Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:58 PM

Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? (1034 Views)

Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony / Photos From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s 51st Birthday Party / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY (2) (3) (4)

Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by pimplucious: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
"Many years ago, while I was still struggling to pay my school fees, an old man met me and said: “One day, you will travel abroad as often as a woman goes to the market”. I looked at him and received it. “Yes sir, thank you”. Although it appeared too incredible to me then but today, I spend more time abroad than I do in Nigeria. I prophesy into your life that every good prophesy concerning your life will come to pass, no matter how incredible they are..."

Pastor wants us to know he spends more time abroad than he does in Nigeria and that is suppose to be a blessing!

What is the exact message been sent here and of what benefit is it to the listeners and the country?

I find it very preposterous!!!
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by pimplucious: 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
This is the kind of influencial messages that make our youths forever dreaming of going abroad even when they have no business going there. A man will go for "thanks giving service" for the "blessing" of UK visa. Smh.

1st to comment grin
Azonto azonto azonto grin
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
What were you expecting naw........yet they say the country isnt developing.
Btw.......2nd to........
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by BukkyDan(f): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
@ OP, was that the message you could grasp from all what the pastor said that day?

Gosh! Some people are just tooooo impossible

SMH
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by pimplucious: 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
BukkyDan: @ OP, was that the message you could grasp from all what the pastor said that day?

Gosh! Some people are just tooooo impossible

SMH

What day are u talking about? undecided
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by BukkyDan(f): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
pimp_lucious :

What day are u talking about? undecided

the day he spoke the message in your first post
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by OmoAlata(f): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
pimp_lucious :

What is the exact message been sent here

That nothing is impossible for God to do - that's what I got from the message smiley

Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by PastorKun(m): 7:20am On Feb 27, 2013
Adeboye specializes in telling people with itchy ears what they want to hear.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by engrtee(f): 9:04am On Feb 27, 2013
Anytin adeboye says is right and sensible. He cant make mistake. He is God sent. Lol
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by pimplucious: 9:04am On Feb 27, 2013
BukkyDan:

the day he spoke the message in your first post

I don't know the day u r talking about. I got this off his FB wall
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 27, 2013
Ihave been trying to tell people this everyday! There is no real man of god or pastor. Read your bible for yourself and do research.

These frauds have nothing to contribute other than buy luxury goods with your offering money.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 27, 2013
Logicboy03: Ihave been trying to tell people this everyday! There is no real man of god or pastor. Read your bible for yourself and do research.

These frauds have nothing to contribute other than buy luxury goods with your offering money.
your statement shows u are begining to believe in christianity for u to have adviced us to read a book u never believed in.not TROLLING U
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 27, 2013
Segeggs: your statement shows u are begining to believe in christianity for u to have adviced us to read a book u never believed in.not TROLLING U

The fastest way for a christian to become an atheist is to read the bible. No preacher has ever used leveticus 25;44 as sunday preaching material
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by PastorKun(m): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

The fastest way for a christian to become an atheist is to read the bible. No preacher has ever used leveticus 25;44 as sunday preaching material

The book of Leviticus lists out the mosaic laws, it was sort of a constitution for the Jewish nation. The Mosaic laws are not relevant to christianity as such it is not necessary for it to be taught in church. It is only useful for historical reference.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Goshen360(m): 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
^^^ The person you're talking to is NEVER getting it. The same thing you said had been said to him times without counting. It saddens my heart when people who don't know NOTHING wants to teach others that knows. However, I believe Christ is what what hidden in all the books of the law, NOT the law in itself. I weep within my heart when I see how Pastors use all these books of law of Moses to feed on God's people but the real purpose of those books are neglected. smh
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The book of Leviticus lists out the mosaic laws, it was sort of a constitution for the Jewish nation. The Mosaic laws are not relevant to christianity as such it is not necessary for it to be taught in church. It is only useful for historical reference.

See this liar?

Yet, we are reminded of the same Mosaic 10 commandments in all churches. We are reminded of the legislation about gays in the same leveticus.

If it bears no relevance in christianity, you are free to stop preaching about the ten commandments, moses and cut out leveticus and deuteronomy in the bible.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360: ^^^ The person you're talking to is NEVER getting it. The same thing you said had been said to him times without counting. It saddens my heart when people who don't know NOTHING wants to teach others that knows. However, I believe Christ is what what hidden in all the books of the law, NOT the law in itself. I weep within my heart when I see how Pastors use all these books of law of Moses to feed on God's people but the real purpose of those books are neglected. smh

See this one? This ignorant christian talking about the bible.

