Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers (6001 Views)

Please Nairalanders How Much Should A Start Up Pay Its Employees For A Start / Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by Papilo87(m): 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Note: Ngcareers, one of the nation's top job search sites recently launched a HR blog for entrepreneurs to get weekly tips on human resource management and recruiting from various professionals and consultants. Below is a post that will be of interest to young, first time entrepreneurs;

Determine your exact need and only hire for a position when the need is there. What changes will need to be made in your internal processes to accommodate the new hires.

Expand at Your Own Pace

Sometimes when business sales boom there is always the temptation to go out and recruit more hands. First consider the implications of hiring such as need for bigger office, increasing fixed expenses for wages and benefits, plus the personnel management issues.

When You Decide There is Need to Hire

If you have done your considerations and decide it’s time to recruit your first employee(s) here are some tips to help you make it a success

Be Clear on the Job Details

First draw up a clear and concise list of requirements and responsibilities for the prospective employees you intend hiring. It will be easier to manage such staff when you have clear tasks, duties and goals for them to handle

How to Attract the Right Candidates

Arguably one of the tasking aspects of hiring for an entrepreneur with little or no recruiting experience is to attract the right candidate for the vacancies.

Means of advertising your jobs to the right target audience of experienced and graduate career individuals can range from newspaper ads to placing your job listings in job sites and boards. However the costs and increasing use of technology means that advertising your jobs in newspapers may be too expensive for you. In Nigeria there are literally hundreds of job boards with no distinction however a couple like Ngcareers (yes our job search site has gradually emerged as a veritable platform for job advertising) have built a set of simple tools that help employers and business owners advertise their jobs and attract potential candidates at very little cost.

Getting the Right Result on Your Job Adverts

Many times we see jobs posted on our site for publishing and they have very scant information some even haev barely a paragraph. How do you attract a potential quality employee if you don’t create a compelling job ad that will convince them of the quality of work you have for them. See our various samples of job descriptions. The key is not to make it too long or short. Think like the job seeker. What kind of job ad will you see that will attract your interest and make you want to apply?

Screening Applications

With a clear sense of what you are looking for in a potential employee you will have to go through the several applications you are bound to get if for instance you Advertise your Jobs on Ngcareers. You have to determine if you need the services of a consultant to shortlist the applicants and schedule interviews.

Source: http://ngcareers.com/hr/17/hiring-your-first-employees-heres-some-tips-to-attract-quality-people-for-young-entepreneurs/
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by victorazy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
Self employed man mmmmm!!!!!
And first to comment!!! Dancing Azonto!

Oya Ogegod follow me and Scarpon, Iamswizz una be my boys don worry I go employ una.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by iamswizz(m): 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
very nice!!!!!

By the virtue of the Hidden post... i am 2nd tongue
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by Scarpon(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
me, just write sales girls wanted and I smash two times and u are fired
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by Ogegod87: 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
Thumbs up op. dis is a nice post.
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by healthcons: 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
The post is too long. Anyway nice post.
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by yuzedo: 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
if she have big brezz, big nyash and sweet ice-cream laps, HIRE HER!!! tongue wink

Hope this helps, cheers! kiss
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by Scarpon(m): 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
victorazy: Self employed man mmmmm!!!!!
And first to comment!!! Dancing Azonto!

Oya Ogegod follow me and Scarpon, Iamswizz una be my boys don worry I go employ una.
employ who?? I am dangote my friend
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by victorazy(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
Scarpon: employ who?? I am dangote my friend

Dangote! Sorry sir, ur majesty eeehh Wetin u come dey do for NL?
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by Scarpon(m): 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
I dey find all this nairaland bush meat
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by Scarpon(m): 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
victorazy:

Dangote! Sorry sir, ur majesty eeehh Wetin u come dey do for NL?
I dey find all this nairaland bush meat if u see any one hala my manager adenuga
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by bigx(m): 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
nice
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by kavey10(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
Is it just me or what, cos this knorkle2 guy needs help! ASAP
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by Shaw007(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
GUy lock up!!! . . . With the situation in this country these days,Employers need not worry about quality,just type two Lines for an opening and trust me,

. . . you'll get 200 qualified hits/second!!
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Not new. Any employer that does not know these in this century is a learner.
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by a1solution: 6:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
This tip is not for nigerians cos people even compete for sales girls position written in a plank.
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by mrperfect(m): 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
This is a good one, important thing to learn.
Re: Tips To Hire Your First Employees (for First Time Entreprenuers by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 28, 2013
healthcons: The post is too long. Anyway nice post.

[size=25]nansense post. The garri conversion factor remained thesame.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Liquid Soap Production / Importation From Vietnam! Successdigest Extra Interview Page! / Which Nigerian Credit Card Works On Facebook Advertising?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.