Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Idols Is Back! (East Africa) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Idols Is Back! (East Africa) (17652 Views)

Mercy Emerges Winner Of Nigerian Idols 2012 / Celebrities At Nigerian Idols Premiere Episode Screening / Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by ladybam(f): 12:00am On Jun 20, 2008
the funniest thing about this Cynthia girl is that everyone complains about her,but at the end, she does'nt even get near the bottom three.two things;its either a miracle or its magic.but if Cynthia shines her way through one more time,then no one should be suprised if she wins this competition.
for the rest of the six,ROCK ON but TRINAH ROCKS MORE for moi
TRINAH FOREVER,
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by ladybam(f): 1:32am On Jun 20, 2008
'Cynthia me' is no longer part of the competition.because as far as I am concerned,this is the TOP SIX.so concentrate on our top six idols
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2008
kaydee i dey o!

i don tell LC say i no watch again

after samantha did me proud , apparently africa voted her out Haba
i dont think i can suffer another show
even Beamer cannot comment again shocked

my favs are trinah, sammie and nicolette and maybe eric
adiona hasnt gotten her groove on, yet undecided

LC,
e be like say you get sometin for 'yellow' girls if u're not with them, ur rooting for them hmm[s][/s]

Abeg,
i cant watch any show right now but please ppl send me links of 'spectacular' performances so i can watch it live
the internet speed here is wicked!!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by kaydee(m): 4:11am On Jun 23, 2008
@ Salsera

It ain't that bad! Where U @?
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2008
kaydee

its that bad,
i cant go through anoda jerrilyngate
i no get energy
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Beamer: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2008
I beat LC to it, with this review, but will still wait for his review,

The Top Seven Show

Welcome to the Idols Top Seven or the Idols-Top-Six-and-One-Other as some people have claimed. You know one of the advantages of Cynthia being on this show, is that it has made many people realize the value of the MUTE button on the TV remote.

This was a Sunday when the sun was not showing up during the day. Do they still call Nairobi the City in the Sun? My jewels froze at the Safari 7s, gave away my Project Fame Finale tickets and beat traffic so as to watch the show from the comfort of the couch. Coffee, check! Speakers, check! MUTE button, check! Do Not Disturb sign at the door, check!

The Idols make another appearance to my house this time arranged in order of their ages from Nicolette to Eric. As the contestants troop in, Lebo is clearly and visibly having butterflies. Oh, I mean on his jacket. Next time, they will arrange them in order of height and finally, Cynthia will be top of a category!

Trinah knows its cold so she kicks off the show with a lot of heeeeeaaaaat. As usual, her performance is bordering on flawless. Everybody loves her so if she really wants to dance with somebody who loves her, she is going to do a lot of dancing! What a great way to begin!

Last week Eric almost headbutted the camera when he was introduced as the first act… though the cameraman wasn’t worried since the afro is a great cushion. That was last week. This was ‘Here and Now’. It was a night when Eric Moyo lived up to his last name (in Swahili) and stole the hearts of everybody.

And then along came Cynthia. Is it any wonder that the phrase STILL HERE rhymes with CYNTHIA?

The truth is, if someone came up with a beauty product called SKUNK and they became the sponsors of Idols, Cynthia, who is having a stinker in this show, will probably win Skunk Idols!

Added to her long list of crimes against music was a rendition of ‘One Day I’ll Fly Away’ which granted, was an improvement. Sure, there isn’t any place to go when you are at the bottom.

Angie turned the judgment to her and asked her for a score out of Ten. The crowd roared: ELEVEN! No wonder tickets to the show are so scarce nowadays. Her entire village is checking in.

If you have ever studied numerology, you know that Cynthia’s chances when she entered the Top 10 were a simulacrum of her weekly score. One out of ten. Ever the modest one, she gave herself seven AND A HALF. We know she can’t sing but she can’t judge too? Anyway, enough about Angela… oh… Cynthia…

During a commercial break, which wasn’t a period of quiet reflection for me, I decide to check my text messages. Marto has asked, ‘How is Cynthia doing? I love that girl’

Love? Look mister, am not a cheap erotic writer. But let me try… Some people will not be satisfied even if she took off her blouse and rubbed her exposed chest with ice cubes as she sang. Anyways, so Scar still labels her Houdini!

Whilst I had thought Adiona was most likely to take the walk this week, she sang ‘The Weakness In Me’ quite well. If you compare it with Debra Chansa’s audition, Adiona’s version ought to bail her out. And people like me who had written her off are going to remember the three little words. Not. So. Fast.

