Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) (23175 Views)

Nigerians’ll Starve To Death By 2050, If… —presidency / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
dreamer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Rossikki: 4:05am On Jul 20, 2014
adamdbt: dreamer

You have to dream before your dreams can come true.

- A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by DebateNigeria: 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
This is what I call Vision, someone is thinking.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Mark1979: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Free mobile app security app created to help with personal safety of Nigerians. It is a called 9ra Naija rescue alert, available on download on google play and google. Let your family and friends know about it. Thank you.

Let me know what you think of this app
http://www.naijarescuealert.com/
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Curlieweed: 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
If we continue with our deluded "one" Nigeria, we will have these in 2050;

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Rossikki: 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
[size=15pt]Moody’s – Nigeria to be among 15 largest economies by 2050 with GDP of $4.5 trillion[/size]

April 14, 2014

Ratings agency Moody’s published a statement last week on Nigeria’s rebased GDP of $510 billion, which it estimates would surge to $4.5 trillion by 2050.

Moody’s which has a Ba3 stable rating on Nigeria said that the rebasing exercise was supportive of assessing the nations sovereign credit profile, although it does not change the government’s nominal stock of outstanding debt, nor its revenue generation capacity to service that debt.

“With a population of 170 million and oil reserves estimated at around 37.2 trillion barrels (or roughly 28 percent of total African reserves), Nigeria is likely to number among the world’s 15 largest economies by 2050 when GDP is projected to exceed $4.5 trillion in purchasing power parity terms,” said Aurelien Mali, VP-Senior Analyst, Moody’s.

“From a credit standpoint, the revised GDP estimates allow a better understanding of the Nigerian economy and its underlying resilience.”

The rebasing of Nigeria’s GDP follows similar rebasing exercises by more than a dozen other African countries over the past decade, resulting in a range of revisions of national output, from an 11 percent reduction in the case of Botswana (A2 stable) to a 66 percent increase in the case of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (B3 stable).

Moody’s notes that in Nigeria’s case, the GDP revision is more spectacular as it means the country has now overtaken South Africa to become the largest economy in Africa, with its ranking among global economies jumping from 36th to 28th, with an economy almost as large as that of the Netherlands.

Furthermore, the rebasing sees an improvement in several key credit ratios, including debt to GDP, which has declined from 19 percent to 11 percent for 2012, and interest payments to GDP.

The revision mostly impacted the services sector, which is now estimated to be 240 percent larger than previously thought, compared with agriculture (20 percent increase on previous estimate) and industry (34 percent).

It also revealed that Nigeria’s economy is more diverse than originally accounted for.

New industries are now recognized, including: food, beverages and tobacco, chemicals, chemical products and pharmaceutical products, arts, and entertainment and recreation.

Consequently, agriculture’s share of GDP in 2013 shrank from 35 percent to 22 percent, and industry’s portion fell from 36 percent to 26 percent, while services expanded from 29 percent to 52 percent of GDP.

Within services, the share of telecommunications and information services increased tenfold, from 0.86 percent to 8.69 percent of GDP.

However, other key credit metrics are negatively affected.

Fiscal revenues relative to GDP for 2013 have decreased from an estimated 25 percent to 14 percent.

The rebasing also means foreign exchange reserves relative to GDP are now far smaller, compounding the credit-negative impact of the depletion of the Excess Crude Account (ECA) over the last 18 months due to below-budgeted oil production to the tune of 600,000 barrels per day, according to Moody’s.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/04/moodys-nigeria-to-be-among-15-largest-economies-by-2050-with-gdp-of-4-5-trillion/#.U8vkJuGVsgQ
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by brownlords: 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Untill we kill all witches and wizard in Benin, I don't think we can turn the city to a modern one from ancient city, how do I know, over 5 minutes waiting for the Benin picture to open so I can atleast see what the op choose for the city, yet it's not opening, all the bini witch make una commot una leg for ground na. Haba
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Rossikki: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Lolz cool
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
brownlords: Untill we kill all witches and wizard in Benin, I don't think we can turn the city to a modern one from ancient city, how do I know, over 5 minutes waiting for the Benin picture to open so I can atleast see what the op choose for the city, yet it's not opening, all the bini witch make una commot una leg for ground na. Haba

Funny dude. Lol.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by igbo2011(m): 2:59am On Jul 28, 2014
What wil Nigerian's be THINKING lie in 2050? Will we still have inferiority complex, self hate, lo selfesteem, stockholm dyndrome, being naive, love our image, love our history, love our people? What will the schools and media portray for Africans. What types of religions will most Nigerian's practice. That is what I also care about.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by igbo2011(m): 3:03am On Jul 28, 2014
brownlords: Untill we kill all witches and wizard in Benin, I don't think we can turn the city to a modern one from ancient city, how do I know, over 5 minutes waiting for the Benin picture to open so I can atleast see what the op choose for the city, yet it's not opening, all the bini witch make una commot una leg for ground na. Haba

Wjat does religion have to do with being "modern". Nigerians are brainwashed.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by robosky02(m): 9:01am On Jul 31, 2015
dreamer wake up
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
igbo2011:
What wil Nigerian's be THINKING lie in 2050? Will we still have inferiority complex, self hate, lo selfesteem, stockholm dyndrome, being naive, love our image, love our history, love our people? What will the schools and media portray for Africans. What types of religions will most Nigerian's practice. That is what I also care about.

Very good and pertinent questions. Well, one definitely marries the above images with a positively evolving consciousness in the Nigerian collective in the run-up to 2050.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 22, 2015
we pray oo.imagin Where China,america etc would be
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 22, 2015
Op keep dreaming. Nigeria!!!!!!!, I laugh in ikwere, anyways it's good to dream. Waoooooooooooo, snow in August, I love it...................... tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day / Governor Matawalle Sacks Abubakar Chika Ibrahim, Emir Of Maru / David Lyon Calls Tinubu "My Leader" During Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.