Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,885 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. (3681 Views)

PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC / Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Obanikoro Stoned In UNILAG For Lying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2013

Nigeria is currently embroiled in a diplomatic stand-off with Brazil over an incidence that occurred at the University of Lagos. Female students from Brazil who are part of a one year exchange programme at the university, refused to stay in the hostel accommodations provided for them on campus even after school authorities provided generating sets for the rooms, installed air-conditioner units, and equipped the rooms with water purifiers, DSTV, internet access and working telephone lines. The foreign students turned down the rooms and asked instead for accommodation in any of the reputable five star Hotels in Lagos.

The Nigerian programme coordinator refused, telling them that their Nigerian counterparts in Brazil had settled down into the student accommodations provided for them in Brazil so there was no reason the Brazilians shouldn’t stay in Moremi Hall in Unilag. Unbeknown to authorities, the foreign students contacted their Embassy claiming that they were in fear for their lives and this led to Interpol agents being called in to ‘rescue’ the Brazilians from Unilag.

This has now resulted in a tense exchange of words between officials of the two countries but the Brazilians are unrelenting in their decision to remove their citizens from University of Lagos and from the exchange programme. Speaking from the Brazilian embassy in Lagos, one of the rescued girls explained why she and her fellow exchange students were afraid for their lives.

According to her, during their induction, when they first arrived in Unilag, they noticed that a lot of Nigerian girls had Brazilian hair on their heads. This did not alarm them and they even found it amusing when they learnt that women were willing to pay as much as $2000 for the hair of their compatriots.
What gave them concern however, was when they learnt that Nigerians are fond of using black magic to remove such intimate body parts as sex organs from their fellow Nigerians – for the sake of money. And to make matters worse, when they started mixing with their hosts, they noticed that more than a few Nigerian female students demonstrated ‘more than casual’ interest in their hair. At this point they really became afraid.

They reasoned that if Nigerians can steal each other’s sex organs and if Brazilian hair is an expensive and highly sort after commodity, then sleeping in a Nigerian female hostel can only be asking for trouble. As of the time of going to press, efforts were being made by school authorities to allay the fears of the Brazilian students and to avert what could become a major international incidence.
Measures being considered by the University VC include banning the fixing of human hair or asking residents of Moremi Hall to sign an undertaking that they will not employ any tactics, physical or spiritual, to harvest the hairs of their Brazilian guests

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Gentlegun(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hahahaha!!! Original brazillian hair. I love dis country, nobody wan carry last
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by litgirl22: 10:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
All this pamperin and demands because of some exchange students from Brazil these schools will not even do HALF for their indigenous students. Backwardness at it's height.

Or is it that I can blame the Brazilians completely? Nigerians and Brazilian hair/rituals!!!
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
source`?

1 Like

Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by deHitchcock(f): 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
OMG!can't stop laughing
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Feedmemore(f): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lwkmd!!!

I hope the story isn't true though, if true then op provide a source.
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
abeg move this yeye topic to jokes section jare! what a rib cracking joke. grin
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
Measures being considered by the University VC include banning the fixing of human hair or asking residents of Moremi Hall to sign an undertaking that they will not employ any tactics, physical or spiritual, to harvest the hairs of their Brazilian guests

Possibly only short of total fabrication - this article
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
The story is as fake as the op. Anyways it should be moved to jokes section
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
STUPID GIRL, LOOK AT THE NONSENSE SHE IS SAYING, THAT JUST SEEMS LIKE RACISM TO ME. GO BACK IN BRAZIL ANYWAY NO ONE WILL MISS YOU.WHY DO NIGERIANS GIRLS DON'T KILL EACH OTHER FOR THE SAME HAIR , TELL US?
PS: I'M AGAINST FAKE HAIR AND WIGS , SEE WHAT AFRICAN GIRL BROUGHT ON US ,PEOPLE NOW THINK WE CAN KILL OVER HAIR shocked shocked
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
This must be a joke I think is time to laff undecided
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by ladykilllar: 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
Not as if brazil is far better than naija ooo foolish babes
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
Somepeople still didn't get the joke in this topic. Smh

1 Like

Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by obowunmi(m): 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
Joke section pls.... grin grin
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Ejine(m): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
Would you blame them?