Now ‘Have I Told You Lately’ that if M-Net gave Mkhululi a new job at their call centre, he will be answering the phone: Hallo, this is your smooth operator…

He painted a rosy picture of the performances this night and made one girl the recipient of a red rose. Two girls actually, if you count the other rose at the end of the show. And he even said there were more roses backstage. Roses aside, the boy sang well and deserved the applause and the love.

Now, those Ammara fans have to listen up. Your Idol Ammara is not an Idol yet. And she is making it even harder if she sings as she did. ‘Careless Whisper’ has never been sung so carelessly! And the screaming just doesn’t go with a song title that has the word ‘whisper’ in it’s title! It wasn’t any wonder Kawesa thought this was the worst :sick:of the night… and in many ways, Cynthia aside, he was right. She however got some brownie points for those childhood photos… eh. Brownie for Ms. Brown, get it?

Nicolette had problems in her ‘History’ assignment for she had lost her voice. She must have prayed hard to get the voice back for the show, and just appropriately, took on Madonna and the song ‘Like A Prayer’. It wasn’t as good as last week. The dancing around and catching notes was awkward and quite the anti-climax to the show. If she was Nico-ROCKS last week, this was more of Nico-SHOCKS, but granted her difficulties with the voice, it was a good (as opposed to ‘not too good’) performance.

As Cynthia will no doubt rate it, that was a show AND A HALF. It was good show at the Bomas where Mkhululi was the top dawg… and if girls want to be get the roses next time, the poster to accompany such performance, is only one: BHEBHE CAN I HOLD YOU TONIGHT!

grin grin grin
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by kaydee(m): 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2008
Once again beamer,nice one!

Yeah!!!! I can sing better than Cynthia and i ain't bragging.Temitayo woulda been a strong contender here.I'm so happy she's out now. No doubt,Amanda wasn't at her best last night.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by ladybam(f): 10:58pm On Jun 23, 2008
WOoooooooooohoooooooooooooooo
Cynthia me is out
whew,
fresh air
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 10:19am On Jun 24, 2008
Hi people,
Missed the spectacular and the results show (again angry ) because of a wretched advertising pitch, but thanks to Beamer, it's almost like i was there. great review, man. What would we do without you?

Finally Cynthia leaves us, and apparently after her 'best' performance too. Well, all i can say is, not a moment too soon. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Ammara is my favourite contestant and i am mortified to hear that she was the worst performer on the night. but that was kaweeso's opinion, and we know how he can get at times. But Ammara does tend to get carried away with her ability to hit those notes in the stratosphere of the human octave range and so she wangles those high notes into any song she is performing, whether necessary or otherwise. It's like she shrieks just because she can. But rest assured that she is going to be in the top three.

I understand AIT broadcasts the Spectaculars and results shows on saturdays. Does anyone know what time these broadcasts are done? It would be great to catch up on the shows i missed. So anyone with the timing, please holla.

Again, Beamer, what would we do without you? You're the best.

Peace out.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Modups1(f): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2008
hey LC, i believe it shows around 5 or 6 pm on AIT saturdays (not too sure)
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2008
Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i can breathe again

Beamer please video linkssss to Trinah's spectacular perfomance!!
make my day,my week kiss

LOL abt the mute button now we dont need it grin grin

Now the show can really start

LC,
i told you ammara SCREAMS
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lysaa(f): 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2008
To me, there are 3 people with great voice control on that idols; mukululi, trinah and amarah. .men those 3 rock. .Adionah has a very good voice but since she entered this competition, i guess she got intimidated and that pulled her down, though she is coming up again. .which of u saw her at the first audition? Eric's voice is very strong and hard to notice him going off-key slighty at times. . love watching idols o, can't wait tilll sunday.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by anongal: 10:38am On Jun 25, 2008
are u pple 4 real cyntia is out pls tell me o coz i stopped watchin as i could not stand that gal one bit. pple were decieved by her pixie like looks and model structure. so is it save to watch the show on sunday??/
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lysaa(f): 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2008
u can now go on with the show cos out she is.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Beamer: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2008
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by ladybam(f): 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2008
Cant wait for sundays show.meanwhile,TRINAH ROCKS,
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by ladybam(f): 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2008
updates,please, sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Beamer: 7:53am On Jun 30, 2008
Ladybam,

Idols… Six of the Best

When Sunday comes, it only means one thing: the Idols come visiting our houses. And with beauty queen Cynthia having left, an air of ugly expectation had gripped the Idols fraternity with realization that one talented singer would still go home week after week. It was African theme week, and if the Jacob Zuma loved song Umshini Wami (Bring Me My Machine Gun) was chosen by any contestant, we were going to be blown away.

