Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) (1162 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / 10 Questions For Theists / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
An atheist can not be an evangelist. Anyone who tags you or any atheist as an "evangelist atheist" is an ignorant person.

Would you call a person who says that there is no reason to believe in santa clause every christmas an "evangelist A-santa clausist"?
Would you call a person who says that there is no reason to believe in the toot fairy an "evangelist A-tooth fairyist"?

1) A person can not be evangelistic about facts. If I go around telling people that British meat contains a lot of horse meat with evidence, it makes me a whistle blower or a factual person but not an evangelist

2) A person can not be evangelistic about a negative. Atheism is a negative- there is no reason to believe in god. I dont believe in god. You can only be evangelistic about a cause or a belief- neither of which atheism is. If someone tells you that atheism is either, ask the person;

-how is atheism a cause? What is the atheist cause? No answer
-what does atheism tell you to believe in? What is an atheist belief? If the person tries to say that disbelief in God is a belief, tell the ignorant person that disbelief in santa clause is a belief or a faith. That would shut him or her up.

Evangelism is a christian term that made it into common usage. Calling atheists "evangelists" is nothing short of projection out of desperation to attack atheist or fear of atheism/disbelief growing.

Definitions of Evangelism;

Wiki
Evangelism is the preaching of the Christian Gospel or the practice of relaying information about a particular set of beliefs to others with the object of conversion.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelism

Oxford diictionary
noun
[mass noun]
the spreading of the Christian gospel by public preaching or personal witness.
zealous advocacy or support of a particular cause:
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/evangelism?q=evangelism

If promotin or advertising a product or a service (like coke or airline) is not evangelism, I wonder how debating, discussing and promoting atheism is evangelism......coke, flights and atheism are not beliefs.

The next time you say that an atheist is an evangelist atheist, do not be surprised when you are labelled as an ignorant person in derision. smiley
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
^^^

Story! Story!!

Your cause is to see religion exterminated! As long as you and your peeps have this cause, your unofficial title (Evangelical Atheists) is well earned. You should be proud of your unofficial title. tongue
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Paschal007: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ok thanks for the evangelism. smiley
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03: An atheist can not be an evangelist. Anyone who tags you or any atheist as an "evangelist atheist" is an ignorant person.

Would you call a person who says that there is no reason to believe in santa clause every christmas an "evangelist A-santa clausist"?
Would you call a person who says that there is no reason to believe in the toot fairy an "evangelist A-tooth fairyist"?

1) A person can not be evangelistic about facts. If I go around telling people that British meat contains a lot of horse meat with evidence, it makes me a whistle blower or a factual person but not an evangelist

2) A person can not be evangelistic about a negative. Atheism is a negative- there is no reason to believe in god. I dont believe in god. You can only be evangelistic about a cause or a belief- neither of which atheism is. If someone tells you that atheism is either, ask the person;

-what does atheism tell you to believe in? What is an atheist belief? If the person tries to say that disbelief in God is a belief, tell the ignorant person that disbelief in santa clause is a belief or a faith. That would shut him or her up.

Evangelism is a christian term that made it into common usage. Calling atheists "evangelists" is nothing short of projection out of desperation to attack atheist or fear of atheism/disbelief growing.

Definitions of Evangelism;

Wiki
Evangelism is the preaching of the Christian Gospel or the practice of relaying information about a particular set of beliefs to others with the object of conversion.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelism

Oxford diictionary
noun
[mass noun]

If promotin or advertising a product or a service (like coke or airline) is not evangelism, I wonder how debating, discussing and promoting atheism is evangelism......coke, flights and atheism are not beliefs.

The next time you say that an atheist is an evangelist atheist, do not be surprised when you are labelled as an ignorant person in derision. smiley
Though you recently said u're getting a life and dropping this BS sucking life. Why return to ur vomit? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked https://www.nairaland.com/1203426/logicboy-goes-bigger-things-pic
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
striktlymi: ^^^

Story! Story!!

Your cause is to see religion exterminated! As long as you and your peeps have this cause, your unofficial title (Evangelical Atheists) is well earned. You should be proud of your unofficial title. tongue

^^^
Here, we have specimen A.

This specimen is known as Christianius ad Ignorantum (an Ignorant Christian)

-Notice that the christian dismissed all logic in the article presented to him. This is an evolutionary instinct of an ignorant christian. They do this so that their christian faith can survive. They have to avoid all logic that causes problems for their faith.

-Notice that the ignorant christian told the lie that atheists want the destruction of all religion. This is what we call a mild case of persecution complex in clinical psychology. The ignorant christian protects himself from all criticism f his religion by living in a delusion hat tells him that atheists and ubelievers want to destroy his religion.

