Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167019 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
euromilion:

My broda pls can u give me d phone number of d Aluminium and ceiling company where u bought ur pls.

For the pvc ceilings, just google Amoula(paragon) PVC. They are in morrison crescent by Alausa busstop off Oregun road. I bought them at the rate of N1300 per strip but am guessing a new price increase took effect from the 1st of this month. Please google it to confirm, but for the aluminium, it's Alahu Resources, somewhere in mulero, Iyana Ipaja
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
Muyesky:
Didn't make any for the entrance and back door, but the toilet/bathrooms, I made them 2ft x 2ft.

Thanks. How much did you pay for this 2x2ft window guards?

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
Muyesky:
For the pvc ceilings, just google Amoula(paragon) PVC. They are in morrison crescent by Alausa busstop off Oregun road. I bought them at the rate of N1300 per strip but am guessing a new price increase took effect from the 1st of this month. Please google it to confirm, but for the aluminium, it's Alahu Resources, somewhere in mulero, Iyana Ipaja

How many strips of the PVC was required for the whole house or per room of how many feet?

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
mufutau55:

Thanks. How much did you pay for this 2x2ft window guards?

Mufutau

N2000
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
mufutau55:

How many strips of the PVC was required for the whole house or per room of how many feet?

Mufutau

The house is 40ft x 40ft and I used a total of 110 strips of the PVC. Thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
Muyesky:

The house is 40ft x 40ft and I used a total of 110 strips of the PVC. Thanks

Thank you Muyesky, you have been of great help. For some of us buidling houses from abroad, the estimates
are very valuable to guard us from scam or ripoffs. Thanks a lot.

Mufutau

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Chekitaut: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
Good work, so much money have being spent...I will advice whoever is reading this trend or to anybody building, concrete work is very very important during foundation, so many depend on block but someday when vibration come it will crack the building also the weight of your roofing can crack it that you will need to rebuild, for Bungalow building cast a plank raft foundation and ring it when you intend doing DPC, use pillars aswell to window level internal and external to roofing, carry out a chain lintel external, these are good for a good builder. Home is not build for 10yrs life span but as many as possible decades

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
Muyesky:

Thnx bro,
I tried googling Allahu for d roofing,but they seemed not to have website,.I wanted to call them first b/4 sending someone there because am not in 9ja to do it myself.,

Thnx again.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
euromilion:

Thnx bro,
I tried googling Allahu for d roofing,but they seemed not to have website,.I wanted to call them first b/4 sending someone there because am not in 9ja to do it myself.,

Thnx again.

08023045351, 08082615955.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
mufutau55:

Thank you Muyesky, you have been of great help. For some of us buidling houses from abroad, the estimates
are very valuable to guard from scam or ripoffs. Thanks a lot.

Mufutau

I am really so happy and proud to have followers like you guys. All I really need right now is prayers.......there is still more work to be done: tiling, fencing, electrical fittings, painting etc. With God by my side, I hope to achieve these in no time, so u cld all come eat rice with me during the house warming.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
Muyesky:

I am really so happy and proud to have followers like you guys. All I really need right now is prayers.......there is still more work to be done: tiling, fencing, electrical fittings, painting etc. With God by my side, I hope to achieve these in no time, so u cld all come eat rice with me during the house warming.

God will always be with you until and after completion of the building.
My prayer is with you always. Insha-Allah you will complete it with good health and occupy the house with the same.

Mufutau

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Chekitaut: 5:49am On Mar 19, 2013
euromilion:

Thnx bro,

Thnx again.
Euromilion you still not ok with the price i send to you? lets talk...call 08055545355
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:44am On Mar 22, 2013
@Muyesky
What materials are needed for German Floor? Is iron needed at all.. or it's just sand and cement? Please explain in details.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by payoski: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2013
Muyesky:

here is the floor plan, i hope you'll find it useful smiley
Pls my brother I have been tying to post my floor plant for every one to see, so how did u post yours by scanning or how?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by payoski: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2013
doctorgold: @ OP, this is a job well done. God will continue to provide for you. I wish to point ur attention to the fact that it is bad practice to construct a building without oversite concrete. If your architect included the sections in the drawing document, that means you chose to ignore it. The wall of your building tends to draw water frm the ground with time and it may lead to peeling of the paints at the base of the wall in the rooms. That is what oversite concrete prevents. Weldone all the same. God will build you a bigger one .
doctor, am starting my soon what of if I use solid block the one without hole, for my foundation because floor tile will later take up to 4inch thickness, and high foundation what about that?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:30am On Mar 22, 2013
mufutau55: @Muyesky
What materials are needed for German Floor? Is iron needed at all.. or it's just sand and cement? Please explain in details.

