Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality (964 Views)

The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / Questions For Christians: Is the Catholic Church The First Church? / Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by plaetton: 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
Has the catholic church been a force for good?
This was a recent debate on BBC.
Am quite sure this type of debate goes in public and private discussions everyday.
In recent decades, there is hardly a month that goes by without one scandal or another erupting from either the hallowed marbled chambers of the vatican or from the quite sanctums of a remote parish, or another.

In all human affairs, scandals and and scandalous behaviours are nothing new. What makes the scandals relating the catholic church mouth-watering and appetizing has much to do with What the catholic church is, and what they stand for(or say they stand for ).

In the not too distant past, the Catholic church was the most powerful institution in the whole world. The power of the pope, the cardinals, the bishops and priest were comparable to the power of emperors, kings and princes.
As the oldest organized religious denomination, it is, infact ,the mother of all christian denominations and sects.
As the grand shepherd of 1.2 billion faithful followers, the catholic church has been the most influential author, definer , and in recent past, the enforcer of earthly moral behaviour.

It appears, true to what many have always suspected, that behind all that facade of holiness, purity and high morality, are average human beings, under the camouflage of religious authority, doing the same immoral, hedonistic, greedy and selfish acts that most humans always do.

We see now that the final veils are being lifted off the sanctimonious hypocrisy of this stale institution. The centre can no longer hold.
The chicken is coming home to roost.

As we hear of priestly se.xual abuse scandals from nearly every corner of the world, we can only wonder and imagine just how many children have been se.xually molested by the prefects of this institution, unabashed, over the past 2000 years.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
What positive impact has to trash add to human life. Rubbish!
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by plaetton: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
JudismphD: What positive impact has to trash add to human life. Rubbish!

Huh?? shocked

Were you trying to make a point?
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by achinaboy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
Churches in general are just money making machine arranged by gready set of unbelievers presented to mugus like me and others,religion is man made,so we should not espect more that required,,,,,i was born a catholic,grew up in catholic,went to seminary school,wanted to be a rev fad,but the things i saw and experienced in the seminary is nothing to write home about,,,these things made me to think,is this really a place for God`s children or what,but still am waiting for Moses to come down from the mountain,because everything started from him,,,,he kept the isrealites in the desert went up to the mountain to meet God,personally, he saw no damn person there on the mountain,but what was he going to tell the inquisitive monkeys waiting for him downstairs that the God said? absolutly nothing,then he cooked up some lies and came down in the name of commandment,and ever since then,people has been living in lies because everything started with lies,,,,,,i wonder which way to follow now
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by alphascorpio(m): 11:43am On Feb 26, 2013
achina boy: Churches in general are just money making machine arranged by gready set of unbelievers presented to mugus like me and others,religion is man made,so we should not espect more that required,,,,,i was born a catholic,grew up in catholic,went to seminary school,wanted to be a rev fad,but the things i saw and experienced in the seminary is nothing to write home about,,,these things made me to think,is this really a place for God`s children or what,but still am waiting for Moses to come down from the mountain,because everything started from him,,,,he kept the isrealites in the desert went up to the mountain to meet God,personally, he saw no damn person there on the mountain,but what was he going to tell the inquisitive monkeys waiting for him downstairs that the God said? absolutly nothing,then he cooked up some lies and came down in the name of commandment,and ever since then,people has been living in lies because everything started with lies,,,,,,i wonder which way to follow now
This is exactly what I was telling somebody a few days ago. What if Moses just made up stories about communicating with god and carved the commandments himself in order to keep the isrealites under control?? What if he went up to the mountain to get high on weed and alchohol and started imagining things? I know I ve had some funny dreams while under the influence of alchohol.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Willzkid(m): 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Did Moses also cook up the story of the divided red sea?
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by alfaman1: 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Willzkid: Did Moses also cook up the story of the divided red sea?

Yes

https://www.nairaland.com/1168913/crossing-red-sea-explained-no
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by achinaboy(m): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
Willzkid: Did Moses also cook up the story of the divided red sea?
check the real story of red sea,before and now,study it more and then tell me yourself if that story suppose to be true or not,our problem is that we havebeen brainwashed so much that we are not able to ask questions,why?because it`s all about God
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
alfaman1:

Yes

https://www.nairaland.com/1168913/crossing-red-sea-explained-no
Dat guy advocate666, is a devils incarnet nd we all knw dat devil is d master of all liars.. So there is no way, a real christian well believe such rubbish! Dat is by d way, wot do u have 2 say about d ten plaque dat happend in egypt, was it a trick by moses?
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by italo: 6:34am On Feb 27, 2013
plaetton: Has the catholic church been a force for good?
Am quite sure this type of debate goes in public and private discussions everyday.
In recent decades, there is hardly a month that goes by without one scandal or another erupting from either the hallowed marbled chambers of the vatican or from the quite sanctums of a remote parish, or another.

