Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? (1833 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
[b] To Seun Osewa and the supermods of Nairaland.

Well Iam a Nairaland fan hailing from twitter to facebook and I have to admit the Forum is very educative. I just have a tiny complaint though. I have been observing something very unpleasant to the lovers of literature.

Someone once asked why do crappy stories hit FRONT PAGE and a certain someone replied him by saying the Forum belongs to Seun so whatever he says should be on front page should go but our section knows no JUSTICE at all. Iam always online, not because I have nothing to do but because I love reading. I read more than I eat!!!

Ok, Literature section was dead before Cuddlemii took to the throne, that I have back up evidence from two moderators whom I won't name for all our sakes. And after waking up the dead section and making it lively, our stories always end up in the recycle BIN! Which is so not fair because all I see are stupid celebrity gossips and romance stories on FP. 2weeks ago a song which was very annoying made front page, it wasn't even a song. It was more like a kindergarten's winnie the pooh lyrics. I always throw taundrums at Cuddlemii but she is doing her job! Do we need to be friends with the supermods offline to have my stories on Frontpage

Please go check the Literature section, we are only trying and need nairalanders support not their backs.

All Iam saying is that the section should be looked at in a different angle. [/b]

Seun I humbly beg you to look into these

3 Likes

Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
U no sabi pm? undecided tongue
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Idowuogbo: U no sabi pm? undecided tongue
Pm hu Badosky? angry
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Pm hu Badosky? angry
Seun! Duh? undecided
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
HBG, I feel your pain, but the Mods/Seun seem to prefer threads that can generate traffic to this site. It's not only the Literature section that suffers from bias, there are some quality threads in the Politics section that have never made the FP.
I'll suggest that u take your thread to the 'complaints' sub-section of any section, for the mods to consider it FP worthy.
My 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Seun! Duh? undecided
I don't do Pvt things

I don't want favours, I want justice for all. If he doesn't attend to this matter I will Pm him
CFCfan: HBG, I feel your pain, but the Mods/Seun seem to prefer threads that can generate traffic to this site. It's not only the Literature section that suffers from bias, there are some quality threads in the Politics section that have never made the FP.
I'll suggest that u take your thread to the 'complaints' sub-section of any section, for the mods to consider it FP worthy.
My 2 kobo.
ithat doesn't work, I have tried
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:

I don't want favours, I want justice for all. If he doesn't attend to this matter I will Pm himithat doesn't work, I have tried

Okay. I guess you just have to hope that a quality thread will make the FP.
Keep trying though.
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
CFCfan:

Okay. I guess you just have to hope that a quality thread will make the FP.
Keep trying though.
thanks dear
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: thanks dear
You're welcome cool
There was even a thread that was created last year, which made the FP earlier this month. Lol
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Cuddlemii: 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
@HBG, thank you for bearing your mind.

I think I have an idea that will favour everyone. I will create a thread for FrontPage recommendations.
The recommendation thread would have rules and criteria for selecting topics.
Each day, I will select the first recommended topic from the pool of topics recommended and submit it for the FrontPage.
However, the topic must be worthy of the FrontPage(.i.e. quality write-up, proper spacing, paragraphing, punctuations, etcetera)

A comprehensive & descriptive outline of how this would be done, would be pasted later today.
We will all work collectively to ensure we present quality threads for the FrontPage.
I am sure Seun & the Super moderators have seen this. If not, I will inform them about it.
I will take it up from here.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Oahray: 9:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hmmmm...
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2013
So someone moved my complaint here? If I needed it here I would have just trashed it to the complaints thread as we have it here too. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?
@ Cuddlemii...That will not be necessary! The stories that hit front page were not better than the ones that end up in the RB angry
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Cuddlemii: 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: So someone moved my complaint here? If I needed it here I would have just trashed it to the complaints thread as we have it here too. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?
@ Cuddlemii...That will not be necessary! The stories that hit front page were not better than the ones that end up in the RB angry

There is a huge difference between a writer and a poster. Much is expected of a writer!

In all fairness, topics from the literature section make the FrontPage.
But, now that you've brought it to our notice, we will ensure that quality write-ups make the FrontPage frequently.
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by ITbomb(m): 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
Cuddlemii:
The recommendation thread would have rules and criteria for selecting topics.
However, the topic must be worthy of the FrontPage(.i.e. quality write-up, proper spacing, paragraphing, punctuations, a mention of Tonto , etcetera)

Regards.
I get u
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
Cuddlemi,you said worthy of front page(punctuation,spacing etc)??

I once asked for the criterion/criteria for moving topics to front page...the answer i got was that it's based on supermod recommendation.

Do you have a different criterion?
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
Cuddlemii:

There is a huge difference between a writer and a poster. Much is expected of a writer!

In all fairness, topics from the literature section make the FrontPage.
But, now that you've brought it to our notice, we will ensure that quality write-ups make the FrontPage frequently.

I will be waiting
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
ITbomb:
I get u
get real

Tonto is a Celebrity! angry Celebrity section will educate you more about her
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Cuddlemii: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
centje: Cuddlemi,you said worthy of front page(punctuation,spacing etc)??

I once asked for the criterion/criteria for moving topics to front page...the answer i got was that it's based on supermod recommendation.

Do you have a different criterion?

Obviously, any quality write-up is worthy to make the frontpage.
But, I believe writers should set themselves apart. I am only using this opportunity to address other characteristics of a good write-up.

Not to worry, the recommendation thread, that I would be creating today, should help us serve each other better.
All suggestions to aid this process is welcome. Thanks
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yes oh. Any mention of Tonto Dikeh is sure to hit the FP cheesy
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Cuddlemii: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
@centje,

Cycle:
members - recommends to moderator
moderator - submits to supermoderator

supermoderator - adds topic to the frontpage; also has the option of selecting quality topics for the frontpage.
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
CFCfan: Yes oh. Any mention of Tonto Dikeh is sure to hit the FP cheesy
I will name my short story 'tonto dikeh; school is for dummies' will it be fit for Fp?
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
^ try ur luck. tongue
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Cuddlemii: 11:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
ITbomb:
I get u

Hi, longest time.

We are discussing literature section and its writers.
Different sections have topics representing them on the Fp.
Let's focus on us.

1 Like

Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ok cuddlemi,lets see how it goes.
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
Someone just dumped the whole thing on Cuddles but we will wait smiley
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I will name my short story 'tonto dikeh; school is for dummies' will it be fit for Fp?
Absolutely. Or you can title your short story "Tonto Dikeh; the petroleum engineer turned actress".
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Cuddlemii: 11:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
centje: Ok cuddlemi,lets see how it goes.

Ok, you can also make suggestions, I will inculcate it into the new thread.
Thanks
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
CFCfan:
Absolutely. Or you can title your short story "Tonto Dikeh; the petroleum engineer turned actress".
lol

Cfcfan goes to school
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol

Cfcfan goes to school

I love that title grin
That will be kind of you.

1 Like

Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Ok, you can also make suggestions, I will inculcate it into the new thread.
Thanks
the reason we are still stuck is because oue readers only tell us how good the story is, others tell you its crap without showing you where you went wrong. Hope more help will come
Re: When Will Literature And Writing Section Get Justice??? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
CFCfan:

I love that title grin
That will be kind of you.
will u take me into ur world or should I let my imagination run wild?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burnt - Episode 9 (18+) (short Story Series) / I Need Urgent Help / A Yoruba Writer Called Achebe - By Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.