Hajji Mufutau

Yes, iron is definitely needed. It serves to hold the foundation together. Infact, a lot is needed. You also need planks too but then I can't really tell u how much cos I don't even know what your plan looks like.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2013
payoski:
Pls my brother I have been tying to post my floor plant for every one to see, so how did u post yours by scanning or how?

You have to scan it first and the size of ur scan will definitely be very large so, you have to reduce the size and make sure it does not exceed 200kb, then u can paste.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thanks Muyesky. I know they will use planks all that too.. I just wasn't sure if they also use iron. My duplex has already past the foundation level, they have laid few coaches of blocks past the foundation.. but they never did the German floor, I was told it could be done later. The german floor for the Boy's Quarter was done and since I was not in Nigeria everything was done in my absence, so I never really get to see how some things are done, that is why I am learning from here. One of the dis-advantage of being in diaspora. I will see if I can get the photo of the level of the duplex and post it here.. I am taking my time in doing this building as fund is not that available, too many projects.. Thank you.

Mufutau

The photos is posted below.. the Duplex is the incomplete one and the BQ is the completed one at the back and will be roofed in two weeks.
I will be coming home to complete the Duplex to Lintel level soon, then comes the big money of Decking... (this is the only best picture I have)

Muyesky:
Yes, iron is definitely needed. It serves to hold the foundation together. Infact, a lot is needed.
You also need planks too but then I can't really tell u how much cos I don't even know what your plan looks like.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Schynam: 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Congrats. But what are some of the things you listed in your receipts?

Schnapps?
Ojagba?
Family?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Schynam: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
I need affordable bungalow house designs/plans. All en-suite(Whatever that means).
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
mufutau55: Thanks Muyesky. I know they will use planks all that too.. I just wasn't sure if they also use iron. My duplex has already past the foundation level,
they have laid few coaches of blocks past the foudation.. but they never did the German floor, I was told it could be done later. The german floor for
the Boy's Quarter was done and since I was not in Nigeria everything was done in my absence, so I never really get to see how some things are
done, that is why I am learning from here. One of the disadvantage of being in diaspora. I will see if I can get the photo of the level of
the duplex and post it here.. I am taking my time in doing this building as fund is not that available, too many projects.. Thank you.

Mufutau

The photos is posted below.. the Duplex is the inmcoplete one and the BQ iis the completed one at the back and will be roofed in two weeks.
I will be coming home to complete the Duplex to Lintel level soon, then comes the big money of Decking... (this is the only best picture I have)

Well done bro, the important thing is that u got it started and that will definitely put your mind towards its completion. Its a journey of many miles but just like you, I have taken the first step. Once again, congrats and hope to see the completion soon.............very soon.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Schynam: Congrats. But what are some of the things you listed in your receipts?

Schnapps?
Ojagba?
Family?

In doing the proper estimate of a building, certain things aree always overlooked but when you sum them together, they tend to matter a lot financially.
Schnapps: I actually bought some for the land owners for prayers while working.

Ojagba: aka wood binder, that's what is used to bind the roofing wood to the building itself for tightness and firmness. Every house carries it.

Family: some unaccounted for money spent or given to the land owners, u really cannot escape things like this once in a while. Its all for the greater good.

I hope this answers your questions?

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
mufutau55: Thanks Muyesky. I know they will use planks all that too.. I just wasn't sure if they also use iron. My duplex has already past the foundation level,
they have laid few coaches of blocks past the foudation.. but they never did the German floor, I was told it could be The photos is posted below.. the Duplex is the inmcoplete one and the BQ iis the completed one at the back and will be roofed in two weeks.

Good job Mutau55. It's going nicely. When you're doing your decking, please give us live news. Doing these things from diaspora is not easy. I have just roofed my own from diaspora........

Next project God willing will involve at least a penthouse but most likely a duplex...so I want to gather decking experience from a fellow diasporan. Next project, I will be going home to supervise it myself.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 4:22am On Mar 23, 2013
Area-Fada:

Good job Mutau55. It's going nicely. When you're doing your decking, please give us live news. Doing these things from diaspora is not easy. I have just roofed my own from diaspora........

Next project God willing will involve at least a penthouse but most likely a duplex...so I want to gather decking experience from a fellow diasporan. Next project, I will be going home to supervise it myself.