*Note that there are religious atheist- they have a religion but do not believe in god eg Buddhst atheist. Also, there are atheist, infact a majority who live well with secular christians.
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
Paschal007: Ok thanks for the evangelism. smiley

Here we have Specimen B; A troll.

I would like to investigate this specie with you but it would make its antagonistic behavior come out. Do not feed the troll
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: Though you recently said u're getting a life and dropping this BS sucking life. Why return to ur vomit? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked https://www.nairaland.com/1203426/logicboy-goes-bigger-things-pic

Here we have another specimen A (Christianus ad ignorantium) The ignorant christian

-This specimen exhibits a similar but slightly different behavior. It engages in straw men and obfuscation. It doesnt address the topic at hand in order to avoid addressing an issue challenging its position. It puts forward an irrelevant topic that doesnt help its cause.
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Here we have another specimen A (Christianus ad ignorantium) The ignorant christian

-This specimen exhibits a similar but slightly different behavior. It engages in straw men and obfuscation. It doesnt address the topic at hand in order to avoid addressing an issue challenging its position. It puts forward an irrelevant topic that doesnt help its cause.
buhahahahaha. Guy get a life. You spend too much time on the internet. Do you get a 'hard on' on NL? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: buhahahahaha. Guy get a life. You spend too much time on the internet. Do you get a 'hard on' on NL? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

-This specimen has now exhibited one of the most antagonistic behaviors of such species. Trolling. Alert! Do not feed the troll!
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

-This specimen has now exhibited one of the most antagonistic behaviors of such species. Trolling. Alert! Do not feed the troll!
looooooooool.
Lets play the game

Definition of evangelism on google gave me this
/iˈvanjəˌlizəm/
Noun
Zealous advocacy of a cause
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: looooooooool.
Lets play the game

Definition of evangelism on google gave me this
/iˈvanjəˌlizəm/
Noun
Zealous advocacy of a cause

I see that you read selectively

Logicboy03:

Oxford diictionary
noun
[mass noun]

Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

I see that you read selectively

What are you doing on NL?
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Paschal007: 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Here we have Specimen B; A troll.

I would like to investigate this specie with you but it would make its antagonistic behavior come out. Do not feed the troll
Lol seriously am not trolling you. If there is anything like evangelical atheist, you are a perfect example.
e·van·ge·lism - /iˈvanjəˌlizəm/
Noun:
1. The spreading of the Christian gospel by preaching or personal witness
2. Zealous advocacy of a cause
We all know how Zealous your advocacy for atheism is. Don't deny the obvious.embarassed
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: What are you doing on NL?

Selectively reading again. Did I say that I will leave NL?

I must ask, do you love playing the fool? Are you not wiser than this, old man?
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

^^^
Here, we have specimen A.

This specimen is known as Christianius ad Ignorantum (an Ignorant Christian)

-Notice that the christian dismissed all logic in the article presented to him. This is an evolutionary instinct of an ignorant christian. They do this so that their christian faith can survive. They have to avoid all logic that causes problems for their faith.

-Notice that the ignorant christian told the lie that atheists want the destruction of all religion. This is what we call a mild case of persecution complex in clinical psychology. The ignorant christian protects himself from all criticism f his religion by living in a delusion hat tells him that atheists and ubelievers want to destroy his religion.

*Note that there are religious atheist- they have a religion but do not believe in god eg Buddhst atheist. Also, there are atheist, infact a majority who live well with secular christians.

I keep wondering why I have to explain simple things to Atheists who claim to be logical...okay, I will do it again!

First of, you asked two questions:

Logicboy03:
-how is atheism a cause? What is the atheist cause?

And gave the following false response:

Logicboy03:
No answer

The reason for the questions is very clear. If it can be shown that the Atheist who is accused of being 'evangelical' has a cause then the assertion that some Atheists are 'evangelical' can be proven to hold true for some Atheists.

Now, for the avoidance of doubt, an evangelists can be any of the following:

Definition of evangelist

noun

1)
a) person who seeks to convert others to the Christian faith, especially by public preaching:
an American television evangelist

b) a layperson engaged in Christian missionary work

c) a zealous advocate of a particular cause

2the writer of one of the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John):

From definition 1c, it is very clear that one who pursues a particular cause can be tagged an evangelist.

You and your cohort fight against religion and take it as your cause to see people leave religion and as such your title is well earned as I said earlier.
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Selectively reading again. Did I say that I will leave NL?

I must ask, do you love playing the fool? Are you not wiser than this, old man?
Shut up and Answer my question. My question is in response to this thread title (An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists)

What are u doing on NL. Answer and stop acting like a coward
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2013
Paschal007: Lol seriously am not trolling you. If there is anything like evangelical atheist, you are a perfect example. We all know how Zealous your advocacy for atheism is. Don't deny the obvious.embarassed

Atheism is not a cause.

