Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? (16751 Views)

Batch A 2015 Corpers Where Is Your PPA / Help!he Impregnanted An SS1 Student At His PPA. / Batch A 2013 Corpers Where Is Your PPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 9:43am On Feb 25, 2013
Good day peeps,i'm presently confused and dont even know what to do about my PPA. I was posted to a private school last month [due to redeployment] in Ibadan. On resuming,i was told to teach Basic Science for JSS 1-3,which i am carrying out effectively. But last two weeks,the propietor sacked a teacher taking agricultural science and geography.
Only for me to be given agric to tach frm jss 1 to ss 3,which i immediately rejected. This led to a face-off with the man. He insulted me in front of the students,calling me names and also insulting my father. I responded immediately not to even include my father in this.
One week later,he called me saying he has assigned agric for ss to me,which i rejected. Last monday,he went into our quarters and seized my hot plate [cos he gave us accomodation] which up to date he hasnt stated why he seized it.
I reportes him to the LGI,only for me to be shocked with LGI's response. He supported him and told me to just teach the students rubbish. I accepted in good faith anyways.
Now, this morning,we wanted to collect clearance cos we are to sign PV starting from today. But he refused to give us saying its a lie.
Also told we corpers staying in the lodge to pack out cos he's no longer giving us accomodation. Am so confused right now. The LGI has been bribed by this man,so angry at the moment.
Please what measures can be taken
This is a man who has just 6 teachers and 6 corpers for a whole secondary school. He is bent on dealing with me simply because i refused to take agric

#UPDATE Am jus been told not to be given bed again. Cos the bed have been using is from the creche.Will i sleep on the floor Am so loosing it right now
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 25, 2013
Good to know you have reported to the LI as I advised in our earlier conversation,but it seems the LI has compromised, the next step to take is to report to the Zonal inspector.
Let me try to lobby this topic to the frontpage, there may be better suggestions
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by outrage: 10:18am On Feb 25, 2013
You na my favorite mod for NL. No contest.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 10:31am On Feb 25, 2013
The ZI is also aware of all this and rather saying we should jus cool down. This same man was collecting N2000 from us as house rent and doesnt want us to go out or have visitors. I'm fed up
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by luvola(m): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
am a batch b corp memeber too.. I was posted to a mushroom sch at tiper garage a bit closer to lambe junction akute ogun state.. The proprietress mushroom pry sch with a population of just 12students around sept last year created a sec sch ( jss 1 only with a population of just two students ). We ( four corpers) started to teach just 2students because i accepted this ppa out of fustration after searching for ppa for morethan one week.. The deluded jss 1 sec.sch she created two months after later collapse because the parent of the two students couldnt pay the sch fee.. This woman is still owing us our nov salary because we work for it.we were not given accomodation at all.. To be continue ( ogun state is the worst place to serve

2 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by timpaker(m): 11:50am On Feb 26, 2013
BRB...
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Skywalker5(m): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2013
Try recording conversations you have with the proprietor and if possible your LGI. They can mess you up as there are higher authority at the moment over you. I am saying just in case they want to mess you up, you can have prove as i am sure they will deny all this if shit hits the fan

3 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by tony1980: 11:56am On Feb 26, 2013
Just be patient,my dear.It gonna be alright.It once happened to me while serving in Lagos State.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by hawtpeck: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2013
and it wld be alright i promise
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by kramer: 11:59am On Feb 26, 2013
Is there a way you can secretly record all that's happening? If yes then you should do so and threaten to send the footage to the media if he doesn't buckle up.
[size=3pt]
Or you could blackmail him so you can hammer big tym!!! Jus don't forget mi sha[/size]

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by yuzedo: 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
luvola: am a batch b corp memeber too.. I was posted to a mushroom sch at tiper garage a bit closer to lambe junction akute ogun state.. The proprietress mushroom pry sch with a population of just 12students around sept last year created a sec sch ( jss 1 only with a population of just two students ). We ( four corpers) started to teach just 2students because i accepted this ppa out of fustration after searching for ppa for morethan one week.. The deluded jss 1 sec.sch she created two months after later collapse because the parent of the two students couldnt pay the sch fee.. This woman is still owing us our nov salary because we work for it.we were not given accomodation at all.. To be continue ( ogun state is the worst place to serve
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hawtpeck: marry me
hawtpeck: and it wld be alright i promise
Christ! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

DJDOLA: 4 STUDENT IN A SCHOOL...WHO IS CLASS CAPTAIN PREFECT ASSEMBLY KEEPER
F*CK NL! I'm out!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by DJDOLA(m): 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
4 STUDENT IN A SCHOOL...WHO IS CLASS CAPTAIN PREFECT ASSEMBLY KEEPER
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Niiade(m): 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sorry about the whole issue but you have to be patient. I would advise you write a letter to the Z.I and ensure you are not outstanding in your service and teaching in the school. ensure you have a copy of the letter with you and signed to be received by the R.I.
Once accepted in a place of Primary assignment accommodation is the employers problem. you have your guide with you go thru it too cus things change, ensure the R.I submits your letter and tell the principal since you dont have a place to stay you will fall short in your primary duties.

