Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (2002 Views)

92-Yr-Old Man Marries 22-Yr-Old Woman / Father Of 22 Children By 14 Women / 38 Killed, 50 Missing In Jos Flood (2) (3) (4)

. by teegurl2(f): 11:29am On Feb 28, 2013
Re: . by sweettease(f): 11:37am On Feb 28, 2013
If you love him, don't let the age difference borther you, its not that much of a big deal. The getting pregnant before introduction or marriage is what i won't encourage for anything, don't even think about it. If he loves you enough, let the marriage come before pregnancy...
Re: . by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
At 38,he has never been married??he wants you to get pregnant before introduction?Do you really know this guy?Can you tell for certain that he isn't a married man whose marital union was fruitless hence he is seeking for a child outside his union?Am skeptical about this your guy,I smell a whole lot of fish.Please investigate this your guy,I know am going out of point but just investigate.

Sorry,I have issue with the age thing,Oldies comes with a lot of baggages.Can't you settle for a younger man??I really don't like the too much age difference thing,age aint just number like some will claim.After investigating this guy critically and decide he is clean,make sure he marries you in every way a woman should be married before you allow his seed to be planted in you.

Re: . by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
My Dear, I understand how it is being 22, This is a time when decisions will affect your future.
Be very careful, don't let anyone pressure you into something not beneficial to you. Are you done with school?
Have you served? This is a time to build your life
I am not saying don't marry if you get a serious person you love but do things properly
1. Marriage comes before babies

2. No unprotected s3x till you know the other persons HIV status, Hepatitis, Blood Genotype comaptability
Having a baby is more than opening your legs
3. If he wants marriage let him do things right.

I won't lie to you a 38 year old man asking you to get pregnant before meeting your parents just wants to have skin to skin with you

I wish mothers would be more open so our daughters wouldn't be misled easily

Re: . by sweettease(f): 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
byvan: At 38,he has never been married??he wants you to get pregnant before introduction?Do you really know this guy?Can you tell for certain that he isn't a married man whose marital union was fruitless hence he is seeking for a child outside his union?Am skeptical about this your guy,I smell a whole lot of fish.Please investigate this your guy,I know am going out of point but just investigate.
I thought about this also, but i left it out cause i felt i might just be digressing but since you noticed the same thing.......op better check that out also
Re: . by biolabee(m): 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
A word is enuff for the wise

ish
Re: . by baby124: 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
I don't support this:

1) Generational gap is damn too much: when you are talking about dbanj or tonto dike gossip, he can't relate. All his friends and friends wives may be waay older than you, and you probably won't be able to blend in. If at 38 he is not married, you need to ask questions. As I am sure he was not waiting for you all this while. A playboy can be a playboy till he dies. Can you deal with that? I am all for marrying someone closer in age. You kind of grow together. Think about it, will you still feel the same way about him when you are 30 and he is almost 50?
2) You are not yet established. Not saying you should have all the money in the world. But get a job and have a career going. You don't want to delay all that and start having babies asap. As it is already established that, that is what he wants.

3) This man is damn suspicious. There is nothing some men cannot do. Protect yourself first and always use protection. Don't be fooled my money or empty promises. Always have an inquiring mind, if it doesn't make sense. Then it doesn't.
Re: . by damiso(f): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
To me the issue here is not even age difference.I am more alarmed at the get pregnant for him And also the fact that you are still in school.Abeg my darling being a mum is not beans o hian.Esp a single mum at that cos even women with well established careers sef dont find it easy.

Why the rush?I am not saying you cant marry at 22 but pls getting pregnant is putting the cart before the horse.As others have said dont have unprotected sex with him pls(YOU are the one who will carry a baby).This is the same advice i will give my younger sis who is waay older than you with a very good job.

All these agbaya men going about sef undecided lipsrsealed.

P.S am not knocking the age diff o it just annoys me when people play on another naivete.

