Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Why I Beleive God Is Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Beleive God Is Real (1617 Views)

Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? / Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 8:29am On Feb 25, 2013
I posted this write up in a thread that advices atheists and it was hidden. So, i decided to create a new thread for it. (hope it wont be deleted). Feel free to share why u r convinced that God is real or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, u don't have to deny the reality of God because of the imperfection of religion. The concept God transcends religion. Religion can never be the yardstick to measure God. God has been relating with mankind before the advent of religion. Before Judaism, Christianity, Islam etc. Though I'm a Christian, I do not base my belief on the existence of God on christian doctrines. My conviction on the existence of an Almighty Creator is based on what I see.. The order which i see in creation. From the protons, neutrons and electrons, to the atoms and elements that combine to form different compounds. The compounds that combine in vast sequence of arrays to form the RNA and DNA, which in turn combine to form a complete organism. Don't tell me all these things happen by chance without the mastermind of a being who is able to control and maintain balance in the processes. And this being has stipulated rules and regulations that will maintain His creation. To deny His existence does not seem logical.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2013
He denies his Existence by being silent..

Wake him up, I want to talk with Him.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 8:39am On Feb 25, 2013
musKeeto: He denies his Existence by being silent..

Thank you for your comment. But think about it. If i decide for any reason to remain silent for the rest of my life, does that deny my existence?
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 25, 2013
musKeeto: He denies his Existence by being silent..

Good morning boss,

Careful what you wish for! You just might get an audience some day.

#sincerity!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

Thank you for your comment. But think about it. If i decide for any reason to remain silent for the rest of my life, does that deny my existence?
What could confirm your existence?
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning boss,

Careful what you wish for! You just might get an audience some day.

#sincerity!!!
Not bad, dont you think?

You've never had an audience with your maker?

Morning

1 Like

Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2013
musKeeto:
What could confirm your existence?

I havent heard a word from HIV and other microbes, havent even seen one of them. Yet I know they exist from the effect of their activities.

1 Like

Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

I havent heard a word from HIV and other microbes, havent even seen one of them. Yet I know they exist from the effect of their activities.
Indeed.

I see the moons, stars, whatever and I see different gods claiming they created them..

Which should I believe?
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 25, 2013
musKeeto:
Not bad, dont you think?

You've never had an audience with your maker?

Morning

Having an audience wth him is a great experience.

Ofcourse I have! What reason do I have in being a Christian if I hadn't?

The truth is, I would have joined Einstein in practicing Deism if I hadn't gotten the experience.

I would have still believed in God but wouldn't have subjected myself to some revelations or authorities as a way of having knowledge of him.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 9:01am On Feb 25, 2013
musKeeto:
Indeed.

I see the moons, stars, whatever and I see different gods claiming they created them..

Which should I believe?

Did you see different gods or different religions claiming different gods?
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by manmustwac(m): 9:09am On Feb 25, 2013
As far as am concerned the fact that politicians loot as if there's no tomorrow, roadside bribery is rampant & extra juducial killings & our religious leaders are only concerned about their private jets & personal wealth instead of the poor masses who look up to them is more than enough proof that God don't exist.

Why isn't Nigeria better off than non religious countries like Denmark Norway Sweden plus many other european countries?

1 Like

Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

Did you see different gods or different religions claiming different gods?
Please, this is getting interesting... Let's not being with the word definitions. You're smart enough to get the point I was passing across.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 9:18am On Feb 25, 2013
manmustwac: As far as am concerned the fact that politicians loot as if there's no tomorrow, roadside bribery is rampant & extra juducial killings & our religious leaders are only concerned about their private jets & personal wealth instead of the poor masses who look up to them is more than enough proof that God don't exist.

Why isn't Nigeria better off than non religious countries like Denmark Norway Sweden plus many other european countries?

