Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167065 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by beedam(f): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
@ muyesky and hajji muftau, I believe you will both cut out my own room because I can't keep following your updates in vain o!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
beedam: @ muyesky and hajji muftau, I believe you will both cut out my own room because I can't keep following your updates in vain o!

We will both share a room with Muyesky, I know he has plenty around.

Hajji M.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by beedam(f): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
mufutau55:

We will both share a room with Muyesky, I know he has plenty around.

Hajji M.
. Why are u shifting it on muyesky? Haba!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
beedam: .
Why are u shifting it on muyesky? Haba!

The Oga get strong and big shoulder pass mine oh!

Hajji M.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
mufutau55:

The Oga get strong and big shoulder pass mine oh!

Hajji M.

My Oga, I still be small boy for where una dey o! grin
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by beedam(f): 8:48am On Dec 19, 2013
@ hajji muftau and muyesky....this isn't a joke o. I can't just follow in vain.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2013
beedam: @ hajji muftau and muyesky....this isn't a joke o. I can't just follow in vain.

Duly noted madam, I will act accordingly and make sure yours is included grin
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by joecooper(m): 11:36am On Dec 19, 2013
NICE ONE
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
beedam: @ hajji muftau and muyesky....this isn't a joke o. I can't just follow in vain.

No problem, as Oga Muyesky commented above, you will be accomodated. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by beedam(f): 5:41am On Dec 21, 2013
Thanks to muyesky and no thanks to hajji mufutau. grin
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
beedam: Thanks to muyesky and no thanks to hajji mufutau. grin

My sister, make you no vex oh! na poverty.. I go offer you something too when my time comes oh!.. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by beedam(f): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Can't help but laugh.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by keziah123: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2013
Pls confirm how many bags of cement, trips of sand and labor cost for your plastering works.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
keziah123: Pls confirm how many bags of cement, trips of sand and labor cost for your plastering works.

140 bags of cement

20 tonnes of plaster sand

10 tonnes of sharp sand

120k for labour
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by keziah123: 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
Muyesky:

140 bags of cement

10 tonnes of sharp sand

120k for labour
TNX Bro
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tlops(m): 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy new year!

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
tlops: Happy new year!

Same to you sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by eyoiba(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Muyesky:

140 bags of cement

10 tonnes of sharp sand

120k for labour

Muyesky, God bless you for this tread, Im so addicted to the point that I read the whole tread. I have learnt a lot which I will also apply to my project which is at the window level presently. For doing this your generation will never lack shelter on their head. I will definately call you for some guidance, though I'm outside Lagos. I didn't do German floor also but I did capping on the foundation block I even layed foundation nylon before pouring cement on the blocks. My site is not water logged ie dry but not too far from a stream like 200m away. I think what I have done should keep water away from penetrating the building or I'm I wrong? Also do still need to do the German floor (I intend tiling everywhere ) or can I use the method you advised someone earlier ie to make the floor plastering at least 4 inches thick. Kindly reply so that others too can learn. Also my email is abioye2k2@yahoo.com.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
eyoiba:

Muyesky, God bless you for this tread, Im so addicted to the point that I read the whole tread. I have learnt a lot which I will also apply to my project which is at the window level presently. For doing this your generation will never lack shelter on their head. I will definately call you for some guidance, though I'm outside Lagos. I didn't do German floor also but I did capping on the foundation block I even layed foundation nylon before pouring cement on the blocks. My site is not water logged ie dry but not too far from a stream like 200m away. I think what I have done should keep water away from penetrating the building or I'm I wrong? Also do still need to do the German floor (I intend tiling everywhere ) or can I use the method you advised someone earlier ie to make the floor plastering at least 4 inches thick. Kindly reply so that others too can learn. Also my email is abioye2k2@yahoo.com.

Thank you sir, German floor is an added re enforcemnt to you building so if you have the money please do go ahead and do it. The nylon you have added is still a double protection and that can never be too much. Please, feel free to call me whenever necessary and i will definitely be on hand to guide you.
God bless you sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Missktinz: 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
Muyesky:

Thank you sir, German floor is an added re enforcemnt to you building so if you have the money please do go ahead and do it. The nylon you have added is still a double protection and that can never be too much. Please, feel free to call me whenever necessary and i will definitely be on hand to guide you.
God bless you sir smiley

Mr Muyiwa, I sent you an email. Kindly respond. Thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Missktinz:

I already replied madam, but will resend now. So sorry about that
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Missktinz:

Mail sent madam
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Muyesky:

I already replied madam, but will resend now. So sorry about that

Madam, please can you confirm you have received my reply to your mail?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Missktinz: 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Muyesky:

Madam, please can you confirm you have received my reply to your mail?

I replied. Talk to you later, thanks.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by trumpcoat(m): 12:11am On Jan 10, 2014
Create a beautiful home with colours and hues that reflect your personality

+234 [0] 80 2828 7950
http://trumpcoat.gnbo.com.ng
http://professionalpainter.gnbo.com.ng

1 Share

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Moses112: 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Is this thread closed or still functioning Mr. Muyesky.
I will like the address of the place you bought your aluminium but I will want step tiles. I need this as I am at the stage of roofing my four bedroom bungalow in Obantoko, Abeokuta
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
Muyesky:

smiley
Only the best is good enough, that is why i have decided to go for Nigerchin. though expensive but the quality is in it

Oga Muyesky, thank you for the advice, as I told you ealier, I was looking for Nigerian Wires and Cables (NWC) product in the market but we couldn't find, though my Engineer insisted we should by Coleman, also made in Nigeria as I was told, + I used to see there office along Lagos/Ibadan express way. Though we saw Nigerchin, the guy said he didn't want that even though its thesame price with the Coleman. After we stood up to make a leave, an advanced man (also there to buy stuffs) and seems to have knowledge about electrical works called me and adviced I should go for that my guy advised. He also asked the guy series of questions about what wire guage he intend using for different sections of the house, and after hearing the guy's response, he even cpmmended the guy and assured me the guy is doing an exellent work.

All the Engineers or generalky put, Electricians, that entered the shop, the guy would call and asked them if I can get NWC and the response is always, "where e dey?" And they all advice we go for Coleman which is also a pure copper (Not galvanised). I'll see if I can get a magnet to site tomorrow to test if it will stick, lol. That's what I just leard today. If its magnetic, its a fake....
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
After a long time off, work finally resumes on the "Apocalypse". smiley

Erecting the fence comes first and this will include a gate house, lock up shop, generator house and a small office. All on one and half plot and required to achieve this:
6" blocks: 5300 x N120 = N636,000
Cement: 100bags x N1,800 = N180,000
Sharp sand: 2 x N28,000 = N56,000
Gravel: 2 x N25,000 = N50,000
Digging and blinding =N35,000
Block Setting(bricklayer) = N4000/100 blocks I.e
N216,000
12mm iron rod: 56 x N1,300 = N72,000
16mm iron rod: 12 x N2,500 = N30,000
8mm iron rod: 18 x N900 = N16,200
Welder: N40,000
.........and more to come.

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
wink

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tivta(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Welcome back. Pepper don rest abi? Lol. I pray God gives you enough funds to finish it once and for all.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nice to see you back on this thread.. God will do it.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
tivta: Welcome back. Pepper don rest abi? Lol. I pray God gives you enough funds to finish it once and for all.

Bros, no be small! grin
Man must survive na?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.