Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (81025 Views)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / How To Make Your Relaxed Hair Grow Longer And Fuller. / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by babestell(f): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2013
@ ferhyntorlah

whats the difference between protein treatment and deep conditioning, isnt it the same products you use.Also which one of these is the same as the steaming we do in salons. When you say olive oil is it the same Goya that we buy in churches, the
Unfortunately the kind of job I do will not allow me follow the kind of time intensive hair care regime am seeing here.I plan to plait all back and loosen it every other weekend to wash and soak in organics conditioner, shea butter, jamiacan castor oil and rub in coconut oil. after which i plait it again for another 2 weeks.
So am I doing it wrong? Can you recomend something easier or less stressful
I wish I could go to bed and wake up with long hair so that I can start dancing to Indian music round the housegrin grin

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by jessyz(f): 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

It depends on you; I left mine for 3hrs cos I was doing house chores, which lasted for that duration. So yours might be 30mins, 1 hour or more.

If using live eggs, please use cold water; using hot/warm water will cause the egg to coagulate, that is to cook sort of making it difficult to rinse out.
Thanks dear.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by dominique(f): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
Big ups ladies, you gals are the bestest kiss. I've learnt so much from this thread. Before my hair care regimen was deep shampooing and conditioning inbetween re-touches. Its now a month and 3 days since I applied relaxer. Already I've seen a difference in hair texture since I started paying more attention to my hair. I'm on my second cornrow now. I shampooed and deep conditioned when I took out the first one. I'll be trying Feyintorlah's method of applying the protein treatment while the plats are stll on. I'll be going on braids next, so the hair would be needing all the strength it can get. Hope I'll be able to hold on till november o.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Rify(f): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
9months no relaxer. I love this journey, unfortunately I don't plan to relax ever again. (So help me God) grin
www.naturalrify.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Horbalawler(f): 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hey!! Am new here, bt av been followin for a while now,,, i really want to learn more abt hair care cos i want my hair to grow more and i wish u Guys could help
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by meerahh: 12:28am On Jun 30, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] smileyHi am neW here,bt av been following 4 ₳ while now..i relaxed my hair in april and i don't intend to do it again till august,,av never done protien treatment before but am planing on startig now..i use profective mega growth hair relaxer,the hair cream and straightener..anD i braided my hair with wool...hope it doesn't damage the hair...advice needed tnx

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Horbalawler(f): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
D last time i relax was in april, bt i feel my hair is weak and also want to change my relaxer. Dont no if DR miracle will be okay,,, i need som advice on wat to do nxt,, wether to strech or retouch,, pls help
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
So I retouched my hair today, I already have very full hair and thanks to the castor oil, my hair is fuller sad, it didn't grow at all, instead my hair cut. my regimen while i was on my stretch was locing the hair and using castor oil. what can I do to make my hair get length
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Rify(f): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2013
steph7: So I retouched my hair today, I already have very full hair and thanks to the castor oil, my hair is fuller sad, it didn't grow at all, instead my hair cut. my regimen while i was on my stretch was locing the hair and using castor oil. what can I do to make my hair get length

Length comes with time. Be patient. If you are doing everything properly, be sure its growing.Normal hair grows half an inch every mnth. Biotin helps too, am currently taking it.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Shor: 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hey ladies, its been an interesting one here. I would like to recommend shea butter also for building our hair back tolife. It gives your hair volume and shine. it stops breakage also. You can call 0804043244.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
Horbalawler: D last time i relax was in april, bt i feel my hair is weak and also want to change my relaxer. Dont no if DR miracle will be okay,,, i need som advice on wat to do nxt,, wether to strech or retouch,, pls help

