Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (81046 Views)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / How To Make Your Relaxed Hair Grow Longer And Fuller. / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
uzoo: so i finally relaxed my hair , here's an update http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/p/hair-w.html

Hey Uzoo. Happy New year! Did you record growth with your last stretch? Mine got fuller (which I don't really need) with about an inch growth. Not impressed. I'm rocking long braided twists for the holidays until late January. Do you have a hair regimen for braids?
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
Yvete:

Hey Uzoo. Happy New year! Did you record growth with your last stretch? Mine got fuller (which I don't really need) with about an inch growth. Not impressed. I'm rocking long braided twists for the holidays until late January. Do you have a hair regimen for braids?

Hiii Yvete ,Happy New Year to you too smiley , i did see a significant amount of growth, its quite longer than it used to be after a stretch , but this was because i had a lot of new natural hair growth from taking pre-natal pills ,so when i applied the relaxer and deep conditioned afterwards i checked the length with a T-shirt . i used to be on 5 inches spot before my stretch but after my relaxer application(which was after my 3 months stretch) i'm past the 6 inches line.
So you can say yes, i did get some lengthy growth from my last stretch. (1 and a half inch growth) I 've learnt to be patient grin

my last braids were i think 8 or 9 months ago,after 3 weeks of having it on i Lost a lot of hair when it was taken out,i guess because i didnt have a clue on how to look after my hair in braids, (in that 3 weeks , i didnt shampoo ,i didnt deep condition ,no hot oil treatment, nothing). I just left the braids on.
Honestly i dont have a regimen for that. Below is a hair routine you might wanna check out on how to take care of your hair when they are in braids.

http://sjtalkshair..co.uk/2013/06/hair-diary-1-senegalese-twists-update.html

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by girlsupersonic(f): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year everyone! My hair is currently on a 4 month stretch and I'm planning on getting a relaxer by mid January. For people transitioning, I hail you! I went without a relaxer for 2 years and it wasn't easy at all but my hair really grew longer after the touch up. I'd just say try not to leave your hair out so much while transitioning and using coconut milk really works. I don't want to have ant-eyes and say I'm aiming waistlength hair, so I'd just say mid-back
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:18am On Jan 09, 2014
girlsupersonic: Happy new year everyone! My hair is currently on a 4 month stretch and I'm planning on getting a relaxer by mid January. For people transitioning, I hail you! I went without a relaxer for 2 years and it wasn't easy at all but my hair really grew longer after the touch up. I'd just say try not to leave your hair out so much while transitioning and using coconut milk really works. I don't want to have ant-eyes and say I'm aiming waistlength hair, so I'd just say mid-back
I swear. I stayed natural for 2 years and got really tired of detangling my hair only for it to frizz up the next minute. Dealing with my hair was a pain. Abeg, I no fit die cos of natural hair so I started using texturizers on my hair last October. The good side to it was that my hair grew massively during those two years. Like, my hair is at armpit length right now.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
ItsModella1:
I swear. I stayed natural for 2 years and got really tired of detangling my hair only for it to frizz up the next minute. Dealing with my hair was a pain. Abeg, I no fit die cos of natural hair so I started using texturizers on my hair last October. The good side to it was that my hair grew massively during those two years. Like, my hair is at armpit length right now.

ItsModella1, I remember reading one of your previous posts(under your former name ItsModella) in which you said you were natural.

In the last quarter of last year, I had my natural and relaxed hair. It was in a transitioning state even though I was transitioning. I just wanted my natural hair to grow well before applying relaxer but the stretch made me lose my much of my relaxed hair.

So I decided to be natural but last month I had a rethink. After washing the hair, it shrunk and tangled(as it is common with natural hair) a lot and to detangle and stretch it, I spent a lot of time doing that. I asked myself if I would keep doing this all the time.

So I've decided to begin my hair journey afresh; so I'm getting the cream crack but this time, the hair will be texlaxed and properly maintained-deep conditioning, protein conditioning, moisturising and sealing, prepooing, etc.

To all who maintain their unrelaxed hair, I salute una!

PS: has any of you tried rinsing/spraying your hair with beer? I was googling and came across it.

It is said the ingredients(hops& barley) contain protein which binds itself to the hair shaft thus strengthening it and the sugar helps to add luster.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
DB
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 1:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
@Itsmodella1
You're right , long stretches do allow for more hair growth ,especially if you intend to apply some sort of relaxers on it. As for going natural, definitely not for me.

@ferhyntorlah
are you referring to using Guiness stout on the hair , i did read about it too , but i'm not sure i want to try it out yet...lol.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
uzoo: @ferhyntorlah
are you referring to using Guinness stout on the hair , i did read about it too , but i'm not sure i want to try it out yet...lol.

Yep! Why not give it a try? To me, this is another away of adding protein to one's hair.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
ferhyntorlah:

Yep! Why not give it a try? To me, this is another away of adding protein to one's hair.

