Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:50 PM

Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage (53389 Views)

What does It Take To Make Frontpage / Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. / Please Suggest Topics To Write In My Article Collection,thank You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Go Down)

Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2014
Iamzuna: https://www.nairaland.com/1895204/village-girl/1#26823806

Please i believe this interesting story deserves to make FP.

Thanks.
Thirded.

tags:
Seun
Mynd44
Obinnau
Obinoscopy
Mukina2
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2014
stormybucci: seconded... tag:,princeadepoju
why tag me now? you think say I don become mod?undecided
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Niwdog(m): 9:19am On Oct 03, 2014
Www.nairaland.com/1895204/village-girl/1#26823806-by Danwrite..should be move to front page as soon as possible..@mod don't provoking me oo
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by stormybucci(m): 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
PrinceAdepoju post=/post/26825488:
why tag me now? you think say I don become mod?undecided
make u cum endorse the story 4 front page na
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by codedbaby(f): 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
The village girl by Danwrites
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by lanjum(f): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
The village girl by Danwrites.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by ESIXLOVE: 8:36am On Oct 04, 2014
please mods and super mods help me
to endorse this ribs cracking and mind
blowing story. It's a short story. The
title is " A THIEF IN THE CHURCH " by
ESIXLOVE. here is the link. www.nairaland.com/1924257/thief-
church-short-story , you can check it out. Thanks.
tags:
Seun
Mynd44
Obinnau
Obinoscopy
Mukina2
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by ebbymayox(m): 1:47am On Oct 05, 2014
Eko Eko Eko!, Eko Idumota Eko
Enter with your change.
1000, 500 I no get change.

The danfo Conductor kept shouting.I jumped into the front seat quickly, and with the loud Fuji music playing in the background, the conductor voice was completely inaudible.So I picked my diary and began writing about this wonderful city called Lagos.

Eko oni baje ooo, as they always say, which is quite true. Lagos can’t be damaged or spoiled, the people in it are capable of keeping it going. Lagos, the most populous city in Nigeria with a population of about 17.5 million, is the second fastest-growing city in Africa and the seventh in the world. Here everyone is strong, everyone is talented in their own way and an entrepreneur by default.

Saying “no place like Lagos“, is not just true but real. Where else can you find that high spirit of entrepreneurship in the world which makes every Lagosian want to make money? Even the bus conductors have that skilled voice and a touch of madness you can never find in any place. It’s called Hustle!
The mainland and the island dividing the very rich and the poor, yet the spirit and energy is the same, the struggle and bustle is written in the eyes of the people, “make the cash or die under bridge is the spirit”.
Lagos is not just a city, it’s a reality show.You can’t feel the real Lagos till you take a ride in its public transport especially the yellow buses called danfo.These buses are more like moving metallic scraps with tires. The vibration alone when you sit in one can give you a free massage.
Lagos is a crazy city and everyone has that touch of craze, but it’s even crazier than you can imagine if you haven’t lived in it and when I say live in it I am not just talking about sitting in some air conditioned car moving just around nice places in the island. For you to really experience Lagos you must commute around it in the danfo buses.

The beauty commuting in danfos is that there is always a drama each time, is it the entertaining fight between the conductor and his driver whom he calls pilot or the fight for change (20 naira) between the passengers and the conductor, or the sudden break down of the bus in the middle of traffic, where you the passenger have to come down and push the bus.There is always something entertaining!

Lagos is the symbol for the word for Hustle, everyone is out for the cash and the end here doesn’t justify the means. Every Lagosian carries this enormous energy that is easily communicable, you don’t know it till you leave Lagos for somewhere else.
As I was about to conclude this article and close my diary, someone tapped me, it was the Well -suited guy sitting next to me, He was like, “Bros I dey go cms and my money no complete you fit help me complete am?”

WATCH OUT FOR MY NEXT ARTICLE –The Lagos Big Boy
Long Live Lagos! Eko ile, ilu ogbon…

MEANING OF YORUBA TERMS USED:

EKO=the Yoruba word for Lagos
CMS,Idumota=Areas in Lagos
Danfo=Yellow Public Transport Buses
EKO O NI BAJE=Lagos will not spoil (a popular slang in Lagos)
O BAJE TI=It won’t get spoilt forever
Naira=Nigerian Currency
http://www.tlkdrum.com/lagos/
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by D9ty7(m): 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
I strongly believe it is high time this story made front page.
https://www.nairaland.com/1811867/shadows-past-past-came-haunting....
tags:
Seun
Obinnau
Mynd44.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Emzypaz(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
CALL FOR FRONT PAGE
1. https://www.nairaland.com/1811867/shadows-past-past-came-haunting....
tags: seun
mynd44
obinoscopy
mukina2
obinnau.
Do this!
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by MumZ(f): 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
PrinceAdepoju:
The Day The World Ended by Royver

https://www.nairaland.com/1797002/day-world-ended

please still waiting 4 dis story 2 make front page o mods.