In all human affairs, scandals and and scandalous behaviours are nothing new. What makes the scandals relating the catholic church mouth-watering and appetizing has much to do with What the catholic church is, and what they stand for(or say they stand for ).

In the not too distant past, the Catholic church was the most powerful institution in the whole world. The power of the pope, the cardinals, the bishops and priest were comparable to the power of emperors, kings and princes.
As the oldest organized religious denomination, it is, infact ,the mother of all christian denominations and sects.
As the grand shepherd of 1.2 billion faithful followers, the catholic church has been the most influential author, definer , and in recent past, the enforcer of earthly moral behaviour.

It appears, true to what many have always suspected, that behind all that facade of holiness, purity and high morality, are average human beings, under the camouflage of religious authority, doing the same immoral, hedonistic, greedy and selfish acts that most humans always do.

We see now that the final veils are being lifted off the sanctimonious hypocrisy of this stale institution. The centre can no longer hold.

As we hear of priestly se.xual abuse scandals from nearly every corner of the world, we can only wonder and imagine just how many children have been se.xually molested by the prefects of this institution, unabashed, over the past 2000 years.

You might want to mention the good things the Church has been doing for 20 centuries (and continues to do). Or is your mind too biased to know of even a single good deed?
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Ubenedictus(m): 11:49am On Feb 27, 2013

interesting posts. As d scandals show i think some priest or in theory all priest should b treated in a sense as hypocrites, Jesus teaching is right on point "do as they say but not as they do".
In a rather sameful chain of event, infact all through d centuries for 2000yrs the church has shown that she is simply a devine institution with human members and as such sin abound.
I only know one perfect church where what is taught is what is alway done, and that church is d church in heaven.
As far as earth is concerned all we have are stewards, unworthy vessels of divine truth. And while i see d scandals it reminds me that no one is impecable and that plaetton who writes d post against d scandal also has his own sins.
The church has never said her member or priests are the most holy in d world, infact the church repeats in d words of her master Jesus christ "d scandal must come but woe unto him through whom it does" but she maintains her function to teach moral, and to teach that thru christ d moral laws can b followed and finally that God is ready to forgive d repentant sinner. She teaches d truth of God even though those who claim to b catholics do not alway practice such truth.
GOOD POST plaetton. Let judgement begin from the house of God.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Ubenedictus(m): 11:50am On Feb 27, 2013

Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Ubenedictus(m): 11:52am On Feb 27, 2013
achina boy: Churches in general are just money making machine arranged by gready set of unbelievers presented to mugus like me and others,religion is man made,so we should not espect more that required,,,,,i was born a catholic,grew up in catholic,went to seminary school,wanted to be a rev fad,but the things i saw and experienced in the seminary is nothing to write home about,,,these things made me to think,is this really a place for God`s children or what,but still am waiting for Moses to come down from the mountain,because everything started from him,,,,he kept the isrealites in the desert went up to the mountain to meet God,personally, he saw no damn person there on the mountain,but what was he going to tell the inquisitive monkeys waiting for him downstairs that the God said? absolutly nothing,then he cooked up some lies and came down in the name of commandment,and ever since then,people has been living in lies because everything started with lies,,,,,,i wonder which way to follow now
u mentioned d experience u had in d seminary, u know dis thread is abt d sins of d catholic church, would u like to share dat unhappy experience.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by plaetton: 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
italo:

You might want to mention the good things the Church has been doing for 20 centuries (and continues to do). Or is your mind too biased to know of even a single good deed?

In theses times, I am of the view that the Catholic church does a lot more good to humanity than her disfunctional evangelical children.