Actually i did a protein treatment yesterday ,i may try it out in a few weeks time. Thanks for sharing this because i used to think the beer thing was used mainly to add some volume to the hair.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by funmiloves: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
uzoo: You guys can find her on my blog under blogs i read.(fresh lengths)

@uzoo

Hi, please can you post her blog address? I went to you blog (great blog by the way, very useful information), but couldn't find the 'blogs i read' link

TIA
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
funmiloves:

@uzoo

Hi, please can you post her blog address? I went to you blog (great blog by the way, very useful information), but couldn't find the 'blogs i read' link

TIA

Oh sorry ,that was a while ago , had to take out some things from the site to make room for the advert promo on my blog ,

here it is www.freshlengths..com
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hair?
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by ghayes22: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2014
I only get a relaxer every 3 months so a stretch with me 6 months. for my hair regimen I use coconut oil, pure olive oil, almond oil, vitamin E, and a raw egg in cholesterol. I use this as my deep conditioner after this I do a hot oil treatment and leave on for 30 minutes with a heating cap it works very well my hair has grown since I started doing this in order for my hair to continue to grow the styles I use do not contain heat I never ever use heat my hair went from being right by my chin down my back. I also use wave as a protection style, it works well for my hair this way I break the weave off and not my hair. as far as oil on a daily basis my hair really eat spoiled so I use Wild Growth hair oil treatment it's about 8 bucks and it contains all the natural oils that I just named plus more it works really good on my hair.

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by ifedinnma(f): 9:37am On Jul 03, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm new on NL and came across this thread. I'm a fan of natural hairs but can't seem to get my hair far.
I use to have fuller and longer hair but dnt know what I did to the hair ferry and its all gone. Scanty and short that I can't have a pony anymore and this made me so uncomfortable.
I tot of going natural but dnt know if I can maintain it.
I'm currently 5mnths post relaxer and wish I can go further but a friend said it wld break.
Thank God I'm here now. Pls what can I do to make it grow longer and fuller.
Pls. Low cost maintainace. Cos owo ti kpo ju.
Thanks you all as I wait for your advise
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by nyamburambuthia: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hallo all. Just wondering, what is there in Jamaican Black Castor Oil that is missing in our African castor oil? Well, it's not that am against it (actually I've got a bottle of it) but when I purchased the local one, I noticed they all work the same. Difference is their costs - JBCO is just too expensive!!
Anyways, I would recommend the castor oil to anyone with natural hair or transitioning from relaxed to natural hair. This product is amazing! If it's smell is a turn-off, then you can mix it with other oils like olive or coconut oil.
Another thing, has anyone tried to transition to natural for more than 6 months without cutting the split ends? Are they really are a bother or sistas do it because almost everyone else does it? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Nyams
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
nyamburambuthia: Hallo all. Just wondering, what is there in Jamaican Black Castor Oil that is missing in our African castor oil?
Nyams

Excuse my ignorance. There is an African castor oil Do you know where its made? Like in Nigeria or other parts of Africa? I've used JBCO consistently for over 4 years and it sure works.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
ifedinnma: I tot of going natural but dnt know if I can maintain it.
I'm currently 5mnths post relaxer and wish I can go further but a friend said it wld break.

Thanks you all as I wait for your advise

No ma'am. If you read earlier posts on this thread, its not advised to stretch longer than 4-5 months if you already got weak ends or you're transitioning. I did a 6-month stretch 2 years ago and I lost everything. Please grab a texturizer/normal relaxer and blow out your roots with your ends nicely oiled or vaseline-d before applying a perm.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by ifedinnma(f): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
grin
Yvete:

No ma'am. If you read earlier posts on this thread, its not advised to stretch longer than 4-5 months if you already got weak ends or you're transitioning. I did a 6-month stretch 2 y ;Dears ago and I lost everything. Please grab a texturizer/normal relaxer and blow out your roots with your ends nicely oiled or vaseline-d before applying a perm.
. Thanks Yvete, a pity I saw this late. I just had a weavon sown on today. I'll texturize when I ;take it off. I pray I dnt go bald then
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by hannielle(f): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
[center][/center]
Yvete: Up for the challenge.

My hair is past shoulder length, very coarse yaki-like texture (4c) and very black (color 1). I have good hair grin
I'm about 3 months post relaxer and did a 6 months stretch sometime last year. Now that's one horrible experience that I will NEVER repeat. I think 3 months stretch is perfect for starters anyways. I wear my hair in a ponytail with edge control and wear half wigs as well.

My regimen:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil mixed with Organic Coconut Oil (for scalp),
Wash hair every sunday night with Elasta QP Creme conditioning Shampoo,
Aphogee 2min reconstructor (with shower cap for 5 minutes),
Moisturing Conditioner + Raw Honey + Egg yolk + coconut Oil (leave in for 45 minutes then wash)
No heat ... No blowdryers I use the T-shirt method
Neutrogena leave-in creme or Wave Nouveau Moisturizing lotion for everyday use.

