Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,839 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Mtn Staffs Is This True. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mtn Staffs Is This True. (8412 Views)

The Plight Of AIT/RAYPOWER STAFFS / Zenithbank Is Recruiting New Staffs For 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Staffs Is This True. by Dantecmu(m): 12:21am On Mar 18, 2008
Can you imagine what the all mighty telecommunications the so claimed GIANT of Africa. MY Cousin just got a job with MTN  and it has being all complains. she says the ttelecomsgiants employ young graduates convert them to contract staffs pay call centre agents in the day 50k and Night agents 75k. The most annoying thing according to her is the fact that you ddon'tget any other allowances aside your salary no upfront, no medicals. no housing, no nothing. And most expecially no room for promotion. I mean Pple hear you work with MTN and its Like all other things have been added onto you. Its terrible the way this telecomms agent treat there callcentre agent celtel, globacom inclusive. its awfull when she comes home and its all complains sometimes i wonder why NIGERIA ha sgiven this  Telecomm companies so much Power i mean in Ghana you dont have contract agents in MTN |Nieither do you in South africa. so why is it obtainable in Nigeria. the truth is MTN aint that much of a big deal after all.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by kelao: 2:15am On Mar 18, 2008
thats what we have been facing for  5 MONTHS now,

your cousin was right,forget the name, their is no big deal being an MTN staff.
SORRY not staff but contract staff LOL
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by chidies: 2:52am On Mar 18, 2008
Yes o! You cousine is very much right. That is what we are facing believing it shall be well one day. Just keep praying for your cousine and those of us here.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by swordfish(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2008
my friend i would strongly suggest that you get your facts straight before you start blabbling on this forum i work in the celtel call centre i i am not only entitled to a rewarding take home pay but i am am also entiled to all benefits, bonuses and overtime allowances the any staff in the company enjoy.
i respect the concept of freedom of information but i would strongly suggest that this is not abused.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by sushiluv(f): 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
well i dont know wat d complain is well its unfair but ur cousine should b gratefull she's got a job,anyway i just applied for a (travelconsultant sumtin lik dat) position in mtn but how would i know if my application was accepted?pls help.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by viceb: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2008
swordfish:

my friend i would strongly suggest that you get your facts straight before you start blabbling on this forum i work in the celtel call centre i i am not only entitled to a rewarding take home pay but i am am also entiled to all benefits, bonuses and overtime allowances the any staff in the company enjoy.
i respect the concept of freedom of information but i would strongly suggest that this is not abused.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PLACE IS MTN AND NOT CELTEL.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by SOJ(m): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2008
@swordfish
Celtel call center has one of the most organised and sought after jobs in the telecoms industry.U cannot compare ur pay package wit MTN CC.True dat, MTNCC comprises mostly contract staffs and d pay is infamously poor. By the way, there r rumours that Celtel will soon begin the use of similar staffing structure wit MTN i.e. contract. Thats the way of d world globally ( google it!).Contract staffing isnt bad, its just dat d way and manner MTNCC implements it is poor.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by laidback(m): 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2008
Well, from the little i have seen ( i know about P&G for instance, i know its not telecoms too), contract staff and regular staff rarely ever function with the same reward scheme. That's not saying they should be treated poorly.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by kelao: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ swordfish

Pls you are in celtel and not MTN,i have been in MTN FOR 6 months now and thats the take home pay of contract staffs
the issue here is not contact staff or full staff but the PAY.
pay the contract staffs good money for there are no benefits,housing medicals ,insurance etc.
with good pay you can take care of your self and forget about the fringe benefits

GLO pays 204k and its contact bit you will not know cos its interwoven.

so guys take it from me that thats the pay as per MTN CC
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by bollyolad: 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ kelao

5mnths, 6mnths, which shld we believe
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by ubiaru(f): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2008
Your cousin is right but is not saying the truth,she is not a staff.i fall under that category.we are not staff and earn exactly what she said.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by mikmak: 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2008
swordfish,pls can u tell me how u got into celtel call center, i mean d procedure, requirements n stuffs like that, am a fresh graduate n i need a job, tanks 4 ur anticipated cooperation.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by ayusman16(m): 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2008
kelao:

@ swordfish

Please you are in celtel and not MTN,i have been in MTN FOR 6 months now and thats the take home pay of contract staffs
the issue here is not contact staff or full staff but the PAY.
pay the contract staffs good money for there are no benefits,housing medicals ,insurance etc.
with good pay you can take care of your self and forget about the fringe benefits

GLO pays 204k and its contact bit you will not know because its interwoven.

so guys take it from me that thats the pay as per MTN CC

Bros u should thank God that u have a job that pays u 50k and 75k respectively. I know many people who are ready to sacrifice their left eyes to get paid that amount.

