Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Despite All Odds - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127415 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
Sasha is a party pooper...angry Can't she just mind her business? Mtcheew

Good one B'kay
Re: Despite All Odds by princesa(f): 11:05am On Jul 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
molwene sisi cheesy

Let's not derail, you know our joint grin see you there.

Bukky sorry o grin grin

molwene sisi = naughty girl right? grin

our joint behind Faculty of literate, will be there soon cheesy

@bukky
keep going, wonder what next sasha lock has up her sleeveswink
Re: Despite All Odds by Peterpan1(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2013
Nyc, more pls.
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
princesa:

molwene sisi = naughty girl right? grin

our joint behind Faculty of literate, will be there soon cheesy

@bukky
keep going, wonder what next sasha lock has up her sleeveswink
lol...Molweni means hello in xhosa

And sisi means-sister tongue

Pls m sure ur slot will be available soon
Re: Despite All Odds by oyestephen(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
I'll not want to meet a reality sasha
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Glancing at the gigantic wallclock, Sasha fidgetted on a couch. What's keeping them this long? She groaned.
Its friday.Tunji had gone with Kemi to the airport to pick up Kenny and Kola. Her dreams were finally coming true. She imagined how she was going to hug Kenny-real tight, then hug Kola,then...

A high-pitched voice interrupted her. Her head jerked back with her ears pricking up,
"What an awful voice." she muttered.

The voice came louder, singing this time.

Irritated, Sasha stamped towards the room Folake occupied, that woman could cause her a damaged ear drum.

A knock.

"Come in."

Folake straightened up as Sasha walked into the room,

"are you the one singing?" Sasha asked, though she knew the question was foolish.

"Yes." Folake frowned, wondering what the girl was up to.

"Wow, you've got such a nice voice." Sasha nodded with deep sarcasm.

"thanks." Folake replied, though she got the sarcastic note.

"You're welcome. But...errm, it would be very nice if you would lower your voice and better if you would stop singing." Sasha made her point clear.

"Natasha..." Folake began, her anger rising.

"Sasha please." Sasha corrected her.

"Whatever!" Folake screamed. When would the girl stop stepping on her toes, what hasn't she done to get the girl out of her way.

"I'm warning you for the last time to stop talking at me that way. I'm old enough to be your mother for crying out loud."

"You're not my mother." Sasha grimaced.

"Get the hell outta my sight!" Folake yelled.

"Look!" She started as Sasha turned to leave the room.
"Its a good thing I'm leaving tomorrow, so please, I'm begging you, don't just spoil my mood okay?"

"Oh" Sasha exclaimed.
"Paris right?" she corked an eyebrow.

Folake fumed, her hands akimbo.

"I wish you safe journey with someone else' husband." Sasha sniggered dodging the pillow Folake threw at her.

"What's going on here?" Kemi asked .

Sasha spunned,

"Kemi, is this how to go about it? Sending your sister to be a nuisance? Later, you'll fake scolding her? the damages you've done to my brother isn't enough?" Folake descended on Kemi.

"She's not faking anything, you're just throwing accusations. Why don't you face me?" Sasha defended her sister.

"What's happening here? What's wrong?" Tunji walked into the room with Kola and Kenny.

" This barren woman you called your wife is what is wrong here" Folake squealed.

"My sister is not barren!" Kenny spoke out, visibly angry. He doesn't care what happened, but no one dares talk to his family anyhow.

"And who are you? Another hungry relation of hers? Well your sister is infertile, she's failed to give my brother a child after so many years." Folake shot back mockery written all over her face.

" Folake that's enough"
"Sasha, Kenny, get out of this room, " Tunji was trying to create peace.

Sasha bit her lower lip, as she watched Kemi sob silently, her anger rose dangerously.

"Aunty Folake! Yes you!" She said as Folake looked at her suprised.

"You said my sister is barren? Well thank God, she better than some old b-itches who can't still get a man to marry them, all they do is go about following peoples husbands to Paris." Tears clouded her eyeballs as she spoke.

"Oh! I see! She's not yet married?" Kenny put in.
"No wonder! I guess she's hating cos she might have lost her womb during those numerous abortions."