If your hair is weak, relaxer breaks it down even more. Don't retouch until it feels strong, full or if you can't handle a stretch anymore then retouch lightly (blow-out). I suggest you buy a normal strength relaxer. All you need is to moisturize your hair daily to avoid dryness. Dr. Miracle relaxer works great on my coarse hair.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
steph7: So I retouched my hair today, I already have very full hair and thanks to the castor oil, my hair is fuller sad, it didn't grow at all, instead my hair cut. my regimen while i was on my stretch was locing the hair and using castor oil. what can I do to make my hair get length

I experienced hair loss with my first 6-months stretch because I over-stretched to the point of breaking. Maybe you stretched for too long. How often do you wash the castor oil off your scalp? I wash mine off at least once a week because of its thick consistency. Make sure your scalp is clean and oiled, and it will grow.

meerahh: smileyHi am neW here,bt av been following 4 ₳ while now..i relaxed my hair in april and i don't intend to do it again till august,,av never done protien treatment before but am planing on startig now..i use profective mega growth hair relaxer,the hair cream and straightener..anD i braided my hair with wool...hope it doesn't damage the hair...advice needed tnx

In addition to protein treatment, keep your hair mositurized to avoid hair breakage. Wool is a good protective style.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
Thanks rify and yvete. I mix my castor oil with olive oil, to reduce the consistency, so I didn't wash it out regularly. I think I stretched for 3 months. Maybe next I'll stick to 2 months maximum. I always kept my scalp well oiled, I usually have dry scalp but this was the first time I didn't have a dry scalp , due to my new hair regimen
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:04am On Jul 05, 2013
smiley
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
I.Joan:
smiley

Joan, what's your regimen? Your hair can grow too ... grin
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
Yvete:

Joan, what's your regimen? Your hair can grow too ... grin
I don't have one lipsrsealed
Can you prescribe one? undecided
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Mamacita007(f): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yvete: Joan, what's your regimen? Your hair can grow too ... grin
I.Joan:

rubbing different oils & washing hair every sunday is stressful. who has time for that. when im ready ill start afresh only that low cut doesnt fit me cry cry
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by RickyMartin1: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2013
Have you tried using argan oil on your hair? If you haven't, you really should give it a try at least once. argan oil treatments are so great for the tresses. If you do it even just one time, your mane will become so beautiful you won't be able to make do without it again.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Horbalawler(f): 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Thank u so much for d reply!!!! Pls i want u to tell me more, as in wat kind of treatment to use,cos am planning to go to d market to shop for my hair, as my hair is now, its been four months since av retouch, wat do u tink is d next step to do....
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by babestell(f): 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
So I finally settled down on a hair regimen that better work or I give up all efforts.
1. Retouch every 12 weeks
2. Wash with shampoo every 2 weeks and a co-wash the other weeks.
3. Deep condition with a protein conditioner on the weeks I use shampoo, other wise deep condition with mositurizing conditioner.
4. Use water based moisturizer everyday and seal with coconut oil
5. I didnt plan to fix my hair till November but am gonna break that commitiment and fix in August fo 3 weeks(my birthday grin)
6. Apply leave in conditioner on wash days: which will have to be on weekends cos that when am free

For products am gonna use JBCO castor oil, pimento and proten conditioner and Organics shampoo, and coconut oil and some other products that I saw oline. This hair has 6 months to show it can grow if not!!! Ny friend in gabon is a natural and she uses water and olive oil as her moisturizer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by meerahh: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
smileyTnx for the tips
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by meerahh: 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wat shud i do to make my hair grow longer grin
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
meerahh: Wat shud i do to make my hair grow longer grin
I.Joan:

Mamacita007: rubbing different oils & washing hair every sunday is stressful. who has time for that. when im ready ill start afresh only that low cut doesnt fit me cry cry

Welcome. Growing your hair is simple. But first, you need to try to gain body, thickness or volume in your hair. Play around with different products and see which one works for your hair type. If you have thick and dry hair, you need more moisture. 1 shampoo, 1 Conditioner, 1 deep conditioner, natural oils like olive oil is good. Stretch your retouching or perms for some time and don't retouch until ur scalp is full with underrowth. I like[b] babestell's[/b] regimen. Its easy to follow. You can wash it every 2 weeks with shampoo.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ricky Martin: Have you tried using argan oil on your hair? If you haven't, you really should give it a try at least once. Argan oil treatments are so great for the tresses. If you do it even just one time, your mane will become so beautiful you won't be able to make do without it again.

