Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman (1908 Views)

Ribadu Hides As PDP Moves To Appoint Him Party Chairman / Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi / Breaking: Buhari Forms New Party In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 25, 2013
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/

IN a move apparently targeted against chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF), Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Sunday night announced the formation of a new forum made up solely of elected governors under the party.

Governor Godswill Akpabio emerged as the chairman at meeting in the Presidential Villa presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Amaechi, who has recently faced discontent over his leadership style in the NGF, attended the meeting but left before it ended for undisclosed reason.

The National Chairman of PDP, Dr. Bamanga Tukur, presented Akpabio to State House correspondents after the meeting, saying cheerfully that Akpabio had been elected the chairman of a brand new PDP Governor’s Forum.

Addressing the correspondents, the Akwa Ibom governor said the forum was a bloc inside the NGF and was borne out of the need for PDP governors to speak with one voice.

He said however that the new forum was distinct from the NGF.

With the formation of the PDP Governors’ Forum, the influence of the NGF and its chairman is expected to reduce as the PDP governors make up the majority of NGF’s member.

The forum is thought to have been split into two following dissatisfaction by a number of the governors over the leadership style of the chairman and Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

In fact, it was thought the problem had prompted an attempt by some of the governors to move against Amaechi during the last meeting of the forum but Amaechi, apparently aware of the move before hand, ensured that only most of his trusted allies in the NGF were invited for the meeting.

Sources said that even though he had offered to resign during the last meeting following loss of the confidence of some of the members, most of those present especially members of opposition political parties backed by Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State, kicked against the idea and he remained in the position.

They had argued that even if the leadership of the NGF was to be changed, the idea need not come from the presidency.

Sources told the Nigerian Tribune that Amaechi, who is strongly believed to be eyeing the vice presidential slot in 2015 under a joint tickect with Governor Lamido, has lost the confidence of President Jonathan over his premature political ambition
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by solid3(m): 6:37am On Feb 25, 2013
Okay naw, lets see if this wld improve power supply.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by donchris999: 6:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by donchris999: 6:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Lol.....
Where is james ibori today?
Hahahahaha
I can remember one of timaya's song that he said 'timipire sylva na him be the master'. Please can somebody tell me where timipire sylva is now.
Lmao.....
Amaechi,the first law of the 48 laws of power states 'never you try to outshine your master'.

Let me watch as events continue to unfold in these political tussle.

1 Like

Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by otokx(m): 6:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Amaechi my golden governor.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by saintneo(m): 7:04am On Feb 25, 2013
PGF, NGF, SNGF, & NNGF forum here, forum there...... Even Nairaland Forum(profitable one though)

STC!
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by donchris999: 7:07am On Feb 25, 2013
Hahahaha your golden governor?
2015 will make or mar your golden governor.
otokx: Amaechi my golden governor.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by GARRIx7(m): 7:12am On Feb 25, 2013
Interesting Power Play!!!

cheesy
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by confusion247(m): 7:20am On Feb 25, 2013
Another evidence to prove that uncle Jona is not clueless when it comes to dealing with his enemies.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by eggheaders(m): 7:30am On Feb 25, 2013
anything that causes confusion in the monster party pdp gladdens my heart. let the fighting continue mofos.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2013
Wow!! I like the way President Jonathan uses his powers incrementally and intelligently.

Recall the way he eased out former governor Timipre Sylva out of office and you'll see the difference compared with how such things was done by OBJ in the past

2 Likes

Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by takedat(m): 7:40am On Feb 25, 2013
...... Waiting to see who will emerge victorious in PDP's in-fighting! A political masterstroke from GEJ at least for now!
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by eggheaders(m): 7:47am On Feb 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Wow!! I like the way President Jonathan uses his powers incrementally and intelligently.

Recall the way he eased out former governor Timipre Sylva out of office and you'll see the difference compared with how such things was done by OBJ in the past

the way he ease out Silva shows he is so undemocratic and pretends to be a Democrat. let watch and see.I just believe amechi gonna take the ret.arded fella to the cleaners.2015 is around the corner liking the way the mofo is creating more enemies with each passing day.

1 Like

Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Tolexander: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2013
what is even the constitutional duty of the governors forum?
These people are just boring us with useless issues as if the state projects they are elected to oversee and actualize are done with.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by dridowu: 8:07am On Feb 25, 2013
Power @ wok
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by kulikuli26: 8:10am On Feb 25, 2013
This will only divide an ailing party,that talk about speaking with one voice is not realistic because we are talking about pdp governors already divided.Bamanga tukur and GEJ 2015 scheming will kill PDP.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Demdem(m): 8:19am On Feb 25, 2013
Interesting power play inside the killer party. If this should continue, it simply mean Rivers delegates votes for the retardeen which before now is sure is in jeopardy. Amaechi is in charge of that party in rivers.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Wow!! I like the way President Jonathan uses his powers incrementally and intelligently.

