Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (25690 Views)

China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students / Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools / Muslim Students`society Of Nigeria Presents Mini -ivc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hallie27:
lolz...why should i be? I will never be ashamed of being a muslimah,cos that is the greatest gift Allah has bestowed on me. Well,am not surprised you'll say that, am not even sure you believe God exists,lol. Dont worry about my shame,k? Worry more about your eternity.
TYPICAL BRAINWASHED MUSLIM BRAIN LMAO .GIFT KE CURSE NI ..YOU MEAN YOUR FOREFATHERS ARE ROTTING IN HELL BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT MUSLIM? YOU MEAN THEY WERE CURSED AND ARE WISHING ARABS CAME EARLIER? SMH ,BRAINWASHING I TELL YOU THERE IS NO PRIDE IN BEING A SLAVE.
WHY THEY KICK U OUT OF THEIR COUNTRIES AND REFUSE U VISA TO GO TO MECCA.
God is just a name in different language my God exists and his name is Zamba.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I SAID IN WESTERN SCHOOLS ..U R FREE TO SEEK YOUR KNOWLEDGE IN YOUR MUSLIM/ARABIC SCHOOLS.
you understand the language am speaking,dont you? I said, a muslim is obliged to seek knowledge in all aspects of life,and in every place knowledge is to be seeked. So,sorry to disappoint you, as we seek knowledge in our arabic schools, we also seek knowlege from other spheres of life,and there's nothing nobody can do about that,cos THAT is also an Islamic obligation.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by tbaba1234: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: REFER TO THE LINK I POSTED.
SEVERAL MUSLIM COUNTRIES BANNED HIJAB IN SCHOOLS,PUBLIC PLACE AND GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS BUT NO OUR AFRICAN MUSLIM SLAVES ARE HERE DEFENDING IT AS IF THEIR LIFES DEPEND ON IT. MORE ROYALIST THAN THE KING I TELL YA....
STOP TRYING TO SHOVE YOUR RELIGION AND YOUR ARABO-ASIATIC CULTURE THAT U ADOPTED ON OTHERS AND WE WOULD HAVE A DEAL

Turkey and Tunisia made those bans under secular governments trying to force secularity unto the people... The laws have already been reversed by the present governments.

The laws of Islam are clear, you do not have to like it but do not come here claiming you know anything...
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: TYPICAL BRAINWASHED MUSLIM BRAIN LMAO .GIFT KE CURSE NI ..YOU MEAN YOUR FOREFATHERS ARE ROTTING IN HELL BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT MUSLIM? YOU MEAN THEY WERE CURSED AND ARE WISHING ARABS CAME EARLIER? SMH ,BRAINWASHING I TELL YOU THERE IS NO PRIDE IN BEING A SLAVE.
WHY THEY KICK U OUT OF THEIR COUNTRIES AND REFUSE U VISA TO GO TO MECCA.
God is just a name in different language my God exists and his name is Zamba.
who told you my forefathers were not muslims? Zamba??
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
muib: Some comments on this thread are unfair.. Because the present uniform system favours some people, they are trying to deny others there right. Hijab is very crucial in Islam.. It's explicitly stated in the sharia so other laws must make room for it.. There is freedom of dressing in the nigrian law.. What if Christians are forced to wear Hijab? Will they not react?... We should be obj ective when we are making statements
sharia law in lagos? tufiakwa Let me visit Lagos first angry angry angry
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Chynx(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
muib: Some comments on this thread are unfair.. Because the present uniform system favours some people, they are trying to deny others there right. Hijab is very crucial in Islam.. It's explicitly stated in the sharia so other laws must make room for it.. There is freedom of dressing in the nigrian law.. What if Christians are forced to wear Hijab? Will they not react?... We should be objective when we are making statements

My dear, some Christian ladies also make sure they have their hair covered during worship. Why d hell dont they wear there scarf in school? There is a clear difference between a place of worship and an academic insttution. A school where uniformity is practiced has to be uniformity all the way! We also have schools where students are allowed to wear casuals to the classroom...they can then wear their hajib there. Have u heard of hajib being criticised in Universities?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hallie27:
who told you my forefathers were not muslims? Zamba??
nope history hope u are faking and are not that daft in the real life.
When did islam come in Africa?
Your forefathers existed and lived peacefully a way before Islam go back to your roots and educate yourself
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
Chynx:

My dear, some Christian ladies also make sure they have their hair covered during worship. Why d hell dont they wear there scarf in school? There is a clear difference between a place of worship and an academic insttution. A school where uniformity is practiced has to be uniformity all the way! We also have schools where students are allowed to wear casuals to the classroom...they can then wear their hajib there. Have u heard of hajib being criticised in Universities?
tell them ...
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE] sharia law in lagos? tufiakwa Let me visit Lagos first angry angry angry[/quotequote
I said Hijab is important to a muslimah.. And since its stated in the quran which give rise to the sharia then there is nothing anybody can do about it. Even in US and Europe, Hijab is allowed in schools.. Let to talk of Nigeria!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by tbaba1234: 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
Chynx:

You are still not getting it...