Re: . by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2013
@OP I think it's wrong for you to get pregnant before introducing him to your parents. He may be trying to get you hooked just in case your parents disapprove of his age. Why don't he genuinely prove to them that he loves you and make them see reasons why you two will be good together.
Re: . by Winneygirl(f): 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
@Op,
Don't allow Urself get caught in a pregnancy snare.

Has d man met Ur parents?

He knws dat Ur parents might not approve of d relationship, so He wants U pregnant, so dat Ur parents will have no choice but 2 agree 2 d Union.

There's something 'off' about him.

Trust Ur instincts!!!

Ur instincts are drawing Ur attention 2 something odd abt him. Do not ignore Ur instincts.

Shine Ur eye!!
Let Ur parents know him. Let them knw dat he is asking U 2get pregnant 4him. I'm sure they will kick against such union immediately.

Dis Man does not love U. He will not make U happy. He wants a baby so dat His family will stop pressuring him. Don't fall into his trap.

U're just 22. D right man will come along.

Be wise!!!
Be wise!!!
Be wise oooo!!!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
You've heard it all. Only get pregnant if you are willing to become a single mom because that would be a risk you would be knowingly taking. Deliberately getting you pregnant even before meeting parents? Who asks that? He sounds possibly controlling to me. The age difference in itself is not an issue if you have a good man. But if you have a controlling person who abuses the power differential, then you are in for it.
Re: . by greatgod2012(f): 4:06am On Mar 01, 2013
byvan: At 38,he has never been married??he wants you to get pregnant before introduction?Do you really know this guy?Can you tell for certain that he isn't a married man whose marital union was fruitless hence he is seeking for a child outside his union?Am skeptical about this your guy,I smell a whole lot of fish.Please investigate this your guy,I know am going out of point but just investigate.

Sorry,I have issue with the age thing,Oldies comes with a lot of baggages.Can't you settle for a younger man??I really don't like the too much age difference thing,age aint just number like some will claim.After investigating this guy critically and decide he is clean,make sure he marries you in every way a woman should be married before you allow his seed to be planted in you.

seconded!
Re: . by teegurl2(f): 6:04am On Mar 01, 2013
Indeed I av learnt a lot, if only I could discuss openly with my mum.All your contributions so far have been an eye opener. Thank u and God bless
Re: . by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 01, 2013
My dear, at 22 you should be free to talk to your mom on boyfriends and marriage.
Anyway, women today build their own lives and don't have to depend on a man for financial aid, am suspecting that's the attraction.
Concentrate on your studies and try to speak with your mom

Please don't get pregnant. It seems to me you hardly know anything about that man self
Its a little too much and over powering
Re: . by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2013
baby_123: I don't support this:

1) Generational gap is damn too much: when you are talking about dbanj or tonto dike gossip, he can't relate. All his friends and friends wives may be waay older than you, and you probably won't be able to blend in. If at 38 he is not married, you need to ask questions. As I am sure he was not waiting for you all this while. A playboy can be a playboy till he dies. Can you deal with that? I am all for marrying someone closer in age. You kind of grow together. Think about it, will you still feel the same way about him when you are 30 and he is almost 50?
2) You are not yet established. Not saying you should have all the money in the world. But get a job and have a career going. You don't want to delay all that and start having babies asap. As it is already established that, that is what he wants.

3) This man is damn suspicious. There is nothing some men cannot do. Protect yourself first and always use protection. Don't be fooled my money or empty promises. Always have an inquiring mind, if it doesn't make sense. Then it doesn't.

On point . . . cool cool
Re: . by traeces(m): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2013

The poster quoted seems to have a deep well of experience you could very well benefit from. Ignore her at your own risk.
Re: . by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
tee.gurl:
I love this guy so much, but am bothered by the age difference.hez urging me to get pregnant for him and introduce him to my parent..buh before I tell my parent, am wondering if its ryt. Am still in schul though he sed, it doesn't worry him. Pls I want matured advice.thanks

Does the love come from the financial gains?

What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" / Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? / Mother As Maid