Come to think of it? U no know say the job na contract or the package before u take the appointment? The problem is that most of the contract staff are relations of big boys and girls in mtn; who usually were not employed by merits.

I believe u can get a good job if u r either Smart and Intelligent or connected.

So my friend, manage the money until u r smart enough to get a better job cos mtn no dey ready to keep u for long!
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by ayusman16(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2008
Come to think of it. Most of the contract staff cannot speak or write good English. This u get to know when u call the customer care. This is as a result of the coy employing Contract OND and School cert graduate to attend to queries.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by Dantecmu(m): 6:25am On Mar 25, 2008
ayusman16:

Come to think of it. Most of the contract staff cannot speak or write good English. This u get to know when u call the customer care. This is as a result of the coy employing Contract OND and School cert graduate to attend to queries.
[/quo
How ignorant could you be? You say contract staffs in MTN are OND and school grads. I laugh at your ignorance. MY little sister is a masters degree holder. The diffrence btw a contract staff and a parmanent staff is opportunity. So i would advice you keep your gutter shut B4 u get smacked. How good is your english? and whats your level of education could you please kindly share it with the house.

Thanks
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by Dantecmu(m): 6:36am On Mar 25, 2008
ayusman16:

Bros u should thank God that u have a job that pays u 50k and 75k respectively. I know many people who are ready to sacrifice their left eyes to get paid that amount.

Come to think of it? You no know say the job na contract or the package before u take the appointment? The problem is that most of the contract staff are relations of big boys and girls in mtn; who usually were not employed by merits.

I believe u can get a good job if you're either Smart and Intelligent or connected.

So my friend, manage the money until you're smart enough to get a better job because mtn no dey ready to keep u for long!

@ayusman

What are you saying, are you confused or sumfing, sumtymes i wonder how the likes of you generate ur opinion? is it from your head or your ass. You say contract staffs are not smart enough to be employed as parmanet staffs lol. thats Funny if you believe so much in being the smart one then you should have outsmarted seun in designing nairaland, i mean how confusing could you be.well your choice of words shows the person in you. i hope i don't come across Pple like you.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by Scopium: 9:35am On Mar 25, 2008
[size=13pt]It's so unfair. What do you expect since the authorities concerned only takes bribe/kick backs from these telecom operators and then sell their power to control these erring operators. I have a question though, does it mean that MTN don't employ regular staff?[/size]
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by shrink98: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2008
I agree with you all. I believe a company of such reputation should show a high sence of professionalism
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by nossycheek(f): 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2008
ayusman16:

How did you get to this conclusion. Some of you just come to this forum to deride pple and write rubbish. FYI, most of the contract staff are graduates with good grades but have no godfather like you to get them the big jobs. Na condition make crayfish bend, otherwise,
ayusman16:

Come to think of it? You no know say the job na contract or the package before u take the appointment? The problem is that most of the contract staff are relations of big boys and girls in mtn; who usually were not employed by merits.

I believe u can get a good job if you're either Smart and Intelligent or connected.

So my friend, manage the money until you're smart enough to get a better job because mtn no dey ready to keep u for long!