"Oh yea!" Sasha gave Kenny a high five.

Tunji threw his hands over his head, he was in a serious trouble.
Kemi walked out of the room still crying, Kola followed her;wiping his own tears too.

Tunji watched her go his heart rending with grief, he turned to his sister who was looking so dumb and horrified, then to the two teenagers standing before him, he felt like crushing them under his feet. He fought the urge to spank them real hard, stamping out of the room, he slammed the door behind him.

"Well.." Sasha found her voice.
"We're sorry if we hurt you, but it's just that we lack manners."

"Yea, this isn't a good way to meet for the first time. Anyways, my name is Kenny." Kenny added, pulling Sasha out of the room.

The door hardly closed before Folake threw herself on the floor. She wept. Thinking her life over, she let Sasha's voice filter through her mind as she washed her palms with tears.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
Good one Bkay, word has it sisters in law are a pain, especially the old unmarried lot.
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
Some in-laws need 2 b taught some lessons
She calls someone barren when she is nt
Better dan her. Weldon bukky following
Bumper 2 bumper
Re: Despite All Odds by aprilwise(m): 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
Nice story but too short
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 17, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I just love that sasha character. I love ppl lyk that. That re ready to say out their mind regardless of anything. And gals lyk her are somehow calm and cool and sweet to their husbands. @Bukky, re u just lyk her(sasha). wink wink wink
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
Tnx alot @ sis HBG, Bigshol, Aprilwise.
@ Dammex..errm, m nt like Sasha
o..cool headed
Blinking rapidly, she counted the ceiling' boxes. Its close to daybreak and she hasn't slept a wink. She tried pulling the covers over her head, but to no avail. The rumbling sound coming from her stomach was enough to give her a sleepless night.
She rolled to the edge of her bed, and remained in that position for a while only for her to jump up when felt something bite her stomach. It was like the hunger was increasing with time, her stomach wall was on fire.

Rubbing her stomach as if to pacify it, she walked to the fridge in her room, it was almost empty except the few bottles of water in it.
Kemi stopped buying Beverages for her since she exhausted them all in a few days.

Her eyes rolled to the wallclock.
"four-fifteen." She muttered.

Nobody ate dinner the night before, due to the incident that occured in Folake's room. Kemi fell ill; after weeping for a long time, her husband rang the doctor and nobody mentioned food.

Pulling her night robe over her, she walked briskly to the kitchen still clutching her belly.
She opened the fridge, freezer, almost all the drawers for any ready-made food, she settled for raw noodles. Balancing on a table, she munched the crunchy raw noodles, drinking ice cold water at intervals.

"Sasha?"

she jumped, almost choking.

"What are you doing up this early?" Kemi asked walking into the kitchen.

"I..," Sasha observed her sister, she looked pale, though better than what she's looking like the night before.

"You're hungry?" Kemi asked concerned, whilst eyeing the half eaten pack of noodles.

Sasha nodded quickly, drinking some water.

"sorry, I wasn't able to cook dinner yesternight, you guys could have ordered something from the eatery close by..."

"Oh, Aunty Kemi don't worry, I-we are fine." Sasha smiled.

"Fine? By eating raw noodles?" Kemi asked.

"It's okay and filling." Sasha replied.

"Not good for your health." Kemi walked over to the sink.
"Maybe, you should help out in the kitchen since you're awake."

"Okay." Sasha replied stuffing more noodles into her mouth.

"Sasha keep that away." Kemi instructed.

"Okay." Sasha replied pushing the remaing piece into her already filled mouth.

"Which reminds me. Sasha?"

"Mah?"

"Could you do me a favour?" Kemi wasn't sure.
"Could you please wake Sister Folake, she has a flight to catch by six"

Sasha groaned.

"C'mon. Do this for you helpless sister, you know I can't face her.." Kemi pleaded.

"Okay.." Sasha walked out of the kitchen a different thought on her mind.

She went halfway to the room Folake occupied,and started prancing about, what was she going to do? she has to stop the journey, atleast for Micheal's sake.