You have never seen me on the street preaching and neither do I have as much threads as Frosbel, Tbaba, Goshen and co. Note that these have never been called "evangelical christians" or Evangelical muslims

NEXT!
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
striktlymi:

I keep wondering why I have to explain simple things to Atheists who claim to be logical...okay, I will do it again!

The reason for the questions is very clear. If it can be shown that the Atheist who is accused of being 'evangelical' has a cause then the assertion that some Atheists are 'evangelical' can be proven to hold true for some Atheists.

Definition of evangelist

noun

1)
a) person who seeks to convert others to the Christian faith, especially by public preaching:

From definition 1c, it is very clear that one who pursues a particular cause can be tagged an evangelist.

You and your cohort fight against religion and take it as your cause to see people leave religion and as such your title is well earned as I said earlier.
Very nice response. Logicboy is so idle and believes thread proliferation on NL would help his cause on the internet
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheism is not a cause.

You have never seen me on the street preaching and neither do I have as much threads as Frosbel, Tbaba, Goshen and co. Note that these have never been called "evangelical christians" or Evangelical muslims

NEXT!
Is preaching or advocacy only done on the street? What a very poor logic smh 30000000000000000000000000000000000 times

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: Shut up and Answer my question. My question is in response to this thread title (An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists)

What are u doing on NL. Answer and stop acting like a coward

Debating theists, discussing with other atheists and arguing for atheism.

If that makes me an evangelical atheist, you must be an ignorant person because that is the same as what any other person on nairaland does with his interests.

-christians debate with other christians and other religionists and also praise christianity
-motor freaks talk about their favourite cars and debate with others and also praise their cars for the machines they are.
-Conputer geeks do the same.

The difference is that atheism is not a religion or a cause that one can be evangelistic about.

But you will be foolish and ignore the facts. Am I right? smiley

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: Is preaching or advocacy only done on the street? What a very poor logic smh 30000000000000000000000000000000000 times

How did you get there from my comment?

Do you enjoy playing lies and straw men?

Logicboy03:

Atheism is not a cause.

NEXT!
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Definition of evangelist

noun

1)

1) You overlooked definition A and definition B. Do you know that evangelising is normally only applied to christianity? It is only contemporary usage of the word by christians to relate to other religions that made it into definition C

2) Definition C

At this point in time, I can say that you are delusional and dubious. You have selectively read out the part in the op and numerous times that I said that atheism is not a cause hence definition C can not apply
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Debating theists, discussing with other atheists and arguing for atheism.

If that makes me an evangelical atheist, you must be an ignorant person because that is the same as what any other person on nairaland does with his interests.

-christians debate with other christians and other religionists and also praise christianity
-motor freaks talk about their favourite cars and debate with others and also praise their cars for the machines they are.
-Conputer geeks do the same.

The difference is that atheism is not a religion or a cause that one can be evangelistic about.

But you will be foolish and ignore the facts. Am I right? smiley
I thought you have a brain. 'arguing for atheism' by telling people daily with atleast one post not to believe in any god cause they dont exist and that atheism liberates them not so? You probably need to look up the definition of a 'cause' and 'zealousness' at the same time. Afterwards, come back here for me to educate u about what u do with ur life on NL on a daily basis. Mtcheeeeew
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

How did you get there from my comment?

Do you enjoy playing lies and straw men?

You're simply acting like someone that cant reason. within the context of this discourse, u are simply exonerating urself or (trying to) from any form of evangelism, hence the statement 'You have never seen me on the street preaching'. On a good day, what do evangelist do? Do some evangelists go on the street to preach or not?

Guy we are no fools here and if you simply dont understand 'English" well before you type, then desist from typing what seems ambiguous to you. Smh
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: I thought you have a brain. 'arguing for atheism' by telling people daily with atleast one post not to believe in any god cause they dont exist and that atheism liberates them not so? You probably need to look up the definition of a 'cause' and 'zealousness' at the same time. Afterwards, come back here for me to educate u about what u do with ur life on NL on a daily basis. Mtcheeeeew

You find atheism to be a cause? You must seriously be brain damaged? When we say "cause" in this case, it normally means a "movement" or some advocasy for some law. That is not atheism- atheism is only a disbelief.

Arguing for something on a faceless forum is neither evangelism nor zealotry. Frosbel and co that engage in activities for their respective churches are not zealous. Frosbel and Tbaba that have much more threads than me are not zealous or evangelist? All I do is argue on Nairaland and I am zealous?

