Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,073 members, 7,807,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. (7837 Views)

Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) / Connect Your Desktop Or Laptop To The Internet Using Phone Bluetooth / Use AirCard on your Desktop Computer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 18, 2013
Feraz: Arigatou gozaimasu!!
You're welcome
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 18, 2013
folafola: a new windows 8 i bought for a colleague
There is no wallpaper or taskbar . . . . . . . .and the screen looks like a calculator/keyboard sad
That must be a customized desktop, I doubt the default windows 8 desktop looks like that.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 8:56am On Apr 18, 2013
Actually, that's the start menu....notice that you'll see Desktop there if you look closely.... I use a windows 8 OS and that is how the desktop interface is (the screenshot I uploaded).....
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
Feraz: Actually, that's the start menu....notice that you'll see Desktop there if you look closely.... I use a windows 8 OS and that is how the desktop interface is (the screenshot I uploaded).....

Ok.

I was wondering about that picture because I have seen windows 8 online before and the desktop was different from it.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
fellis:

Lwkmd grin
So satan came to view my thread? grin grin grin

lol i suppose so.
i just hope it's not who i think it is. tongue

fellis:
@bold, Good for you. Just keep it up, you're doing the right.
The thing is, whether one believes in heaven or not or whether one is an atheist or theist, it always pays to live a good life and to apply the golden rule.

100% truth!! cool

I think the name of your beliefs is 'independent theism'. It means belief in the existence of God without being part of any religion or independent of any religion.

pretty much. i never even thought there was a classification for ppl like me.
Regardless, that description is pretty accurate. so yes, that's me. kiss
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 22, 2013
*Kails*:

lol i suppose so.
i just hope it's not who i think it is. tongue

Who do you think it is? Pls tell me, I'm curious.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2013
Independent theism, atheism, religion. . . .
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
^^^^
There is no name for those who follow Naruto religiously, sorry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
I so wish I could put my desktop here. But it'll be too easy to infer a lot about me or my profession sad
Kudos to those who are brave enough to do this though. Fellis, Kay, toriade. . . .
Anywyz, am gonna do a YOLO one here and put up my browser! cheesy

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
That's why I don't keep files on my desktop. . . smiley

But bros. . .the tabs too much

1 Like

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
That's me and Chrome for you grin. I love the tabs!
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
sauer: I so wish I could put my desktop here. But it'll be too easy to infer a lot about me or my profession sad
Kudos to those who are brave enough to do this though. Fellis, Kay, toriade. . . .
Anywyz, am gonna do a YOLO one here and put up my browser! cheesy

That is one seriously crowded browser.How do you manage to navigate through the tabs without accidentally closing any one?
You can try opening new pages in new windows instead of tabs to prevent this problem.

Its cool that you use chrome, chrome is me favourite browser.
Google Chrome ftw cool
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
fellis:

That is one seriously crowded browser.How do you manage to navigate through the tabs without accidentally closing any one?
You can try opening new pages in new windows instead of tabs to prevent this problem.

Its cool that you use chrome, chrome is me favourite browser.
Google Chrome ftw cool
crowded? true. Seriously? No! grin
Quite easy to navigate through the tabs. Chrome doesn't show any signs of closing them until one actually clicks on the tab. I admit I should cut down on my tab use sha. It's quite crowded.
As soon as I start surfing the net, I honestly can't count how many times I hit "open in new tab". I love research and moving from one tab to another could very well be, to me, like traveling from one interesting city to the other.

Google Chrome is cool. But then, work often forces me to use Explorer sad
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
I'm a chrome fan too. . . . grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 25, 2013
sauer:
crowded? true. Seriously? No! grin
I think thirty tabs can be regarded as crowded.
Yes, I counted grin

I admit I should cut down on my tab use sha. It's quite crowded.
You don't have to do this if you don't want to, try opening new windows or use another browser, firefox maybe.

As soon as I start surfing the net, I honestly can't count how many times I hit "open in new tab". I love research and moving from one tab to another could very well be, to me, like traveling from one interesting city to the other.

I totally understand what you mean.
Browsing some wikipedia pages can be hellish for me, I keep opening new tabs to get more info on the original topic I searched until I end up with 9 million different tabs grin

Google Chrome is cool. But then, work often forces me to use Explorer sad
I detest explorer.... it's not so bad but I dislike it just because I see it as an outdated and old fashioned browser.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 25, 2013
Feraz: I'm a chrome fan too. . . . grin grin grin cheesy

Nice smiley

You know about chrome themes?
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 25, 2013

I think thirty tabs can be regarded as crowded.
Yes, I counted grin

Can't believe you counted. I never thought there were more than 7-8 tabs there tongue

You don't have to do this if you don't want to, try opening new windows or use another browser, firefox maybe.

Firefox? No freaking way! Sorry, I came, I saw and I conquered with Chrome!

I totally understand what you mean.
Browsing some wikipedia pages can be hellish for me, I keep opening new tabs to get more info on the original topic I searched until I end up with 9 million different tabs grin
Wikitabing? I'm so guilty of that too. Now, I just close the parent window before opening the child window. Wikitabing is lovely though. Wikipedia, much more.