Kemi was whisking some eggs, when she felt an arm around her.
"Baby, I warned you to stay in bed, I could do all this." Tunji nibbled at her earlobe.

"But you kept alot of people hungry yesternight? Mr Chef?" Kemi scoffed wiping her hand on her apron.

"Well, I had to be with you." Tunji defended himself.

"You won't believe my sister was up by four eating raw noodles." Kemi hugged him.

Tunji was about to speak when Sasha walked in.

"Aunt...errm Uncle Teejay good morning."

"Morn'in raw indomie lady." Tunji teased.

"Not my fault." Sasha laughed.
"Aunty, she said she isn't leaving till eight in the morning." She said with a neutral face.

"But I thought..." Kemi started to say.

"Yeeesss! I told her that too, but she said their flight has been rescheduled." Sasha cut her short.

"You mean Folake?" Tunji asked.
Kemi nodded.
"I was expecting such too, The aviation services is really depreciating." He added.

Kemi eyed Sasha, she could'nt trust her.

"Aunty, you can ask her yourself if you don't believe me o." Sasha raised her palms up.

"That isn't necessary. So what are we cooking for breakfast?" Tunji changed the topic.

"You wish, Mr chef!" Kemi replied.

"okay....Step back everybody and watch Me do my recipee." Tunji said in an important tone to their amusement

Sasha laughed too, but deep within her she wished Folake won't wake up till she missed the flight.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
Kip it cumin ojare...

Interesting,Sasha na case
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hmmmmm,@bukky, i really like d sasha-kind, but nevertheless, can you be my third wife, d first and second position is 4 d sasha-kind ladies. So. If u re a sasha-kind of lady. Holla at me.in persongrin. grin
Re: Despite All Odds by sambroose(m): 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
Damex333: Hmmmmm,@bukky, i really like d sasha-kind, but nevertheless, can you be my third wife, d first and second position is 4 d sasha-kind ladies. So. If u re a sasha-kind of lady. Holla at me.in persongrin. grin
Damex u no get respect o.........bukkydan of all people........go and look for ur sasha kind of ladies elsewhere and stop eyeing our bukkydan

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
So sasha didn't wake the Pakurumo lady Folake For michael's sake? While knowing her own flesh and blood Kemi can't stand the old lady?

She is lucky she aint my sister angry

Good one Bkay, keep it coming. kiss
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2013
Tnx @ candis,
lol @ Damex n' Sambroose
tnx @ Sis HBG
Micheal watched his father with keen interest as he pranced up and down, clasping his phone his ears at intervals.

Amaechi could feel his son's eyes boring into his back, he felt really uncomfortable, whatever was keeping Folake from coming.

"Dad?" Micheal's voice startled him.
"Other passengers are already getting on board."

"Oh yes..errm, we're waiting for Folake." Amaechi was trying his best not to stutter.

"Can't we go without her?" Micheal whined.

"She's the sole-mind behind this journey." Amaechi replied.

"Oh, I see..but I thought you said she's your boss' business partner?" Micheal asked.

"Oh yes.."

"Then call your boss and tell him we had to leave without her!" Micheal interrupted impatiently.

"Mike, you won't understand..." his father began.

"Of course I do, so mummy was right after all" Micheal frowned.

"What?"

"Yea...that you're seeing other women" Micheal eyed him.

"You're not gonna believe those crap your mother told you, are you?" Amaechi almost shrieked.

"I believe her! Dad don't forget I'm an adult, I know everything." the younger man said angrily.

"Mike, that's not true." Amaechi defended himself.

"Well, prove to me that you aint guilty."

"How?"

"By boarding that plane with me to paris -now" Micheal replied looking deep into his father's eyes.

Amaechi sighed heavily
"Very well then."

"Good, can we join the other passenger now?" Micheal scoffed walking off.

with music blasting from the long-sleeky speakers, the living room was looking far from being organised as all the furnitures were moved to a far end. The trios-Sasha, Kola and Kenny were sweating profusely. Sasha was teaching them some kung fu Moves.

"Kola, do the crane style" she instructed

"Yes Sifu!" Kola held his right hand in the left, folding his palms so that his five fingers met at the middle.

