Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

A Day Without The Pope - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Day Without The Pope (622 Views)

Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / Can One Go A Day Without Sinning? / The Pope Is The Antichrist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Day Without The Pope by onuleo(m): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2013
Ya. It was early 2005, the news was topic on the air, the pope is dead, ofcos he is, 'he died of death' ..that was the answer i got from the parish priest when i asked of the cause of death. So i knew he wasn't in the mood to talk. Imediately, i rushed home and told my mom. TAAah! ...that was the sound of the slap i got for a reply. Wow! I was suprise, it took me two minutes to figure out my name and another two minutes for her to ask me how i knew. It was a litle while more and the entire mater was setled because my elder brother was more trust worthy. The mood was sad but after alot while all what was on the mind of many was who would succed him. We all knew of the cathecumen of our only nigerian saint; Cardinal Arinze he was our favourite on the bilboard.
Re: A Day Without The Pope by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 28, 2013
Lol!

Quite hilarious! Hope you won't get another slap this time around!
Re: A Day Without The Pope by onuleo(m): 10:46am On Feb 28, 2013
onuleo: Ya. It was early 2005, the news was topic on the air, the pope is dead, ofcos he is, 'he died of death' ..that was the answer i got from the parish priest when i asked of the cause of death. So i knew he wasn't in the mood to talk. Imediately, i rushed home and told my mom. TAAah! ...that was the sound of the slap i got for a reply. Wow! I was suprise, it took me two minutes to figure out my name and another two minutes for her to ask me how i knew. It was a litle while more and the entire mater was setled because my elder brother was more trust worthy. The mood was sad but after alot while all what was on the mind of many was who would succed him. We all knew of the cathecumen of our only nigerian saint; Cardinal Arinze he was our favourite on the bilboard.
Re: A Day Without The Pope by onuleo(m): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2013
Continue... Soon we forgot about our wories and all we prayed for was the Pope, we prayed for a good Pope, we prayed for a black pope, we prayed for Arinze and everybody prayed for the church. I fully remember one of my little friend who told me that when Arinze is made pope he would make aguleri the holy see. Wow!(think about that) that realy had me ghazing! Where he got that was the only question on my mind. Now it was the day of the conclave entering and as i walked past children gisting in the disguse of argurment, i quikly rememberd my childhood days. Back then i was the bad-ass cathecumen and what ever i feed my fellows about the church was what the took. So on an occation one of my fellow asked me how a pope was made. I wasn't sure, but i sure didnt want to let my reputation down so i had to say something; i knew of the conclave but i didnt know how the show got down. so i told them that when a new pope is to be maid, the whole cardinals would go into a closed room(conclave) and the would pray until the holy spirit came upon one of the in the form of fire(like in the bible) and that person would be made pope. They all belived and my reputation stayed great. But this only lasted till that evening WeN yAHWah kum GaS! ....GBAM
Re: A Day Without The Pope by onuleo(m): 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
That evening we went for cathechism class and one my fellow who alwaysd argued with me asked our totur if they was anitin like a conclave and our tutor agreed with him but told him that it was the proces of electing a new pope. Mehn! I dnt say anitin like election im my own version and imediately my reputation was tainted, they all looked at me with side eyes. So i had to figure out a backup lie. So i told them that the election was held because the holyspirit came down upon more than one person. Wow! This was another lie but it worked sha. But now its 2005 and i was now wise enough. So as we sat,watching our tv since the conclave had started. The pallor was filld with people who wanted to see the new pope, the black pope. Father and mother, neigbour to neigbour, kids on d flour elder on the cofer, teens by the window,house maids peeped from afar and me on the side stol. We all were waiting. Soon we saw the white smoke the crowd charing and i particularly saw OBJ(our then presd. ) yurning indiscriminately with all mouth fully streched, naija style! I screamd. But still yet nobody seting they knew the pope has been elected, atleast not until i saw it writing on the down side of the television, even when i told them that a certain Ratzingerd had been made pope no one believed...
Re: A Day Without The Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hope this time u don't have ur mind fixed one someone, hope u don't get disappointed.

(1) (Reply)

Video / Is The World Ready For A Black Pope? / Less Talk More Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.