Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman (13633 Views)

Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / List Of Newly Elected PDP NWC Members / Ahmadu Ali Is The New PDP BoT Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by RoblesOg(m): 6:41am On Feb 26, 2013
s exclusively reported by LEADERSHIP on Sunday, Chief Tony Anenih in the early hours of today was unanimously elected Board of Trustees (BoT) chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a meeting of the party held at the Banquet hall of the presidential villa, Abuja.

His emergence as the PDP BoT chairman at the meeting which started at about 8.45pm and ended around 12.40am today morning confirms the report by this paper on Sunday that the second coming of Anenih, who is currently the chairman of the Board of Directors of the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) had received the blessings of most of the top members of the board who were earlier opposed to his choice.

Anenih emerged unopposed as a consensus candidate in accordance with the Prof Jerry Gana led committee report on streamlining the membership of the BOT. The meeting, held at the Banquet Hall of the State House, commenced at 8.45 and ended in the early hours of Tuesday.

Speaking to State House Correspondents, Anenih announced vehemently that the newly formed All Progressive Congress (APC) will collapse instead of constituting any threat to the PDP, adding that he was optimistic that the people behind the party will remain in the same position.

He contended that the same factors that had confined them to the opposition are still there and so PDP has nothing to worry about.

He said, "If you are building a house and you discover that some parts of the house are not standing well because the blocks are weak, you now go back to the same source to buy more blocks, the house will continue to be weak".

"The BoT is the conscience of the party, the body of elders, men with integrity, experience and honour. I will need a lot of support from the media and all stakeholders as we progress."

Asked to explain what he intends to do differently on his second coming as BoT chairman, Anenih said people learn more everyday. "I have grown further than the previous term I did as chairman. I have more friends and contacts now, I have more to contribute. The PDP is improving", he stated.

On the crisis in the party and how the BoT intends to intervene, Anenih said: "The party is big enough, and so their will be frictions. We are here to address all the issues and intervene as much as we can, while ensuring discipline within the party discipline. The restructuring of d BoT will bring forth better days for the party.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/48656/2013/02/26/anenih_emerges_pdp_bot_chair_says_apc_will_collapse.html

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by bibiking1(m): 7:35am On Feb 26, 2013
There is nothing more repulsively cyclical than Nigerian politics... We have found a perfect way to ensure the relevance and sustenance of aged crimino-politicians! There seems to be no legitimate space for the youths within the system anymore, hence the pseudo-moronic outlook people like Lie-Baran Manku and Ren O'Mockery have to adorn to gain any relevance. With the way things are, if Anenih can find a magic potion to live another 300years he will still have a key political position by 2313AD

23 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 26, 2013
"Obj: 1
Gej: 0"....By trillville (Jan 08)

"OBJ dribbles GEJ, passes to Ali and he scores!!! Game on"....By take dat (Jan 08)
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by ba7man(m): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "And some will say OBJ is no longer powerful. This man chaired PPPRA at the time the subsidy scam was on, never been prosecuted. The sons of the Chairman and the BOT Chairman both involved in the subsidy scam. PDP truly is the burden of this Nation; an association of thieves and killers"...take dat
That means you're not a fan of PDP but you support GEJ. Do you think he has the steel to sanitize that party?? I seriously doubt that.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by takedat(m): 8:06am On Feb 26, 2013
Jonathan's choice of Anenih only shows a president who is essentially driven by parochial and selfish considerations, mostly as part of his Machiavellian tactics towards self succession. He prefers a crime boss and thief-for-life to a man like Ekwueme with flawless vision and immaculate character! Now PDP's leadership is made up of father to a subsidy thief as chairman and a seasoned thief as the Board Of Thieves(BOT) chairman. This should leave no modicum of doubt that GEJ is nowhere close to tackling corruption, rather he is more interested in entrenching impunity, sustaining the legacy of waste and recycling tired brains and old wasted pilferers!