First things first. Lebo, in bloo shirt, was doing justice to his clothing designer. If he left the show and went into the thread business, the ‘Lebo Label‘ should be a smash hit.

The Judges looked more excited. Who wasn’t? Contestant. You. Negatively. Treated. Here. Isn’t. Around! In one word, C.Y.N.T.H.I.A…

TK still thinks he is The King (TK), Angel A in a headscarf for a second week running still thinks there can be no Angel B and Scar still thinks he’s the Tzar. Only in my mind, Lebo asks Scar: Will we miss Cynthia? And Scar replies: Depends on how accurately we shoot! grin

What Scar knows is that the audience has lost the chance to hold out placards written ‘LMAO’ or ‘LOL’ after each Cynthia performance. And what Kawesa (who gets booed at each intro for that ‘trash’ comment) knows is that he can no longer tell us the six words: Vote Wisely. Or Vote For Cynthia.

Back to the show. It was going to be a tall order for contestants to bring out their vocal prowess in the African songs. And it sure turned out to be an order as tall as the giraffe that completely emerged as the star of the show.

Now, the rose that Mkhululi gave to the lucky girl last week has wilted by now, but his voice has not faltered. If he really wanted to give that girl a good gift, he would have bottled his sultry voice and handed it over to her. The beauty of not doing that is that he got to sing to us ‘Mhla Uphel Amandla’ where he still touched some hearts without moving anything but his lips. Kawesa, who is never on the ground at the Bomas, thought it was the Ground Zero performance of the night.

Nicolette has been one of my favourites as she increases the lighting in my living room with that smile. She has a smile as wide as Watamu Beach. I don’t want to put the model label on her, but she may be causing a bitter contest between Colgate and Close Up on her endorsement of their products. Even the smiley has nothing on her. Julia Roberts comes close, but can she sing? Nicolette that is. Song choice had the word smile in its title. Eish. Her performances have been more of yo-yo. Brilliant the other day, good the other week, average this week. ‘A Cry, A Smile, A Dance’ was better done by Judith. The positioning of the mic was such that you couldn’t even see the lips that kissed the giraffe.

Eric on the other hand has really infuriated the Association of Barbers of Africa. Young boys across the continent are refusing to have their hair shaved! But if the biblical Samson had strength in his hair, Eric’s hair might add to the powerful voice that is God given. Ringo will be somewhere trying to rekindle the Beatles and wondering how someone could have pulled off a better ‘Sondela’ complete with Swahili lyrics.

When it comes to a female musician, you usually get two kinds: A diva or Adiona. That was until Adiona came onto the stage yet again. She is the only female musician who is in both categories of female musicians. If you were in her shoes (which no doubt Angela as per the first audition wishes she was) you would like to do a Freshly Ground song that has repetitive lyrics. You did good girl. And thanks for answering my question.

Trinah will never work for the Post Office. Because whilst the Mailman does not deliver on Sunday, she delivers each Sunday. Her performances have been phenomenal. I think the only reason Angela said God had given us a Malaika (Angel in Swahili) when she heard Faycal was because she had yet to meet Trinah at the auditions. She really is. It only gets better and better each Sunday. Nice job (though not excellent). But maybe it is her ‘Destiny’ to win this competition.

Ammara is the only lady left in the competition whom you could try to use the pick up line: The name is ________. Remember the name, you will be SCREAMING it later. She may have been dubbed worst by Kawesa last week, but her version of ‘Vulindlela’ was however toned down on the screaming and the Maasai outfit clad girl did very well with the dancing combined. It was okay. Brenda, who is now with the real Big Dude, would have been proud.

Now, Jacob Zuma (do they ever call him Jay Z?) may be a lookalike of Papa Shirandula of the Coke BRRRR advert but after this performance, he would be singing: BRRRRring Me My Camera! So that he can get those tourist feature shots of the giraffe. And then we will start hearing the song… ‘I Shot The Giraffe… But I Did Not Shoot The Deputy!’

