Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. (1811 Views)

4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? / How To Talk To A Lady And Win Her Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by ijebubabe(f): 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2008
I do not know if this is the right section to post this issue that is really giving me sleepless nights.

I am a lady from ogun state presently dating a man from anambra state-enugu ukwu village. njiroka local goverment. The guy has proposed marriage to me and wants us to have our families formally introduced and have our engagement ceremony latest december this year. We love each other very much but honestly ,i didnt expect the proposal from him since i heard somewhere that people from his end do not marry outsiders.

Does anyone know about the culture and tradition regarding spouses from his part of Anambra state?God forbid but in event of the death of the man, What about the rites for widows? Do they go through any ritual or rites for their late husbands? What happens to his properties and kids?

My mother is totally against the union because she claims that they are fetish but i really do not know where she heard this from or even if its true at all.

All honest advice and opinions will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by pahtahkee: 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ Poster,
I don't think you are serious at all. Are you wishing for his death sometime soon? You are saying you are wondering where your mum heard all those fetish stories, the same place you as well heard it from.

Are you marrying him for his properties, and just deliver kids for him? Marriage is not only about him or all about you. You had better sit down and discuss this issue with him rather than come on the forum and post it here.

The issue is between you and your anambra man.

Good luck.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2008
sebi na similar thread make two madams dey insult themselves for another thread.

@thread starter, do all u can to make it work. marrying from another is never easy. im sure u know that already
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by oziomatv(m): 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2008
For the little I know some cultures in Igboland still keep their dirty tradition that one's educational level and financial status will determine whether he/she will be a victim or not. If the reverse is the case, ayah

Your profile reads UK I think you don't need to worry much about cultures except you're planning to resides in village and attends village meetings.
       we igbos love yorubagirls so your marriage is covered by allianz insurance.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2008
oziomatv:

For the little I know some cultures in Igboland still keep their dirty tradition that one's educational level and financial status will determine whether he/she will be a victim or not. If the reverse is the case, ayah

Your profile reads UK I think you don't need to worry about culture except you two are planning to resides in village and attends village meetings.
we igbos love yorubagirls
co sign.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by 4Him(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2008
oziomatv:

Your profile reads UK I think you don't need to worry about culture except you two are planning to resides in village and attends village meetings.
we igbos love yorubagirls

As a yoruba guy i prefer igbo girls. cool
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by Dreloaded(f): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2008
Liars.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by oziomatv(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2008
OMO IBO:

co sign.

Nwanna nkwu jo were m  ma tufuo okwu m
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by oziomatv(m): 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2008
D-reloaded:

Liars.
What are you doing here?
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by Dreloaded(f): 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2008
Is the thread titled Igbos only?
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by oziomatv(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
I thought you were out before that's why I came in, I'll leave now.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by mooretes: 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
Hiya!

I also heard the same thing  , Anambra people dont marry outsiders. Guess what!!!! you are lucky to have someone who proposed to you. Be happy with what you have and dont let hear say destroy your road to happiness. Truth is, its not easy marrying be it from outside your place or from your place but if you meet someone and you are able to stand thru thick and thin with the person then go for it.

Make the most of now, All the best

x

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by Dreloaded(f): 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
Good  grin

anywhere I see you mention Yorubas, i'll expose you. Oloshi. Have a nice day.  wink
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 17, 2008
LOL
It's amazing how one tribe always suspects the others of juju.
@ Ijebubabe,everything your mom told you about Igbos,we heard same of Ijebus so it all cancels out.

as pahtakee pointed out
why would the rite of widows and property be paramount in the mind of a woman in love who hasn't even accepted a proposal ?
that one dey fear me o
if you don't like the man abeg "untie" him let him find another
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by oziomatv(m): 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
D-reloaded:

Good  grin

anywhere I see you mention Yorubas, i'll expose you. Oloshi. Have a nice day.  wink

Thanks
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by tRoOE(f): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
This story is  fabricated angry angry angry

My nairaland friends, am falling in love with a young man form Delta state, Ndokwa local Government , Kwale or Ukwani, Abbi. From what i heard his people are not only promiscuous but superstitious too.

Is anyone from this place or do you know someone, anybody that is from this place. Please tell me about them

YES I KNOW, am in love with him and not his people or his tribe but have i done anything wrong by trying to find out thing about his people?

I am Igbo, from IMO state.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-119877.0.html
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by ifyalways(f): 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
@TroOE lol
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by SweetT1: 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2008
@poster

That's a match made in Sokoto ! grin
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by tRoOE(f): 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ifyalways

LOL  right back at you tongue
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by tpia: 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ oziomatv

What are you doing here?

@oziomatv

I thought you were out before that's why I came in, I'll leave now.

this oziomatv is very divisive and prejudiced, for real.

whats his problem na.

this is why Africa has issues. Many Africans cannot relate with other tribes. They don't know how and they don't want to learn, but only stay in their narrowminded circle. undecided

its one thing to be patriotic, but quite another to be openly racist and tribalistic.

