Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters (41293 Views)

Photos: Checkout These Very Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters, Laugh It Off. / Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures) / Funny Church Posters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by bedford101(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
Forget church name and just grab the message. Jesus did not leave us with any church name, na we we begin give worship centres names
No tell me wat u will grab with this msg "Point and kill" (pls interpret this in simple and correct English ===> Oh God na so we go de dey), my bro we know names does not matters but to an extent it does matters "Azonto for Christ" sad
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Goshen360(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
When you condemn people, it is judgement. And we've been expressly comanded not to judge.

What is condemnation is calling name? You call names calling condemnation? Didn't Apostle Paul called names? Besides, the judgment we are NOT allowed is 'hypocritical' judgment - doing the same thing and judging the other person for doing such. Like thief calling another thief a thief - that's hypocritical judgment. Read you bible in context please. Believers can judge ourselves and among ourselves. It's there in the bible and I expect you of all people to know this.

FXKing2012:

And how have they acted like yahoo boys? They are only trying to communicate with and reach out to folks that may not understand high-end English as rendered by Rev. Chris Okotie and pastor Chris Oyak. Those who only understand pidgin English or who have spent their entire lives in slums also need to be reached out to.

Now, how do you reach out to such people if you dont 'speak their language'? Or do you suggest we neglect them simply because they dont measure up to us?

And since when is acting like a thief tantamount to being a thief? Is it really fair being called a thief just because you are perceived as acting as one?

Must they carry cutlass in pictures in order to communicate the truth of whatever message they are passing across? Where did you read any of the Apostles doing all those things in those posters? Doesn't that show a yahoo boy-like character among Christians. Must they act like yahoo boys in order to win a yahoo boy? Must we fornicate because we want to win a fornicator? If they can't communicate in a simple way without ridiculing Christianity, then they should keep quiet.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Tgirl4real(f): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
jidewin: Tgirl4real

My dear...Thank you for this hilarious post grin grin grin grin grin.I laughed so hard and was crying,my flatmate had to come and join me to see what was making my laugh and cry.You have made my evening.In fact Naija churches......EISH in ZULU! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I couldn't help but share.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by FXKing2012(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
bedford101: No tell me wat u will grab with this msg "Point and kill" (pls interpret this in simple and correct English ===> Oh God na so we go de dey), my bro we know names does not matters but to an extent it does matters "Azonto for Christ" sad
How do u communicate with someone who doesnt speak like you? Have u heard this saying: to catch a monkey you act like one?
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Born2beRich1(m): 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
You sure say muskeetoo no be one of the people were they pose for the prison break poster so.grin...abeg na joke i dey joke oh...

To be serious, this is not right and God is watching everyone..
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
It's funny how peeps would defend things like this. The 'do not judge' verse has to be the most misapplied verse in the bible.

Jesus rebuked the pharisees all the time, even rebuked Peter. John condemned the attitude of a certain christian Diotrephes who acted badly towards those taking the lead. Paul also rebuked Peter at a time for pretense. So why is it you guys scream judging when someone condemns another person's actions?

I must admit, either peeps are just so dumb or these pastors are damn smart. While fleecing you and teaching you unbiblical doctrines, they keep reminding you that it is a sin to judge.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Goshen360(m): 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
How do u communicate with someone who doesnt speak like you? Have u heard this saying: to catch a monkey you act like one?

Very simple - communicate is a simple manner NOT point and kill or carrying cutlass on posters as Christians.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
cut the crap jare. So hot girls, odeshi and the like are the things the average christian understands abi? Keep defending trash.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by FXKing2012(m): 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360:
Must they carry cutlass in pictures in order to communicate the truth of whatever message they are passing across? Where did you read any of the Apostles doing all those things in those posters? Doesn't that show a yahoo boy-like character among Christians. Must they act like yahoo boys in order to win a yahoo boy? Must we fornicate because we want to win a fornicator? If they can't communicate in a simple way without ridiculing Christianity, then they should keep quiet.
Last time I checked it's not a sin to carry cutlass.
What we all need to understand is that the carrying of a cutlass is nothing more than symbolism. The message being sent is what we should concentrate on, not the method.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by bedford101(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
@FX nor vex o, but eh belik say u get Church o cheesy -guy na there u go de collect ur major o cheesy
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Goshen360(m): 10:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
Last time I checked it's not a sin to carry cutlass.
What we all need to understand is that the carrying of a cutlass is nothing more than symbolism. The message being sent is what we should concentrate on, not the method.