The contestants could have tried out even better known singers like Yvonne Chaka Chaka or singers from across the continent, but all in all, it was great way to pay homage to African musicians. The show must go on and one person has to go home. So as we vote, we should ask ourselves hard questions, if we are honest with ourselves. Does he bring tears to your eyes as he sings? Don’t just vote because she holds the microphone as if it was a pleasure toy and makes you get carried away. Please. Let us vote for the best performances. Or vote for Mkhululi.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by ladybam(f): 10:16am On Jun 30, 2008
thanks for the update beamer,Trinah did well, its good to no, ,
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2008
You know, I had been in a serious dilemma regarding writing a review about the Top6 Spectacular as I really didn’t consider myself fit to judge the singing on a night I knew only two of the songs. But seeing that Beamer has already done the honours, I can heave a huge sigh of relief. (Heaves sigh of relief). But I am not too sure if I agree completely with his account of things.

Ah, Beamer. Granted it’s the Top 6 and at this level everyone’s on top of their game, but Mkhululi was really the dregs on the night. His performance was tepid to say the least and for once I concurred with Kaweesa on his pick of worst of the night.

And truth be told, Trinah wasn’t far behind Mkhululi with what was her lamest tamest performance in Idols. I have never felt so underwhelmed following a Trinah performance. I could usually count on her to leave me on a high but on the night she sounded hollow and didn’t quite seem able to inject her usual passion into the performance. Perhaps she was totally unnerved by the giraffe, or perhaps the song choice got the better of her, but anyone who has followed Trinah on this journey will easily pick last night’s performance as the weakest so far.  Yeah, Trinah normally delivers every Sunday but last night she delivered spam.

For me, the bottom three performances of the night were Mkhululi, Nicolette and Trinah in no particular order, though I will be very surprised if we find Trinah in the bottom three this evening. She has established a serious fan base that should keep her out of trouble until the Top3 when she will most likely leave us.

Eric, Ammara and Adiona had the best performances on the night, but I liked Adiona’s rendition of Freshly Ground’s “I’d Like” the most. Ammara the Banshee spared us her shrieking and gave us a comparatively subdued “Vuli Ndlela” made famous by Brenda Fassie. The highpoint of the performance was the costume and perhaps some of the dance moves she threw in. The vocals were not fantastic on a night that provided precious few chills of the spine-tingling sort from any of the contestants.

The walk of shame tonight is a toss-up between Mkhululi and Nicolette. It is so close that I cannot call it one way or the other. But we’ll have to wait and see how it plays out, won’t we?

Peace out.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Aziza(f): 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2008
So, Mkhululi left tonight. Poor chap. I did not think he was pulling enough weight on the show.

Ammara and Trinah have got to watch it. Idols can be unforgiving to great singers who settle for good.

Nicolette may just come from behind and end up a top 2 player.

Eric looks very much like an Idol. Good looks, popularity, passion, talent, great song choices, connecting with viewers, and CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT. At this point, I'll put my money on Eric.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 9:19am On Jul 01, 2008
@Aziza
Hey you, long time. So sorry i couldn't reply your birthday message but believe me, i truly appreciated it. Thank you so very much. kiss kiss

I'm so not surprised Mkhululi took the walk last night. I had always felt he wasn't quite top5 material. But then, neither is Nicolette (on current form). But if there's any justice in the world i think she should be the next to go. Adiona will probably be with her in the bottom three next week. It's about time for a typical idols surprise a la Jodie's exit in the West African edition, so gird your loins and prepare for a shocker sometime soon that will see one of the seemingly strong contenders voted off.

Ammara and Trinah really do need to watch it as their performances appear to be on a downward slide, or perhaps we have gotten used to their talent and we now judge them by the appropriate standards. The result of this is that when they meet those expectations we are not wowed anymore because we totally expect it of them. They have lost the element of surprise.

Eric is looking good for the title at this point but i don't know if i would be so bold as to put my money on him just yet. I have this niggling feeling that a female is going to win Idols this time around. But eric really deserves to win it on current form. he's got everything going for him. He connects with the crowd and has built up such a strong fan base. But i suspect whoever eric faces off with in the top two (if he makes it that far) will probably nick it from him. But i hope he wins it, i think he's pretty much the complete package.

