Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated (7736 Views)

Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / Lagos Built 10.4MW Power Plant, To Be Inaugurated In August. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by awodman: 11:26am On Feb 28, 2013
The Transmission Company of Nigeria has inaugurated the second 330KV transmission line from Benin in Edo State, to Onitsha in Anambra State.

According to the company, the transmission line has been successfully energised from the Onitsha end with an initial load of 131Megawatts.

“By this commissioning, the Benin and Onitsha transmission sub-stations have been linked with a double circuit transmission line for the first time,” TCN said in a statement made available to our correspondent in Abuja.

The Chief Executive Officer, TCN, Mr. Olusola Akinniranye, said the feat of meeting the international N minus 1 (N-1) criteria meant that apart from the ability to wheel more power, the grid system would remain stable in the event of loss of one of the lines.

This, he said, would further enhance the nation’s grid stability and wheeling capacity.

Akinniranye said the nation’s transmission grid would be more robust and stable after the completion of the Alaoji-Owerri-Onitsha, Alaoji-Ikot Ekpene-Ugwaji-New Haven, Ugwaji-Aliade-Makurdi-Jos, and Osogbo-Benin 330kV transmission lines.

“The 330kV transmission line from the sub-station to the Calabar power plant is now alive on potential. The power plant will now have available power to run the pre-commissioning tests. One of the 2x75MX reactors was also commissioned,” he said.

The CEO expressed gratitude to the government and residents of states in the eastern region for their understanding and support as they had to cope with power outages during critical stages of the construction of the second 330kV transmission line from Benin to Onitsha.

Source:www.punchng.com/business/energy/tcn-inaugurates-330kv-onitsha-benin-transmission-line/
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hmmmm,I thought Dr Effeanyi, AKA Insincere9gerian was the 40L man incharge of Electricity Affairs.
Ok,weldone OP.It is well.
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
Good news. Jonathan might just take everybody by surprise.
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by awodman: 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Kamanda: Hmmmm,I thought Dr Effeanyi, AKA Insincere9gerian was the 40L man incharge of Electricity Affairs.
Ok,weldone OP.It is well.
Lol...oga kamanda Mr Ifeanyi just recruited some of us to help I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ his "good works"...its not 2 late ƒσя U̶̲̥̅̊ to join "us"
On a more serious note this is the kind of news nigerians want τ̅☺ wake up and hear every morning..kudos τ̅☺ GEJ and team..more power τ̅☺ their elbow..

4 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by blazingtrain: 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
good
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by aryzgreat: 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
Goodluck ebele Jonathan keeps disappointing his critics, weldone mr presido. Shame go catch them before 2015. I mean those loud mouths dat want to enter Aso rock tru d back door!

3 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Akpaife(m): 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
GEJ u will hav my vote come 2015 keep it up dnt mine mumu piple wey wat collect ur sit,u will rule us till 2019 we Nig love u sir carrry go I follow u
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Akpaife(m): 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
aryzgreat: Goodluck ebele Jonathan keeps disappointing his critics, weldone mr presido. Shame go catch them before 2015. I mean those loud mouths dat want to enter Aso rock tru d back door!
GEJ is working n A.C.P is talking

6 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by backtosender: 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
APES PRACTICING CRIMINALITY PARTY IS CONFUSE undecided
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Ebestsmscom: 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
OTU no dey carry last.

Up GEJ, down haters.
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by manny4life(m): 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
I think this is the video here

Start from 9:15 if you wanna avoid the long story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx9j_BEO5z0?t=9m12s

3 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by YoursGEJ(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
aryzgreat: Goodluck ebele Jonathan keeps disappointing his critics, weldone mr presido. Shame go catch them before 2015. I mean those loud mouths dat want to enter Aso rock tru d back door!

when you see light last for your house?

2 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Boyoorisha: 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2013
Gullible people! The tactics is to make the electricity stable some months to the elections and use it to campaign for his second term. I am not still impressed until I see a trait of incorruptibility in his dealings.
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by UNITEDMAN: 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
I can confirm that light is a bit stable in onitsha but still very poor in d sw generally. Nice1 though.
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
awodman:
Lol...oga kamanda Mr Ifeanyi just recruited some of us to help I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ his "good works"...its not 2 late ƒσя U̶̲̥̅̊ to join "us"
On a more serious note this is the kind of news nigerians want τ̅☺ wake up and hear every morning..kudos τ̅☺ GEJ and team..more power τ̅☺ their elbow..

Hmmm,something tells me this light matter may just end like GSM case oh.

Chai! But na wetin we go come take they yab Jona now?. Ok,well...corruption go still deh sha.
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by karlmax2: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
manny4life: I think this is the video here

Start from 9:15 if you wanna avoid the long story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx9j_BEO5z0?t=9m12s
if it wasnt for this NGGT how would nigerians know and see what this government is doing to improve the power sector that has been redundant since buhari's rule of terror.we can see why the ACN are against this tour that they initially supported, because it would open the eye of some nigerians that theyve brainwashed into believing that the fg is not working.

2 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by ypzilanti: 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
Intelligent observers will have noticed the need for a strong opposition party in Nigeria. In the past two weeks, GEJ has started moving faster than before. Kudos to him for the small small action lately. Opposition should increase the threats. All I want is good governance...I don't care if a bloody monkey is the effing President of Nigeria, so long as I see progress.

2 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by DWJOBScom(m): 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Boyoorisha:
Gullible people! The tactics is to make the electricity stable some months to the elections and use it to campaign for his second time. I am not still impressed until I see a trait of incorruptibility in his dealings.
na wa for your type o.....positive things must be strange to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by ypzilanti: 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
Kamanda:

Hmmm,something tells me this light matter may just end like GSM case oh.