The hijab is not just a mosque thing for the muslim, it is something that is observed all the time.

Be objective:

i. It is a public school and under the Nigerian constitution hence they cannot prevent a person from a religious obligation. If you have a private school, you can fix your own laws.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by roxell120(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
there is never peace and tranquility anywhere this religion is found, from sudan to somalia,from pakistan to palistian,from iran to iraq,from afghanistan to wherever. look at my own country.tufiakwa ma okwukwe
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Kassidy90(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
OPPRESSION!!!

To all those who keep their Money and other Valuables in the safest Vault of the Best Bank in the world and yet claims Women who VEIL themselves using the IJAAB/NIQOB are OPPRESSED; indeed, they are also oppressing their MONEY and other Valuables!

There is no better Treasure than a pious Woman, who is not only steadfast but also completely submit to the absolute WILL of Allaah. Such a treasure deserves love, affection and ofcourse protection.

Don't get it twisted, Islaam is a peaceful DEEN!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Fussbot: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
This is my question?are xtians also allowed in the constitution 2 wear sutana,rosaries,and the likes 2 skul since(as some said)muslims are allowed??
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=Chynx]

My dear, some Christian ladies also make sure they have their hair covered during worship. Why d hell dont they wear there scarf in school? There is a clear difference between a place of worship and an academic insttution. A school where uniformity is practiced has to be uniformity all the way! We also have schools where students are allowed to wear casuals to the classroom...they can then wear their hajib there. Have u heard of hajib being criticised in Universities?[/quote
You must understand that Muslim girls are not only to cover their hair during worship but all the time except when they are indoor with their nucleated family that they can wish anything.. Moreover the issue of Hijab transcends covering of hair.. It's beyond that
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hallie27:
you understand the language am speaking,dont you? I said, a muslim is obliged to seek knowledge in all aspects of life,and in every place knowledge is to be seeked. So,sorry to disappoint you, as we seek knowledge in our arabic schools, we also seek knowlege from other spheres of life,and there's nothing nobody can do about that,cos THAT is also an Islamic obligation.
their schools their rules.bend to that or stay in your Arabic schools
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by NOLONGTIN1(m): 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
ola_pluto: The principals involved acted beyond their jurisdiction. This issue of ijab in schools is a crisis waiting to happen if our authorities do not nip it in the bud. Even in UK, primary school children wear ijabs to schools in public schools. I was at Stratford early this month and opportuned to see a primary school playing ground at lunchtime. I was very impressed with how everyone got along well, with the young gals in ijab playing and doing well.
The pupils do not have any issues with their mate wearing ijab. It is only the overzealous principals and teachers who try to enforce their religion.
Having said that, I think however, that our MSSN could have approached this in a more effective and legal way. They do not need 200 pupils shouting 'Allah Akbar'.. All they need is 2 brothers and 2 sisters who know their worth. There's a tactic to approach every problem

Last i checked this happened in Nigeria and not UK, except you are suggesting we copy them - and not just the rules/laws that suits ur religion/views but every one of their rules. I would'nt mind, but at the end of the day you will strap yourself with Bombs claiming The Westerners(UK) are corrupting you with their Rules/Laws or Behavior.
When ever you want to compare Nigeria to other countries make sure its something that will take us Forward(e.g. Education, Technology, innovation etc) and not Backward(Religion, wearing Hijab, wearing Red socks to school, women covering their faces, wearing Rosary..... as you noticed these would'nt take us anywhere)
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Chynx(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

You are still not getting it...

The hijab is not just a mosque thing for the muslim, it is something that is observed all the time.

Be objective:

i. It is a public school and under the Nigerian constitution hence they cannot prevent a person from a religious obligation. If you have a private school, you can fix your own laws.

My dear, we simply dont want our kids to be marooned (by way of imitation) into a religion that knows NO PEACE! There is hardly any muslim country or settlement that isnt always fighting for one reason or the other. U guys are rich enof to build schools for ur hajibs as well. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by wasiudvd(m): 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

1. The girl did nothing to contravene the law... So all that is needed is an enforcement of the law.

2. No one is disrupting the peace, they held a protest to air their grievances, Last time i checked, they are allowed to do that.

Think before commenting.

Hmm! I can see u are thinking with your eyes closed.
“It seems there is a consensus among school principals to deliberately disrupt the relative peace in the state by launching assault on innocent Muslim students upholding the moral conduct of their faith through the use of hijab"
If u comprehend d above statement, u will know thet threaten to disrupt peace if they are not allowed to wear hijab.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by kunxle: 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
MAY ALLAH STRENTHEN YOU IMAN AND HIKMAH. THIS IS JIHAD IN THE RIGHT CAUSE.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by NOLONGTIN1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Kassidy90:
OPPRESSION!!!

