Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Beware! Fraudulent Qatar Work Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware! Fraudulent Qatar Work Visa (1504 Views)

UCC Offers Nigerians Qatar Work Visa For Free. / Qatar Work Visa For 600k.is It Worth It? / Post Study Work Visa - Points Based System Tier 1-rejection Without Appeal. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Beware! Fraudulent Qatar Work Visa by CGNTRAVELS: 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
Beware! Fraudulent Qatar Work Visa
Qatar as a country is rich in oil and gas resources which have fueled the infrastructural and economic development of this Arabian peninsula nation over the past decades. This economic boom has seen the migration of people from South East Asia, Europe, America and Africa to this small Gulf State. The local Qatari people are also friendly and receptive to foreigners of diverse languages, cultural and religious background. In anticipation of the influx of economic migrant to support the Nations growth, the government of the State of Qatar has an effective immigration system that has been designed to ensure that only legal immigrants are allowed to live and work in Qatar.
While Work Visa as it’s currently being secured for Nigerians by Local Nigerian agents in Qatar and their collaborators in Nigeria did grant you the right to live in Qatar, there is no job attached to this Visa. The impression given is that once you arrive in Qatar, Jobs are waiting for you as there are opportunities everywhere. This is not the truth as there are many Nigerians on the streets of Doha today seeking employment without headway for months and in some cases over a year.
This is aimed at educating Nigerians about the facts surrounding Qatar Work Visa and for them to review their plans based on the information provided below on the Work Visa in Qatar. What You Must Know about Qatar Work Visa.
Within three months of entering into Qatar on work visa, you will be required to complete the process of your residence permit. This information is usually not mentioned by these unscrupulous agents to their clients. Work Visa grants you access to the country as a legal immigrant, but without the residence permit, you cannot stay in Qatar. You will still need to pay for the processing of the residence permit. Before the permit is issued, you need to undergo a medical test, anyone that fail will be deported to his home country at his own cost immediately. There have been cases of deportation based on this requirement.
The fact is that, if you are lucky enough to get a job before you complete your residence permit process (Note the time limits in point 5 above and the restriction posed by visa type in point 3), it may be easy to process your residence permit under the new employer. However, if you are not able to get a job within three months, and you have to do the residence permit under the company that processed your visa to Qatar, then you cannot change job or sponsoring company until after one year. The implication of this is that you will be in Qatar without any paid employment for the next one year. That’s a whole year wasted and many in that condition are very much dependent on relations from Nigeria to send money for their upkeep or rely on the benevolence of other Nigerians in Qatar.
My Advice:
After getting the 5years working Visa, go to the Federal Ministry of Education in Central Area Abuja, 8th Floor for result verification even if its SSCE. Reason is that most people who travel without this roam the street about and when Good Job opportunities come in Qatar they lose out.
2. After the Ministry of Education, go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which if directly opposite that of the Education and do your Verification.
3. I will also you go to the Police and get a clearance.
If you need more advice let us know.
Re: Beware! Fraudulent Qatar Work Visa by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
Please give only advice and it must be open advice do not ask anybody to call you or contact you privately and after some time tell them you have a good contact to do the visa.
Re: Beware! Fraudulent Qatar Work Visa by CGNTRAVELS: 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
I will not okay. If you need advice make it Open and i will answer it Open here. I never mentioned getting any visa here for anybody.
Re: Beware! Fraudulent Qatar Work Visa by justwise(m): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2013

(1)

Your Help With This Thing Is Urgently Needed!!! / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. / Travel Agents Reservations Made Easy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.