Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Unlocked International Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unlocked International Phones? (1579 Views)

Can Etisalat P3 Be Network Unlocked? / Can THREE Huawei E5331 Be Unlocked / Can An Etisalat Sim Ever Work On A An Unlocked Verizon Blackberry Tour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unlocked International Phones? by Nobody: 4:47am On Mar 18, 2008
Anyone knows any great unlocked international phones? wanna know from someone who uses/used those kind of phone. . and if you could add any website for those kinds of phone, i'll appreciate kiss
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by Dreloaded(f): 5:17am On Mar 18, 2008
Fayose's spirit has consumed you abi? OLE BARAWO!
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

Fayose's spirit has consumed you abi? OLE BARAWO!
i dnt understand what you mean and who is fayose?
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by fellybabe(f): 6:25am On Mar 18, 2008
some people just talk anyhow even if they don't have positive contribution to make.
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by hayprof(m): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2008
dats d way it is, if u aint gat a reply 2 such jst ignore!
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by Dreloaded(f): 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2008
Former governor of Ekiti state. sheesh alagolo, brush up on our people, jare. tongue

We had to kick the bloody thief out. A damn disgrace angry

as to the morons above, did either of you answer the Op's question?
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by Bossman(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2008
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "unlocked international phones" Are you talking about a quadband phone with all the 4 GSM bands 850/900/1800/1900 (also called World phones)?

morenike09:

Anyone knows any great unlocked international phones? want to know from someone who uses/used those kind of phone. . and if you could add any website for those kinds of phone, i'll appreciate kiss
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2008
Bossman:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "unlocked international phones" Are you talking about a quadband phone with all the 4 GSM bands 850/900/1800/1900 (also called World phones)?

yes, thanks
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by Bossman(m): 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2008
Well, I am using a number of world phones each has it's own pros/cons. However I am quite satisfied with them all.

My primary phone for  is a Treo 750 smartphone. It's a little on the heavy side, but it's a work horse!Voice quality is very good, data, web browsing etc. It uses the windows mobile 5.0 operating system. Pocket explorer, word, excel, powerpoint, windows media player, and a whole lot more. I have installed several java applications such opera browser, opera mini, on it it without any problems. 

Another phone I use the most is a samsung Blackjack. It's also a smartphone. it has all the qualities of the treo 750, however it's very light. The music also sounds crisper and clearer on this one.

These phones which I use sometimes are not bad either Moto V551 and Moto SLVR L7.

Again, these are all world phones that will work in any country that has GSM since thay have all 4 GSM bands. The treo and blackjack are also 3g phones. However, only the treo has the 3g bands used in Nigeria. It has 850/1900/2100. The blackjack only has the 3g bands used in the US 850/1900 HSPDA.

You may want to check out the phone reviews at phonescoop, gsmarena, cnet, etc. for more detailed info.  Botom line, it depends on what you are looking for in a phone. If you do not use much data, then I would not recommend a smartphone. We get unlimited data here for a small fee, so using a smartphone is a no brainer!

You can get any of these world phones at several onlite outlets, it all depends on your location.

morenike09:

yes, thanks
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2008
Bossman:

Well, I am using a number of world phones each has it's own pros/cons. However I am quite satisfied with them all.

My primary phone for is a Treo 750 smartphone. It's a little on the heavy side, but it's a work horse!Voice quality is very good, data, web browsing etc. It uses the windows mobile 5.0 operating system. Pocket explorer, word, excel, powerpoint, windows media player, and a whole lot more. I have installed several java applications such opera browser, opera mini, on it it without any problems.

Another phone I use the most is a samsung Blackjack. It's also a smartphone. it has all the qualities of the treo 750, however it's very light. The music also sounds crisper and clearer on this one.

These phones which I use sometimes are not bad either Moto V551 and Moto SLVR L7.

Again, these are all world phones that will work in any country that has GSM since thay have all 4 GSM bands. The treo and blackjack are also 3g phones. However, only the treo has the 3g bands used in Nigeria. It has 850/1900/2100. The blackjack only has the 3g bands used in the US 850/1900 HSPDA.

You may want to check out the phone reviews at phonescoop, gsmarena, cnet, etc. for more detailed info. Botom line, it depends on what you are looking for in a phone. If you do not use much data, then I would not recommend a smartphone. We get unlimited data here for a small fee, so using a smartphone is a no brainer!

You can get any of these world phones at several onlite outlets, it all depends on your location.

thank you kiss kiss i'll look up the site. . .i prefer samsung phones, not much int Motorola
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by tobs(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2008
motorola and samsung are twees tongue nokia and sonyErIcSsOn
Re: Unlocked International Phones? by vinojanu: 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
Yes it's possible to unlock all international mobile unlock so easy. don't worry about anything just  click this link mobile-unlocker.com there so many mobile unlocking codes are available.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Nigeria Mobile Are Scam! / Re: Nokia Su-33w Tv Receiver Update / Why Is Nokia 200 This Slow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.