18 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by takedat(m): 8:30am On Feb 26, 2013
@Sincere9gerian, did I manufacture the news on Ali's appointment as chairman or I spiced up what was reported with a bit of truth, humor and sarcasm? The truth still remains that PDP is made of charlatans, liars, duplicitious and cruel politicians. The "handpicking" of Anenih, a political jobber whose history in public service is steeped in corruption by a party that prides itself as the biggest ruling party with internal democracy is a National disgrace and a shame to GEJ who wants to retain power by hook or crook! Since I know you as a stockholm syndrome defender of the status quo, I dare not say I am surprised by your antics!

15 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2013
Read @Gbawe...below spewing bile on this same issue (by the way I promised him then that I'll bookmark this post and I reproduce it at the appropriate time). The HATE in his post is palpable:

"If not that certain folks only do clannishness, then the part below is fairly obvious. Is it not clear the soul of the PDP is resistive to GEJ's treacherous ambitions even with all his machinations ? The man will destroy the PDP because he respects nothing and no one. Treachery personified. The pledge he made and is failing to adhere to has gained him a lot of disdain. People need to ask why GEJ's candidate , for PDP BOT chairman, was cast aside easily by a last minute entrant who is effectively the choice of the Governors and the Northerners in the Party who feel GEJ is a cheat and user who fails to keep to an agreement.

Has it not been enough time to resolve the "deadlock" and reconvene a BOT vote or is it that the President is afraid he will be disgraced again by a Party vehemently resistive to his highly unpopular and scantily supported ambition? Put to the vote, it is obvious GEJ's candidate will lose if the BOT election is repeated 50 times. That is the level of resistance GEJand his camp are now trying to smother with their ruse to buy time. They began their new assault with removing Oyinlola but yet still no joy".......By Gbawe ( 9:18am On Feb 09)
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by gregg2: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2013
No, Jonathan is clueless, weak, dull etc
Watch it, if Ameachi doesn't calm down he too will
be given the Temipre Silva's treatment.

@Poster, who indicted Anenih? pls amend the title of your post.
I know, it is the custom of Nigerians to categorise everyone that has
handled political office as a thief.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by iykak47: 8:52am On Feb 26, 2013
take dat: Jonathan's choice of Anenih only shows a president who is essentially driven by parochial and selfish considerations, mostly as part of his Machiavellian tactics towards self succession. He prefers a crime boss and thief-for-life to a man like Ekwueme with flawless vision and immaculate character! Now PDP's leadership is made up of father to a subsidy thief as chairman and a seasoned thief as the BOT chairman. This should leave no modicum of doubt that GEJ is nowhere close to tackling corruption, rather he is more interested in entrenching impunity, sustaining the legacy of waste and recycling tired brains and old wasted pilferers!

''Gej is clueless, d'aft, dull'' but the guy keep having his way. Underrate any Nigerian president at your own peril. When it was first falsely reported that Ahmadu Ali(Obj's man) has emerged as pdp bot chairman you said Obj 1 Gej 0. With this new report bros pls what is the scoreline? I dey laugh gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 26, 2013
Gbagbe Oshi! Shey mo jo omo PDP...

Abi otifa Igbana undecided...

APC All the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay grin

9 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by truth4meal(m): 9:21am On Feb 26, 2013
Wetin concern me concern PDP BOT chairman? They will def pick a thief among the thieves that abound in the party...Congrat Anenih as you chair over the BOT of the party that is a known problem of Nigeria...Congrat GEJ as your desperation to hold on beyond 2015 is yielding results. Congrat Nigeria as we are about to be free frm the shackles called PDP!!!

7 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by awodman: 9:23am On Feb 26, 2013
ba7man: That means you're not a fan of PDP but you support GEJ. Do you think he has the steel to sanitize that party?? I seriously doubt that.
I have watched ur posts ƒσя some time and noticed that you aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ not among the naysayers but is some1 who genuinely wants a positive change I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ his country..but having seen govt break their promises more often than they even make it..U̶̲̥̅̊ become very cynical cos of this huge trust deficit..but I wanna assure U̶̲̥̅̊ that your worst fears won't be confirmed

1 Like

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Gbawe: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2013
@Insincere9gerian.

