Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. (7838 Views)

Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) / Connect Your Desktop Or Laptop To The Internet Using Phone Bluetooth / Use AirCard on your Desktop Computer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 13, 2013
fellis: Mine is below

ok from your screen shot...i gather that you are not particular about things that are not important (lining up your icons, putting them in alphabetical order; etc). You appreciate the beauty of nature and are a peaceful person (beach background...calm waters).

It appears to be that you are an inviting person and very hospitable.

You're also pretty good at multitasking (taskbar). Also going by your taskbar, I see you appreciate media (music, movies, videos). And lastly, I see that you are very much computer savy. smiley

How did I do? grin
#crossesfingers! grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

ok from your screen shot...i gather that you are not particular about things that are not important (lining up your icons, putting them in alphabetical order; etc). You appreciate the beauty of nature and are a peaceful person (beach background...calm waters).

You're also pretty good at multitasking (taskbar). Also going by your taskbar, I see you appreciate media (music, movies, videos). And lastly, I see that you are very much computer savy. smiley

How did I do? grin
#crossesfingers! grin

#Crossesfingers too! grin

By the way, fellis, u've got mail.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
And lastly, I see that you are very much computer savy. smiley
^^
Bet you didnt pick this one from her desktop. wink
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
and i admire how patient you are with ppl in the religious section, even with me. cool
I read thisand was wondering whether we have ever interacted in the religion section then I remembered that one time grin
You were so uncharacteristically unfriendly and antagonistic that day, why? Was it your hatred of Islam that was making you so hostile? lol

MsDarkSkin:
ok from your screen shot...i gather that you are not particular about things that are not important (lining up your icons, putting them in alphabetical order; etc).
True. I ignore things that are not important to me in any way, they are practically invisible.

You appreciate the beauty of nature and are a peaceful person (beach background...calm waters).
So true....you have no idea.

I am inviting to only certain types of people and I try to be hospitable to everyone. So kind of true.

You're also pretty good at multitasking (taskbar).
Pfft.... grin
The reason why I have so many tasks running is because I am easily bored so I am constantly switching from one task to the other for constant stimulation.

Also going by your taskbar, I see you appreciate media (music, movies, videos).
I do so much, I always have something playing, music, movie etc whenever I work with the laptop.

And lastly, I see that you are very much computer savy. smiley
Sort of.

How did I do? grin
#crossesfingers! grin

Good effort, you tried; 7/10
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
kay9:

By the way, fellis, u've got mail.

ok
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
kay9:
^^
Bet you didnt pick this one from her desktop. wink

lol i swear i did. grin

look at her icons!
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
fellis:
I read thisand was wondering whether we have ever interacted in the religion section then I remembered that one time grin

You were so uncharacteristically unfriendly and antagonistic that day, why? Was it your hatred of Islam that was making you so hostile? lol

LOL. I know...one thing about me is I like to read and do lots of research..sometimes too much if you ask me. Add that with being an emotional person and #BOOM you have a bomb on two legs! grin

I have seen a few documentaries and read about Islam's involvement not only with the slave trade but also with many other horrible things that has happened the world over. It made me angry because at one point I was thinking about reverting (true story) and then on a personal level I have been let down by folks who claimed to be faithful Muslims etc. etc. so yeah You can say I had a prejudice but a combination of my mother's wisdom, a Muslim friend of mine educating me down for hours about "judging the man and not the religion" and personal insight, has changed me a bit. I am still working on it but I am learning to keep my EMO side to myself and to take time to judge people and not who/what they are associated with. smiley

My bad for the ranting that day! grin you were patient with me and I'll never forget that. Thanks. smiley

True. I ignore things that are not important to me in any way, they are practically invisible.

So true....you have no idea.

I am inviting to only certain types of people and I try to be hospitable to everyone. So kind of true.

Pfft.... grin
The reason why I have so many tasks running is because I am easily bored so I am constantly switching from one task to the other for constant stimulation.

I do so much, I always have something playing, music, movie etc whenever I work with the laptop.

Sort of.

lol @ the bolded..well i will admit that i over did myself with that tongue

(Kay I see what you mean now lol)...grin

Good effort, you tried; 7/10

lol @ you tried...i am very happy with the score though..even if it is 70% grin
*does the skip to my lou dance* grin

this was fun guys!! smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
LOL. I know...one thing about me is I like to read and do lots of research..sometimes too much if you ask me. Add that with being an emotional person and #BOOM you have a bomb on two legs! grin
I have seen a few documentaries and read about Islam's involvement not only with the slave trade but also with many other horrible things that has happened the world over. It made me angry because at one point I was thinking about reverting (true story) and then on a personal level I have been let down by folks who claimed to be faithful Muslims etc. etc. so yeah You can say I had a prejudice but a combination of my mother's wisdom, a Muslim friend of mine educating me down for hours about "judging the man and not the religion" and personal insight, has changed me a bit. I am still working on it but I am learning to keep my EMO side to myself and to take time to judge people and not who/what they are associated with. smiley

So you almost became a Muslim....hmmm.
Interesting....
And by the way there is nothing like too much research, you can never know too much about this world so you are on the right track smiley
Keep reading.