@Sincere 9gerian,

I think you have misread the tea leaves here cheesy

THISDAY gathered that the governors of Katsina State, Alhaji Ibrahim Shema, and his counterpart in Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, championed the plot to remove Amaechi. Had the plot succeeded, either of them would have succeeded him.....It is also believed that Akpabio is eyeing the vice-presidency, in the event Jonathan chooses not to contest in 2015
Source

It is clear to the discerning pundit that Akpabio has vested interests of his own, which merely intersect with Uncle Jon's chicanery in this instance

If in doubt, check out the following articles which show that, in addition to helping craft the "endorsement communique" now threatening to tear the PDP apart, he is also favourably disposed to "zoning".

LEADERSHIP gathered the endorsement communique was drafted by three state governors: Dr. Babangida Aliyu (Niger), Chief Goodswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom) and Alhaji Ibrahim Shema (Katsina).
Source: Leadership, 21st December 2010

Governor Godswill Akpabio has said he is not opposed to the zoning system of governorship position in 2015 among the three senatorial districts in Akwa Ibom State, as being insinuated by some people.
Source
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by petsam11(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2013
@ topic's last paragraph: "premature political ambition" LOL!!! Reporters get am 4 bad mouth... LWNKMH!!!
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Ibangap(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2013
Now how many governor's forums are we goin to hav?. Northern gov's forums, pdp gov's forum. Southern gov's forum. Hmm, soon we'll hav Rich gov's forum, fat gov's forum, nd even sick gov's forum. Mtcheeew.

1 Like

Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 25, 2013
Is this connected to the campaign posters of Sule Lamido and Rotimi Amaechi?
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by fkaz(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2013
That is President Ebele transforming PDP.

Watching in 3D cool now in episode 5 of the series film.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Abagworo(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2013
Why are these people jealous of Amaechi and Rochas popularity? I pray Amaechi join the progressives and help move Nigeria forward.

1 Like

Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Maxymilliano(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2013
Plz forgive my ignorance. What are the perks of office for Chairman of Govs Forum ...These reptiles can't be fightin over d slot for nothin nah...
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by gregg2: 10:02am On Feb 25, 2013
The bigining of the end of the powerful influence of
the Nigeria's Gov Forum is in sight.

1 Like

Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by slimghost(m): 10:10am On Feb 25, 2013
Abagworo: Why are these people jealous of Amaechi and Rochas popularity? I pray Amaechi join the progressives and help move Nigeria forward.

Which progressives? Dude, you still dont get it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy progressives my black ass
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by lacasa: 10:11am On Feb 25, 2013
Who cares!!!
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Faun(m): 10:26am On Feb 25, 2013
eggheaders: anything that causes confusion in the monster party pdp gladdens my heart. let the fighting continue mofos.

grin grin grin Good to see you're now avoiding that Minister of Aviation thread.
Those guys really brutalize you no be small.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Pk001(m): 10:33am On Feb 25, 2013
This is the Real Governors Forum that have a say in the Party affairs, not that one headed by Ameachi.

Ameachi was using NGF to interfere with Party affairs and even went too far threatening to remove the party chairman.

I like the Power play here, GEJ is smart in putting Akpabio that is loyal to both him and the National Chairman.

Any decision taken by the party will be backed up by the PDP governor's forum.

Ameachi can only fight back by using NGF to challenge national policies, but might not workout cos the National Assembly has the final say.

Ameachi was becoming too vocal and annoying like his predecessor Bukola, wanting to frustrate the presidency. It serves him right.

I s

2 Likes

Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 25, 2013
Faun:

grin grin grin Good to see you're now avoiding that Minister of Aviation thread.
Those guys really brutalize you no be small.

Bros thanks. Una maul am well well. Carry go.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by gregg2: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2013
Amechi will be left with no option than to defect.
Re: PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman by gregg2: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2013
Pk001: This is the Real Governors Forum that have a say in the Party affairs, not that one headed by Ameachi.

Ameachi was using NGF to interfere with Party affairs and even went too far threatening to remove the party chairman.

I like the Power play here, GEJ is smart in putting Akpabio that is loyal to both him and the National Chairman.

Any decision taken by the party will be backed up by the PDP governor's forum.

Ameachi can only fight back by using NGF to challenge national policies, but might not workout cos the National Assembly has the final say.

Ameachi was becoming too vocal and annoying like his predecessor Bukola, wanting to frustrate the presidency. It serves him right.

I s

As I said, the bigining of the end of the powerful influence of
the Nigeria's Gov Forum is in sight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pres. Jonathan Pleads With Govt. And People Of Yobe On Killing Of Students / "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan / The Man - Akinwunmi Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.