Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) (23173 Views)

Nigerians’ll Starve To Death By 2050, If… —presidency / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
July 2014 UPDATE: Since this thread was posted last year, Nigeria has gone on to be declared Africa's largest economy, surpassing South Africa, and with an annual GDP of $510 billion, lending further credibility to this 2050 projection. Thanks.

Nigeria in 2050 (pics)

Lagos

Lagos Rail

MMA Terminal 6 Lagos

[img]http://danieldeubank.files./2011/03/tokyo-airport.jpg[/img]

New Nigeria Airways

Calabar

Asaba (Overlooking 4th Niger Bridge)

Abuja

Abuja Light Rail

Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja

Ibadan

Abeokuta

Onitsha

Aba

Owerri

Port Harcourt Light Rail

Kaduna

Kano

Jos

Enugu

Benin City

Uyo

Nigerian Space Agency Shuttles

[img]http://4.bp..com/-7vUe0qSnJ_s/TisShOJ3UMI/AAAAAAAAAps/Zo1MmQNE7ZU/s1600/shuttle-columbia.jpg[/img]

Nigerian Astronaut on Inaugural Mission, 2053
[img]http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0605/robinson_sts114_big.jpg[/img]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
I pray so ooo...I wantto see nigeria like this. Before I die...

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by pastie(m): 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
What do u mean @ op,
what of the northern state

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
37 years? Its very possible but highly unlikely given the monumental problems Nigeria is facing.

pastie: What do u mean @ op,
what of the northern state

Northern Nigeria will be significantly less developed than the rest of the country for decades to come and based off current trends the divide will continue to get bigger, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nice pics, ROSSIKE. Though I would have preferred the Nigeria Airways plane to be a 747 cheesy
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by YorubaOmoge: 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
ROSSIK,

You have something against Ekiti?
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: ROSSIK,

I guess Ekiti isn't photogenic grin grin
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
CFCfan: Nice pics, ROSSIKE. Though I would have preferred the Nigeria Airways plane to be a 747 cheesy

I'm sorry but a 747 would have been a long abandoned relic by 2050. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
Don't you just love Rossike's threads? grin I feel your patriotism man, I really wish I was that patriotic.

By the way, that picture of Onitsha cracked me up... grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2013

unless I have not understood your post, here is one of Nigeria's problems.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by acidtalk: 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
If just like our past leaders this generation and those yet to come remain Gluttonic, greedy and self centered, then this vision will never come to pass. Also if the Religious and Ethnice scuffles aren't curbed sooner than expected, then I doubt if there will be a country called Nigeria by then.

I grew up to know 1980 goal, Operation Build the nation, Mamsa, Sap, Millenium Goal, Vision 2010, vision 2015, now vision 2020......all the visions have all been visionless.

Nice on paper but will they ever become a reality? Not with the immoral, unreasonable and callous generation we are breeding in today's world.

On a second note, do Nigerians really want such development? Not with the way they cry fowl and go on protest match when the government bans Okada (commercial motorcycle, Demolish illegal structures, demolish House build on sewage, close down unhealthy market environment, place a ban on churches causing noise pollution and trying to tax churches using the name of God to hoard billions of naira from unsuspecting worshippers.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2013

Not at all.

Ekiti in 2050:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by YorubaOmoge: 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Not at all.

Ekiti in 2050:

Thank you.

I imagine a better Ekiti than that tho. We have less than 4 decades to make this visions come true. Can we do it?
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
When Fashola tries to clean up Lagos so that we can at least see a semblance of order, some myopic goons will begin to accuse him of tribalism.

Achieving the aesthetic quality painted by the OP will require a complete pulling down and redesign of our cities. Shanties will need to be destroyed, roads will need to be widened, drainages need to be cleared, and many people will be made homeless.

How many Nigerians will appreciate a leader who attempts to make such changes?

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Thank you.

I imagine a better Ekiti than that tho. We have less than 4 decades to make this visions come true. Can we do it?

Absolutely we can. It took South Korea about 30 odd years from the late 50s to the 80s to turn from an underdeveloped, agrarian state into one of the world's most advanced nations. At our current economic growth rate, we are actually on the right track. If we can sustain it, and maybe add a couple more digits to the 7% annual GDP growth rate, we should be ok to reach this level by 2050.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
HNosegbe: When Fashola tries to clean up Lagos so that we can at least see a semblance of order, some myopic goons will begin to accuse him of tribalism.

Achieving the aesthetic quality painted by the OP will require a complete pulling down and redesign of our cities. Shanties will need to be destroyed, roads will need to be widened, drainages need to be cleared, and many people will be made homeless.

Cleaning up of cities by itself doesn't help the people themselves, it needs to go hand it hand with an increase in purchasing power of the people so that a lot of those lesser income people will be at a level were they can afford to live in the estates and low end condos. Just ejecting them without creating job opportunities for Nigerians at large will rightfully get you major resistance so its not all black and white.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
HNosegbe: When Fashola tries to clean up Lagos so that we can at least see a semblance of order, some myopic goons will begin to accuse him of tribalism.