Argan oil has replaced coconut oil for me. the shine is incredible!
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
BagLova:

Argan oil has replaced coconut oil for me. the shine is incredible!

i recently switched from 100% coconut oil to Argan Oil,and you're right ,its definitely great,the shine is incredible and the fact that its not runny like most oils.

but i still like the pleasant smell from the coconut oils when i seal in my Africa's Best shea butter moisturisers. I guess you cant have the best of both worlds...or can You? cheesy

its been a little over a month since my last length check,So here http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/p/hair-w.html is a picture of my current length .Just did a review of this great conditioner from Clairol,here http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/

Ladies,if you need to get that soft silky feel for your hair then you should try this conditioner by Clairol

If you are looking for a treatment for dry damaged hair and more volume for your hair then try The Joico range , i particularly like the brown one (K-PAK) 'cos its got keratin which is essential for strengthening the hair especially those ends.

But for now i think i'll stick with the one from Clairol.

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 2:49am On Jul 14, 2013
Everyone is raving about Argan Oil. I'm still on my virgin coconut oil ishhh. I hate stocking up excess products so the bottle of Coconut oil must be empty before I test Argan oil. cool

@Uzo:- Try Clairol's Long term relationship conditioner. I love it, but my Walmart never has it in stock.

For those new to stretching
(Lady Joan & Meerah):- For starters, say you retouch every 8 weeks, stretch it further to 13 weeks. You should have gained new undergrowth and volume in your hair. The secret is to reduce relaxer application, keep your hair nicely conditioned and your scalp clean. Co-wash your hair (use a conditioner) in-between instead of shampoos. You don't need too many products. Start with the basics (staples).

Remember, when you do a protein treatment, you MUST DEEP CONDITION right after to lock in the protein with moisture. Never leave your hair dry and brittle.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by babestell(f): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
Am going to be wearing wigs for the next half year, at least until my hair starts to look presentable. Just discovered something called a U-part wig, should be an improvement over my front lace wigs. Now just to figure out where I can buy it.

To my despair, I have been finding it difficult to find all those nice products I see on blogs in Port Harcourt. Every time I save up enough money to buy, the online shops are always out of stock angry Thank God for shea butter and coconut oil that i can find)

@Mamacita007 please before you take the plunge and cut your hair, just try and see if u can make out at least 2 hours in a week for your hair. It may be 2 hrs Friday night or early Saturday morn. Just try to build up a routine that works for u.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by funkybaby(f): 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yvete: Everyone is raving about Argan Oil. I'm still on my virgin coconut oil ishhh. I hate stocking up excess products so the bottle of Coconut oil must be empty before I test Argan oil. cool

You are so me grin cool
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
Add me to the list of "finishing coconut to try argan" members lol.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Ejuski: 1:09am On Jul 16, 2013
whr did u purchase ur Jamaican black castor oil?
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by babestell(f): 2:41am On Jul 16, 2013
If ur in nigeria u can order from natural nigerian website or sizzelle online shop website. If you are UK or US, try Amazon
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 10:04am On Jul 16, 2013
Yvete. cool

@Uzo:- Try Clairol's Long term relationship conditioner. I love it, but my Walmart never has it in stock.
[b:

i Just saw the bottle online and read the reviews there too. I've added it to my list but will get it when the hello hydration finishes ,i am trying soo hard not to be a hair product junkie,haven't got any more space on bathroom shelf.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Only Illiterate Can Wear This To An Event / Senegambian Couture In Pictures! / Reasons Why Ugandan Ladies Do Not Wear Panties - By UgandaExposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.