"Good! Kenny, the Praying Mantis, attack Kola."

Kenny swooshed at Kola who dodged, they both engaged in a playful scuffle.

"My oh my!" Sasha laughed
"Is that what I taught you Kola? After dodging, you let the crane pierce at your opponent, Kenny, the praying mantis attacks the neck not the legs."

"Well...you've been watching kung all your life." Kenny laughed slumping to the floor..

"Watch out for the snake!" she charged at kenny fell by his side, curled up, with her hands bent like a snake about to attack.

"Tiger claw!" Kola roared jumping on her.

They were so engrossed, that they didn't notice Folake's presence.

"Turn the damn music down!" Folake squealed.

Kola rushed to the sound system, fiddling with its buttons.

They all stared at her expectantly.

"Where's Kemi?" she asked looking frustrated.

"Went out! Any problem?" Sasha replied.

"Problem? You have no idea what has happened, She didn't wake me up as agreed, now its past ten, I'm supposed to be in a plane heading to Paris!" Folake was close to tears

"Blame it on me, she asked me to wake you up, and I forgot to." Sasha replied carelessly.

"You have no idea what you've done, you foo.l!" Folake screamed.

"Wow, then we've got lots of fools in this house, cos, I'm yet to see a wise person waking up by Ten, expecting to catch a flight she's already missed." Kenny replied uninvited.

"Oh my God!" Folake half walked-half ran to her room.
Her body trembled as she packed her bags, she's leaving the house before she dies of heartache. Tears blurred her vision as she pulled her bags to the living room.

The front squeaked open, Tunji and Kemi walked in happily.
"Uncle..auntie..." Kola ran to hug them.

"Go get the suya from the car." Tunji patted his neck.

"my God! Sister Folake what's wrong?" Kemi asked letting her bag drop.

"Folake are you alright?" Tunji asked suddenly noticing his sister.

Without a word, Folake attempted to walk past them

"Sister fola.." Kemi tried to hold her, but she pushed her away roughly.

Tunji caught her in time as she staggered towards him.

Folake slammed the door loudly behind her, to the amazement of her brother.

Tunji turned to the trios standing before him, they seem uncomfortable.
Slowly Sasha walked into her room with Kenny following closely.

"Auntie..I didn't do anything o, I'm not among o." Kola explained, as Kemi glared at him, Her body shaking with anger.

Quitely Tunji led his wife towards their bedroom.

2 Likes

Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2013
Shame Folake, wish her well wherever she will land. grin grin
Re: Despite All Odds by oyestephen(m): 3:59am On Jul 21, 2013
Terrible combination; kenny and sasha
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
Tnx @ Sis HBG
I tell ya@ Oyestephen
+++++++++++
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right. Honour thy father and mother;which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee and thou mayest live long on earth......Ephesians chapter 6 verse 1 to 3..." Sasha read aloud to herself, as she observed her reflection in the mirror. She wished Kenny was there to watch her quote scriptures...
A loud chuckle escaped her throat, no one would believe that. But she has to do that, she've got a presentation to make that morning in her school, her topic was OBEDIENCE...the irony was that she was disobedient.

"You see, God loves obedient kids, He detests the disobedient ones. Act good and gain God's love....never talk back at elderly people, do not argue with people older than you..." She spoke on pretending she has the audience in her room.

Giggling nervously, she picked her books. She've learned well.

"Ekushe-weldone." Kemi clapped.

Sasha frowned."Gumorrin."

"Moorrrin" Kemi replied.
"Wonders shall never end! So Sasha Williams now read The Bible?" Kemi laughed.

Sasha smiled-that was just the beginning, she thought, her teachers reactions would be more.

"I'm to school, aint you going to..."

"Yes, I'm not going to work today." Kemi interrupted her making Sasha stare at her.
"Good news!" Kemi moved closer to her excited.

Sasha corked an eyebrow"Uhum."

"Tunji went to the hospital yesternight....To get my lab report."

"Go on..." Sasha's heart was racing.

"Guess what baby sis....The result shows I'm Pregnant." Kemi laughed.