You are such a dumb mumu. Did you not notice this part at all you twisted olodo:

At the end of a late night meeting at the presidential villa, which stretched into the early hours of Tuesday, party leaders presented Mr. Anenih, a former Minister of Works, to journalists as having emerged BOT chair by consensus.

It shows your lack of character you are will to support all this dictatorial actions that is the only way the failed power-drunk dictator in Aso Rock could achieve his vehemently resisted agenda. From now on, I expect GEJ will not put a single thing to the democratic vote. You really are a repellent idiot in your personality-centred outlook which makes you condone anything however nauseating and regressive. Empower Ministers over governors, Akpabio new chairman of PDP governors forum, factions everywhere, divisions everywhere, bad blood everywhere, seven year single tenure plus a President touting first refusal thereby bypassing primaries he is sure to lose are all the desperate acts of a man who is losing the entire universe with his condemnable antics.

You are too foolish to note that this man is ready to destroy every structure and damage fundamental considerations to get his way. I laugh when I see you egging on your messiah's desperate, dictatorial and totally "do or die" antics as if the man has carried the day. All that this tells me is that you are simply a very excitable, childish individual and hero-worshipper.

Let me tell you this now. Don't play the victim when the fightback against GEJ comes. We all know he is not playing with boys scout and we are all witnessing his desperate and bullying antics live. It will be good if people like you don't start crying like babies when the fightback begin in any form since GEJ has throw down the gauntlet.

Nothing I hate more than people who go looking for trouble yet cry and whimper when they get it. Too many times we have seen you brainless dolts proclaiming GEJ the victim . Now everyone can see what he is doing. He has bypassed his job of leading Nigeria to focus on the dictatorial and bullying use of his office. You are supporting the ridiculous throwback antics of a man no longer willing to test his own popularity and thus showing lucidly to the world he is no democrat at all. He does not "give a damn" that the entire world will perceive him as the sort Africa no longer needs or deserve who is happy to pervert every process for selfish ends in proving again we have not gotten rid of the quintessential "sit-tight" despots Africa is famous for .

Unlike the simpleton you are, I don't make conclusions till the fat lady has sung. I will only say that you and your ilk should kindly leave the forum, rather than come here and cry as you normally do, when some start their approach of fighting fire with fire.

15 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by takedat(m): 9:27am On Feb 26, 2013
iykak47: ''Gej is clueless, d'aft, dull'' but the guy keep having his way. Underrate any Nigerian president at your own peril. When it was first falsely reported that Ahmadu Ali(Obj's man) has emerged as pdp bot chairman you said Obj 1 Gej 0. With this new report bros pls what is the scoreline? I dey laugh gringrin
If this is going to make your day, the new scoreline is:
GEJ 1
Nigeria 0.
Are we to gloat over the troubling knowledge that the president handpicked an unrepentant bandit and a super dead brain who once spilled undemocratic nonsense in support of OBJ's tenure elongation as the Board of Thieves chairman? Even with the magnitude of exploitation and oppression, some still see this news as a good thing! The folly of 200million mumu's!

6 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by brownlord: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2013
Due to the recent merger of the ACN, CPC, APGA and ANPP, we just got information that due to the recent election which brought Sir Tony Annenih as the new PDP BOT chairman, PDP has concluded plan to merge with INEC, the pdp executives are already holding talks with INEC for succeesful merger, PDP, power to the polithiefcians

11 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by allout: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2013
Damnit! Anenih again?

Incumbency thingz! lipsrsealed APC got their work cut out for them no doubt!

Is Anenih even still relevant in the scheme of things? Apart from providing occultic-father-figure support, whats his relevance in modern day politics?