If you knew the bible, you wouldnt be a christian in the first place.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Goshen360(m): 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

See this liar?

Yet, we are reminded of the same Mosaic 10 commandments in all churches. We are reminded of the legislation about gays in the same leveticus.

If it bears no relevance in christianity, you are free to stop preaching about the ten commandments, moses and cut out leveticus and deuteronomy in the bible.

Logicboy03:

See this one? This ignorant christian talking about the bible.

If you knew the bible, you wouldnt be a christian in the first place.

That's why I don't like talking to you - You don't know scripture and wont admit it. Rather, you ALWAYS result to insult. You can't even make one statement without an insult. I don't know when you'll grow up and stop being a kid on this forum. The same law of Moses says IF you must keep the law, you must keep the WHOLE. Do you still apply ALL other laws and regulations? Was the law of Moses written to the church or to national Israel?

You (Logicboy03) and your colleagues ONLY resort to the laws of Moses whenever you want to discredit God's word but you guys failed to differential the dispensation it was given and the dispensation we are now - God doesn't operate the new dispensation with the Old laws. Christians operate in the law of the Spirit of life IN CHRIST.

On the 10 commandments, the fact that churches remind people of it doesn't make them right. The whole of those commandments are fulfilled in LOVE, which is the basis or foundation for our New Covenant on which the church of God is built upon.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360:

That's why I don't like talking to you - You don't know scripture and wont admit it. Rather, you ALWAYS result to insult. You can't even make one statement without an insult. I don't know when you'll grow up and stop being a kid on this forum. The same law of Moses says IF you must keep the law, you must keep the WHOLE. Do you still apply ALL other laws and regulations? Was the law of Moses written to the church or to national Israel?

You (Logicboy03) and your colleagues ONLY resort to the laws of Moses whenever you want to discredit God's word but you guys failed to differential the dispensation it was given and the dispensation we are now - God doesn't operate the new dispensation with the Old laws. Christians operate in the law of the Spirit of life IN CHRIST.

1) You came here to attack my character/person. As evidenced by your preious comment. I didnt talk to you. You came on your own to bash me an claim that I dont listen and I dont know the bible. Dont play the victim. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

2~)Your pal claimed that the mosaic laws in leveticus/old testamnet do not apply in christianity while pastors still use leveticus and old testament ot support the anti-gay rhetoric, tithing, ten commandments etc. He lied. You supported him

3) I can bash the new testament if you want. Your Jesus was a suicidal racist. He allowed himself to be betrayed by Judas. He also was racist to the Canaanite woman.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Goshen360(m): 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) You came here to attack my character/person. As evidenced by your preious comment. I didnt talk to you. You came on your own to bash me an claim that I dont listen and I dont know the bible. Dont play the victim. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Logicboy, I didn't attack your person. I only made a statement that the same thing had been said to you many times that those books don't apply to Christians just as PastorKun said.

Logicboy03:

2~)Your pal claimed that the mosaic laws in leveticus/old testamnet do not apply in christianity while pastors still use leveticus and old testament ot support the anti-gay rhetoric, tithing, ten commandments etc. He lied. You supported him

This has been my teachings and message all along - PastorKun did NOT lie about what he said. The point here is, "WHILE PASTORS STILL USE IT......". That's the problem and error we're trying to correct. Countless times in those books, you will read the phrase, "to the children of Israel...". See, there're many thing I wish I teach you especially sometimes but when you turn on this your insulting attitude, it turns me off. Hence, I draw back talking to you in order to avoid e-fighting.

Now, many pastors use those scriptures without proper context and that's one of the things we're teaching God's people to understand those scriptures don't apply to us. If we say they don't apply to us, how then shall be cherry pick some and leave the rest? It simply means NONE is applicable to us except for Christ hidden but the laws and regulations don't to Christians as it was written to national Israel as a type and shadow of the church. So, I supported PastorKun because he said the truth, he didn't lie - That's bible truth and we can discuss it line-by-line if you want.

Logicboy03:

3) I can bash the new testament if you want. Your Jesus was a suicidal racist. He allowed himself to be betrayed by Judas. He also was racist to the Canaanite woman.

