Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye (14155 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2013
RCCG Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 26 February 2013 MOVE YOUR SPOUSE ALONG by Pastor E. A. Adeboye

MEMORISE: We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Romans 15
Read: Job 2:8-10
KEY POINT: In ministry, if you relegate your wife to the background, all in the name of being head, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

It is not everyone who starts a race that reaches the finishing line, no matter how skilful they may be. 1 Corinthians 9:24 says, "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain” The race we are called to run is a peculiar one, hence Ecclesiastes 9:11 says the race will not necessarily be won by the fastest, nor the battle won by the one adjudged the strongest. Why is it that one way or another some people will fall by the way side? It is because that is Satan's special assignment.

There are certain ways the devil could get a Heaven- bound believer to derail from his trip. It could be through one's spouse or partner. In Genesis 16:1-3, Abraham got into big trouble when he took the counsel of his wife. Today, the problem we are having in the world between the Muslims and the Christians is as a result of that advice. Before accepting an advice from your partner, cross check it with the Word of God. This is why ministers of the Gospel must encourage their wives to grow spiritually as they move up the ecclesiastical ladder; otherwise, they can become a drag on them. When a pastor is going up but fails to carry his wife along, the day he crashes, he will find himself at the level his wife is. As righteous and God-fearing as Job was, he could not carry his wife along. The aftermath was that when he was going through his trial, instead of encouragement, his wife discouraged him, advised him to curse God so that when God kills him, she will be free to marry someone else. That was the level Job left her. Thank God he did not heed the evil advice of his wife. Beloved, this simply shows that your true level is that of your wife. Take time to work on her prayerfully, patiently with everything you can use to motivate her to climb up the spiritual ladder. If you can do this, if you crash, she will help you up.

http://earlydigest..com/2013/02/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-tuesday-26.html

22 Likes

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by Roland17(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
^^^ OP means original poster, you are the first to make a comment on the post by the OP..

I hope u are happy now, u can celebrate with Alamo bitters..mtchwwwwww angry

dey there dey celebrate first to comment, your mates dey celebrate first car, first house

3 Likes

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by IleIfe2(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
ok
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by Ejine(m): 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
For some weird reason, I misread the title of this thread as "Pass Your Spouse Around".

3 Likes

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by ichidodo: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
O.K
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by creativemusic: 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by sayso: 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
hidden wisdom
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by samm(m): 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ejiné: For some weird reason, I misread the title of this thread as "Pass Your Spouse Around".

grin Oya, clean your mind.
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by Abirisegun(m): 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
I misunderstood d title, I tought G.O meant keep ur "date","fiance","love"... In touch with you. I mean let him/her know what you are up to while on the way to the 'Alter'.
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
Why is this on the front page

1 Like

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by gluv01(f): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
Welldone sir!!!
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
moderators, its hight time you start hiding posts like this, its not only derailing the thread but making it boring to read through.
This is a topic I genuinely read thru to because its educating, but these comments are not just silly but ridiculous and naive

2 Likes

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by OmoAlata(f): 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sexism in the church. Why does it have to be the man who is spiritually strong and the wife weak? Why can't it be the other way round?

Wives, please carry your husbands along grin

1 Like

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
As righteous and God-fearing as Job was, he could not carry his wife along. The aftermath was that when he was going through his trial, instead of encouragement, his wife discouraged him, advised him to curse God so that when God kills him, she will be free to marry someone else. That was the level Job left her. Thank God he did not heed the evil advice of his wife. Beloved, this simply shows that your true level is that of your wife. Take time to work on her prayerfully, patiently with everything you can use to motivate her to climb up the spiritual ladder. If you can do this, if you crash, she will help you up.

4 Likes

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by doctokwus: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
pDude: Why is this on the front page
It seems u av not bn visiting d Fp of recent;u wud cover ur head in shame @ d utterly meaningless topics dat av bn littering d fp of recent
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by vislabraye(m): 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Omo Alata: Sexism in the church. Why does it have to be the man who is spiritually strong and the wife weak? Why can't it be the other way round?

Wives, please carry your husbands along grin

Wife could be stronger. But I don't think you would want to marry a husband you're stronger than.
Sexism in the church? The 12 apostles/disciples Jesus chose how many of them were women?
Jesus had women in his ministry but what roles did they play in comparism with the male.

History has shown us time and time again how women influenced their husbands negatively and it led to disaster.
Adam, Ahab, Sarah, almost Job. Should we even talk about Samson? The only woman who was wiser than her husband was the wife of Nabal.
So there's a lot of point in what the pastor is saying.

2 Likes

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by mosquitoNet(m): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
pDude: Why is this on the front page
ask google. And today aint even sunday yet. angry
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by Buthupogon(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
God bless the poster of this thread. I've been looking for online links to the e-Open heavens. I've really missed it. GBU once again. Shalom!
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by dasparrow: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
vislabraye:

Wife could be stronger. But I don't think you would want to marry a husband you're stronger than.
Sexism in the church? The 12 apostles/disciples Jesus chose how many of them were women?
Jesus had women in his ministry but what roles did they play in comparism with the male.

History has shown us time and time again how women influenced their husbands negatively and it led to disaster.
Adam, Ahab, Sarah, almost Job. Should we even talk about Samson? The only woman who was wiser than her husband was the wife of Nabal.
So there's a lot of point in what the pastor is saying.

Since you know that women influence their husbands negatively, I do hope you never get married to a woman because that will make you a bloody hypocrite as far as I am concerned.

Typical rantings of a chauvinist!
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by Kingmosquito(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
Buthupogon: God bless the poster of this thread. I've been looking for online links to the e-Open heavens. I've really missed it. GBU once again. Shalom!
....tank God o
Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by emdidy: 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
dasparrow:

Since you know that women influence their husbands negatively, I do hope you never get married to a woman because that will make you a bloody hypocrite as far as I am concerned.

Typical rantings of a chauvinist!
Wil u sharrap dia! Wen u dnt undaztnd wot sum1 sayz why dnt u jez kip ur mouth shut. Read d post again n re-comment...smh

1 Like

Re: Move Your Spouse Along By Pastor Adeboye by tailor(m): 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
,i love that sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibiyeomie: Joblessness Is Not Caused By Devil. It's Caused By Lack Of Integrity / Info About Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria / What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.