"Wait..wait..wait...Hold on." Sasha could not believe her ears.

"you mean there's a baby in there...now?" she pointed at Kemi's stomach.

Kemi laughed letting Sasha caress her belly.

"Oh my! I'm so happy!" Sasha flung her books away hugging her sister tightly.

"Could you please ease up the hug, you might crush the baby" Tunji complained hands akimbo.

"Ama crush you then." Sasha sprung into his arms.
"Kenny should hear this! They should have stayed longer to hear this news."

"I called them all...everybody's happy." Tunji replied.

"Wow, I'm getting a niece or nephew very soon, I'll soon have a baby to bully." Sasha cranked her fist.

"Ehn! Did I hear you clearly?" Tunji feigned anger.

"You heard me, I'm pinch his or her lips, pull the ears, in short, I reserve the rest." Sasha laughed.

"Hian! Kirikiri might be far, but I think its drawing closer to you, ama get you locked up" Tunji warned her.

"Sasha , time for school." Kemi interrupted them.

"yea" Sasha picked her books.
"Bye," she hugged them.

"Epesians chapter 6 verse 1 Children obey your parents...." she chanted running out of the house- full of joy.

Williams folded his arm round his head in a bid to stop the throbbing, but it was a failed attempt.
"Williams, you're in trouble" he groaned, hitting his desk.

He had sent Kola and Cassandra out during Easter so he could face Barbra and tell her the truth, but he couldn't face her- he could not say anything. How on earth does he expect her to take what' going on? He wished he never did what he did, if he could turn back the hands of time, he would straighten his paths.

"Excuse me sir? Miss Joyce is here to see you." his secretary announced peeping into his office.

He simply nodded, he feared his head would burst open, if he spoke.

"Hello sweetie." Joyce a lady in her mid Thirties walked in, clad in in a gown that covers her protruding abdomen.

"You don't look good..." she observed.

"Joyce why don't you leave me alone!" Williams snapped.

"Leave you alone? Well, have you told your wife about the pregnancy?" Joyce grimaced.

"Joyce keep my family out of this!" Williams glared at her.

"Oh puuleeasse! I didn't beg you to get me preggie did I? You said I should keep baby isn't it? Don't even try bullsh:iting me okay?" She hissed angrily.

"I asked you to keep the baby, cos its against my faith to kill. I can't marry you cos its against my faith too. Joyce, you're asking for too much! I'm a family man with grown up kids and I love my family." Williams replied

"The child I'm carryin isn't your kid ehn? Look! Better tell you wife o! Or I'll go see her myself!" Joyce threatened walking out of his office.

"My God, where are you?" Williams whined.
"Please come to my rescue..." he lifted his palms up.

He cursed the day he met Joyce, at a friend's send off party, he got drunk and Joyce came along...

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by buskeske: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
Oh my God! tell me this is not true, how
Could williams do this to his family?
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nyc update,so Williams s doin d tin unda ground ehn?
Hmmm,i pity Barba n Joyce too cz Sasha wuldn't let ha go scott free... Job well dne Bukky
Re: Despite All Odds by princesa(f): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
just allow sasha treat Joyce and Williams fvck up cool
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
Barbra downed her second glass of soda, peering at her wristwatch. What's wrong with her husband? She mused, he'd asked her not to go out,that he's got something important to discuss with her. Its close to twelve noon and he's yet to emerge from his study.

She poured more drink into her glass, she've been waiting for weeks;just for him to open up and tell her what's up. At first, she thought its got to do with Sasha, but Kemi told her Sasha's alive and well,that had erased the thought of her losing a daughter she cherished though they weren't in talking terms.

The doorbell rang startling her. Whoever the unwanted visitor was! She hissed.

"Hi." A lady greeted as she opened the door.

"Hey.." Barbra wasn't sure she've seen that face before.

"You must be Barbra, aint it?" The Lady grinned.

"I'm Mrs Williams, and how may I help you?"

"Help me? Well..my name is Joyce to start with.."

"So?" Barbra sounded impatient.

"May I come in?"

