Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

....,.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ....,.. (8135 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope / Is It Wise To Marry A Female Lawyer? (2) (3) (4)

....,.. by Laird(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2013
Re: ....,.. by stpat1(m): 11:16am On Feb 25, 2013
I know them like the palm of my hands. They are kinda stubborn, they hardly let stuffs go especially with outsiders, they revolt at every instance other oppression or gender inequality they sense, they like being over protective (as if the guy is not bold enough or too weak) to do that, they act like feminists. I'm dating one, my brother is one, my dad is one so I relate with their females colleagues a lot. So I know them. They just love to argue even the guys too. No apology to my chick bro or dad.
Re: ....,.. by greedie1(f): 11:31am On Feb 25, 2013
Op,advice you on wat exactly? how to conduct ur affairs or how to determine if she is gf material or how to win an argument or how to stop her from arguing so much?

take a deep breath, calm down and come again grin grin
Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 25, 2013
First thing is dt you must be SURE that she LOVES and RESPECTS you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. If not, you're on a long tin. Then, her love and respect for you, coupled with her MATURITY would make her to be able to separate her career/training from her personal relationship. They're trained to be proud but i've met the humble ones and they can be reaaaallllllyyyyyyyyyy swwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeettttttttt. Although, the sweetness ends with their friends sha oo. You should not be the type that loves to argue cos dt mite ruin ur relationship. Once you guyz start arguing, just find a way to back out by telling her even if you don't agree with her, you don;t wanna argue with her.

Bottom line, it depends on the individiual's MATURITY, her LOVE AND RESPECT for you.

i nd my dad are still arguing on "doctors are better than lawyers" till today. Nd don't ask how long the debate has been going on cos it's been years grin grin grin
Re: ....,.. by Lovetinz(m): 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
You know those encyclopeadiac law books found in law offices?
Buy yourself a bookshelf and fill it with with all the "Marriage act of bla.. bla.." books.

Then paste a little note at the top of the shelf:
"Hubby is always right. Case Closed"

Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
alutacontinua: First thing is dt you must be SURE that she LOVES and RESPECTS you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. If not, you're on a long tin. Then, her love and respect for you, coupled with her MATURITY would make her to be able to separate her career/training from her personal relationship.

Bottom line, it depends on the individiual's MATURITY, her LOVE AND RESPECT for you.

D

The truth right here. Let me highlight the respect part please. How does respect come about? She has to be able to look up to you, trust you, be proud of you, you have to be better than her or at least equal in major aspects like brain power, wit, making sound decisions, being assertive, not indecisive, able to take the initiative, take charge of a situation in a sensible way e.t.c. If she is better than you in many ways, get ready for a rocky ride because the respect piece will not be there.
Re: ....,.. by olekubaby: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Your ability to draw a line on your proffesional life and relationship is the way out of the arquments. Why arque went you are not in court?.
Re: ....,.. by Mynd44: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
Oh great. Another thread based on bias against a griup of people.

@OP, the bottomline is that she is first of all a human being then a woman and then a lawyer. No matter what training or education she has had, she will be a woman before she is a lawyer so treat her the way you treat a woman and see the response. If she acts unbecomingly, it is because she is a problem and it has nothing to do with her profession

Re: ....,.. by pleep(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
lol!
Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
Mynd_44: Oh great. Another thread based on bias against a griup of people.

@OP, the bottomline is that she is first of all a human being then a woman and then a lawyer. No matter what training or education she has had, she will be a woman before she is a lawyer so treat her the way you treat a woman and see the response. If she acts unbecomingly, it is because she is a problem and it has nothing to do with her profession

This is not about being bias. Trust me, they train dose pple to be proud nd c demselves as better than odas. It takes maturity on d part of d individual to pick d part of d training dt dey need and dump the rest. So, yes, u mite need to think twice before dating a lawyer!
Re: ....,.. by Mynd44: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
alutacontinua:

This is not about being bias. Trust me, they train dose pple to be proud nd c demselves as better than odas. It takes maturity on d part of d individual to pick d part of d training dt dey need and dump the rest. So, yes, u mite need to think twice before dating a lawyer!
They train to think that? Every profession does that for goodness sakes.

Engineering tell the students that engineers are the reason the world is improving and they are the most intelligent people on the planet.

The military tell their recruits that they stand above civilians and civilians are weak defenseless maggots. Does that mean all engineers are bad spouse? Is everybody in the military a bad husband or wife?