No problem Area-Fada. I will surely post the information.. I also have extra plot beside the Duplex that I will use for Bungalow later.
If I know what I know now from Nairaland, I would have done something differently. You are right doing this from diaspora and not having
enough travel time is a problem in quickly completing the projects. No one can be trusted at home to help you do this.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tunde57: 7:20am On Mar 23, 2013
Thanks alot for sharing your experience and progress of your buitiful house. I am also constructing a two flats of one three & one two bedrooms at Abeokuta and I have just got to the roofing stage which I am yet to embark upon. However, I plan to use Asbestos Roofing Sheets due to some constraints and go for the Amoula PVC Ceiling Strips.
Could you please confirm if you sourced the PVC Ceiling Installer yourself or was he recommended by Amoula. And secondly, could you please let me know how much you paid for the 4ft Entrance Door and how much a complete Aluminium window is costing for one standard room window, also what type of doors are you intending to use internally and what is the cost per one complete door with frame.
Thanking you for your anticipated response, and please pardon me if I have asked so many questions at one time as I dont reside in Naija and I am thinking of comming home in June to choose and decide what internal fixtures that would be used and do whatever I can before returning to my base in the UK. Futhermore, could please link me with the PVC installer if he is willing to go and work in Abeokuta.
Kind Regards
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:29am On Mar 23, 2013
tunde57: Thanks alot for sharing your experience and progress of your buitiful house. I am also constructing a two flats of one three & one two bedrooms at Abeokuta and I have just got to the roofing stage which I am yet to embark upon. However, I plan to use Asbestos Roofing Sheets due to some constraints and go for the Amoula PVC Ceiling Strips.
Could you please confirm if you sourced the PVC Ceiling Installer yourself or was he recommended by Amoula. And secondly, could you please let me know how much you paid for the 4ft Entrance Door and how much a complete Aluminium window is costing for one standard room window, also what type of doors are you intending to use internally and what is the cost per one complete door with frame.
Thanking you for your anticipated response, and please pardon me if I have asked so many questions at one time as I dont reside in Naija and I am thinking of comming home in June to choose and decide what internal fixtures that would be used and do whatever I can before returning to my base in the UK. Futhermore, could please link me with the PVC installer if he is willing to go and work in Abeokuta.
Kind Regards

Pvc guy was recommended by amoula and yes, he travels to even as far as the north to install so Abeokuta is a stone throw. The front entrance door cost 45k, a complete wondow aluminium with net(4ft x 4ft)will be 5k then u multiply by the numbers of windows you have. Internally, I have 10 doors nd the frame already installed for them is mahogany wood so that's what I will be using to complete them, each door at the rate of 12k, but there are cheaper ones depending on your taste and quality. When ever you are ready, the PVC guy will be on standby. Thanks

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2013
Muyesky:

Pvc guy was recommended by amoula and yes, he travels to even as far as the north to install so Abeokuta is a stone throw. The front entrance door cost 45k, a complete wondow aluminium with net(4ft x 4ft)will be 5k then u multiply by the numbers of windows you have. Internally, I have 10 doors nd the frame already installed for them is mahogany wood so that's what I will be using to complete them, each door at the rate of 12k, but there are cheaper ones depending on your taste and quality. When ever you
are ready, the PVC guy will be on standby.

Windows 5k?.
Pls where did u buy ur windows?

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
euromilion:

Windows 5k?.
Pls where did u buy ur windows?

My bad!!!!!! I actually meant 8.5k.......so sorry about the confusion for each window with net.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
Muyesky:

My bad!!!!!! I actually meant 8.5k.......so sorry about the confusion for each window with net.

@muyesky,

My builder is recommending metal doors throughout the house. This should start after Easter God willing. But is there any real advantage of metal doors inside the house? The internal doors should be about 16 or so, not sure until I have a look at the plan again.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Area-Fada:

@muyesky,

My builder is recommending metal doors throughout the house. This should start after Easter God willing. But is there any real advantage of metal doors inside the house? The internal doors should be about 16 or so, not sure until I have a look at the plan again.

I don't think you need metal doors internally.. the metal doors should only be good for entrance and exit doors, wooden doors are mostly used internally.. and don't forget about iron security guards for windows and some people even install iron door guards inside for added security to support the metal doors.

Mufutau

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
Area-Fada:

@muyesky,

Why would you need metal doors throughout the house? Never heard of or seen that........unless you are actually trying to build a vault or a strong room. Believe me, it has no advantage at all..........once again, never heard of it but you could be the first but please find other reasonable avenues to channel your hard earned cash........just a piece of advise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63