Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye (13460 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 2:20am On Feb 25, 2013
RCCG Open Heavens Devotion Monday 25 February 2013 EVANGELISM: WHAT PACKAGING? by Pastor E. A. Adeboye

MEMORISE: The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not; neither come hither to draw. John 4:15
READ: John 4:7-15
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 5-8
Action point: The Gospel eradicates lines of enmity. Lead someone at war with you to Christ.

In today's bible reading, we see that our Lord Jesus Christ while sitting by a well asked for water from a woman that came by the well to draw some water. In other words, Jesus asked her for a favour. He used this approach to start a conversation with her. The lesson here is that although there are several approaches in evangelising, there is a right approach for each person that can easily deliver the message and win that soul to Christ. This requires you to be led of the Holy Spirit in order to know the right approach for everyone you meet. -

In addition, we see that even though the Samaritans and the Jews had no dealings with each other, the Lord Jesus broke the ice when it came to evangelism. John 3:16 says He came for the whole world and consequently He does not want any of His creatures to be lost. There are some Christians who have the opportunity to share the good news of the Gospel with certain unfriendly folks, but deliberately refuse to, because they prefer they died in sin and went to hell than hear the Gospel, become saved and go to Heaven. They are the brothers of Jonah! Don't forget that the Gospel should not only be preached to our friends and relations but also to our enemies. As far as the Gospel is concerned, there is no enemy other than Satan and his cohorts. Any enemy you preach to that yields to your message becomes your friend.

Moreover, we can also learn from the way Jesus packaged the salvation message. He made salvation so attractive that the one who had something with which to fetch water, soon began asking the One who had nothing to fetch water, to give her water. Jesus made her to know that there was superior water that could quench one's thirst permanently. On hearing this, she began to salivate. Many people fail to lead unbelievers to Christ because there is nothing attractive about the Gospel they are presenting to them. We need to ask the Holy Spirit to help us repackage the Gospel message in a way that it becomes irresistible to the hearers. On the other hand, in a bid to make the Gospel attractive, some people tell lies by saying: If you come to Christ, you will have no trouble, and you will have a smooth ride in life. It is not true! Problems will come but Jesus will help you to overcome. How attractive is that Gospel you preach?

http://earlydigest..com/2013/02/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-monday-25.html

18 Likes

Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by oluwadare26(m): 9:17am On Feb 25, 2013
Baba G.O always on point

3 Likes

Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by Liberal2020: 9:17am On Feb 25, 2013
smiley
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2013
Its packaging now? Please let's not blame the prostitutes then
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by mosquitoNet(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2013
leffects: RCCG Open Heavens Devotion Monday 25 February 2013 EVANGELISM: WHAT PACKAGING? by Pastor E. A. Adeboye

MEMORISE: The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not; neither come hither to draw. John 4:15
READ: John 4:7-15
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 5-8
Action point: The Gospel eradicates lines of enmity. Lead someone at war with you to Christ.

In today's bible reading, we see that our Lord Jesus Christ while sitting by a well asked for water from a woman that came by the well to draw some water. In other words, Jesus asked her for a favour. He used this approach to start a conversation with her. The lesson here is that although there are several approaches in evangelising, there is a right approach for each person that can easily deliver the message and win that soul to Christ. This requires you to be led of the Holy Spirit in order to know the right approach for everyone you meet. -

In addition, we see that even though the Samaritans and the Jews had no dealings with each other, the Lord Jesus broke the ice when it came to evangelism. John 3:16 says He came for the whole world and consequently He does not want any of His creatures to be lost. There are some Christians who have the opportunity to share the good news of the Gospel with certain unfriendly folks, but deliberately refuse to, because they prefer they died in sin and went to hell than hear the Gospel, become saved and go to Heaven. They are the brothers of Jonah! Don't forget that the Gospel should not only be preached to our friends and relations but also to our enemies. As far as the Gospel is concerned, there is no enemy other than Satan and his cohorts. Any enemy you preach to that yields to your message becomes your friend.