Shikena ... My hair has been growing like a weed. I may upload pictures since I started all over in 2011... if I find a way to hide my face. grin

I have a lot to learn from you yvete and i would sure need plenty of good advice. I texturized my hair after 3 years if being natural(type 4c). Thereafter my hair has gone awry....always dry even after moisturizing, always breaking..u wont believe the amount of hair i lose after just finger combing(i gave up on using combs). I regretted texturizing in the first instance , thought i shoulda gotten a full perm instead.
Well i eventually got a full perm 2 months ago but the breakage is still on. Unfortunately i cant do weaves of any sort cos of my weak and thin edges. I don't like wigs much so i have to wear my hair. Its frustrating to say the least. Don't have the nerve to do a big chop( my hair is shoulder length) Could we correspond via email pls? Would really love to glean from ur experience. Mine is debcookey@yahoo.com.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Onegai(f): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
nyamburambuthia: Hallo all. Just wondering, what is there in Jamaican Black Castor Oil that is missing in our African castor oil? Well, it's not that am against it (actually I've got a bottle of it) but when I purchased the local one, I noticed they all work the same. Difference is their costs - JBCO is just too expensive!!
Anyways, I would recommend the castor oil to anyone with natural hair or transitioning from relaxed to natural hair. This product is amazing! If it's smell is a turn-off, then you can mix it with other oils like olive or coconut oil.
Another thing, has anyone tried to transition to natural for more than 6 months without cutting the split ends? Are they really are a bother or sistas do it because almost everyone else does it? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Nyams

Hi, please where did you get African Castor oil? The only one I see is in the pharmacy.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by businesswoman: 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
RELAXED AND NATURAL HAIR CARE PRODUCTS ONLINE STORE NOW IN PORT HARCOURT

We wish to introduce to you our healthy hair care products online store for relaxed and natural hair.
Due to the rising demand for hair care products to suit our dry and thirsty hair needs and the unavailability of these products within port harcourt and its environs we have set up this store to bring this service to your door steps

payment method is by direct bank transfer and cash on delivery.

we deliver within port harcourt at a cost of #600 for bank transfer and #1000 for cash on delivery

cash on delivery only applies for orders within port harcourt.

we also deliver to major cities across Nigeria.

Visit us on www.hairdiva.com.ng

contact us

08132995879 (Dr Janet)
BB pin 7E0771E0
janetibifuroagiri@gmail.com

thanks
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by audr3y(f): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2015
please my hair is unequal.front hair shorter than the back.i jus' need it to grow long.preferably shoulder length. Any suggestions?
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2015
Rify:

I take biotin and it works well for me. my hair grows well and my nails are stronger. but one thing is you need so much water, it causes a heavy breakout and water is just the answer anyways.i take the 2500mcg, it was difficult to find but I did finally.
www.naturalrify.
wher to get the biotin, currently here in ibadan.. Nd like how much
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by taliaboo: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
HI i need help I'm a Jamaican an i have relaxed hair an its thin n short an the ends are braking can i use olive oil to make it grow faster thicker and soft
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by FruitfulSparkles(f): 9:54am On Oct 18, 2015
HI everyone, please do not allow this thread to die. i recently concluded a 22weeks relaxer stretch. my hair is really thirsty. it needs moisture moisture. my plan is a complete 6 months stretch next. hope the plan below works for me.
moisturise and seal twice daily until moisture balance is attained.
co wash weekly with moisture dc. with prepoo treatment weekly and hot oil treatment bi weekly
shampoo monthly
henna treatment evey two months or aphogee two minute reconstrutor
my products are: L ' oreals hydrating cowash, clear castor oil,olive oil, almond oil, glycerin, dark and lovely moisturizer, vo5 conditioner. organics shea butter detanfling moisturizer lotion, Profectiv daily leave in. shea butter mix. organics cholesterol with tea tree oil
i want to get the 911leave in conditioner hope it works or i use the okra diy leave.
fingers crossed hope it works till when i deliver and its tym to battle post partum shedding.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by babestell(f): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
So I am on my second 6 month stretch and I must say I am really seeing improvement in hair. It's grown and it's fuller.

I try to wash every other week and I always deep condition with a protein and mositurizing conditioner, J just mix the two. I use coconut oil and water every day. Moisten my hair with water then use coconut oil to lock it in. I use wigs a lot or I do crochet braids.

My work schedule is very exhausting so I can't afford to do anything else, but apparently what am doing is working well

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by OlubisiArt: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hi � I am new here and I have a long and relaxed hair I actually relaxed my hair cause it broke all my combs and it gives me headaches but when I start seeing people embraceing natural hair I felt jealous and I didn't retouch my hair for a year I regreted it I should have left it relaxed my hair was very very black and shiny it became brown rough and breakage set in but I got over I cut off the brown parts and I blow my hair and it back to normal ( when say blow my hair I used relaxer cream without activator)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Only Illiterate Can Wear This To An Event / See What This Lady Wore To The Bank That Sparked Outrage (pic, Video) / Senegambian Couture In Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.