That implies that if religion fail, God has failed. Of course, different religious organizations and their leaders claim to be the the custodians of God. But the fact is, with or without religion, God will still be God.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by manmustwac(m): 9:49am On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

That implies that if religion fail, God has failed. Of course, different religious organizations and their leaders claim to be the the custodians of God. But the fact is, with or without religion, God will still be God.
The point am making is if God is real then why do all our politicians police & church leaders show no respect for God? Why do they behave as if he dosen't exist? Maybe its because he don't exist. They all respect fire more than they respect God coz if you play with fire you'll get burnt. Play with God nothing happens. If anything dose happens then it must be your imagination.

1 Like

Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by ooman4: 11:16am On Feb 25, 2013
I know how and why we have the order of nature. what we have is no order at all but repetitive patterns in randomness.

do not forget that there are mistakes in nature that causes diseases and death, this shows that there is no intelligence control in nature and the presence of rays and quakes that kill us shows that there is no intelligent origin.

a full understanding of evolution will free you from childhood stuperstitions. do not feel bad anyway, even those with PHDs still have imaginary friend.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Areaboy2(m): 11:55am On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

well, you never said anything about being invincible, so if you were mute, at least I would see you

valiacademy:

[quote author=valiacademy]

your analogy is as poor as you choose to reason. Yea, you haven't seen any microbe, why is that? cos you choose not to. get to a lab and discuss with a few people on how they can arrange for you to look down a microscope and see microbes for yourself.

Besides that, their effect can be felt, measured and observed. Your god cannot accomplish all three qualities and is most likely made up undecided
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
ooman4: I know how and why we have the order of nature. what we have is no order at all but repetitive patterns in randomness.

Very interesting. Can there be a pattern without intelligence?

ooman4: do not forget that there are mistakes in nature that causes diseases and death, this shows that there is no intelligence control in nature and the presence of rays and quakes that kill us shows that there is no intelligent origin.

Are diseases and deaths a product of mistakes rather than punishment for disobedience?

ooman4: do not feel bad anyway, even those with PHDs still have imaginary friend.

Nothing to feel bad at all. I appreciate every comment
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Alfamann: 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

Are diseases and deaths a product of mistakes rather than punishment for disobedience?

Did god give you the intelligence and brains to think the bolded?
almighty jehovah that giveth christians high intelligence, please spare me your blessings. I want to continue wallowing in my foolishness if your intelligence will make me utter such divine things as the bolded.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
Area_boy:
your analogy is as poor as you choose to reason. Yea, you haven't seen any microbe, why is that? cos you choose not to. get to a lab and discuss with a few people on how they can arrange for you to look down a microscope and see microbes for yourself.

Besides that, their effect can be felt, measured and observed. Your god cannot accomplish all three qualities and is most likely made up undecided

A very good point. In the same manner, when we go to the laboratory of history and discuss with a few people, they can relate to us their undeniable encounter with the supreme being called God.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by ooman4: 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

1. yes, there is actually patterns without intelligence. the law of definite proportion, multiple proportion, nuclear reaction and other chemical laws proves this. not just about nature's origin, patterns and repititions are every day things in spontaneous reactions, this does not suggest intelligent origin of matter.

2. to say that mutation in unborn children is god's punishment suggest your god is more cruel than the devil. what sin could unborn children commit to make them worthy of trisomy21 for instance.
mutations are spontaneous mistakes of nature. man have made DNA that is infallible, seeing that DNA at first sight suggest intelligence, but never the DNA seen in nature, first examination suggest lack of intelligence and random origin.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
Alfamann:

almighty jehovah that giveth christians high intelligence, please spare me your blessings. I want to continue wallowing in my foolishness if your intelligence will make me utter such divine things as the bolded.

grin grin
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 12:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

Alfamann:

If the human system of justice prescribes death as a punishment for disobeying the law, you mean its out of place for an almighty God to do the same?
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by wiegraf: 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

There must be patterns with or without. Do you know how big this universe is? Look up fractals and the game of life, see how simple rules can lead to complexity, etc.

The only thing you have in your op is stuff exists, therefore god. Who created god then? The ultimate complexity need not be created yet simple energy needs to be created? See how silly that sounds?