When I mentioned Biafraworld on another thread, people were getting their knickers in a twist thinking i was insulting Igbos. My point is, if you don't want to relate with other tribes in Nigeria besides your own, then why are you here on this site?

I'm seriously wondering.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by tpia: 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2008
@nwando

Ijebubabe,everything your mom told you about Igbos,we heard same of Ijebus so it all cancels out.

this is what I was saying on the other thread.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2008
tpia you miss the whole thing.
the kwale folks said their juju kills wayward wives.
Their own admission not mine
what's your own?
if this Ijebubabe says Njikoka people eat their first borns and other Njikoka people agree,I'll be the first to tell her to run away
I wouldn't want her first born eaten
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2008
typing the same thing within little or no intervals get tiring. these igbo-yoruba marriage threads don tire me. if u guys are conscious of other tribes why get into the relationship in the first place?

well, i have a yoruba girl friend. when i spoke to her mum for the first time she brought the igbo-yoruba thingy to my attention. i told her not to worry about it. cut long story short, work on ur relationship. there is no mountain or obstacle wey 'gift of the gab' no fit destroy.

CLOSE THREAD
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by tpia: 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2008
nwando:

tpia you miss the whole thing.
the kwale folks said their juju kills wayward wives.
Their own admission not mine
what's your own?
if this Ijebubabe says Njikoka people eat their first borns and other Njikoka people agree,I'll be the first to tell her to run away
I wouldn't want her first born eaten

abeg no be fight o.

I'm just stating that stereotypes abound everywhere. Whether they're true or not, I'm sure there's always exceptions to the general rule anyway.

biko no confirm this omo ibo allegation, abeg.
sebi na similar thread make two madams dey insult themselves for another thread.

Me i no vex o. You dey vex? 

In any case, there's something fishy about these threads.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by 4Him(m): 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2008
OMO IBO:

typing the same thing within little or no intervals get tiring. these igbo-yoruba marriage threads don tire me. if u guys are conscious of other tribes why get into the relationship in the first place?

well, i have a yoruba girl friend. when i spoke to her mum for the first time she brought the igbo-yoruba thingy to my attention. i told her not to worry about it. cut long story short, work on your relationship. there is no mountain or obstacle wey 'gift of the gab' no fit destroy.

CLOSE THREAD

Excellent submission.
I dont really see a problem with the igbo-yoruba issue . . . many people are into it and are making it work perfectly.
If i had a choice i'd marry an igbo despite not understanding a shred of the language. Life is all about what you make out of it and not trying to live according to the ill-concieved prejudice of others.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by mmonwuba(m): 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2008
i think its a function of the family background he is from and also your family background. But Anambra people dont have a problem with intertribal marriage.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by oziomatv(m): 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2008
tpia:

@ oziomatv

@oziomatv

this oziomatv is very divisive and prejudiced, for real.

whats his problem na.

this is why Africa has issues. Many Africans cannot relate with other tribes. They don't know how and they don't want to learn, but only stay in their narrowminded circle. undecided

its one thing to be patriotic, but quite another to be openly racist and tribalistic.

When I mentioned Biafraworld on another thread, people were getting their knickers in a twist thinking i was insulting Igbos. My point is, if you don't want to relate with other tribes in Nigeria besides your own, then why are you here on this site?

I'm seriously wondering.
Your father never told you that an inquisitive monkey takes bullet on his head?
Go ahead quating me in every thread you're in, just to be noticed by a girl that will never show you her undies. Or for a selfish popularity in nairaland.
In my post did you find any hatred or tribalistic/racial comment? I think it's time for you to mind your foolish business and stay off my back am not your playmate.

I'll not waste any longer my time to answer you again.
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by tpia: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2008
oziomatv:

Your father never told you that an inquisitive monkey takes bullet on his head?
Go ahead quating me in every thread you're in, just to be noticed by a girl that will never show you her undies. Or for a selfish popularity in nairaland.
In my post did you find any hatred or tribalistic/racial comment? I think it's time for you to mind your foolish business and stay off my back am not your playmate.

I'll not waste any longer my time to answer you again.

you need to get your mind out of the gutter and understand you've been busted.

I don't roll that way, so take your sick utterances somewhere else. Maybe na your own obsession dey make you pursue somebody from thread to thread. Better call a spade a spade.

how many times have you entered a thread with your first post being what is someone doing there. Once, twice is okay, but when it becomes your habit everytime, thats very annoying.

please stick to your promise not to answer me again o.  As if.

I know the only thing you're consistent with is tribalism. angry

[s]how long before you delete your original post here.[/s]
Re: Ogun State Lady And Anambra Man. by oziomatv(m): 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2008
I'll just call you a truoblemaker cause all you're looking for is truoble here and there, trying to hook two heads together to have your fun.
Please mind your business and let others play their game their own way.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can You Spend On A First Date? / is It Rude To Fart When Someone Is Crying? / Breast Sucking Good For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.