Chai! But na wetin we go come take they yab Jona now?. Ok,well...corruption go still deh sha.

grin . I really believe that power is one sector GEJ can make serious gains. I have always said that...as soon as I saw the road map, I knew we could get it right, but I did not believe he would deliver. He may yet prove me wrong. that would be nice. Like super eagles surprise victory.

Anyway my broda...we will alway have Patience to yab him with. grin

4 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Goddex: 2:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
GEJ is working, meanwhile the Amoured Personnel carrier (APC)
are gathering in Maiduguri to symparthise with their Boko haram siblings.

Buhari must have influenced that choice of Maiduguri as a show of solidarity
to his Boko boys.

2 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by thelastPope(m): 2:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
DWJOBS.com:

You dey mind the guy? Just imagine what he posted, "make electricity stable few months to election that is in 2 years time"? Electricity that is already stable in many places now! The guy no go school!

2 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by talk2s(m): 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
Boyoorisha:
Gullible people! The tactics is to make the electricity stable some months to the elections and use it to campaign for his second time. I am not still impressed until I see a trait of incorruptibility in his dealings.

I know U're a spirit, which is faultless and blameless.
But until U learn the art of appreciation,
Ur 2moro can be correctly predicted!
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by manny4life(m): 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2013
karl max: if it wasnt for this NGGT how would nigerians know and see what this government is doing to improve the power sector that has been redundant since buhari's rule of terror.we can see why the ACN are against this tour that they initially supported, because it would open the eye of some nigerians that theyve brainwashed into believing that the fg is not working.

That is the problem now, this tour exposed a lot of deficiencies and repairs going on. I posted a link about PHCN Enugu, they are rounding up several projects for their states, like the report stated and even the video confirmed, Anambra is the master base for transfer to Edo state, this is because of the three power plants coming online including Geometrics needs to transfer power to other states/cities.

From the video, you heard the Engineer stating that they had to fixe because they need to transfer power outside and the good thing is that there are three Phases for this transfer. Power in the SE is gonna be stable encouraging small scale industries to finally pick up. People who are bent on dying can go on, if GEJ can deliver power to Nigerians, I think 30% of our problems will be solved.

The SW may be having problems with power, but I have few people who have confirmed that Nnewi/Anambra state has really improved. Without doubt, I know other South Eastern states are gearing up.

3 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by talk2s(m): 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Boyoorisha:

I know that only spirits like U are faultless and blameless.
But get a piece of advice:
Until U learn the art of appreciation,
Ur future can be correctly predicted!
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Boyoorisha: 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
thelastPope:

You dey mind the guy? Just imagine what he posted, "make electricity stable few months to election that is in 2 years time"? Electricity that is already stable in many places now! The guy no go school!
It is not your fault! You went to school but it is hard for you to know the right from left. Silly goat
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by Boyoorisha: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
DWJOBS.com:

Yet, you are still exhibiting gullibility! What type is your type?
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by DeCleff(m): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
In my area (Elelenwo) in Port Harcourt light has been stable for over 2 weeks and still counting.

Nigerians will surely beg GEJ to contest in 2015 if he make light stable nationwide

9 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by thelastPope(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
The mistake many critics made is that they ignorantly thought that power generation was the only problem with power so they kept making silly arguments about power generation figures. Some started talking about Nigeria needing 80000MW, blah, blah! Nigeria does not need that much power in the immediate as we don't have the industries yet but these industries will begin to spring up as soon as they feel tthe power is stable enough. So in the long term, yes, we will need more power generation. But what is more important now is that the power infrastruture is rehabilitated and the power being generated is evacuated to consumers. Transmission lines, sub stations, etc, needs to be fixed and new ones installed to ensure stable power. Hopefully, most of the work will be done this year.

3 Likes

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by taharqa: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Meanwhile, it is REALLY GREAT news that the very critical Benin-Onitsha 330KV Double circuit Transmission line is been completed. This line with 2 others (Afam-Jos and Alaoji-Warri-Onitsha), with some other shorter lines, are extremely critical in shoring up the Transmission infrastructure of Nigeria in the short and middle term to be able to wheel about 8500MW on-grid power successfully. Dont know the present state of the other two though.

From this report: 1 gone, the other 2 ongoing (though seems slow).

See:
http://www.nigeriaelectricityprivatisation.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/03/Roadmap-for-Power-Sector-Reform-Full-Version.pdf pg78
Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by takedat(m): 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
thelastPope: The mistake many critics made is that they ignorantly thought that power generation was the only problem with power so they kept making silly arguments about power generation figures. Some started talking about Nigeria needing 80000MW, blah, blah! Nigeria does not need that much power in the immediate as we don't have the industries yet but these industries will begin to spring up as soon as they feel tthe power is stable enough. So in the long term, yes, we will need more power generation. But what is more important now is that the power infrastruture is rehabilitated and the power being generated is evacuated to consumers. Transmission lines, sub stations, etc, needs to be fixed and new ones installed to ensure stable power. Hopefully, most of the work will be done this year.
We don hear you!

1 Like

Re: 330KV Onitsha-benin Transmission Line Inaugurated by DWJOBScom(m): 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
Boyoorisha:

Yet, you are still exhibiting gullibility! What type is your type?
NO COMMENT!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo, Ondo 2020: IGP orders mop-up of illegal firearms, arrest of offenders / Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections / Video: Pdp "Underage" Vote Rigging In Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.