You 'probably' misunderstood the context. We can discuss this also if you want.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360:

Logicboy, I didn't attack your person. I only made a statement that the same thing had been said to you many times that those books don't apply to Christians just as PastorKun said.

This has been my teachings and message all along - PastorKun did NOT lie about what he said. The point here is, "WHILE PASTORS STILL USE IT......". That's the problem and error we're trying to correct. Countless times in those books, you will read the phrase, "to the children of Israel...". See, there're many thing I wish I teach you especially sometimes but when you turn on this your insulting attitude, it turns me off. Hence, I draw back talking to you in order to avoid e-fighting.

Now, many pastors use those scriptures without proper context and that's one of the things we're teaching God's people to understand those scriptures don't apply to us. If we say they don't apply to us, how then shall be cherry pick some and leave the rest? It simply means NONE is applicable to us except for Christ hidden but the laws and regulations don't to Christians as it was written to national Israel as a type and shadow of the church. So, I supported PastorKun because he said the truth, he didn't lie - That's bible truth and we can discuss it line-by-line if you want.

You 'probably' misunderstood the context. We can discuss this also if you want.

Yawn, it was Pastor Kun that misunderstood me and wanted to act like a mature christian and lecture me. This is what arrogance gets you. I made a statement that one should not go to church but read his bible because pastors can not teach you everything and I gave a verse in leveticus that doesnt come up in churches.

Pastor Kun foolishly came along and claimed that leveticus was for only historical purposes. Even if his comment is true (which it is not) is history not an area of knowledge? Why not read it yourself before you get twisted messages from MOGs

You then foolishly went to support Pastor Kun who misunderstood me.

===========================================================

Anyway, you are in no position to tell me anything about the bible. We both can quote the bible. The difference between me and you is that I know beyond the bible- i have researched on history and philosophy. You are just a bible pusher. I cant respect anyone who cant see beyond the bible. At least Anony can talk about the philosophical issues.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Goshen360(m): 3:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
^ Okay. Don't worry yourself then if you think I can't teach you anything about the bible. But that's a wrong conclusion because many things we're taught in the 'institutionalized' church are truth mixed with errors. You and I are engaged in emancipating the captivated mind but the difference is how believes and how we do it.

As per not being philosophical, you also get it wrong. I don't engage in most of those things not because I'm weak in those things but most of it I view as time wasting without adding values to the church of God. That's the reason I said, we are doing same job but in different directions. I also tends not to engage in prolonged arguments (if you've noticed) because there's much to do within my 24 hours daily.
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Okay. Don't worry yourself then if you think I can't teach you anything about the bible. But that's a wrong conclusion because many things we're taught in the 'institutionalized' church are truth mixed with errors. You and I are engaged in emancipating the captivated mind but the difference is how believes and how we do it.

As per not being philosophical, you also get it wrong. I don't engage in most of those things not because I'm weak in those things but most of it I view as time wasting without adding values to the church of God. That's the reason I said, we are doing same job but in different directions. I also tends not to engage in prolonged arguments (if you've noticed) because there's much to do within my 24 hours daily.

Abeg. Dont flatter yoursel
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Okay. Don't worry yourself then if you think I can't teach you anything about the bible. But that's a wrong conclusion because many things we're taught in the 'institutionalized' church are truth mixed with errors. You and I are engaged in emancipating the captivated mind but the difference is how believes and how we do it.

Abeg. Dont flatter yourself
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Goshen360(m): 3:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
^ Never mind. Can we deal with this subject line-by-line? Because many young people are being misled everyday. Were those books addressed to the national Israel or to the church?
Re: Does This Really Make Sense Coming From Pastor Adeboye? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Never mind. Can we deal with this subject line-by-line? Because many young people are being misled everyday. Were those books addressed to the national Israel or to the church?

You seriously believe that I do not know the bible? his is what happens when a lie is being repeated continuously- it starts to sound like the truth

The old testament is written to Jews/isreal. The New Testament is contradictory. On the one hand, Jesus claims to be sent to only the lost sheep of isreal and then further in Galatians, it is written "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus". Note that Jesus was called king of the Jews (no the world)....why would Satan offer Jesus the whole world?

Coincidence Or Not? You Decide / To All Atheist- Atheism Is Not Correct And Bad And Religious.. / Ghana Bishop Reveals That Pastor Chris & TB Joshua Are Agents Of Satan

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64