3 Likes

Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Orikinla(m): 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
Calling all #writers and #authors. New Book Competition just opened! 4 Winners will get $10,000 each in prizes AND 20 Finalists will get $700 in prizes. Categories are Fiction, Non-Fiction, Children's, Young Adult. ALL Details here:https://plus.google.com/+JustineSchofieldPubslush/posts/6bC8D4es3dc
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by lordthunderbolt(m): 7:52am On Oct 11, 2014
Cuddlemii:
Hello Everyone,

It has come to our attention that the literature section is not fully represented on the FrontPage.
Therefore, I have decided to create this thread, to ensure a long-lasting solution.

This thread would serve as an endorsement thread for topics(.i.e. FrontPage Recommendations).
The reason for using the word, "endorsement" rather than recommendation is to show the level of commitment.
We are not just selecting topics for the sake of it, but putting our signatures on them (.i.e. contract / testimonial)
Writers should set themselves apart from other posters. Much is expected!

RULES & STANDARDS

1) A Topic can be recommended by anyone apart from the writer itself.
The reason being that, writers would focus only/more on their own write-ups.
**We need to help, nurture & evaluate each other**

2) Topics must be worthy of the FrontPage:
The topic must be a reflection of the section.
Think of the topic as the section's brand.
To be candid, not all threads have quality write-ups.
Some need extensive work, some need little adjustments here and there.
**Proper spacing, paragraphing, punctuations, etcetera**

3) Topics must be selected from all Literature Genres:
Genres like Poems, Novels, Drama, Short stories, Fiction, Prose, Humor, Biography, etcetera must all be given a fair chance.
**Stories should not make the FrontPage all time. We should market, encourage and motivate all our writers alike**

4) Each day, I would select the first recommended topic from the pool of topics endorsed and submit it for the FrontPage.
You have until 8am in the morning to endorse a thread.
In the case where the first topic is not worthy, the second or third topic would be chosen.
**Please, review the threads thoroughly before recommending them**

5) The moderator & Super moderator(s) have the right to disregard topics that do not meet the standard
or do not conform with the rules and regulations of the forum.

**Sometimes, topics might not be included on the FrontPage.
Due to circumstances, interruption, disruption, eruption & uncertainties grin.
It's not automatic, it's not rocket science, it's a process!
The recommendation from the literature section might not get in on time. Just be patient!**
please check the poetry between humans an the spirit called shade posted by me...its beautiful piece let It make front page
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by creamyanne: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
It has just got to be Royver's, The day d World ended!.

2 Likes

Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by base83: 6:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
the day the world ended by Royver. the story is epic and completed already so no updates brouhaha. mods please
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by kingphilip(m): 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
please mods can we have this topic grace the front-page?
https://www.nairaland.com/1867638/reluctant-bride

1 Like

Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by lenmafon: 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
the day the world ended by royver and the story is upto date that is it has been completed by the writer.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Nobody: 4:47am On Nov 01, 2014
Here is a well-crafted new month drama, involving a real character having funny but inspiring conversations with the MBER months:
https://www.nairaland.com/1976492/conversations-mber-months-new-month

FP please!
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 01, 2014
I think this is okay to be in FP
https://www.nairaland.com/1976599/mirror-mind
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by gottoboy(m): 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
Dedicated this poetry to my country! Plz i need it to be in the FP

www.nairaland.com/1939566/god-bless-nigeria

tags: seun
mynd44
obinoscopy
mukina2
obinnau.
Do this!
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
My intrest is not to make FrontPage, but to make people enjoy my story wink
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by iconize(m): 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
Seun, Royalboy and Mynd44 - please take this topic to the FP www.nairaland.com/1979629/also-part-marriage-romance
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by ORAFA(m): 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
Please work on the frontpage, it's too uninteresting.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by noble4d(m): 11:02am On Nov 05, 2014
Why is it that even a single topic in the poetry section ( poems for review) has never grace the FP?...The poetry section is enrich with talented poet with interesting topics. Abeg mods do something about it.

Tags:
Obinnau
Mynd44
OMA4U
Timpaker
Cuddlemii
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by timpaker(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2014
noble4d:
Why is it that even a single topic in the poetry section ( poems for review) has never grace the FP?...The poetry section is enrich with talented poet with interesting topics. Abeg mods do something about it.

Tags:
Obinnau
Mynd44
OMA4U
Timpaker
Cuddlemii

I believe my guy, Obinnau will do something about it soon.

Remember the first Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition is holding this Saturday and we need the awareness abeg..

Thank you
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by noble4d(m): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
timpaker:

I believe my guy, Obinnau will do something about it soon.

Remember the first Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition is holding this Saturday and we need the awareness abeg..

Thank you

I pray it grace FP oooo

1 Like

Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by OMA4U(m): 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
Noble4d and timpaker, God bless you, guys. Let's await Obinnau.

Poems need to grace the frontpage, too. I don't know why it seems to be like an extinction genre of literature. Even the just concluded literary award, poetry was given no recognition.

1 Like

Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by festwiz(m): 3:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
Please help rate and review this story

https://www.nairaland.com/1953786/5man-crew#27475063
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by AleshKeem(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1983333/secret-life-nigerian-teenager#27760208 a story worth reading...plz endorse for front page.... smiley
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by OMA4U(m): 12:40am On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by noble4d(m): 8:39am On Nov 06, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32)

A Tale Of Love (18+) / The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year / The Lover Next Door II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.