I detest explorer.... it's not so bad but I dislike it just because I see it as an outdated and old fashioned browser.
I detest explorer too. For the love of me, I can't imagine why they bothered designing that browser. Windows was just good enough.

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2013
You trust me now! Uchiha all the way. . . . grin grin grin grin grin
fellis:

Nice smiley

You know about chrome themes?
then again, concerning internet explorer, I think it's the most widely used browser in the world. . . .

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
That is a monstrosity.

how do u look at that browser for more than 5 minutes? undecided undecided undecided grin grin grin grin

lil sumpin

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
And this is how to do red wink wink

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
What sef??!!! Show off angry angry. . . .intimidating me with ubuntu. . grin grin grin. . .but guy. .lock up. .it's cool. .is that a gnome 3??

That is a monstrosity.
how do u look at that browser for more than 5 minutes?
lil sumpin
You know, I kinda partitioned my hdd with win 8 being the primary os and ubuntu the latter but abandoned it since I upgraded (well, not abandoned per se but that when I boot my system, it doesn't offer me the option of selecting one and frankly speaking, I don't know how to go about that. . .help appreciated)

Then again, that's a theme from chrome that shows when a new tab is launched. . .
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
sauer:
Firefox? No freaking way! Sorry, I came, I saw and I conquered with Chrome!
I detest explorer too. For the love of me, I can't imagine why they bothered designing that browser. Windows was just good enough.

Lol @ internet exploiter grin

Why don't you like firefox? It's my next favorite browser after Chrome, haven't had any problems with it so far.
Anyway you can just keep it as the spare browser to use whenever you feel like taking a break from chrome, it's quite ok.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Feraz: You trust me now! Uchiha all the way. . . . grin grin grin grin grin
then again, concerning internet explorer, I think it's the most widely used browser in the world. . . .

First of all, internet explorer is the most widely used browser and this is because it is the oldest. More people are used to it and understand it including people that don't like change and people that can't be bothered to download a new type of browser and so they only browse with whatever was installed in their laptops when they bought it lipsrsealed

My chrome theme;
|
|
V
Very simple, nothing complicated or fancy about it.

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
4llerbuntu: That is a monstrosity.
how do u look at that browser for more than 5 minutes? undecided undecided undecided grin grin grin grin
lil sumpin

That looks nice.
I would like to work with Ubuntu OS just to have some first hand experience of what it is like, I have never done that before and all I know about Ubuntu are things I heard or read online.
I wanted to partition windows and add Ubuntu OS to the system but I was afraid of running into complications like what feraz complained about.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lol at the pinkish colour. . . .that's too girly. . . grin grin grin grin

What I need is just to get a setup file for ubuntu and make it boot alongside windows so I can select one. . .it's quite ok wink. . .but you're feeling one of my main characters. . . cheesy
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
fellis:

Lol @ internet exploiter grin

Why don't you like firefox? It's my next favorite browser after Chrome, haven't had any problems with it so far.
Anyway you can just keep it as the spare browser to use whenever you feel like taking a break from chrome, it's quite ok.
I do use firefox sometimes. But its heavy interface and many plugins can be frustrating. Chrome is just simple and ready to go. Of course, chrome has its plugins too, but those are easier to handle.

Contrary to what you think, Internet Explorer is simply not the most widely used browser around. Though, of course, many people use Windows, they'll quickly download any other browser to use for the internet, mostly Firefox.

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
arg!! That pink stung my eyes cool
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
sauer: arg!! That pink stung my eyes cool
Haha grin
Sorry

sauer:
I do use firefox sometimes. But its heavy interface and many plugins can be frustrating. Chrome is just simple and ready to go. Of course, chrome has its plugins too, but those are easier to handle.
Sure. The simplicity of chrome is part of why I love it so much smiley

Contrary to what you think, Internet Explorer is simply not the most widely used browser around. Though, of course, many people use Windows, they'll quickly download any other browser to use for the internet, mostly Firefox.
That's good to know. Thanks for the info.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
Feraz:
What I need is just to get a setup file for ubuntu and make it boot alongside windows so I can select one. . .it's quite ok wink. . .but you're feeling one of my main characters. . . cheesy

@bold, see?
That's why I cannot partition windows.I am not too tech savvy embarassed embarassed embarassed
If I had partitioned and then faced the same issue with not being able to select one OS after booting I would not have known that the solution was to get a setup file.
Unless I asked.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
fellis:
Haha grin
Sorry

So, you are a redditor? Hmm...
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
sauer:
So, you are a redditor? Hmm...

So you could see the icon through the blinding and dazzling pink theme?
Hmmmm

grin

Yeah sure, I visit reddit smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
And wait a minute! Are you just reading about evolution or you school in Berkeley?
Sorry, am just too curious grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Activate Windows 8 Without The Serial Number. / Where To Buy Apple Macbook In Lagos Or Abuja / Help To Unlock Glo Netpro Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.