Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? (815 Views)

Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
Why is Nigeria, like most of Africa in SUCH AN APPALING STATE and no one cares!?
Look.

Slavery and colonization hundreds of years of oppression, caused many problems.

BUT NOW THE MAIN PROBLEM IS CORRUPTION / POOR GOVERNMENT - nigerian senators get paid 250 million naira a year, the equivalent of 1 million pounds.

People say, "Oh Nigeria is a new country you can't blame them" - it has been over 50 years!!!!

I am not saying they should be UK standard, but they used to have their own airlines, they had 24/7 electricity etc... but they don't have that anymore, they have poor infrastructure, dirty place, no roads, no electricity, no good education, no health care, appalling security - Nigeria is a country with so much potential but has become SO USLESS.

Even the younger generation are bad - can you believe I asked my cousin who lives in Nigeria, whether he wants to help change Nigeria and they BOTH SAID they want to be politicians, not to improve the country - but to steal money. One was kinder though, he said if he got 10 million he would steal 2 million and use 8 million, unlike the Nigerians of today who steal 8 million and use 2 million.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? by Abagworo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
I dey laugh o.
Re: Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? by tpia5: 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
do you need a nigerian boyfriend or something. . . . . . . . ..

i'm sure all this drama will reduce when you get one. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 27, 2013
The op's madness nor get grade oooo.... grin grin grin

What's your point?
Re: Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? by 419forlife: 12:42am On Mar 05, 2013
TRIBES
Re: Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? by 419forlife: 12:42am On Mar 05, 2013
grin som dem move out to europe i go fund dem

(1) (Reply)

People Sleeping In The Bus During Travels / Northern Nigerians / Lets Take It Back To The Root

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.