Anywayz, you mentioned in one of my threads that you are not religious but that you believe God exists.
Why do you believe God exists? What evidence convinced you of it?
The reason why I ask is because most irreligious people are atheists and the ones who believe there is a God usually say that they have witnessed or experienced something out of the ordinary that made them say so. Did you have a supernatural experience or something of that nature?
You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to.

this was fun guys!! smiley smiley
It sure was smiley
Thanks for playing along.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kmanning: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
Guys relax, If u need mtn magic sim dt browses freely, contact me@ freebrowsing4ng.(dot)com or 07030849251
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by ikechukz(m): 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
My desktop

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 3:21am On Apr 15, 2013
ikechukz: My desktop

i like!! cool
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 15, 2013
fellis:

So you almost became a Muslim....hmmm.
Interesting....
And by the way there is nothing like too much research, you can never know too much about this world so you are on the right track smiley
Keep reading.

Anywayz, you mentioned in one of my threads that you are not religious but that you believe God exists.
Why do you believe God exists? What evidence convinced you of it?
The reason why I ask is because most irreligious people are atheists and the ones who believe there is a God usually say that they have witnessed or experienced something out of the ordinary that made them say so. Did you have a supernatural experience or something of that nature?
You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to.

well, i grew up around lots of theists and religious folks.
I've seen how family, friends, and associates have gone through some of the toughest challenges in life - almost to the point of losing everything - managing to keep the faith and their relationship with God. Witnessing their strength as well as their resilience and then seeing the reward they got as a result is what convinced me that there is a God.

I myself have had a few blessings and miracles happen to me too despite not really having a strong relationship with the creator. I have been through some real drama and bull---t and all it took was prayer and i was relieved of what ever was happening.

So I know that there is a God. "Someone/thing" heard our prayers and took care of us in the end so for me there is no question.

I wish to have a stronger connection and I am working on it..I just no longer believe I need to claim a faith to do so.

As for my wanting to be a Muslim.....

This Black American gentleman used to own a "pro-black" book/souvenir shop in my city back when I was in elementary school. I remember I was having issues with self image/esteem and my mom, noticing this, would take me to the library or to his shop to buy books about our history.

Anyway, he had a huge collection of pro-black and religious related texts mostly pertaining to Islam - by default Islam is like the religion of choice for Afro. Centrics grin here in America.

He and my mom would reason/talk about Islam, life, God and exchange their ideas. I was a child and they thought I was too young to comprehend what they were saying but I was well aware. Based off of his demeanor and insight, I remember thinking Islam is a religion for the strong minded and was a righteous religion. I also remember wanting to be part of that. Even though years passed and I never reverted it was always in the back of my mind to study it and perhaps commit but like I said things happened since then and I grew up eventually deciding that it's not for me.

I don't believe I need to be part of any religion or denomination.
@ this point my focus is on God and self.

It sure was smiley
Thanks for playing along.

cool cool
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
well, i grew up around lots of theists and religious folks.
I've seen how family, friends, and associates have gone through some of the toughest challenges in life - almost to the point of losing everything - managing to keep the faith and their relationship with God. Witnessing their strength as well as their resilience and then seeing the reward they got as a result is what convinced me that there is a God.
I myself have had a few blessings and miracles happen to me too despite not really having a strong relationship with the creator. I have been through some real drama and bull---t and all it took was prayer and i was relieved of what ever was happening.
So I know that there is a God. "Someone/thing" heard our prayers and took care of us in the end so for me there is no question.
I wish to have a stronger connection and I am working on it..I just no longer believe I need to claim a faith to do so.
I don't believe I need to be part of any religion or denomination.
@ this point my focus is on God and self

Glad to hear that you were able to overcome your struggles.

Are you sure you don't need religion? You ought to have some guidelines in order to connect to God, if you believe that he truly exists, how would you know what God likes, what he wants you to do and what he considers to be sins?

Nevertheless, If you don't wish to join any religion then you don't have to do that. What is most important is living a life where you treat other people with kindness and consideration. You don't necessarily have to be part of any religion to be a decent human being.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 15, 2013
ikechukz: My desktop

Cool.
So You read spiderman comics? grin

I have been planning to turn on that efficiency monitor (am not even sure that is the name of the software) on the top right of your screen but I keep forgetting to do it. Will get to it right away.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by toriade: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
Clumsy as usual

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
toriade: Clumsy as usual
Who's the lady in the wallpaper?
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by toriade: 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
fellis:
Who's the lady in the wallpaper?