The Brazilian girls were probably scared their Nigerian roommates would steal their hair at night while they slept.
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by jmaine: 12:03am On Feb 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by kudiice(m): 1:28am On Feb 26, 2013
;DLwkmd! Naija ladies no dey carry last Oh! Really funny story, news or whatever.
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by redsun(m): 1:40am On Feb 26, 2013
African women should stop wearing caucacian hair. It is a let down to African beauty and integrity.

It is unreal and enslaving.

2 Likes

Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 2:07am On Feb 26, 2013
Lie, big fat lie!! Anyone that believes this story needs to return his/her certificate. You are too dumb to be educated!
Though a very funny joke grin
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by braine(m): 2:34am On Feb 26, 2013
hahahahaha! This is hilarious!
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by redsun(m): 2:44am On Feb 26, 2013
Unilag is suppose to ne the "poshest" uni in naija,yet ordinary Brazilians that probably grew up in favelas couldn't tolerate the out of order scene.

The story does not make real sense,but when you puty one and two together,seeing from strangers eyes,you will understand their apprehension.p

1 Like

Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by azpekuliar: 4:08am On Feb 26, 2013
LWKMD!... Jokes section please.
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 26, 2013
dry joke
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by sparkleboy(m): 6:14am On Feb 26, 2013
grin, funny joke.
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 26, 2013
This should be a joke because currently am schooling in unilag and I have never heard this. Please moderators, move this to the joke section. LoooooLZ
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by bedford101(m): 7:51am On Feb 26, 2013
FRONT PAGE IN 2HRS ...WATCH grin
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by janefrancisca(f): 9:14am On Feb 26, 2013
Нaнaɑº°˚=Dнaнaɑº°=D=D ..if na u, u no go fear wit d rate wey babes dey rush d brazillian hair..funny joke grin
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by bethnals: 10:03am On Feb 26, 2013
redsun: African women should stop wearing caucacian hair. It is a let down to African beauty and integrity.

It is unreal and enslaving.

lol for the girls weave is do or die. For me I dont even care for any weave give me this girl below over any oyinbo/weave wearing girl.

Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by martyns303(m): 11:12am On Feb 26, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: STUPID GIRL, LOOK AT THE NONSENSE SHE IS SAYING, THAT JUST SEEMS LIKE RACISM TO ME. GO BACK IN BRAZIL ANYWAY NO ONE WILL MISS YOU.WHY DO NIGERIANS GIRLS DON'T KILL EACH OTHER FOR THE SAME HAIR , TELL US?
PS: I'M AGAINST FAKE HAIR AND WIGS , SEE WHAT AFRICAN GIRL BROUGHT ON US ,PEOPLE NOW THINK WE CAN KILL OVER HAIR shocked shocked
Aunty abi na uncle, relax na joke the OP dey joke.
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by idupaul: 11:32am On Feb 26, 2013
Shocked that most people on the thread can't see this is parody ... And all of them dey one office or school or the other right now ... I fear for this country small
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by janefrancisca(f): 9:35am On Feb 27, 2013
marty undecidedns303:

Aunty abi na uncle, relax na joke the OP dey joke.
na wa o me sef tire 4 d bros sef..see as I'm dey crious sef undecided
Re: Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel. by vizboy(m): 11:25am On Feb 27, 2013
[size=150]ha ha ha

@op you cant be serious.

[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Drops Bombshell On Igbos & The Civil War / Photos:Newly Married Governor Oshiomhole Caught Yawning During Lunch At Aso Rock / Photos: Two Stubborn Men Block Each Other On A Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.