Moreover, we can also learn from the way Jesus packaged the salvation message. He made salvation so attractive that the one who had something with which to fetch water, soon began asking the One who had nothing to fetch water, to give her water. Jesus made her to know that there was superior water that could quench one's thirst permanently. On hearing this, she began to salivate. Many people fail to lead unbelievers to Christ because there is nothing attractive about the Gospel they are presenting to them. We need to ask the Holy Spirit to help us repackage the Gospel message in a way that it becomes irresistible to the hearers. On the other hand, in a bid to make the Gospel attractive, some people tell lies by saying: If you come to Christ, you will have no trouble, and you will have a smooth ride in life. It is not true! Problems will come but Jesus will help you to overcome. How attractive is that Gospel you preach?

http://earlydigest..com/2013/02/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-monday-25.html
WTF!
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by EiE1(f): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2013
Irritant. You quoted all dat †☺ write dat nonsense. Some of you amaze me sha, na message abi messenger be the WTF now? As if you must comment. Good God!

mosquitoNet: WTF!

4 Likes

Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by EiE1(f): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2013
#won wi'ru, eleyi n wiru# Mtcheww!

iv4fb: Its packaging now? Please let's not blame the prostitutes then
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by Fantacy1(m): 9:36am On Feb 25, 2013
2ru talk. Dia is always a beta way 2 present d gospel which most bliver lack. 2 catch a criminal, u must tink lik one. St paul said: wen u ar in Rome, u shud bhave lik a Roman. Condemn sin not d sinner

2 Likes

Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2013
|______________||||____||______________||||____||______________||||____|
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by 1shortblackboy: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2013
Ile-Ife:
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Christianity.
ehe ? For this nairaland wey be pro islam and anti christian ?!

3 Likes

Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by CeCeBillz(f): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2013
So u quoted all tat just 4 dis? WTF is wrong wit ur brain? sad
mosquitoNet: WTF!
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by gen2briz(m): 10:05am On Feb 25, 2013
Reserving space...... Coming back
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by kemoolala: 10:07am On Feb 25, 2013
Daddy GO always on point!
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by mosquitoNet(m): 10:22am On Feb 25, 2013
M
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by Cusubaba(m): 10:22am On Feb 25, 2013
lol...
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 25, 2013
. E!E!(f):

@ E!E!(f), I beg u don't talk back @ me, if you have nothing to say, just shut up-i didn't call u, I reserve the right to my opinions, go get a life! That's how u guys forget the message and concentrate on the messenger.

I reserve the right not to like him-its my opinion. A guy whose 71st birthday will be marked with 71 hours of praise and prayers, where do u guys learn that from? Worshiping the preacher and forgetting God!
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by mosquitoNet(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2013
no mind dem! Dem no get di message. Pastor sef na packaging tins undecided
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by 5alive(m): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2013
drivin a car without fuel is also packaging things
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by eagleeye2: 10:52am On Feb 25, 2013
Ile-Ife:
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Christianity.

i tire ohhh.

The MODs should balance this thing naw.Let it be a standard for all thread that has to do with religion. In that way it will be fair to all concerned.
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by mrofficial2(m): 10:58am On Feb 25, 2013
Wow! This thread is so clean. Where are the likes of musKeeto and pagan 9ja to come and show their intelligences. halfwits!
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:14am On Feb 25, 2013
iv4fb: . E!E!(f):

@ E!E!(f), I beg u don't talk back @ me, if you have nothing to say, just shut up-i didn't call u, I reserve the right to my opinions, go get a life! That's how u guys forget the message and concentrate on the messenger.

I reserve the right not to like him-its my opinion. A guy whose 71st birthday will be marked with 71 hours of praise and prayers, where do u guys learn that from? Worshiping the preacher and forgetting God!
Is it 71 hours of praising daddy G.O and 71 hrs of praying to daddy G.O ? I think it's 71 hrs of praising God and 71 hrs of praying to God ! Some others will use their own 71 hrs to bring people together to drink and get drunk,have sex and do all sorts of things that will harm them later on and also displease God !
So,what is wrong in bringing people together on ur birthday to worship,praise and pray to God ? Or have you heard people say daddy G.O forgive me of my sins ?Or Daddy G.O you are God or Lord or even the lord of Lords ? But i see and hear the G.O telling people never to attach any other thing to his name other than just to call him pastor !
Stop hating this man.He is not ur son or servant bet that of the Almighty God ! He Adeboye is only a man and not God !
God bless us

8 Likes

Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by lillyveezy: 11:27am On Feb 25, 2013
Good one @op.How I wish all professing/practicing christians will have a Holy Ghost inspired way to package the gospel for each individual we meet.
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by elampiro(m): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2013
This comment is blocked by the administrator.