Here they go again, so you believe because they are contract staff and your father got a job for you, that makes you smarter or more intelligent than them. Arrant nonsense, pls go get some life
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by morningsta(m): 2:45am On Mar 26, 2008
I am also a contract staff at MTN CC. The issue raised here is the truth. those of us working night shift get 75k monthly while those working during the day get 50k. well, we can cry all we like, but the truth is that our people/leaders have sold us out. those who should be fighting for us have taken their share of the kickbacks/bribe and have turned a blind eye to this trend. what is equally worrisome is that other operators are warming up to take after MTN. If MTN can get away with it why not the? Information even going round suggests that pay cut is even feasible whereas we have been yearning for increament. with new agents taking N30k/N50k monthly for the first 3 months of work (they call it probation), how low can MTN condescend? But MTN is not to blame o! If you look deeply Nigerians like you and I are the architect of this anomally.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by nossycheek(f): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2008
@morningsta

Take heart, it is one of those things. My only advice is for you to continue searching for jobs and launch yourself out. My younger one is one and I only but pity him. No medicals, no allowances not to mention the health hazards of holding phones to ones ear for too long.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by femol(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2008
I wonder where you people get your facts from. There are statements here made out of emotions. If you care to know how MTN treats her staff, approach an authoritative source. The amount mentioned of contract staff here is misleading. Maybe there is a category of contracr staff earning that with MTN, BUT WHY DIDNT such a one declare what role he's performing.

I know what obtains cos I have first hand info; d contract staff members I know wt MTN earn far above waht is being posted here.

and MTN has a robust package for its staff, good training- locally and internationally- and lots of other benefits,

So, be careful not to let your emotions becloud your thinking.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by Dantecmu(m): 6:48am On Mar 27, 2008
femol:

I wonder where you people get your facts from. There are statements here made out of emotions. If you care to know how MTN treats her staff, approach an authoritative source. The amount mentioned of contract staff here is misleading. Maybe there is a category of contracr staff earning that with MTN, BUT WHY DIDNT such a one declare what role he's performing.

I know what obtains because I have first hand info; d contract staff members I know wt MTN earn far above waht is being posted here.

and MTN has a robust package for its staff, good training- locally and internationally- and lots of other benefits,

Whats wrong with this novice abi ur friend don lie give you so you think he is a BIG BOY. Guy you should be the one not talking. Your info is LASTHAND. Anyway what else can i do rather than laugh at your ignorance. 

I wonder what benefits your talking about, when The contract staffs dont even get payslips from there contractors i mean if ma causine wasnt with them i wont have posted this topic sooooo plsssss shhhhhhhh.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by Dantecmu(m): 6:49am On Mar 27, 2008
femol:

I know what obtains because I have first hand info; d contract staff members I know wt MTN earn far above waht is being posted here.

Whats wrong with this novice abi ur friend don lie give you so you think he is a BIG BOY. Guy you should be the one not talking. Your info is LASTHAND. Anyway what else can i do rather than laugh at your ignorance.  

I wonder what benefits your talking about, when The contract staffs dont even get payslips from there contractors i mean if ma causine wasnt with them i wont have posted this topic sooooo plsssss shhhhhhhh.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by adamsjosef(m): 8:38am On Mar 28, 2008
femol:

hello, pls and pls what rubbish are you talking here, wat i think you have is rubbish information and not even last hand information. Pls i'll advice you check your facts right b4 you come out her to decieve people. As i write this it's with anger that such arrant nonsense could come from a novice like you. For all i care you could be one of their paid mouthpiece. Pls refrain from such bla bla bla,
@poster 
the issue u raised is as true as true could be
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by Oluchia(f): 9:16am On Mar 28, 2008
femol:

Which category of MTN Contract staff are u talking about? Maybe u are refering to the Expatriates or the Top Management and Technical Consultants, definitely not the graduates employed as Call Center Agents. The poster is right and take it from me, that is the first hand info. And for those saying MTN takes in SSCE and OND as Call center agents, I can also tell u that MTN takes nothing less than HND as Contract some even hold Masters degree. Infact, it is even among the permanent staff that you can get people with less qualifications like OND although most of them have now upgraded their Qualifications courtsey of the Benefits they enjoy through MTN learning and training Program.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by stalker(f): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2008
I was not going to comment on this issue, i was only going to read ur comments but i think i have to correct some issues.

1. MTN N does not employ contract staff. They get companys to employ contract staff. This implies that contract staffs are not MTN N staff but the staffs of the company of the MTN contracted from. So if anybody has a complain lodge it with the HR of the company and not MTN.

MTN really does have a good package for its staff though not as good as other telecoms company.

The only complaint I have is the way MTN staff treat the contract staff. These guys are treated like they are second class citizens and that is really not fair.

