Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb (49791 Views)

2015 WAEC Specimen (biology, Chemistry, Physics & Agric Science) Released. / Chemistry And Physics Tutorial Thread For Jamb And Postjamb / Please I Need A Link To Download, Biology , Chemistry And Physics Text Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Atesunate15(m): 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall: The oily substanc dat lubricates mammalian hair z
a. Sebaceous gland
b.fatty cells
c.granular cells
d.sweat glands
sebaceous gland
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Atesunate15(m): 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall: 1.what mass of water is produced when 8.0g of hydrogen reacts with excess oxygen?
A.36.0g
b.8.0g
c.72.0g
d16.og
2H2 + O2 ------> 2H2O
2moles of hydrogen form --------------2moles of water
8g of hydrogen also forms---------8 grams of water

b. 8.0g
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
Atesunate15:
d

The ansa is c protein...boss u dey para o...drop questions 2...
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Atesunate15:

i fink it should be canivourous

Holozoic.....heterotroph
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
The nitrogenous substance that is excreted by birds in order to conserve water is (A).ammonia (B).urea (C).uric acid (D)nitric acid

in mammals the exchange of nutrients and metabolic products occurs in the A.lymph B.lungs C.heart D.liver

A band of connective tissue linking two bones in a joint is known as A.tendon B.cartilage C.synovial membrane D.ligament

the companion cells are part of the A.pericycle B.phelom C.pith D.xylem
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
Atesunate15:
2H2 + O2 ------> 2H2O
2moles of hydrogen form --------------2moles of water
8g of hydrogen also forms---------8 grams of water

b. 8.0g

hmmm lets try it da other way round and get the ansa
2H2 + 02 .......> 2H20

using the above formulars...
Moles = mass/molar mass moles =8/2+2 (frm d reactns)

moles =2

using sam formular to find the mass of water
moles =mass/molar mass. We v gotn our mole as 2
:-
mass of water = moles * molar mass

mass=2 * (2H20)
mass =2 * (2(2+16))
mass =2 * 38=76

The mass of water is 76.0g
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Obinnau(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
larri: The nitrogenous substance that is excreted by birds in order to conserve water is (A).ammonia (B).urea (C).uric acid (D)nitric acid

in mammals the exchange of nutrients and metabolic products occurs in the A.lymph B.lungs C.heart D.liver

A band of connective tissue linking two bones in a joint is known as A.tendon B.cartilage C.synovial membrane D.ligament

1: B
2: A
3: A
4: am not sure abo ut dis but I tink A
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Obinnau(m): 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Atesunate add me on 2go let's knock heads togeda : obinnau.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
larri: The nitrogenous substance that is excreted by birds in order to conserve water is (A).ammonia (B).urea (C).uric acid (D)nitric acid

Urea, Liver, tendon....
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
The worn out erythrocytes is destroy by
a.Heart
b.Liver
c.Cell
d.kidney
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by passjamb(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
WHY DONT YOU ALL TRY IT HERE FOR FREE http://passjamb.com.ng web and mobile
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Thromboplastin is associated with
a.Blood formation
b.Pigments formation
c.Blood clotting
d.Blood circulation
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
The mass of 800cm^3 of a gas X at s.t.p is 1.0g...what is the molar mass of x....volume at s.t.p 22.4dm^3
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
Which of the following reactions will be affected by change in pressure of d equilibrium......
A.x + y <===> w + z
B.x + 2y <===> w + z
C. 2x <===> w + z
D. 2y <===> w + z
all at equilibrium and gases.......
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Obinnau(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall: The worn out erythrocytes is destroy by
a.Heart
b.Liver
c.Cell
d.kidney
liver
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Obinnau(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall: Thromboplastin is associated with
a.Blood formation
b.Pigments formation
c.Blood clotting
d.Blood circulation
blood clotting.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Obinnau(m): 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall: The mass of 800cm^3 of a gas X at s.t.p is 1.0g...what is the molar mass of x....volume at s.t.p 22.4dm^3
chemistry has been my bane all along.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Obinnau(m): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall: Which of the following reactions will be affected by change in pressure of d equilibrium......
A.x + y <===> w + z
B.x + 2y <===> w + z
C. 2x <===> w + z
D. 2y <===> w + z
i think its A
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall: Which of the following reactions will be affected by change in pressure of d equilibrium......
A.x + y <===> w + z
B.x + 2y <===> w + z
C. 2x <===> w + z
D. 2y <===> w + z
ANSWER:B
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
A.x + y <===> w + z
B.x + 2y <===> w + z
C. 2x <===> w + z
D. 2y <===> w + z
ANSWER:B .......it favours the forward reaction
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall: The mass of 800cm^3 of a gas X at s.t.p is 1.0g...what is the molar mass of x....volume at s.t.p 22.4dm^3
answer:26.7 g/mol
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2013
Obinnau: i think its A

not A sir.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
t.boy007:
answer:1/0.8/22.4
i'm sorry,i've no calculator with me here!

U gat wok it 2 get da final ansa....
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2013
A.x + y <===> w + z
B.x + 2y <===> w + z
C. 2x <===> w + z
D. 2y <===> w + z

Reaction A C & D has 2 moles each at the forward and backward reaction so there wont be changes in the equilibrium.
Reaction B has 3 moles at the backward reaction and 2 moles at the forward reaction so the equilibrium will shift to the forward reaction if pressure is increased.
Therefore, pressure has effect on reaction B.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
Obinnau: chemistry has been my bane all along.

You can get through that..so let me know where the problem is if I could be of help.........
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2013
Please always explain your answers so that others can benefit from what you know...........Tanx
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
Drop questions please....coming to solve the calculation....
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Kunlexic(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
volume of X=800cm^3
1000cm^cm3=1dm^3,then 800cm^3 will=800/1000=0.8dm^3.
Mass of 0.8dm^3 of X=1.0g
.'.mass of 22.4dm^3 will be 22.4*1/0.8=28g/mol..

2 Likes

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
Wich of the halogens does nt have variable oxidation state?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
Name of the most poisonous gas on heart is wot?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Obinnau(m): 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
mayorall:

You can get through that..so let me know where the problem is if I could be of help.........
calculations in chemistry!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 5:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
The volum occupied by the gas molecules z negligible compared to the volume of the container-what z the implication?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

10 Signs That You Are A 'Half-Baked' Graduate / Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC / Yahaya Nuhu Aliyu Beaten To Death By Teacher At FGC Kwali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.