To all those who keep their Money and other Valuables in the safest Vault of the Best Bank in the world and yet claims Women who VEIL themselves using the IJAAB/NIQOB are OPPRESSED; indeed, they are also oppressing their MONEY and other Valuables!

There is no better Treasure than a pious Woman, who is not only steadfast but also completely submit to the absolute WILL of Allaah. Such a treasure deserves love, affection and ofcourse protection.

Don't get it twisted, Islaam is a peaceful DEEN!

So Women with Hijab are automatically Pios Women? Why Women Without Hijabs are? *Laughing in English*
A pure/Clean Heart is not determined by outwards appearance.TM
Don't get it twisted
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by baby124: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Well in this day and age, no one should be allowed to run around totally covered. If muslims want to be free to practice this aspect of their religion, they should do something about suicide bombers. A school or institution is supposed to be liberal but not to the point where some of your students are fully covered. If they want to do this, there are muslim schools around Lagos that can accommodate them. Due to security issues, no one should be covering up their whole body anyhow abeg.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Fussbot: 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
naptu2: School kids wearing hijab
this is definetely ansarudeen or attoheed nursery and primary school,nobody is stoping them since it's a muslim skul..bt we tlkin bout govt skul here
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: their schools their rules.bend to that or stay in your Arabic schools
Whose school whose rules?. The schools they use tax payer's money to maintain... Or Muslims don't pay tax in lag?
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Chynx(m): 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
kunxle: MAY ALLAH STRENTHEN YOU IMAN AND HIKMAH. THIS IS JIHAD IN THE RIGHT CAUSE.

Lol religious warrior. The next thjing now is to consult some [b]western contacts [/b]for bombs. If u dont have a job pls come and help control traffic in Lagos. Hold up wan kill person! grin
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by roxell120(m): 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=muib][/quote]
i hope it also applies to gumming of their private part before mariage.we can only decieve man not God. i taught in a secondary school where muslim girls must cover themselves totally with flowing gowns in kaduna during my service year. if i tell u what these girls can do,ull shiver. all these things are hypocritical in every angle.thats y i said u cant fool God.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Akiika: 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
This is what you get when leaders are not leading, when legislators aren't doing their job but rather looting. This is what happens when the system is broken.
Religious intolerance, ethnic bigotry. Nigeria must be the country with the worst people in the world.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Chynx(m): 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
roxell120:
i hope it also applies to gumming of there private part before mariage.we can only decieve man not God. i taught in a secondary school where muslim girls must cover themselves totally with flowing gowns in kaduna during my service year. if i tell u what these girls can do,ull shiver. all these things are hypocritical in every angle.thats y i said u cant fool God.

Gbam!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Chynx(m): 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
baby_123: Well in this day and age, no one should be allowed to run around totally covered. If muslims want to be free to practice this aspect of their religion, they should do something about suicide bombers. A school or institution is supposed to be liberal but not to the point where some of your students are fully covered. If they want to do this, there are muslim schools around Lagos that can accommodate them. Due to security issues, no one should be covering up their whole body anyhow abeg.
grin grin grin grin grin grin Bombs can be easily concealed under masquerade attires these days uno! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by misslaw(f): 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
pls tel me 1 tin,hw dos d ijab affect d skul principal or skul rule hen
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by tbaba1234: 6:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
Chynx:

My dear, we simply dont want our kids to be marooned (by way of imitation) into a religion that knows NO PEACE! There is hardly any muslim country or settlement that isnt always fight for one reason or the other. U guys are rich enof to build schools for ur hajibs as well. Thank you.

i. I am not your dear...

ii. You have lived with muslims in Lagos for many years, including those wearing the Hijab.. How many people have been forced/intimidated into Islam?

iii. How many people can afford private schools? The public school is for everyone not just for you..., If you do not like it, you can go to a private school that would restrict people's rights. You guys accuse muslims of intolerance but the kinds of things you utter reeks of it. I sincerely hope that people start removing the log in their eyes first according to their book.

iv. You can do a proper research on the history of muslim states and christian ruled states and tell me your results. Only one carried out crusades and inquisitions.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by NOLONGTIN1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
muib:
muib:

To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

This means nothing to me, i dont feel threatened at all, i will say whatever i like.
i've never been banned, but i hear people get banned, then open another account. I won't, i promise!!!
The day i get banned will be the day i leave this forum, it will be Niaraland -1

P.S. I vist Nairaland to read News article, i could also download apps or bookmark online News Sites

MY Advise to Islamist, if you don't want to read/see articles/comments offensive to Islam, STAY OFF THE INTERNET

Your Daily visitor,
Nlander tired of seeing that red banner
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by naptu2: 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
Fussbot: this is definetely ansarudeen or attoheed nursery and primary school,nobody is stoping them since it's a muslim skul..bt we tlkin bout govt skul here

Government school that must act in accordance with the law.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

British Ambassador Embraces Islam, Performs Hajj / Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited / Fashion Thread For Muslim Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.