get your Z.I number after a week of submitting your letter and no response call him or pay him a visit. try and resolve amicably its just one year. good luck
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by hawtpeck: 12:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
how can he record it stupid olodo do u want he sacked honey dont listen 2 them ok
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by duality(m): 12:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
in this era of no vacancy, i still wonder how corps members get PPA.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by denitro(m): 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Next time learn to be diplomatic..
You stand a lot to lose:
The man has given you accommodation so he has leverage.
Take the offer, prove your worth then when the chips are high,
your those chips to bargain.
You can't win this one...
I know

3 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Geomac: 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
I served in Enugu State(2005). I taught Integrated Science JS 1 - 3, Biology SS 1 - 3, Chemistry SS 1 - 3, when there was no teacher to take physics i took it up too SS 1 - 3.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by bigx(m): 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
Reasons I never bothered to serve. Rubbish corrupt scheme.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Geomac: 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
denitro: Next time learn to be diplomatic..
You stand a lot to lose:
The man has given you accommodation so he has leverage.
Take the offer, prove your worth then when the chips are high,
your those chips to bargain.
You can't win this one...
I know

+1
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by colombiana: 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
My friend stop naggin, I served at abia I tot computer, commerce, and government hope u get wat am tryin to say dat is I neva got a free period and he didn't gv us accomondation and he owes me 3 months. I didn't ever complain or giv him any reason to insult my dad or me cuz my stay there was temporary. So my advice so u don't get distabilized and frustrated learn the word endurance. And u should knw in less than a year it wud be sumtin u wud smile at. My friend. IMPROVISE ADAPT before u can OVERCOME. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by kkkp: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
Batch wot r u? B or C??
olu4life: Good day peeps,i'm presently confused and dont even know what to do about my PPA. I was posted to a private school last month [due to redeployment] in Ibadan. On resuming,i was told to teach Basic Science for JSS 1-3,which i am carrying out effectively. But last two weeks,the propietor sacked a teacher taking agricultural science and geography.
Only for me to be given agric to tach frm jss 1 to ss 3,which i immediately rejected. This led to a face-off with the man. He insulted me in front of the students,calling me names and also insulting my father. I responded immediately not to even include my father in this.
One week later,he called me saying he has assigned agric for ss to me,which i rejected. Last monday,he went into our quarters and seized my hot plate [cos he gave us accomodation] which up to date he hasnt stated why he seized it.
I reportes him to the LGI,only for me to be shocked with LGI's response. He supported him and told me to just teach the students rubbish. I accepted in good faith anyways.
Now, this morning,we wanted to collect clearance cos we are to sign PV starting from today. But he refused to give us saying its a lie.
Also told we corpers staying in the lodge to pack out cos he's no longer giving us accomodation. Am so confused right now. The LGI has been bribed by this man,so angry at the moment.
This is a man who has just 6 teachers and 6 corpers for a whole secondary school. He is bent on dealing with me simply because i refused to take agric

#UPDATE Am jus been told not to be given bed again. Cos the bed have been using is from the creche.Will i sleep on the floor Am so loosing it right now
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by kramer: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
hawtpeck: how can he record it stupid olodo do u want he sacked honey dont listen 2 them ok

Look at this overpriced bag of garri... Your mates are getting married and bornin pikin and you're here on NL asking some1 u dono to marry you and calling me monkey? jo park well jare make I see road
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
imagine telling a corper to teach rubbish to his students? lord have mercy on our educational system.

5 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by trix1: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
olu4life: Good day peeps,i'm presently confused and dont even know what to do about my PPA. I was posted to a private school last month [due to redeployment] in Ibadan. On resuming,i was told to teach Basic Science for JSS 1-3,which i am carrying out effectively. But last two weeks,the propietor sacked a teacher taking agricultural science and geography.
Only for me to be given agric to tach frm jss 1 to ss 3,which[b] i[/b] immediately rejected. This led to a face-off with the man. He insulted me in front of the students,calling me names and also insulting my father. I responded immediately not to even include my father in this.

#UPDATE Am jus been told not to be given bed again. Cos the bed have been using is from the creche.Will[b] i[/b] sleep on the floor Am so loosing it right now

There are too many things wrong with this post.

How can a school that has Js1 to SS3 have ONLY 6 teachers? How are these students supposed to write and pass WAEC?
What right does the proprietor have to enter your room and take your property? (even if he gave you the accommodation?)
you were sleeping on a bed from the creche? why?

I think you should ask to be redeployed somewhere else for the following reasons
there is already bad blood between you and the proprietor.
You certainly are not adding any value to yourself or the country by your stay in that private organisation
your Ejection from the corpers lodge is a clear indication that this man doesn't want you again, and would go any length to frustrate you. .
Your spellings and sentence composition leaves a lot to be desired, I do not think that you should be teaching students.

5 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Temismith(f): 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
Service is for one year and not forever. So endure.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by nurus: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
I will advise that you endure.Your days are numbered there just do your bit nt for yhe schl owmner atleast for the future of those kids and your conscience.I experienced same too while serving and all is history now.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by galadee(m): 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
your proprietor's behaviour is normal especially if you are not from the same tribe
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Morgan1092(m): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
I feel ur pains n i think u've done d best u could by reporting 2ur Z.I. But i suggest u also report d mata 2 d Assistant Z.I. mayb s/he cud help u talk 2 d Z.I. n d Proprietor.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by tellwsdom: 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
NO mind those PPAs, they are always wicked sad sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja Fct 2016 Batch A, Let's Meet Here / Nairalander Bags Ondo NYSC State Honours Award / Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.