Okay, can you tell us the 'spiritual' meaning of carrying cutlass since it is symbolic. And please, don't forget to add scriptures o. Also, we'll need the 'spiritual' meaning of point and kill. Remember acting against scripture is like acting against a constitution of a country.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, can you tell us the 'spiritual' meaning of carrying cutlass since it is symbolic. And please, don't forget to add scriptures o. Also, we'll need the 'spiritual' meaning of point and kill
hehehe... Point and kill the enemy. Many churches are obsessed with enemies. Same enemies Jesus said we should love and pray for.

If dem tell some people say dem no be christians dem go start to quote "do not judge".

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by bedford101(m): 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
Oahray: hehehe... Point and kill the enemy. Many churches are obsessed with enemies. Same enemies Jesus said we should love and pray for.

If dem tell some people say dem no be christians dem go start to quote "do not judge".
3 Like
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by FXKing2012(m): 10:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
Oahray:
Jesus rebuked the pharisees all the time, even rebuked Peter. John condemned the attitude of a certain christian Diotrephes who acted badly towards those taking the lead. Paul also rebuked Peter at a time for pretense. .
Jesus rebuked the false teachers because He could see their hearts to know they were fake.
Paul corrected Peter, not condemn.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
Tgirl4real: Odechi!! E no enter. Foolishness of d highest order. Mixing God with mammon.

Please keep that your religious dogma off the thread. "Odeshi" is an Igbo word, which can be used to translate anything in any language like the creators of the poster did. Just another typical deluded black lady degrading her own language out of inferiority complex.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Goshen360(m): 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
Oahray: hehehe... Point and kill the enemy. Many churches are obsessed with enemies. Same enemies Jesus said we should love and pray for.

I release eternal blessing on you and your eternal generation. I bless you from the depth of my heart. Here is your Apostolic blessing from me - The God that raised up Christ from the dead SHALL RAISE YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION TO A GREATER HEIGHT IN LIFE AND DESTINY. Watch it, it shall come to past in Jesus might name.

You see, that's why I'm very angry with all these 'enemy must die' gospel - because it is NOT Christ like. The same people that are saying enemy must die were once God's enemy. If God had killed them, will they be alive saying one enemy must die? This is where CHRISTianity is different from CHURCHianity and religion. To be a true Christian, one must act like CHRIST.

God bless you!
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Biim: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
I can't stop laughing at the banners and comments.

Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by bedford101(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2013
^^^^^^^grin grin grin grin God help us thats all i have to say
Biim: I can't stop laughing at the banners and comments.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by FXKing2012(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, can you tell us the 'spiritual' meaning of carrying cutlass since it is symbolic. And please, don't forget to add scriptures o. Also, we'll need the 'spiritual' meaning of point and kill. Remember acting against scripture is like acting against a constitution of a country.
Are you aware the disciples of Jesus carried swords with them? Jesus even made mention of it here:
Luke 22:36 [Jesus] said to [the disciples], "But now the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag; and the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one."

I dont intend to dig further into this because it's not the important thing.

As much as I dont particularly agree with their methodology and even find it very hilarious, I will never go as far as condemning them in my heart not to even talk of calling them fake because only God sees the heart.

Many of the dead big-name pastors have been known to make hell, so I've learned not to condemn anyone.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
Jesus rebuked the false teachers because He could see their hearts to know they were fake.
Paul corrected Peter, not condemn.
lol. Keep twisting english like many pastors do. Condemning a person's action is a way of correcting the person. See how many translations render Gal 2:11

New International Version (©1984)
When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong.

New Living Translation (©2007)
But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.

English Standard Version (©2001)
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face because he stood condemned.

International Standard Version (©2012)
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly wrong.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
http://bible.cc/galatians/2-11.htm

Notice how Paul opposed or withstood Peter to the face. Does that sound like keeping quiet so he would 'not judge'? Well many of the translations add that Peter (Cephas) stood CONDEMNED. Isn't that judging?

Peter did what was not right and Paul opposed him. Enough said.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360:

I release eternal blessing on you and your eternal generation. I bless you from the depth of my heart. Here is your Apostolic blessing from me - The God that raised up Christ from the dead SHALL RAISE YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION TO A GREATER HEIGHT IN LIFE AND DESTINY. Watch it, it shall come to past in Jesus might name.

You see, that's why I'm very angry with all these 'enemy must die' gospel - because it is NOT Christ like. The same people that are saying enemy must die were once God's enemy. If God had killed them, will they be alive saying one enemy must die? This is where CHRISTianity is different from CHURCHianity and religion. To be a true Christian, one must act like CHRIST.

God bless you!
aaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeen! *claims blessing sharply* smiley
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by FXKing2012(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
Oahray: lol. Keep twisting english like many pastors do. Condemning a person's a ction is a way of correcting the person. See how many translations render Gal 2:11

Notice how Paul opposed or withstood Peter to the face. Does that sound like keeping quiet so he would 'judge'? Well many of the translations add that Peter (Cephas) stood CONDEMNED. Isn't that judging?

