m): 7:20am On Feb 25, 2013
Benz= Show that you get more than enough Dos(Money)
BMW= You don't care what you care with ur money
Audi= I am Young Millionaire
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by CzarChris(m): 7:21am On Feb 25, 2013
oluwadare26:

Mr. Badbelle, if you don't own any or have anything to comment, plz shar.rap and let people who own enlighten us.
I current own two lexus brands and am looking to sale one and buy a BMW 320i, so love that ride. So this is thread is of serious interest to me.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by tonididdy(m): 7:26am On Feb 25, 2013
All 3cars are fuel consuming giants in order of bmw,benz and audi
-for elegance,klass,comfort and turnheads use a benz
-for taxiz and drops use an audi
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by stevebond007(m): 7:29am On Feb 25, 2013
Al I kno say na Benz beta pass. Buh d tin de chop fuel.

Al Benz products r durable nd wiv precision.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by yungboss(m): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2013
oluwadare26:

boss, i only 'own(ed) the ones specifically stated...the rest weren't mine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Buy This 1914 Peugeot L45 2-seater Racecar For N2.7 Billion? (photos) / Toyota Corolla Sport 2003 Model Stolen (Photos) / Photos From An Accident Scene In Nicon Junction Abuja Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.