You make an excellent point. Bold measures are needed which may not be popular at the time they're being made.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by YorubaOmoge: 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Absolutely we can. It took South Korea about 30 odd years from the late 50s to the 80s to turn from an underdeveloped, agrarian state into one od the world's most advanced nations. At our current economic growth rates, we are actually on the right track.

Understand that Korea is a communistic country with no "power of the people". The choices are made and enforced by the Government.
In Nigeria, the people have a louder voice than the governor. It'd be harder because even if a Governor is doing the right thing with no immediate positive effect, the people can decide to uproot him. Which may or may not lead to a criminal substitute.

If you understand what I'm trying to say.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nigeria can achieve such strides within 15 years, if the citizenry and govt are disciplined enough. Nigeria's GDP and budgets, coupled with private sector involvement will make this dream a reality.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by takedat(m): 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2013

Incisive comment!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by ZACHIE: 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
Maiduguri nko?
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by yarodin: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, OP you are very stupid, why are you are taking present day pictures in advanced countries to portray what Nigeria will look like in 2050? Did you sit down to think that by 2050 what you are currently showing will be old and useless? Nigerians and their longer throats.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 6:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Understand that Korea is a communistic country with no "power of the people". The choices are made and enforced by the Government.
In Nigeria, the people have a louder voice than the governor. It'd be harder because even if a Governor is doing the right thing with no immediate positive effect, the people can decide to uproot him. Which may or may not lead to a criminal substitute.

If you understand what I'm trying to say.

Your mistake is that you do not know that there are two Korean countries, North Korea and South Korea, he is talking about capitalist South Korea because communist north Korea is a poor country that nobody wants to live in so yeah, North and Soouth Korea split in the 50s and within 30 years South Korea was a first world country. It is generally plausible for Nigeria to be a superstate developmentally in 2050 but with crap like tribalism and the fact that we are not starting from scratch its probably gonna take a bit longer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
yarodin: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, OP you are very stupid, why are you are taking present day pictures in advanced countries to portray what Nigeria will look like in 2050? Did you sit down to think that by 2050 what you are currently showing will be old and useless?

No. The reason being that 37 years is not really a long time. It would take a century and half at least to reach the type of advancement you're talking about which would render the above posted pics archaic.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
This could very well be a Nigerian-built jet in 2050.

Built by Dangote Aeronautics, the 4th largest aircraft manufacturer on earth in 2050.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2013
You really do have confidence in the direction Nigeria is going. I am not so optimistic what with the PIB debate having no end in sight etc.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
Double post.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
CROWÉ:

Cleaning up of cities by itself doesn't help the people themselves, it needs to go hand it hand with an increase in purchasing power of the people so that a lot of those lesser income people will be at a level were they can afford to live in the estates and low end condos. Just ejecting them without creating job opportunities for Nigerians at large will rightfully get you major resistance so its not all black and white.

Correct. I'm not disputing your point. Both need to go together. I was only addressing some individuals who will never appreciate the big picture when some painful but necessary steps are taken to sanitize our cities.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
CROWÉ: You really do have confidence in the direction Nigeria is going. I am not so optimistic what with the PIB debate having no end in sight etc.

We can pick up any number of issues and point to as reasons for pessimism. But an awful lot happens in 37 years. By 2050 the PIB bill would be an obscure academic issue discussed mainly by economic historians of the period.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
All this pictures will only remain as it is if there isn't a massive social restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
But let's face it: There are some very important changes that need to take place before Nigeria will fulfil it's potential. The biggest of those changes is the evolution of a new brand of politicians who will provide the kind of leadership that will drive the revolution which will produce cities like those Rossike is showing.

I tell my fellow youths all the time that those of us who feel we have something to offer MUST go into politics. It's not enough to criticize non-performing, clueless, visionless and selfish leaders if those of us who feel we can do better don't volunteer themselves for service. It's also not enough to simply turn up every four years to vote in elections, or else it will be a case of smart ones voting for buffoons.

If you know you have something to offer, join a political party today.

"The consequence of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" - Plato.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

We can pick up any number of issues and point to as reasons for pessimism. But an awful lot happens in 37 years. By 2050 the PIB bill would be an obscure academic issue discussed mainly by economic historians of the period.

True but Nigeria stands a better chance of getting to where you vision it will be by 2050 if the PIB passes in 2013 than if it does in 2016 for example, we certainly will be further along the development scale. My biggest interest in 2013 though is electricity, this administration has made it a point to pursue that, if we do achieve significant progress here in 2013 then I will be confident that we can get there in that time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Yet To Be Defeated - Buhari / Alex Badeh’s Driver Is Alive, Investigations Underway / Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.