Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? (7948 Views)

The Access Intercontinental Bank Fraud In Picture / Intercontinental Bank Ipo Certificate Out? / Intercontinental Bank Share Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by 1stblessed: 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
Please help me. I just found out that I still have my money in the defunct Intercontinental bank. Actually, I bought some shares back in 2006 from this bank. I still have their deposit slip with me. How can I claim my money? Please advice.
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by mayoroflag(m): 8:29am On Feb 27, 2013
Get in touch with {United Securities Limited}
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by mayoroflag(m): 8:33am On Feb 27, 2013
I should add though that you ought to have gotten your share certificates by now or returned money depending on the outcome of your application....given that Access Bank is also teething through its acquisition of Intercontinental Bank, you will have to play the vulture - exercise an extreme deal of patience - and prepare for an unreal price valuation relative to your initial investment...cheers...

1 Like

Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by Seun(m): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2013
@mayorflag:
When he contacts {United Securities Limited}, what kind of help is he likely to get? What would they ask for? What will he get in return?
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by mayoroflag(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2013
They will require to know
- if has a copy of his application form
- a deposit slip evidencing that he paid for the shares
- if he is the true owner, by confirming his ID with an Int'l passport/ Drivers Licence
- if he can answer a few details off the bat to confirm his identity (contact address, date of birth etc.)

They will check their records to confirm the status of the application whether
- his application was rejected or
- his application was partially/ fully accepted
- he has returned money and the status of the returned money
- he has dividends and what has become of them

In any case he should ask on the latter even if they don't give him...
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by keni: 10:56am On Feb 27, 2013
United Securities limited
10, Amodu Ojikutu Street
Victoria island lagos
Tel: +234 1 271 4566-7
Fax: +234 1 903 2155
Email: info@unitedsecuritieslimited.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by juliebest(f): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
What if one bought the shares through a stock broker? I have a receipt from the stockbroking company and a text message from nse confirming the no of shares bought.
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by mayoroflag(m): 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
@ Juliebest: It seems your question might be different. Did you buy the shares during a public offer? If yes, same as earlier discussed applies to you.

If the stockbroker helped you purchase on the floor of the stock exchange, your shares are lodged with CSCS under the custodianship of the stockbroking firm your stockbrokers worked for at the time of the purchase. Your dividend should have been sent to the address you specified in your application form, depending on if you the company declared dividend. In any case you did not mention the name of the company's shares that you bought...
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by 1stblessed: 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
Thanks @Seun, Mayoroflag and Keni. Just searching through my old books, I found a dividend payment slip from the same bank (Intercontinental bank). Which means my application was accepted then. But never received any certificate.

I just forgot that I had share in that bank due to relocation.
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by mayoroflag(m): 10:24am On Feb 28, 2013
You might need to confirm the status of your certificate because there was a time that a syndicate was lifting various certificates and dividends from the mail system and converting them while passing off as the owners.

You might do well to call them first.
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by juliebest(f): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
Thanks mayoroflag. I bought intercontinental bank shares thru cashcraft. I was told that my dividend wil b sent 2 my bank acc on my application form. But now they r acces bank,does it mean I now have access bank shares? I've not receivd d certificate.
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by mayoroflag(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Eventually, you'll get the Access Bank share certificate.

You should visit the registrars to obtain info on what has become of your shares and dividends and treat this as urgent..
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by jzsho(m): 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
You need to get your evidence of purchase and go to any near by Access bank branch.

You will be attended to and your request will be sent to United Securities for proper verification of onwership.

After wish your request will be treated and your understanding warrants, bonus and share certificate will be diapatched via the address provided,

Regards
Re: How To Redeem Former Intercontinental Bank Shares? by omoyeme8: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
mayoroflag(m), jzsho(m),Please I seem to have a different issue I how 29,000 units and I already have the certificat beacause I bought it through share loan but as i speak I have never received any dividend on it. How do I know the equivalent to Access bank shares and is it possible to sell it off? because I want to dispose it. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Product Barcode Registration In Nigeria / Coloured T-shirts at Wholesale Price at Onitsha Main Market - Resellers Wanted / Start Your Own Boxer Production Business With Less Than N200, 000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.