However, no amount of good can ever ever counterbalance the evils of sex.ual exploitation of young faithful catholic children by priests.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by lacum: 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
what point do u think u made with dis post? everybody wants to write on d sins of anoda while it is clear dat d writer(s) is also a sinner.smh
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Ubenedictus(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
lacum: what point do u think u made with dis post? everybody wants to write on d sins of anoda while it is clear dat d writer(s) is also a sinner.smh
interesting, so each time we comment on the sins of others we must remember ours.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by achinaboy(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ubenedictus: u mentioned d experience u had in d seminary, u know dis thread is abt d sins of d catholic church, would u like to share dat unhappy experience.
there is nothing so special,it`s the type of things u hear every day,,but why it really made me mad,was the kind of respect i had for those on white and the people around them,and these respect also made me to join the sect,thinking that it is for God`s people and for holly people,because i wanted to be holly,i wanted to be a man of God,i wanted to be an instrument for God,but i was disappointed a long the line,,and let me point this out,,these people got no regard for any poor fellow,,,,,,it`s difficult for me to explain because am not making any point,but to make my point shot,,,,my experience as a seminarian and how i felt was like,,,,if u are a man,and u look up to your dad,,and you wants to be like your day,,and suddenly u saw ur dad crying because ur mama beats him,, just manage my explanation

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by truthislight: 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ubenedictus: interesting posts. As d scandals show i think some priest or in theory all priest should b treated in a sense as hypocrites, Jesus teaching is right on point "do as they say but not as they do".
In a rather sameful chain of event, infact all through d centuries for 2000yrs the church has shown that she is simply a devine institution with human members and as such sin abound.
I only know one perfect church where what is taught is what is alway done, and that church is d church in heaven.
As far as earth is concerned all we have are stewards, unworthy vessels of divine truth. And while i see d scandals it reminds me that no one is impecable and that plaetton who writes d post against d scandal also has his own sins.
The church has never said her member or priests are the most holy in d world, infact the church repeats in d words of her master Jesus christ "d scandal must come but woe unto him through whom it does" but she maintains her function to teach moral, and to teach that thru christ d moral laws can b followed and finally that God is ready to forgive d repentant sinner. She teaches d truth of God even though those who claim to b catholics do not alway practice such truth.
GOOD POST plaetton. Let judgement begin from the house of God.

cool

Hmmm!
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by italo: 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
plaetton:
In theses times, I am of the view that the Catholic church does a lot more good to humanity than her disfunctional evangelical children.

Oh... Good!

However, no amount of good can ever ever counterbalance the evils of sex.ual exploitation of young faithful catholic children by priests.

While I'm not excusing immoral behaviour...let us look at this little example: St Maximillian Kolbe gave himself in ransom to be executed in place of another man at the concentration camp in Auschwitz. HoW can we humanly quantify the extent of this gReat GOOD?

Put yourself in the other man's shoes and ponder for a minute.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Ubenedictus(m): 12:25am On Feb 28, 2013
Lol, this one was funny, i wanted to know about the specific behaviour that repulse you!
achina boy:
there is nothing so special,it`s the type of things u hear every day,,but why it really made me mad,was the kind of respect i had for those on white and the people around them,and these respect also made me to join the sect,thinking that it is for God`s people and for holly people,because i wanted to be holly,i wanted to be a man of God,i wanted to be an instrument for God,but i was disappointed a long the line,,and let me point this out,,these people got no regard for any poor fellow,,,,,,it`s difficult for me to explain because am not making any point,but to make my point shot,,,,my experience as a seminarian and how i felt was like,,,,if u are a man,and u look up to your dad,,and you wants to be like your day,,and suddenly u saw ur dad crying because ur mama beats him,, just manage my explanation
it seems u entered the seminary not to look unto God but to look at man, no?
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Ubenedictus(m): 12:30am On Feb 28, 2013
italo:

While I'm not excusing immoral behaviour...let us look at this little example: St Maximillian Kolbe gave himself in ransom to be executed in place of another man at the concentration camp in Auschwitz. Let us imagine that Maximillian (who was a priest) had abused the same man as a child previously; would you still maintain that no good can counter-balance that evil?
oga, leave maxmilian alone oh! He is one of my patron and i really dont like u draging his name into this mud even to make a valid point. I think i understand ur point though, while it is totally wrong to sin and i don't avocate it, i do agree that evil can always be counterbalance with Good.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Ubenedictus(m): 12:32am On Feb 28, 2013
truthislight:

cool

Hmmm!
i no understand oh! Weytin "hmm!" mean?
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by italo: 7:04am On Feb 28, 2013
Ubenedictus: oga, leave maxmilian alone oh! He is one of my patron and i really dont like u draging his name into this mud even to make a valid point. I think i understand ur point though, while it is totally wrong to sin and i don't avocate it, i do agree that evil can always be counterbalance with Good.

To be frank, even I had a bad feeling about posting that. I think I must modify it. Thank you.
Re: The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10am On Feb 28, 2013
italo:

To be frank, even I had a bad feeling about posting that. I think I must modify it. Thank you.
u're most welcome

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Was Not Good / She Wants To Know If She Can Wear This To Church / Deliverance-pastor Of White Garment Church-beats-accused-witch-to death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.