Person wey nor fit deliver Edo state to PDP! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by konn: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2013
BOT (BOARD OF THIEVES)

5 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by ypzilanti: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2013
Fresh AIR!
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by hrmkz: 9:32am On Feb 26, 2013
PDP ..... Idea is miss.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by solopumpy227: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2013
Oga Reno stop debating yourself what happened will not surprise any intelligent follower at all. This can as well be achieved by a ward Chancellor without qualms.. The political space is chocking-up and Oga Jonathan needed to take decisive, albeit, undemocratic steps to secure his political future. We all know Akpabio was imposeed on PDP Govs, just, by announcement of the Party leadership. We also know Anenih was imposeed in the same manner. That is not victory for Jonathan (over OBJ as you wish). On the contrary Jonathan has, probably, just won the battle and may loose the war latter. He has been forced to play his Jokers. All oppositions to his 2nd term now know (too early) they cant win him within PDP and its left for them to choose if/how and where to fight him. You can force a horse to the river but you can force the water down its throat. The ultimate power of a Leader is the one, voluntarily, bestowed by the followers not victory by announcement and suppression.

Let me educate you on how your Master can achieve a true victory over OBJ and others:
1. Let all the Northern Govs start showing open allegiance to him and supports for his course
2. Let his choice Gov become the Head of the NGF first showing the world how popular he is
3. Let the general public opinion about him as a failure change into a new song

OBJ sowed these same seeds before and he is still reaping the bitter fruits till tomorrow. Your master could have his way in PDP but the bigger picture doesnt show he would have his way in 2015. The votes he had in the North in 2011 were 'bought' by the indefatigable Northern Govs that are now his sworn enemies. The only way he can have votes in the south-west again is to become people's President overnight. On the other note if Jonathan's plan is to become the last Nigerian President I think the plan is working well.

9 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by theripper: 9:35am On Feb 26, 2013
Dis man looks too old na. Haba.

2 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Scarpon(m): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2013
at that age that man should have been retired and do some other things
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2013
same ol,same old,the game changes but the players remain the same
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by KokoBeware: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2013
]Unlike the simpleton you are, I don't make conclusions till the fat lady has sung. I will only say that you and your ilk should kindly leave the forum, rather than come here and cry as you normally do, when some start their approach of fighting fire with fire.

But in your earlier post pasted by sincere9geria u had already concluded that even if its done 50 times GEJ's man will lose.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by kkkp: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy :DDis movie is gettin interesting
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by farem: 9:40am On Feb 26, 2013
P D P has finally been B-Ough-T!
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Now why are the moderators hiding my post? None of those post is abusive or unrelated to the topic. So why hide my post? What is wrong in reminding some persons what they posted in the past on this same issue?

Now this bias is taking a DANGEROUS dimension.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by tarryT(m): 9:40am On Feb 26, 2013
take dat: Jonathan's choice of Anenih only shows a president who is essentially driven by parochial and selfish considerations, mostly as part of his Machiavellian tactics towards self succession. He prefers a crime boss and thief-for-life to a man like Ekwueme with flawless vision and immaculate character! Now PDP's leadership is made up of father to a subsidy thief as chairman and a seasoned thief as the Board Of Thieves(BOT) chairman. This should leave no modicum of doubt that GEJ is nowhere close to tackling corruption, rather he is more interested in entrenching impunity, sustaining the legacy of waste and recycling tired brains and old wasted pilferers!

Hmmmmmm! Am supriced the one whom the fo()ls gang brands as the retardeen or clueless "choice" can become the BOT chairman of Africa's largest party, PDP. And some foo!s are already manifesting their in-born madness.. May i be as "clueless" like Jonathan...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Senate Seat Turns A Retirement Home Of Ex-governors / Ikpeazu At Ossy Prestige's Service Of Songs (Photos) / Ugwuanyi Signs Anti-Open Grazing Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.