Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' (14085 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (2) (3) (4)

Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by itsik(m): 5:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
For those wondering what
a fisherman's ring
means. It takes its origin from PETER the apostle. He is believed to be the first fisher of men. Which was what CHRIST addressed him as and told him to do. Its a seal which is passed on from one pope to another. And cos they are all fishers of men, so that ring is like the same ring of power the queen of england wears. But this one is the ring of power for the church and him being the head of the fishers of men (all Clergy), he alone wears the ring of authority or power.

Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by Asis(m): 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
That's gud..
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by cold(m): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
They should have called him 'God 2'
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by Policewoman(f): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
I love the catholic church. So organised.

Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by jmoore(m): 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
It is normal, even cardinals that resigned are known as "cardinal emeritus"
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by Akbee(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
lets not be more concerned with the aftermath of his untimely resignation than THE FACTORS BEHIND IT.
lets ask ourselves why he had to throw in the towel[an act which rarely occurs] without any good reason.
All is not as it seems;gents n damsels.
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by mykebelas: 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
Frostyzone:
There is nothing Holy about the Catholic Church. Infact, they will be the first to tell you that there is no such thing as speaking in tongues or miracles.

So how can they believe in the holy spirit when they don't believe in all of these holy spirit qualities...or so I'm told.

Guy na so u take dislike catholic. I beg make I tell u waitin u no no. Na catholic get d best born again xtians. Go check out catholic charismatic renewal u go witdraw ur comment
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by oluagness(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
Catholic believe in holy spirit
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by Frostyzone(m): 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
mykebelas: Guy na so u take dislike catholic. I beg make I tell u waitin u no no. Na catholic get d best born again xtians. Go check out catholic charismatic renewal u go witdraw ur comment

I should care less about who's the better Christian or not, considering that I don't even believe in god or gods.

What I said is solely based on personal observations, which is also a well known fact among non-Catholics.

If you see it as an insult, then it means you are being defensive or protective which automatically translate to me being right after all.

Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by Nwankwopeter: 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
catholic till i die.
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by Awoofawo(m): 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Nairaland Association of Insane People (NAIP) on the web ?!

Who are the members......?cheesycheesycheesy no be me o!
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by grandfada(m): 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
BedLam: I knew there something "special " about that shoe! hope he starts drinking alcohol and clubbing too.......after all he's a normal being like me.
are you sure dt u are O.k? U seem 2 be more interested in luring piple to hell! May God 4give ur soul!
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by MrBenSun: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
RANDY-FOODS:

Will love to know how and why the Vatican chose that name.

Click Here

who was d first pope? Peter d apostle....what was his occupation? Fisherman....i'm sure he was used to wearing dat ring
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by Deiok(m): 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ok. Wating to know the next pope.
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by obicentlis: 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
I love the Holy Roman Catholic Church
I love the Mother of the Church, Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin
I love Jesus, the Savior and God the Son
I love the Holy Spirit,the teacher and comforter
I love the Abba Father, Yahweh!

Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by Chrisfab: 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2013
So d end time is finally here, guys visit dis site below you'll see what i'm saying.

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com
Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by ezeagu(m): 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
fineheart: The best organized institution in the world is showing humanity in clear terms how to handle sudden resignations and election of the successor. No wonder the Catholic Church with 1.2 billion members world-wide has continued to exist and surmounts challenges that come her way for nearly 2,000 years of its existence. We pray that the Holy Spirit will guide the Cardinals to elect a very worthy successor to the retiring Pope.

You mean like how they sponsored the slave trade and tortured men, women and children all over Europe?

Re: Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' by HugeMac: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
Mr Ben Sun:

who was d first pope? Peter d apostle....what was his occupation? Fisherman....i'm sure he was used to wearing dat ring
Please ooo dont be deceived , peter is not the first pope , there was nothing like division between the early christains , nothing like all these roman tradition , catholics are observing.
Catholic church was started by emperor constatine, at first the people of rome refused to abandon their pagan tradition for christainity thats why constatine had to introduce all these statues and cermonies to make them accept it and preserve their tradition. The romans worshiped the sun , so they changed sabath day from saturday to Sun-day. If u re a catholic during benediction just look at the type of cross the preist holds up, the cross and the rays of the sun fused together.
Paganism and christainity fused together. Why !? Am not telling u to beleive me. Do your research , MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.

When Principles Meet Principalities. / Pastors Speak On Pastors Scandalising The Name Of God / Johnson Suleiman Gives N6.5M To Unemployed Members During Sunday Service