Jill Scott
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
toriade:

Jill Scott
Why did you choose her picture for your wallpaper? Is she your rolemodel? lipsrsealed
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by ikechukz(m): 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2013
fellis:

Cool.
So You read spiderman comics? grin

I have been planning to turn on that efficiency monitor (am not even sure that is the name of the software) on the top right of your screen but I keep forgetting to do it. Will get to it right away.
I still read lots of comics.The stuff at the right is from a skin pack i installed.I'm still using windows 7.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
fellis:

Glad to hear that you were able to overcome your struggles.

Are you sure you don't need religion? You ought to have some guidelines in order to connect to God, if you believe that he truly exists, how would you know what God likes, what he wants you to do and what he considers to be sins?

Nevertheless, If you don't wish to join any religion then you don't have to do that.[size=18pt] What is most important is living a life where you treat other people with kindness and consideration. You don't necessarily have to be part of any religion to be a decent human being[/size].

^^^ That right there is what I live by sis.
I live by the "Golden Rule: Treat others how you want to be treated".

There is no doubt that religion is what introduced me to God or the concept of a creator -

(truth be told, I read up on religions from all over esp. far east religions such as Confucianism as well as Buddhism and learn from them - i think all religions have the same root/concept but ppl have gone astray)

however experience has shown me that to know God doesn't mean to claim a denomination.

I just have to live right, do right by myself and others. I just have to learn life's lessons and maintain until it's my time to go "home". smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Viewing this topic: Lucifer

grin grin grin

na WA o! grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
toriade: Clumsy as usual

clumsy?
don't say clumsy...that's you, embrace it.
your desktop is the way it is because it's fitting for you. smiley

lol @ the viewing list..as long as it's not who i think it is...
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 10:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
cool cool

That's me.... undecided

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 17, 2013
*Kails*:

^^^ That right there is what I live by sis.
I live by the "Golden Rule: Treat others how you want to be treated".
There is no doubt that religion is what introduced me to God or the concept of a creator -
(truth be told, I read up on religions from all over esp. far east religions such as Confucianism as well as Buddhism and learn from them - i think all religions have the same root/concept but ppl have gone astray)
however experience has shown me that to know God doesn't mean to claim a denomination.
I just have to live right, do right by myself and others. I just have to learn life's lessons and maintain until it's my time to go "home". smiley
@bold, Good for you. Just keep it up, you're doing the right.
The thing is, whether one believes in heaven or not or whether one is an atheist or theist, it always pays to live a good life and to apply the golden rule.

I think the name of your beliefs is 'independent theism'. It means belief in the existence of God without being part of any religion or independent of any religion.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 17, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin grin

na WA o! grin

Lwkmd grin
So satan came to view my thread? grin grin grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 17, 2013
Feraz: cool cool

That's me.... undecided
Wow Feraz.
This does not surprise me at all. Infact what would have been surprising was if you posted a screenshot that had nothing related to Naruto on it smiley
don't worry, I will alert you as soon as I find a Naruto theme or Naruto skin because it will make more sense for you to use it, than just using the wallpaper. grin

No vex o, Feraz, am only teasing. I think your desktop looks awesome. Tsundare is my favorite hokage btw smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 17, 2013
ikechukz:
I still read lots of comics.The stuff at the right is from a skin pack i installed.I'm still using windows 7.
Where do you download the comics? That efficiency monitor stuff is also in windows 7, not only windows 8.
Check for the software, 'CPU meter' in your gadgets.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
fellis:
Wow Feraz.
This does not surprise me at all. Infact what would have been surprising was if you posted a screenshot that had nothing related to Naruto on it smiley
don't worry, I will alert you as soon as I find a Naruto theme or Naruto skin because it will make more sense for you to use it, than just using the wallpaper. grin

No vex o, Feraz, am only teasing. I think your desktop looks awesome. Tsundare is my favorite hokage btw smiley
lol.... I'm a Naruto fan.....even sometimes, I use some of my drawings from there as profile pictures on various social networks.....
I'm someone who doesn't like much applications on his pc but just the relevant ones like Autodesk Maya, Idle and few others....love it simple....
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
^^^^ grin grin grin

hello there!

Nothing wrong with a simple desktop, just go with what works best for you.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
Arigatou gozaimasu!!
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by folafola(m): 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
a new windows 8 i bought for a colleague

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Activate Windows 8 Without The Serial Number. / Where To Buy Apple Macbook In Lagos Or Abuja / Help To Unlock Glo Netpro Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.