Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail (5320 Views)

Radio Biafra’s Nnamdi Kanu Granted Bail - Vanguard / Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by ayodinho91: 3:13am On Feb 26, 2013
Justice Okechukwu Okeke of a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Monday granted bail to 15 Russian sailors charged with alleged unlawful importation of arms to Nigeria.

The judge released the defendants to the Russian Ambassador in Nigeria as a bail condition and also granted bail to the vessel “MV Myre Seadiver” in a bond of 500,000 dollars to be obtained from First- Bank Plc. The Russian nationals were charged together with their vessel on four counts, bordering on alleged unlawful importation and possession of firearms, as well as non declaration of the content of the vessel and they had pleaded not guilty to the charges.

At the resumed hearing of the matter on Monday, counsel for the defendants, Mr Chukwuwike Okafor informed the court of his pending application for bail of the defendants, urging the court to make an order admitting all the defendants and their vessel to bail since the essence of bail was aimed at securing the defendants’ attendance in court for trial.

Justice Okeke subsequently asked the prosecution to state the conditions under which he thinks the defendants should be admitted to bail.
The prosecutor, Ernest Ezebilo, in response stated that for the sake of overriding public interest, the defendants should be released on bail to the Russian Ambassador in Nigeria, who will undertake to produce them as the need arises.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/6087-arms-importation-court-grants-15-russians-bail
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by inspirenet: 5:00am On Feb 26, 2013
smiley
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Blyss: 6:06am On Feb 26, 2013
Well this is no surprise. Nigeria is freaking loser azz nation.
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by brownlord: 10:09am On Feb 26, 2013
Why?
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by MadCow1: 10:10am On Feb 26, 2013
lol
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by pastie(m): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2013
I love nigeria
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2013
..LWKM. =)) =)) ABEG Oº°˚ ˚°º≈BRING M̶̲̥̅E TOOTH PICK LAFFº°˚ ˚°º≈DONE HANGº°˚ ˚°º≈ 4 M̶̲̥̅Y TEETH*NERD* º°˚EHH˚°º≈°˚ ˚°º≈°˚ ˚°º≈tongue º°˚˚°º≈=)) =)) =))

1 Like

Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by ITbomb(m): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2013
I don't under why people are surprised, u make peace and agreement by subtle show of power.
The Russians said , if you don't release them we would turn one of the nuke head towards Nigeria.
This is totally different from Nigeria's approach which , 'please release our citizens' .

1 Like

Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2013
=)) =)) laughing°˚ ˚°º≈inº°˚ ˚°º≈efikº°˚ ˚°º≈ibibioº°˚ ˚°º≈eyami ☺ º°˚ ˚°º≈=)) =)) =)) di se etighi mansang =)) =))
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Daluuzor(m): 10:12am On Feb 26, 2013
grin grin grin 9ja sucks, saw dis comin, knw 9ja will bulge. Russia get level na! U wan die!!!
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by GeJ79: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2013
THIS NAME 'NIGERIA' DON TOO SUFER.
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2013
☀. ☁☁☁☁☁☁
 =)) ˚°◦hahahaha <//>.
_\\_=))=DU mk me Laffº°˚=))=D˚°º≈i putº°˚ ˚=))=D°º≈CLOSE UP forº°˚ ˚ºmy expensive WHITE SOUP °˚ ˚°º≈=D=))=D
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 26, 2013
Lobatan! undecided
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by buoye1(m): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2013
Na naiJa 4 u
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by executinal(m): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2013
So you guys expect Naija to flex muscle with world power grin grin grin

Na beans to be world power??
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by iBukas: 10:16am On Feb 26, 2013
Oooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk na
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by danieslim(m): 10:16am On Feb 26, 2013
Nonsense
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by member5: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2013
[size=14pt]Please MODS why is ANTISPAMBOT blocking and banning accounts whenever I try to start a new thread|!

E DON TAYA ME OO
[/size]
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by theripper: 10:21am On Feb 26, 2013
I know se na mouth naija get. The way dem b dey usher in the russians into the truck sef after d court proceedings sef show fear. Some of the russians just dey overconfident. Naija sabi him mate sha.
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Symphony007: 10:25am On Feb 26, 2013
What sort of nonesense are some fools even saying here? Is'nt it the right of someone who has'nt been proven guilty to be granted bail at the pleasure of the judge? Does that in anyway signal the end of the case? Through out the cold war no single nuke was fired, not even to the most horrific nations on earth but some cows here are saying russia will nuke nigeria because of sailors? Do some folks here actually think before writing?

8 Likes

Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by dnawah(m): 10:29am On Feb 26, 2013
ITbomb: I don't under why people are surprised, u make peace and agreement by subtle show of power.
The Russians said , if you don't release them we would turn one of the nuke head towards Nigeria.
This is totally different from Nigeria's approach which , 'please release our citizens' .
u never hear say na fly way d hear na him,way no dey follow dead body go groundgringrin
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by hrmkz: 10:33am On Feb 26, 2013
Naija dey fear Russia invasion!

Diplomacy indeed!
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Ogbodavies(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2013
Something must have changed handz
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Mobsync(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2013
Rawbeach, they must NOT be allowed to go scot-free, later now, dem go ja go their countrysadsadsad
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by bestower: 10:37am On Feb 26, 2013
Nigeria is a great nation so also is russia federation,memorandum of understandin is btw the two nations so the law had spoken.
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by akatonero(m): 10:41am On Feb 26, 2013
I tot they hv re-branded Nigeria yet still fake
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 26, 2013
When i said that Nigeria lacked the swag to prosecute those Russians someone started asking for my head.
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by gramci: 10:42am On Feb 26, 2013
Symphony007: What sort of nonesense are some fools even saying here? Is'nt it the right of someone who has'nt been proven guilty to be granted bail at the pleasure of the judge? Does that in anyway signal the end of the case? Through out the cold war no single nuke was fired, not even to the most horrific nations on earth but some cows here are saying russia will nuke nigeria because of sailors? Do some folks here actually think before writing?

Its expected, so many fools now have access to the internet.

1 Like

Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by koolet: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2013
Hahaha naso Nigerian Navy i see una work btw ..Here i come 2 join U guyz may God perfect nd Grant Ma Request.. Holla click like if u re Planning Thesame
Re: 15 Russian Sailors Granted Bail by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 26, 2013
When i said that Nigeria lacked the swag to prosecute those Russians someone started asking for my head. Just a mere threat from the Russians you guys will just let them off the hook.

Had it been Nigerian sailors caught in Russia, would they be granted bail? you and i knows the answer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evidence Of 1000 Snipers revealed / Popular Ibadan Businessman, Mufu Lanihun, Dies At 69 / United States Disappointed With Buhari’s Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.