Last to comment.
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by olumaxi(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
This post is hidden
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by MrMcJay(m): 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
This space is not for sale. It is subject to litigation in case no FHC/2012/021419.
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by Originalsly: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
Repackaging the gospel? It wasn't done good enough? Is it not that a Christian should spread the gospel as it is?..." to those that have ears let them hear"?...like a farmer casting his seeds some falling on rocky ground and some on fertile soil? What is this nonsense now about making the gospel attractive? This opens the door wide for deception and misinterpretation....as in the scripture quoted. Jesus asked the woman to fetch Him water to drink because it was a strategy to start a conversation. Really? A blatant lie.Why did the pastor not quote from the few verses before?...because they explained that Jesus was travelling thru the night and rested at that point because he was tired. The woman was the first to come by and he asked her to fetch him water since he was tired and had nothing to draw water from the deep well.This pastor has repackaged the incident and now asking you as well to do repackaging.Accepting the gospel was and never will be by force or trickery...if you read the Bible for yourself and stop believing every word that comes out of the mouths of men.

1 Like

Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
still fresh
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
@m.k.02005, I don't like him doesn't mean I hate him-get that straight! I only asked where you guys get that from. U guys idolize your pastor and forget about God! How many hours do u praise and pray on christmas day (The purported birthday of christ)? Dude, I aint ready to argue with u, u can package the message, tell 'em hell aint that bad or something like that-its ur business
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by shadrach77: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
the title of the thread is misleading - GO talking about packaging in evangelism not packaging per se cheesy angry angry angry angry
Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
Originalsly: Repackaging the gospel? It wasn't done good enough? Is it not that a Christian should spread the gospel as it is?..." to those that have ears let them hear"?...like a farmer casting his seeds some falling on rocky ground and some on fertile soil? What is this nonsense now about making the gospel attractive? This opens the door wide for deception and misinterpretation....as in the scripture quoted. Jesus asked the woman to fetch Him water to drink because it was a strategy to start a conversation. Really? A blatant lie.Why did the pastor not quote from the few verses before?...because they explained that Jesus was travelling thru the night and rested at that point because he was tired. The woman was the first to come by and he asked her to fetch him water since he was tired and had nothing to draw water from the deep well.This pastor has repackaged the incident and now asking you as well to do repackaging.Accepting the gospel was and never will be by force or trickery...if you read the Bible for yourself and stop believing every word that comes out of the mouths of men.
What did this pastor do wrong by teaching the people under him that when led by the holy spirit,you will know when to start up a conversation regarding the gospel and that events may precede the message !
He used Jesus according to the scripture to illustrate what he meant. Like you said that 'Jesus was tired,thirsty and had nothing with which HE could fetch from the well' !I disagree with you becos if u understand the powers with Jesus you will understand that it isn't about been tired,thirsty and had nothing with which to fetch water with from the well !Jesus could actually drink from the well without having to ask the woman for water.After all the Jews and the Samaritans had nothing in common(Seen as enemies)But Jesus wanted to use that opportunity to preach the WORD to her and get her saved !If not,She could hav bin told similar thing that was said to the Canaanite woman who was begging for crumbs that fell from the master's table ! Mathew 15:22 & 26-27 '' 22[b] A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribl[/b]y. 'He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”“Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
Another packaging for evangelism ! Did this one receive the message? Was her daughter healed ? All yes becos Jesus is lord of all !
So please stop criticizing the word of God ! I will understand if this pastor did not quote the scripture or if he outrightly mis interpreted the quote and if he is telling lies about christ.But from the quote by the OP,i can see the pastor telling the church members not to tell lies becos they want to win souls for God !
God bless us all

3 Likes

Re: What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
iv4fb: @m.k.02005, I don't like him doesn't mean I hate him-get that straight! I only asked where you guys get that from. U guys idolize your pastor and forget about God! How many hours do u praise and pray on christmas day (The purported birthday of christ)? Dude, I aint ready to argue with u, u can package the message, tell 'em hell aint that bad or something like that-its ur business
If u are not a christian,sorry that i replied ur post. But if you are,you will see also that the pastor never said they should worship him or praise him for 71hrs rather he said they should join him in praising and praying TO GOD for 71hrs on his birthday !
God help us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Kids Tortured By Prayer Houses & Thrown Into Streets Of Akwa Ibom Rescued(pics / What Makes The "Ember" Months So Dangerous? / What Is Your Favourite Gospel Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.