"come in? I don't who you are yet!" Barbra snapped, the Lady's smile was irritating her.

"The last time I checked, this house belongs to Williams right?" Joyce eyed her.

Barbra heart raced, what was wrong.
"I think you should re-check again, cos this house belongs to The Williams Family,that is;his wife and children" she tried.

"Talking about his wife and children.." Joyce grimaced

"hello..what's going on?" Williams appeared behind Barbra.

"Just some ill-mannered lady.." Barbra stepped back for her husband to have a full view.

"Eeeiiy...I...uhm..Joyce...errm" Williams stuttered wishing he would drop dead.

"So you know her?" Barbra asked disgusted.

"I ...uhm...sweerie...can I have a word with you please." Williams led his wife away.

"Better tell her the whole truth!" Joyce called after him, pulling her bags into the house.

"So who's she?" Barbra fired as soon as they stepped into their bedroom.

"Calm down sweerie..lets talk this over." Williams pleaded looking for the right words.

Barbra exhaled sharply, she just hope its not what she's thinking.

"Baby, you know about 30 years ago, I professed my love for you... and you know that no matter what, I still love you right?" williams took her hands.

"You haven't answered my question!" Barbra said in a fierce whisper.

"I'm sorry Barbra..I...it was a mistake...I never wanted to do that, I won't ever hurt you.." a pause
"It happened during the send-off party I attended few months ago..."

"What happend? You'll save me alot of heartache if you would go straight to the point." Barbra was trembling.

"She's carrying my...my...child." Williams concluded in a low voice.

There was a roar of laughter, Barbra laughed really hard.
"Your Baby? Your child?" she found her voice.

Williams nodded.

Her five fingers circled his face with full force
"Bastar.d!" she muttered.
"You must be very st.upid and shameless."

williams backed away.

"Williams you? You of all people? After all we've been through?" Barbra wailed.

"I knew it! I always knew you would hurt me beyond repair." she wiped her tears.

She grabbed her car keys and started out of the room.

"Barbra please..."

"Don't...don't you try touch me! I'll strangle you!" she wagged a finger at him, before running out of the house.

Joyce rose to her feet as Barbra rushed past her.

"You she-devil! You've got what you want right? Destroy my home right?" Williams yelled at her.

"You didn't remember I'm a 'she-devil' when you were oohhing and aahing under me at your friends's party right?" Joyce shot back, her hand akimbo.

"you can't blackmail me!" Williams growled.

"Blackmail? That's what I just did. That night would forever be memorably aint it? Well I'm here, and you can savour more memorable nights!" Joyce taunted

Williams was speechless.

"You're gonna show me to my room huh? I need to rest my back:" she yawned.

"You came to stay here?"

"Yea..I came to stay- forever! Or are you gonna throw the mother of your unborn child out?" she grimaced.

"You can stay in any room downstairs, don't venture up the stairs." Williams replied defeated.

"Please help me with some of my bags." Joyce picked her hand bag, walking towards the direction Williams showed her.

Williams shook his head sorrowfully.
"God where are you? Come to my aid." he raised his palms.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hy@ Buskeke,its been long.
Tnx @ candis and Princesa
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
Where is sasha wen we need her, i tell you i love sasha-kind, see all of u clamouring 4 her now. She s still mine remember.
Re: Despite All Odds by oyestephen(m): 2:03am On Jul 22, 2013
Sashaaaaa.....this is your area of specialty, where art thou ?
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 7:41am On Jul 22, 2013
How's williams sure sef say d baby is his,
He sha claim say he is drunk when d deed happen
D woman might be pregnant 4 someone else nah
Who knows. Williams shld act like a man
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
William is stupid!!
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tnx@ Damex, Bigshol, Oyesteph and Sis HBG, love ya loadz
Hissing loudly; Sasha glared at her ringing phone. First it was her mother calling for more than ten times, then its Cassandra disturbing . She rejected the call, she doesn't want to speak with any of them, they should keep to themselves atleast.

Her phone vibrated, a new message icon displayed on the screen.

'Sasha please pick my calls, please
from Cassie.'

she drew a long hiss as cassandra started calling again.