2. I can authoritatively say that no one who is a staff (both permanent and contract) in MTN has less than a HND so please do get ur facts straight

Please stop crucifying MTN
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by ayusman16(m): 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Dantecmu

Take it easy. No need to get hard on me. I definately know what am talkin about. The point is why complain about a job nobody forced to u take? Am also not trying to say Permanent staff ar better than contracts. And for ur info, the contracts staff consist mainly the relations of the big boys and girls in mtn (true story). And talking about buiding a website like Seun?Hmm! I think it does not arise in this discussion. If anybody doubts what am talking about; try calling radomly into the call centre and weigh my facts.

stalker:

I was not going to comment on this issue, i was only going to read your comments but i think i have to correct some issues.

1. MTN N does not employ contract staff. They get companys to employ contract staff. This implies that contract staffs are not MTN N staff but the staffs of the company of the MTN contracted from. So if anybody has a complain lodge it with the HR of the company and not MTN.

MTN really does have a good package for its staff though not as good as other telecoms company.

The only complaint I have is the way MTN staff treat the contract staff. These guys are treated like they are second class citizens and that is really not fair.

2. I can authoritatively say that no one who is a staff (both permanent and contract) in MTN has less than a HND so please do get your facts straight

Please stop crucifying MTN

Don't understand what u mean by being treated like second class citizens? Am sure most of them signed the contractual agreement when they "looked" desperately for the job? No need to complain. Just resign!

You also mentioned that the minimum qual is HND? Dats not true. Av known and helpd folks with lesser qualifications into the call center.

Only the first point u raised is completely true!
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by ayusman16(m): 3:42pm On Mar 28, 2008
[
Dantecmu:

Bros! But why e dey pain u like dis nah? Wetin concern my qual with that of Call Centre? Is it becos we don't share the same opinion? Takia easy ooo. Am very sure, u be contract staff for mtn that's why u r acting like dis. Anyway, i know several pple who came in as contract staff with mtn getting better offers after barely 6months! Ur time would soon come; so be thankful to God for the little one u have.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by serious: 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2008
"The patient dog eats the fatest bone". Thats what I think. If you are patient in fifty or seventy five, you will get experience, Then you can move on. With that experience you can soar to other high paying organisations. You are not in a cage with MTN. So shut up and learn so that you can grow. No child ever walked the day he was born. 2 YRS EXPERIENCE with MTN is a big boost to ur CV. I'm in such an org. but I have set my targets and I'm learning. One day, a well paying organisation will want me for my experience and I will move on. MTN should be your learning ground and you must take it if you cant help it. Think like me and you will see reasons in my silence.
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by pewekac: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2010
guys what's the current situation of MTN call center contract staff. salaries, benefits, prospects and all?
Re: Mtn Staffs Is This True. by Rotwale: 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2010
It would be so unfair if we draw conclusions without having our facts right. Swordfish & femol sounded so fair in their judgment. Concluding dt MTN is dt discriminating is not right. I can tell you there are contract staff in MTN dt earn 'enviable' salaries. it is a function of the position applied for and d work experience of d applicant. the only limiting factor is d fact dt they cannot enjoy d 'goodies' full staff are enjoying.

It is so unfortunate we found ourselves in a country where 'contract' staffing is legal and almost becoming the order of the day unlike what is obtainable elsewhere. However, the onus rest on any prospective applicant to critically consider whatever offer any prospective employer is offering.
@ poster, your cousin should have known the type of employment he or she is taking up at the selection stage and it is expected that he/she would have taken a decision to accept or not. I found myself in a somewhat similar situation years back when I was earning some ridiculous salary. What i did then was dt i decided on an exit strategy right from day 1 while i learnt as much as i could on the job. Glory to God cos today, i'm happy for it. I can bet ur cousin wld be happy for it if he/she cld maximise the potential knowledge on the job and importantly the opportunities that abound in MTN for contract staff. There is this friend of mine who was a contract staff in MTN few years back. today, d guy is not only a full staff; he is really doing well and he is happier

Whatever d case is, i think ur cousin still have a good chance to grow (it may not be in MTN though).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Skye Bank Recruitment / Salary Range Of Union Bank Marketing Staff / Test Invite From BDO Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.