Peter did what was not right and Peter opposed him. Enough said.
All the different translations you posted only go to further buttress my argument that Paul only corrected Peter, not condemn him. Not even one of your posted translations mentions condemn, so why are you condemning?
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by pheyikemi: 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Oahray:
Peter did what was not right and Peter opposed him. Enough said.
hello, frm d bible context, Paul opposed not Peter
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Goshen360(m): 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
Are you aware the disciples of Jesus carried swords with them? Jesus even made mention of it here:
Luke 22:36 [Jesus] said to [the disciples], "But now the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag; and the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one."

I dont intend to dig further into this because it's not the important thing.

As much as I dont particularly agree with their methodology and even find it very hilarious, I will never go as far as condemning them in my heart not to even talk of calling them fake because only God sees the heart.

Many of the dead big-name pastors have been known to make hell, so I've learned not to condemn anyone.

You're still dodging the questions asked - The question is tell us the 'spiritual' meaning of carrying cutlass. Simple as ABC. You said it has spiritual meaning, then tell us what the spiritual meaning is. I'm waiting sir.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
All the different translations you posted only go to further buttress my argument that Paul only corrected Peter, not condemn him. Not even one of your posted translations mentions condemn, so why are you condemning?
here, use this bro *hands him glasses*

How did you miss the translations that said "He stood CONDEMNED"?

You miss something plainly written in black and white and try to say it is not condemnation, yet someone wrote 'pastor' in quote and you attacked him for judging.

Hypocrisy stinks mahn. Change.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Idowuogbo(f): 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
Imagine, make persin hand me dis kian flyer, na to ask am if na Iya Ehis or wazobia we dey go.Msteeeew!

Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 11:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
pheyikemi: hello, frm d bible context, Paul opposed not Peter
that's an obvious typo. Meant to write Paul. Thanks. Looks like we are having a lil problem with english here. Take a look at the first definition of 'condemn' in thefreedictionary. The Bible says that is what Paul did, and that is what people on this thread are doing too. It is not wrong to disapprove of something we know is wrong.
con·demn (k n-d m )
tr.v. con·demned, con·demn·ing, con·demns

1. To express strong disapproval of.

2. To pronounce judgment against; sentence.

3. To judge or declare to be unfit for use or consumption, usually by official order.

4. To lend credence to or provide evidence for an adverse judgment against: were condemned by their actions.

5. (Law) To appropriate (property) for public use.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=condemn
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by FXKing2012(m): 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
Oahray: here, use this bro *hands him glasses*

How did you miss the translations that said "He stood CONDEMNED"?

You miss something plainly written in black and white and try to say it is not condemnation, yet someone wrote 'pastor' in quote and you attacked him for judging.

Hypocrisy stinks mahn. Change.
The only translation that says 'he stood condemned' is yours cos you've not been able to show it from the scripture.
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 11:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
Idowuogbo: Imagine, make persin hand me dis kian flyer, na to ask am if na Iya Ehis or wazobia we dey go.Msteeeew!
Iya Ehis grin grin
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by Oahray: 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
The only translation that says 'he stood condemned' is yours cos you've not been able to show it from the scripture.
My God! shocked Three translations out of the ones I quoted says "he stood condemned". Is this how you argue the scriptures even when something is obvious?

Alright, lets remove those three translations that contain the word 'condemned' since they have suddenly become mine and no longer God's.

Since the others did not mention 'condemn', it means that is not what happened, right? So why did you accuse someone of condemning the pastors when he did not mention 'condemn' either?
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by FXKing2012(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
Goshen360:

You're still dodging the questions asked - The question is tell us the 'spiritual' meaning of carrying cutlass. Simple as ABC. You said it has spiritual meaning, then tell us what the spiritual meaning is. I'm waiting sir.
I dont remember saying carrying cutlass has spiritual meaning, I only said it is symbolic - they are only trying to use the symbol as a means of disseminating a certain information.

And tell us the spiritual implication of this Bible passage: Luke 22:36 [Jesus] said to [the disciples], "But now the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag; and the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one."
Re: Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters by FXKing2012(m): 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
Oahray:
Since the others did not mention 'condemn', it means that is not what happened, right? So why did you accuse someone of condemning the pastors when he did not mention 'condemn' either?
When you call or label someone a thief or yahoo boy, then you have condemned.

Think of a law court when a suspect is tried, found guilty and then sentenced/condemned. That is the meaning of condemn in this context and that's exactly what you guys are doing.

Pls desist from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now / Zimbabwean Pastor Beaten After Impregnating His Follower (photos) / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage By Dr. D.k. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.