Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! (33504 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by ocelot2006(m): 9:49am On Feb 25, 2013
nwawuweneonye: Nairaland!most of us have not driven any of the 3 brands yet we comment. Again,we are good at ssupportng the last speaker. Wheen u hear of German Machne,d first thing that comes to mind is mercedes benz. I've driven all 3 brands but nt necessarily mine. I onw a MB 240 Kompressor. Are u talking abt speed,stability durability,turbo charge,respect,class,general performance?even b4 I bought this recent kompressor,I had driven a mercedes benz 190 with a 6 cylinder engine,factory fitted ac,leather seat n padded. A 2008 Toyota Camry couldn't complete with me along the Asaba Benin dual carriage way not to talk of the Kompressor. Have u ever wondered why most government officials around the word both d ones we see in foreign movies uses mercedes benz instead of the BMW n others. BM no doubt is yet another machine.

The BMW is equaly being used by Nigerian govt officials. It's the official ride of my state governor (Akpabio), and is favoured by our military and police service and branch chiefs (CPs-IGPol, Maj. Generals-Generals).
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Anvaller: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2013
chrisevans: Bmw is more performance oriented while merc is more of luxury. Many ppl say audi is is mix of both, but having neva driven one, I can't confirm that. But audi has been making great cars lately with beautiful interior, striking design language and their overrated quattro system (yes! Overrated. go to youtube and u'll understand). My first car was '97 E36 3 series. Being rearwheel drive, It provided driving dynamics dat was unmarched by my friend's 07 honda accord. My dad has bought 8bmws and I av driven 5 of them. I have also driven a couple mercs (97 c class, 07 c class and new E class) merc has a smoother steering feel and the interior is more comfortable. But bmw feels better to drive with a more refined and precise steering (sincerely bmw pales in comparison to merc with respect to interior design and materials). It is a car u want to take on a road trip from lagos to maiduguri...u can't get bored
\

I have total experience with the 3 brands.. and I say this comment of yours is the one that I most agree with. What I hate about Audi is the shock absorbers. It absorbs shocks as if its in pain while a BMW would absorbs shock as if it flew over it. That doesnt mean that Audi's shock absorbers wear out quickly tho.

2 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Feedmemore(f): 9:51am On Feb 25, 2013
mekula:

Drove the E36 Alpina twice or so and MEHN! Is that a jet engine or what? Further research showed that alpina versions of any beamer are very high performance sports solution and prices are way higher than regular versions.

The Alpine's are to the BMW what the AMG's are to the Benze. That is, specially built and power pack.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by dbride: 10:04am On Feb 25, 2013
Tried all, but BMW is the ultimate machine; performance is second to none and the body is 'kongi', the X5, X6 series are not for roadside mechanics!
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by mejai(m): 10:36am On Feb 25, 2013
All ye complainin of actors and govt officials using BMW, na film trick especially transporter...una try o.
But don't forget dat for some yrs now, 'd best or nothing'(benz) has been a regular feature on F1 race. C-63 AMG,CLK-GTR, now d sanusi lamido sanusi grin(SLS version). Pls don't joke wit d star.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by azpekuliar: 10:38am On Feb 25, 2013
Where is that Billoynaire only for Nairaland. The threads you expect to see him blab about his wealth, he disappears into thin air!... grin