Abeg argue well jorh

Re: ....,.. by Serendipity: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
That female lawyers or lawyers generally argue a lot is moot and relative.
I know many of them that can make stellar and enviable wives. But it appears that the majority of them that i said can make good wives seem to have a tthing in common---- they fear God, an attribute that seems indispesable and has helped to tame them in such a away that they can strike a balance between being a persons's wife and at being a lawyer equally.
Re: ....,.. by djeezy(m): 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
Female lawyers? I can't even date/marry them. Imagine two vibrant lawyers in one roof. I'm just gonna open a boutique for her.
Re: ....,.. by Agbgift(f): 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
alutacontinua:

U are very very wrong my dear. I didn't do a course in d university or law school dat train u on hw to be proud, so hw ever gave u dat idea is wrong...I dnt see wat relationship has to do wift profession. Its has to do wift individual personality and character. Its jst like saying doctors are spoilt and as such dnt marry a doctor. Or engineers are cultist or evil, so dnt marry an engineer. Then tell me, who u wan come marry?...@op dnt look @ her profession, look @ her personality and use dat to decide if u want her or nt. God will lead u well
Re: ....,.. by Mynd44: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
^^
True
Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
My brother, a girl is a girl is a girl. Army woman, lawyer woman, policewoman, red cross woman - all na woman.

The number one rule for arguing with women: Do NOT argue with them.

Once you're really really masculine. A woman will take on the role of the 'sweet little girl' that she is on the inside.

Once you're a weak tampon, most women will eat you alive.

Just be a man and she will be a woman.

Re: ....,.. by chikeorji123(m): 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
Agbgift:

U are very very wrong my dear. I didn't do a course in d university or law school dat train u on hw to be proud, so hw ever gave u dat idea is wrong...I dnt see wat relationship has to do wift profession. Its has to do wift individual personality and character. Its jst like saying doctors are spoilt and as such dnt marry a doctor. Or engineers are cultist or evil, so dnt marry an engineer. Then tell me, who u wan come marry?...@op dnt look @ her profession, look @ her personality and use dat to decide if u want her or nt. God will lead u well

Supported!..
Re: ....,.. by abohrandy: 1:10am On Feb 26, 2013
[size=20pt]one question: How did you find urself in that position? abi wuna don dey date since her primary school days?[/size] undecided undecided undecided
Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 26, 2013
We shall see.
Re: ....,.. by smakati(m): 6:37am On Feb 26, 2013
Kini big deal !!!, as long as u re sure of urself as a man even d most stubborn female lawyer will fall in line....u jst believe in urself and take d lead.

Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2013

Re: ....,.. by pleep(m): 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
Richfella: My brother, a girl is a girl is a girl. Army woman, lawyer woman, policewoman, red cross woman - all na woman.

The number one rule for arguing with women: Do NOT argue with them.

Once you're really really masculine. A woman will take on the role of the 'sweet little girl' that she is on the inside.

Once you're a weak tampon, most women will eat you alive.

Just be a man and she will be a woman.
+1
Re: ....,.. by Mynd44: 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sanb, God bless you
Re: ....,.. by 190theclown: 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
merr. . .

its not an easy task, ive told her she shouldnt make me grow grey hair from her un-necessary arguments angry angry
Re: ....,.. by Laird(m): 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
THANKS EVERYBODY.....I NEED MORE ADVICE
Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 11, 2013
Thanks and you too.....
Mynd_44: Sanb, God bless you
Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 11, 2013
Why not make a request for it to go to front page from one of the MODS. Then, you might get more comments/replies....
Laird: THANKS EVERYBODY.....I NEED MORE ADVICE
Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 11, 2013
sanb: It’s called generalising when you say she argues cos she's a female lawyer and conclude that it’s rampant with females in her profession. You’ll also be totally wrong if you say most female lawyers argue a lot with their spouse. The profession of a lady shouldn’t be the measuring stick if she’ll be a good wife or not. It’s her character and personality that should speak for her. You can’t just assume that all female lawyers are the same, as that would be generalising which won’t be right like I stated earlier on.

I might be wrong, but I think that your GF just wants to get herself in an argument with you plain and simple. If you want peace, I’ll advise you to stay clear of getting into arguments with her. There are female lawyers that I know who are respectful wives and their husbands adore them due to the superb qualities they possess i.e. they are not domineering, insubordinate or argumentative...the same also applies to women in other high profile professions as well. All you need to do is search for the ones that possess the qualities you require in a wife.

If you know that you can’t put up with her argumentative character; especially after trying to reason with her; then take a slow walk and free her and free yourself (life’s too short) cos its going to get worse. Also remember; that after all, there are women without a profession but their attitude is nothing to right home about...

Brilliant!

Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
You got it...Thanks...
kunletiwoo:

Brilliant!
Re: ....,.. by olashas(f): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
@ aluta continua. The Law Profession is what we do to survive,it really does not rep who we are. Any1 can be proud
and arrogant.Studying law has nothing to do with it.
Re: ....,.. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
OP, whenever she starts any arguement with u, always move a motion for adjournment.

Re: ....,.. by Mynd44: 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
lrguru: OP, whenever she starts any arguement with u, always move a motion for adjournment.
cheesycheesycheesy

How I Use My Waist Beads To Control Men After Sleeping With Me / I HATE Love(my Story) / Who is a Playa/Player?