So, again, stuff exists, that is the only thing anyone knows. The rest is just conjecture, god theories being of the poorer variety. They're an explanation invoked when one doesn't know or is afraid, vain, lazy, gullible or whatever. Through history, 'god did it' has ALWAYS failed, else there wouldn't be atheists, no? There's absolutely no reason to assume it's going to succeed at any time.

You can have your faith if you wish, your prerogative, but to try to dress it up as logical is silly. It is, after all, 'faith', the blind sort.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
Faith, soul: experts in these areas can't come up with a definition they all agree upon. Talk about madness..
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
ooman4:

1. yes, there is actually patterns without intelligence. the law of definite proportion, multiple proportion, nuclear reaction and other chemical laws proves this. not just about nature's origin, patterns and repititions are every day things in spontaneous reactions, this does not suggest intelligent origin of matter.

You don't make laws without the power to enforce them. You want me to agree with you that these laws came into being in nature and became enforced on their own without anybody behind it?
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
wiegraf:
Through history, 'god did it' has ALWAYS failed, else there wouldn't be atheists, no? There's absolutely no reason to assume it's going to succeed at any time.
I doubt if we can examine the life of the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar (634 – 562 BC) without finding his encounter with God.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by wiegraf: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:
I doubt if we can examine the life of the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar (634 – 562 BC) without finding his encounter with God.

Brah, you've not thought this out. Drop it. Kudos
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by ooman4: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

You don't make laws without the power to enforce them. You want me to agree with you that these laws came into being in nature and became enforced on their own without anybody behind it?

ok, now you are annoying me with your ignorance. on whom are you "enforcing" any law? do you enforce anything on something without consciousness? 2H2 will always combine with O2 to make 2H2O, you do not force the reactions, its how they will always occur.
natural laws are not like human laws, they were not laid. they are the way matter is behaving not the way matter must always behave. laws do change in different conditions.

natural laws are not constants so they do not have an giver or enforcer. this laws evolved matter evolved from energy. No Gods involved.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by valiacademy: 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
ooman4:

ok, now you are annoying me with your ignorance. on whom are you "enforcing" any law? do you enforce anything on something without consciousness? 2H2 will always combine with O2 to make 2H2O, you do not force the reactions, its how they will always occur.
natural laws are not like human laws, they were not laid. they are the way matter is behaving not the way matter must always behave. laws do change in different conditions.

natural laws are not constants so they do not have an giver or enforcer. this laws evolved matter evolved from energy. No Gods involved.

Sorry if I annoy you, but when i talk about force i mean the intermolecular forces. Now mentioned energy..... Let me rest my case here since i do not want to annoy anyone. Thank you all for your comments.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by ooman4: 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

Sorry if I annoy you, but when i talk about force i mean the intermolecular forces. Now mentioned energy..... Let me rest my case here since i do not want to annoy anyone. Thank you all for your comments.

or rest your cases because you are sounding ignorant. how can you "enforce" intermolecular "forces" on unconscious matter?. does stones and water now rebel? what is the use of an enforcer to unconscious matter?
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by wiegraf: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

Hmm, just a few notes. At the risk of coming off as arrogant, I think you've not thought it out properly, and that's normal considering indoctrination. Don't get me wrong, you could get through the programming and still choose to be xtian, but people who've done that usually don't make such basic gaffes. Like you bringing up a bible narrative, or whatever that is, as 'evidence'. It's so wrong on many levels I don't even know where to begin. Ultimately though, supposing it were even historically accurate, you're still presenting an anecdote as 'evidence'? Other basic mistakes like this above, so I'd recommend you do some more thinking before engaging atheists, if you must engage us ie.
Re: Why I Beleive God Is Real by Areaboy2(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
valiacademy:

A very good point. In the same manner, when we go to the laboratory of history and discuss with a few people, they can relate to us their undeniable encounter with the supreme being called God.

Lets look at the difference here shall we?

case 1: You look through a microscope and see with your eyes the microbes in question

case 2: you discuss with people on their undeniable encounter..

notice any difference with both cases?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Challenge To Muslims All Over The World / Admission Into The School Of Evangelism Is Open Now / BREAKING: Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.