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Arinze4eva(m): 10:39am On Feb 25, 2013
nwawuweneonye: Nairaland!most of us have not driven any of the 3 brands yet we comment. Again,we are good at ssupportng the last speaker. Wheen u hear of German Machne,d first thing that comes to mind is mercedes benz. I've driven all 3 brands but nt necessarily mine. I onw a MB 240 Kompressor. Are u talking abt speed,stability durability,turbo charge,respect,class,general performance?even b4 I bought this recent kompressor,I had driven a mercedes benz 190 with a 6 cylinder engine,factory fitted ac,leather seat n padded. A 2008 Toyota Camry couldn't complete with me along the Asaba Benin dual carriage way not to talk of the Kompressor. Have u ever wondered why most government officials around the word both d ones we see in foreign movies uses mercedes benz instead of the BMW n others. BM no doubt is yet another machine.
i'm glad i saw your comment, it seems you drove the 2.6 litre 190. i really like that car but i read in wikepedia that there's an AMG 190 with a 3.2 litre six cylinder engine. Have you seen any of those and do you know where i can get one or at least where i can get the one you drove in a neat condition and the price?
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by bong4(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2013
infolekan:
Have you ever wondered why James Bond uses BMW & Aston instead of Benz?Have you ever wondered why Jason Stathan always drives a BMW or an Audi?
Benz is stately and always appeal to the older generation....the S class wasn't made for the youth even the sportier glk dint even make the mark while BMW attracts the upwardly mobile & the young exec.
Reason the 3 series is the best selling bmw brand and the Benz S class is the best selling luxury brand.

CHief abeg we are talking of reality not film. Perhaps BMW needed James Bond to market its product. Benz does not need marketing since it is in a class of its own. What car does Jonathan use? I prefer a 190 to an EOD anyday anytime.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by OlumbaJambari: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2013
when it comes to automobiles,one will keep wanting more but to be candid i drove benz,BMW and Audi series but to me the fact remains :the benz is incomparable rugged irrespective of the models and the balance is exceptional coupled with the comfortable interiors.The BM is a combination of fancy and ruggedity,if you are the type who want to be clssy and fancied at the same time the BM series is for you,the ruggedity and fancy interior coupled with the sleeky structure of the BMs make the outstanding always,infact,the BMs are 'SHOW STOPPER" While the AUDIs are known to be land jets,the species are extraordinary cars for race,if you are the type the need speed the Audis are yours.however,i love them all because i've drove them all,they are all worth having in the fleets.they are machines made for the real wheel freaks
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2013
There are only 2 vehicle brands... Benz and all the other ones.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by xerotop(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2013
i just read an uninformed post on this thread that bmw and benz consume so much fuel, that is absolutely untrue. i once has an e46 325i 2002 which did a 9 hr journey frm bauchi to owo in ondo state with a 73 ltr tank. if not for not destroying my fuel pump with low level fuel in my tank, i woulnt have topped it up after ibilo in edo state. also my once 1999 c 230 kompressor frm lagos @ full thank was topped up just b4 abaji on my way to gombe. what more can u want with fuel efficiency in acar. whereas a friends EOD came to jos with full thank from lafia in nassarawa state and d guage is on quater to empty, for just a 3 hr drive. pls always get ur facts right b4 saying german cars consume fuel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by dbride: 11:44am On Feb 25, 2013
Feed me more:

The Alpine's are to the BMW what the AMG's are to the Benze. That is, specially built and power pack.

Certainly not for our roads. They have turbo engines. Drove one once in Kano and I was praying to God because it was as if the car would fly, definitely dangerous on a bumpy, rough road.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Esinwaju: 11:44am On Feb 25, 2013
A poll would have been better for this thread.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nightshift(m): 11:57am On Feb 25, 2013
I nearly missed this one. Anyway, it's the Münchener(BMW)all the way. Mercedes-Benz is a boring drive, hardly good in handling and on the curves. Over the past three years, BMW has sold more vehicles in North America than the Schwaben(MB). BMW has been posting more profit than MB as well; this trend is more reflected by the stock prices of the two brands at Frankfurt Börse where BMW has been trading over €65, while MB goes for over €45 per a share. The Bundeskanzlerin Mrs. Merkel, uses BMW(Customized 7er)as her official car. German ministers often cruise in BMW. Mercedes-Benz is regarded as pensioners favourite in Europe while BMW and the Ingolstädter(Audi)are for the more active folks. In German luxury segment, Porsche leads, followed closely by BMW. Münchener forever!!!
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by OmerianConsult: 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
oineoma: I ve been a fan of benz..been on it for years for their speed, strenght, comfort etc..
And safety too!
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Unkl(m): 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nice thread.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
So so true. The parts for BMW cars are so expensive.
mekula:

Plus in comparison, a BMW would whoop a Toyota's ass in parts pricing. Get a 2004 BMW and a camry 2004 or some other bmw version and its equivalent Toyota version and do a comparison in parts cost and u will be surprised at ur findings.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2013
And I can tell you, that you won't be disappointed owning one....
mekula:

BMW still rocks for me and my next car is definetly gonna be a Beamer M3, just haven't decided which yet.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Armaniswiz(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
I currently own a 2006 Audi A6 Quattro, top performance..nice interior. Gets a lot of compliments n stares mayb bcuz d car isn't much in Lagos. I've driven both Benz n BMW (family) my take is all German cars hv same tech and r very similar in performance too. What u' ll find in a Benz is much likely what u'll see in a BMW or Audi of same yr just like d Japanese cars esp Honda n Toyota. Now abt reliability, repairs n 9ja factors I'll go in this order, Benz; has more parts n mechanics in 9ja I think, Audi; sleek interiors,reliable, strong... parts n mechanics a bit scarce, BMW; great performance but i think it breaks down more than d previous two. When I hv a shapeless bnk acct I'd go for G55 or BMW x6..awesome machine!

2 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by onyxo76(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
Am not very familiar with the german cars but i've driven my father's v-boot(when v boot was still the latest benz) in vogue and i loved the handling... never tried a bmw yet... but i think i'll like to own a benz product in the nearest future...
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by katordidi(m): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
mercedes benz is in a class of its own, bmws are sleek though, as for audi i prefer volkswagen to them
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by easyson: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
I would ve love dis trend da more if we could get a mechanic of german auto...not just da drivers...though i appreciate all dis contributions
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
Armaniswiz: I currently own a 2006 Audi A6 Quattro, top performance..nice interior. Gets a lot of compliments n stares mayb bcuz d car isn't much in Lagos. I've driven both Benz n BMW (family) my take is all German cars hv same tech and r very similar in performance too. What u' ll find in a Benz is much likely what u'll see in a BMW or Audi of same yr just like d Japanese cars esp Honda n Toyota. Now abt reliability, repairs n 9ja factors I'll go in this other, Benz; has more parts n mechanics in 9ja I think, Audi; sleek interiors,reliable, strong... parts n mechanics a bit scarce, BMW; great performance but i think it breaks down more than d previous two. When I hv a shapeless bnk acct I'd go for G55 or BMW x6..awesome machine!
wow nna na machine you get for there,I currently have a 2002 Audi A6 quattro in my fleet and am thinking of upgrading to 07/08 before the year ends.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
I dont like BMW, i wount buy Audi & Mercedes always seamed to be an adult ride. I 8 German cars!
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
For real? Hope you don’t mind me asking which brands you prefer then?
Faddd: I dont like BMW, i wount buy Audi & Mercedes always seamed to be an adult ride. I 8 German cars!
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by bibina: 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2013
Currently am driving a 2012 MB 300 C-class 4matic, my boss drives the same model of a BMW 3 series, the truth is that he does not stop admiring my small C-class. I understand MB attracts lower maintenance cost compared to BMW. Again the cost of my MB c-class was more than the cost of a BMW 5 series 2012 model. With the price difference we can deduce which is better to be owned. its my personal opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abeg no dey misyarn.. Audi does not make any rwd car.. Quattro means all wheel drive

[b][/b]
chucky234: Bro you need to try out the Audi A6 (quattro) RWD then you will see why Real Madrid made Audi its official car, Benz is amazing in terms of performance as I have used the 1990 190,2000 C200 and have driven a friend's 2003 C230 but you cant take it away from Audi and BWM when it comes to all round performance.
Audi's exterior and interior designs are un equalled,the only interior designs that come close are that of Volvo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Buy This 1914 Peugeot L45 2-seater Racecar For N2.7 Billion? (photos) / Toyota Corolla Sport 2003 Model Stolen (Photos) / Photos From An Accident Scene In Nicon Junction Abuja Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.