Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,550 members, 7,809,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Kiss - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kiss (626 Views)

The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy / We Kiss Goodbye On A Silent Morning / It Started With A Kiss. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kiss by Themoreyoulook: 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
The unrelenting rays from the sun rided on my skin as i walked briskly towards the post office.After what seemed like forever,i arrived at my destination and heaved a well satisfied sigh;am sure i was glader than Gowon after the Biafran army was defeated.As i entered into the premises,i almost lost my satisfaction as i thought i had come to the wrong place.The walls of the building was like the work of a seven year old child prodigy who got a distinction in his art project for moulding a complex with clay soil.The roof of the building was even more pathetic than the wall and the ceiling was like a worn out cabinet.I bet they store documents in there.I almost took u-turn but then i saw a scribbled wary inscription on the wall that read 'POST OFFICE'. At that instant,i gave out a piercing laughter that briefly drew some attention to me and then i slipped into the building through a once glorious door that threatened to fall on me.Getting inside the building,i was double-astonished.
The interior of the building was the complete opposite of the exterior.From the excessively beautiful receptionist desk to the security stand and around the place was given some deft touch.It make me wonder why the funny arrangement;a rough diamond.What had the government to hide in a post office to make it so unattractive on the outside but on the inside,like the abriged garden of eden.Fortunately i didnt have the time to indulge more on the question and so i made it rhetorical as i raced my attention back to the receptionist.God she was beautiful. Very often i see beautiful girls on campus and so almost all girls looked the same to me but this one was a rare beauty.She had eyes that sparked like lightening crossing paths and they complimented her light,full-of-valour succullent skin.Though i couldnt see her that clearly,she sure was out of this world.As i approached the desk,it became more fascinating as she began to look familiar.Getting to the desk,she raced her head and gave me a direct stare mixed with reserved shock,then i remembered how she was familiar.
I first saw her some years back,while still in secondary school.I attended Aquinas high school an average school.We never had the fancy playing ground with a no-good swimming pool.The monumental structures was just as absent as the no-flogging policy.Infact,i would say we had a FLOGGING-POLICY back then.Our cane-briddled teachers never missed the customary 'canning of late comers'. If you failed to do your assignment of course you should be prepared for the uneviable treatment.But the one which now to me look even more lugubrous than a monkey backing a goat was the 'coming below 20th in class,canning'. As funny as it sounds though,it did help a lot of persons and am a living proof of that. When i first arrived secondary school,you could say i was more wacko than a wack-job but two years within the walls of Aquinas high changed the terribly bent dry fish to a straight teli-mask. I was good.like so good that i earned the name 'eistein of aquinas'. I maintained this feat for long until the cat-woman to my bat-man came;her name was Tara.
Tara looked innocent and all but not to me or at least not to my academic career.The first time i saw Tara,i just thought here was another heavenly beauty but just like the rest of them,she was a 'weaker sex'. I was soon to be proved wrong.I hardly spoke to Tara and girls in general (except some really special ones) and that made the think i was a snob when the truth was that for some reasons unknown to me,i couldn't.You could say perhaps i was shy.i don't know if i was,i don't think i was but maybe i was. Anyways,i continued to be good and even occassionally,i showed-off and then one day,Tara boldly worked up to me and requested i coach her on a particular physics topic and i pride,arrogance and maybe a little fear,i said NO. And that probably triggered the genuis in her,or maybe she was before. After our exams,came our results. Lo and behold,i came our second. Guess who pushed the lion out of the jungle;Tara.

1 Like

Re: Kiss by natkel1: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
Go on
Re: Kiss by natkel1: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
Lovely description

(1) (Reply)

GREAT POEMS By Olumide / The Second Murder / Writers Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.