Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? (557 Views)

Thank You For Making Nairaland Forum Great (My Message To 1 Million Members) / G4 Activitists And The Moderators: What's The Fuss About? / Moderators, What Is The Aim Behind This Pls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? by ashmanpolo: 7:38am On Feb 25, 2013
This question has been harbouring in my mind for so long and it's here (the romance section) because i lose almost all of my MBs here. In other words this is my favourite section.
The question stems from the fact that i keep seeing absurd topics on the frontpage everytime.
Some weeks back it was Tonto Dike; Davido; Mohits.
Last two weeks it was Kim Kardashian... Anything u post on Kim will make frontpage.
Last week it was Oscar Pris wetin wetin.
Infact many front pages like " Picture Of A Chicken's Feet With Nail-polish & Ring" "Picture of Man U players and family" etc.
So please the question goes to the moderators and anybody that knows the criterion.

Thanks
Re: Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 25, 2013
Any topic that would interest the general public. . .

You are not asked to like what is on FP.

There are over one million topics on Nairaland. If you don't like the ones on frontpage, kindly move to another one that interests you from the over one million.

If you take out time to make a quick research, you'll realize that the topics you complain about, like the tonto topics, are the ones that draw people more. They are the ones with the highest views.
Re: Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? by KINGwax(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
Erm... If u won't ban me: I think the OP only wants to knw who is more xxxx. The mods or the front page? Cos the front page is soooo brainless most times.
Only God knws who moves them there.
Then point of correction: av seen more 'front pagiac' topics end at few views and less pages so, I dnt think it's more views dt is the criterion o
Re: Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? by wonlasewonimi: 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
Just create a thread that Tonto Dike's mother wore Loubotins to grave.
Re: Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? by Emylexray(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
OP, nice question. Most topics on front page aren't front page materials, topics like the one the OP enumerated. Imagine a topic like "picture of Jim hyke eating corn" making front page. Now tell me, what moral lesson is to be gained from such topic?
Re: Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? by ashmanpolo: 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
Emylexray: OP, nice question. Most topics on front page aren't front page materials, topics like the one the OP enumerated. Imagine a topic like "picture of Jim hyke eating corn" making front page. Now tell me, what moral lesson is to be gained from such topic?

Yes o. You have just formed a single frame of reference with me

(1) (Reply)

Tanker Crushes A Wholefamily On A Bike To Death Inekpoma, Edo State / Google Unveils Talking Shoes (PHOTOS, VIDEO) / Female Stage Topless Protests To Mark International Topless Jihad Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.