You must really wear tinted glasses and a dunce hat
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) You overlooked definition A and definition B. Do you know that evangelising is normally only applied to christianity? It is only contemporary usage of the word by christians to relate to other religions that made it into definition C

You of all people shouldn't use the above to try and defend your position. It is common knowledge that some English words can have several meanings which are based on usage.

The development of a word has no place in your argument. You quoted from the oxford dictionary and still complain when we use the same dictionary to prove our case?

Logicboy03:
2) Definition C

At this point in time, I can say that you are delusional and dubious. You have selectively read out the part in the op and numerous times that I said that atheism is not a cause hence definition C can not apply

Who is delusional? The Atheist who claims that he does not have a cause when it is very obvious he does or the Theist who points out this fact?
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: You're simply acting like someone that cant reason. within the context of this discourse, u are simply exonerating urself or (trying to) from any form of evangelism, hence the statement 'You have never seen me on the street preaching'. On a good day, what do evangelist do? Do some evangelists go on the street to preach or not?

Guy we are no fools here and if you simply dont understand 'English" well before you type, then desist from typing what seems ambiguous to you. Smh

Go back to my comment and see why I bolded "only" in your quote. Evangelism is done in buses, malls, markets. I mention street preaching and then you immediately claim that I mean that evangelism can only be done on the streets.

You have grammar problem son
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Go back to my comment and see why I bolded "only" in your quote. Evangelism is done in buses, malls, markets. I mention street preaching and then you immediately claim that I mean that evangelism can only be done on the streets.

You have grammar problem son
Just abide by the advise i gave above. If something is too difficult for you to comprehend, just steer clear. You're simply trying to uplift your position of not wanting to be called an evangelist. simple. Whether you accept that or not, its your headache. You have a repution of being silly at times.

Evangelism can be done anywhere. Get that into ur thick head
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
striktlymi:

You of all people shouldn't use the above to try and defend your position. It is common knowledge that some English words can have several meanings which are based on usage.

The development of a word has no place in your argument. You quoted from the oxford dictionary and still complain when we use the same dictionary to prove our case?

I simply gave you a history lesson on your ignorance of the christian term. What I said was factual. The irony was that I put defintion C there before you. I wonder how you can complain that I am somehow complaining or fighting the dictionary.

striktlymi:

Who is delusional? The Atheist who claims that he does not have a cause when it is very obvious he does or the Theist who points out this fact?

Atheism is not a cause. All this remixing of grammar does not help you. Everyone has a cause. I have a cause but that cause is not atheism. Atheism can not be a cause.

You keep failing grin
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
toba: Just abide by the advise i gave above. If something is too difficult for you to comprehend, just steer clear. You're simply trying to uplift you position of not wanting to be called an evangelist. simple. Whether you accept that or not, its your headache. You have a repution of being silly at times.

Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

I simply gave you a history lesson on your ignorance of the christian term. What I said was factual. The irony was that I put defintion C there before you. I wonder how you can complain that I am somehow complaining or fighting the dictionary.

Atheism is not a cause. All this remixing of grammar does not help you. Everyone has a cause. I have a cause but that cause is not atheism. Atheism can not be a cause.

You keep failing grin

If this is your logic then enjoy your thread!

PS: You do need a name change: logic seem not to go well with you!
Re: An Atheist Can Not Be An Evangelist atheist (A Lesson In Logic For Theists) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

You find atheism to be a cause?
You really want to embarrass yourself. Your own kind of atheism is a cause.
You must seriously be brain damaged?
Im sure this comment is not a question but you've ignorantly added a question mark. sign of brain damage. lol.
When we say "cause" in this case, it normally means a "movement" or some advocasy for some law. That is not atheism- atheism is only a disbelief.
Shut up. Im specifically talking about Logicboy and what logicboy represents on NL. Your own kind of atheism is a cause and a movement. You said that and you've always acted it.

Arguing for something on a faceless forum is neither evangelism nor zealotry.
NO. Yours is simply beyond arguing. you want pple to become atheist by convincing them zealoussly and name calling as well as through insult
Frosbel and co that engage in activities for their respective churches are not zealous. Frosbel and Tbaba that have much more threads than me are not zealous or evangelist?
How does this change the fact that you're an evangelist based on ur character?
All I do is argue on Nairaland and I am zealous?
No Thats not true. Do u want people to become atheist or not?

You must really wear tinted glasses and a dunce hat

Not at all. young man. Read well before responding this time, if not you'll be guilty of what u're accusing another of being.

If you want me to educate u on what a cause is, i'll be glad to do so

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Christians Are Illiterates. / Goshen360's Exposition On Hebrew 7: Abraham's Tithing Is Not For NT Believers / Is It Gods Desire For Us To Be Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.