Well, Mkhululi had a good run but his time was effectively up after last Sunday's performance.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Gamine(f): 9:28am On Jul 01, 2008
Seriously This Idols is the worst TV ive ever seen in my life!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Aziza(f): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Lawyerchap: I get you. At this stage in the competition, I think it is safe to say that Eric will be in the finals. Judging from the other four player:
Adiona: Struggling singer. When she does well, the wow factor is hardly there. Didn't have the initial base fans to push her through to top 10. Is not growing her fan base as her performances leave you uninspired.
Ammarra: Great singer but settling for good. Wooden song choices. Looks like a one trick pony. I think she is wasting a great opportunity by not bringing her best game to the table.
Trinah: Great singer but not improving on her game. Sings in a churchy manner. Singing churchy is not a bad thing, but that system just doesn't work on Idols. Fan base is not growing.
Nicollete: Amazing voice. Amazing technique. Awful song choices. Should have stayed where she was strong - jazzy, folksy singing style. Unfortunately, she listened to the judges (who in my opinion know nothing about music and how to win a competition) and started moving away from her style to show VERSATILITY. Versatility happens to be the last thing a singing competition wants - versatility as defined in Idols WA means you are all over the place doing every kind of song in every genre. What that does to you is that you turn off your initial fan base and confuse possible fans. She may just get to the finals if she comes up strong at top 5 or top 4. But she cannot win - when the chips are down, as we have seen before: The guy who comes on strong at Top 24 and Top 10 and keeps improving is the person who wins. My money is still on Eric.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Aziza

You're absolutely spot on about Nicollette. When the competition started i had her down as far and away the best singer from a technical standpoint. she's got a great voice and having played the violin from four years old and the piano from twelve, she knows a thing or two more about music than all the judges combined. But she's listening to them and she's totally lost focus now. I would love to see her in the Top3 but on current form, i think it's pretty doubtful.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by steaming(f): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2008
Gamine:

Seriously This Idols is the worst TV ive ever seen in my life!

SERIOUSLY
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Aziza(f): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2008
Okay, Top 5 is over. Once again, Nicolelette has let me down. Trinnah is coming back into her own but that Whitney Houston number was a bit too low for me. Ammarrah remains a wooden, one trick pony. Adiona is still struggling with the mic, the stage, and the audience. Eric is the bomb!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by mukina2: 7:11pm On Jul 06, 2008
Aziza:

Okay, Top 5 is over. Once again, Nicolelette has let me down. Trinnah is coming back into her own but that Whitney Houston number was a bit too low for me. Ammarrah remains a wooden, one trick pony. Adiona is still struggling to make it. Eric is the bomb!

yeah Eric is that bomb grin i think he will win

Mhukuli . i was really sad to see him leave sha

I was thinking Trinah would exit but that big headed kohesah if thats his name spoilt it for him calling his perfomance below zero angry

Nicolette seems to be dropping a lot undecided Initially i was tipping her and Eric
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by kaydee(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2008
Oh no! They didn't! Why Ammara? She was better than Nicolette on the night.

@ LC,
Ur fav idol is out,who wins now?
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Aziza(f): 8:19am On Jul 08, 2008
Poor Ammaraa. I knew this would happen.
wooden song choices + Wooden dance moves + wooden singing style + wooden interpretation of songs + wooden stage presence +  wooden gaze into the camera = not getting enough votes to move forward in the competition.

Ammaraa would be any good producers delight. Knowing the African Idols landscape, we may not hear from her for at least 4 years - after she has been able to disentangle herself from those crazy contracts they force them to sign. I wish her well. I urge her fans to reach out to her and tell her to shine her eye well well!
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2008
lawyerchap:

It's about time for a typical idols surprise a la Jodie's exit in the West African edition, so gird your loins and prepare for a shocker sometime soon that will see one of the seemingly strong contenders voted off.

Nuff said.

Went to see Hancock instead of waiting for the results show, and i'm so glad. African Idols shows are beginning to take on a rather scripted feel; the talentless escape artist who survives for so long and then is canned just when the audience gives up hope of ever evicting them, and the uber-talented contestant who is voted off simply for shock value.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Aziza(f): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2008
This is the eight season of Idols (American Idol, WA, SA, East). Every Idols season I have watched (except) SA Idols has that "surprise" exit of a star singer, someone who came on very strong at the beginning and everyone fingers him or her as a the winner. That someone often has more talent that the other 9 top 10 contestants combined or has a unique star quality.

In American Idol season 3, it was Jennifer Hudson; season 4 was Anwar Robinson; season 5 was Chris Daughtry; season 6 was Melinda Doolittle; season 7 was Michael John. In Idols WA it was Jodie. Which brings us to what Idols is - a voting competition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DKB And Zainab Disqualified From BBA Stargame / Battle On The Buka Street / Best Couple in the Nigerian Movie World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.