"Hello?" Cassandra quiped gratefully as Sasha picked the call.

"I thought we aint in talking terms!" Sasha fumed.

"Oh pulleease, spare that Tigress!" Cassandra snapped.

"You didn't call to insult me did you?"

"Look! I need to talk to Kemi now!" Cassandra replied.

"And when did my phone number start looking like Kemi's?" Sasha asked irritated.

"Please Sasha just give her the phone lemme speak to her...her phone line aint going through!" Cassandra yelled.

"I'm not giving my phone to her!" Shasha ended the call.
She should go yell at someone else, definitely not Sasha Williams.

She grabbed her phone angrily as it started ringing again.
"Stop pestering me Missy!" she barked into the phone.

"Lady Sassy..." a cool voice began.

"Brother Dee? Is that you?" Sasha asked her temper cooling off

"Yea, hope you're fine?" Dapo didn't sound jovial.

"yeah, you?"

"Not bad..could you please give the phone to Kemi? Please?" Dapo pleaded,

"Yea..hold on." she spoke, running to Kemi's room.

Standing by the dresser, she watched Kemi speak sleepily into the phone.
"Talk to me...I'm all ears..." Kemi said rubbing her eyes.

"What?!" She rose to her feet startling Sasha.

"Oh my God! Dapo are you kidding me or..." Kemi was prancing up and down the room.

"See Dapo, take things easy okay...I'll call you by evening, tell mum to take everything easy, please." Kemi said whilst ending the call, her body trembling.

"Aunty Kay are you alright? Mum-dad? They're alright?" Sasha asked looking concerned.

"Yess....Sasha leave me alone." Kemi replied fighting back tears.

"Buh...what did Dapo say?" Sasha pestered

"Sasha get the heck outta my room!" Kemi screamed at her.

"Buh..you shouldn't transfer your agression on me...its just that I care!" Sasha was at the point of screaming.

"keep your 'care' to yourself! Sasha leave my room!" Kemi yelled tears streaming down her face.

"Buh..."

"Sasha!" Kemi screamed
"Leave at once, I don't wanna talk to you!" she wailed

"Okay fine!" Sasha turned bumping into Tunji.

He looked from his wife to Sasha, his eyes full of questions.

"I didn't do anything to her." Sasha muttered brushing past him.

"It's okay..." Tunji whispered hugging his wife.

"Wanna tell me about it?" He asked when her tears stopped flowing.

"No." she shook her head.

"Sure?"

she nodded

He cuddled her to sleep, he knew better. She'd open up, when the time is due.

Hitting her fist angrily against the wall of her room, Sasha blew with anger. Who does Kemi thinks she is anyway? She's a Williams too but why are they keeping talks from her? Or was it that her father died?

"God forbid." she muttered. She wasn't ready to be an orphan.

She dailled Kenny, rubbing her dreadlocks expectantly.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ken...whats up?" Sasha tried to sound cheerful.

"i'm good Sassy...missed you..." Kenny chuckled.

"Same here... Kenny how's everybody?"

"Fine." Kenny replied sharply.

"My dad is okay? Kenny are sure?"

"Yea, fine." Keny replied.

There was a long pause.
"Kenny is there something you don't wanna tell me? About my family?" Sasha pestered.

"No...everybody is okay." Kenny almost stuttered.

"Kenny, If you don't tell me the truth, I'd never forgive you!" She threatened.

"Sasha...mum made me promise not to tell you." Kenny said in a whisper

"C'mon tell me." Sasha urged.

"Nooo."

"Okay...fine then." Sasha gave up.

"Sasha please don't hang up..." He pleaded.

"What?"

"Why don't you come over, things aint good atall..."

"Nevermind!" Sasha ended the call.

She hugged her pillow, as sweat trickled down her face.
She'd talk to Tunji, he'd put her in the flight heading to portharcourt the next morning.

*u******
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
*in lagbaja's voice* thunder. There shall be war.
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
D name sasha is d beginning of fear, if
Joyce loves herself she should leave b4
Sasha returns cos hell go broke.
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
grin
Ehya 4 d Williamssad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.