Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour (10968 Views)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by karlmax2: 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Wed, 27/02/2013 - 6:42pm

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Lagos State Chapter on Wednesday faulted Gov. Babatunde Fashola's position on the National Good Governance Tour, describing it as hypocritical.

The party said that the governor’s rejection of the team on good governance tour was an attempt to hide the state's ``shortcomings’’.

The PDP said in a statement signed by its Publicity Secretary, Mr Taofik Gani that Fashola was only playing to the gallery, pointing out that he (Fashola) and other governors had endorsed the tour.

``The same governor who has condemned the good governance tour is currently on tour of project sites in the state.

``Honestly, the attitude can be described that of kettle calling pot black.

``Lagos State Government has no moral right to criticise the tour; it has been celebrating every 100 days in office since 2007 wasting public funds,’’ the party said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that Fashola had on Feb. 26, while marking his 2,100 days in office, said that Lagos would not welcome the team.

According to him, ``a government does not need a good governance tour to showcase its projects as good projects can be seen by the people.’’

The National Good Governance Tour, led by the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, was inaugurated on Sept. 20, 2012.

The tour has so taken them to all the South-South states and some states in the North

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/48769/2013/02/27/pdp_faults_fasholas_criticism_good_governance_tour.html

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by karlmax2: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
I agree with PDP on this one. Its so unfortunate that Fashola is trying to play politics with development. I don't see any reason why Fashola should be opposed to an exercise that seeks to review performance of govts at all levels and showcase what govt is doing with taxpayers money.

Maku's tour is the best thing that has happened to public information management in a long while. I can hardly think of any other programme that promotes accountability and deepens democracy more than this tour.

It is a peer review mechanism of sorts. The town hall meeting concept of it brings an interesting dimension for public engagement.
I understand that the so called 120 delegates are mainly journalists representing several media houses and civil society groups.
It is therefore unfair to describe a fact finding assessment tour by these calibre of people as a jamboree

13 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by lacasa: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
karl max: I agree with PDP on this one. Its so unfortunate that Fashola is trying to play politics with development. I don't see any reason why Fashola should be opposed to an exercise that seeks to review performance of govts at all levels and showcase what govt is doing with taxpayers money.

Maku's tour is the best thing that has happened to public information management in a long while. I can hardly think of any other programme that promotes accountability and deepens democracy more than this tour.

It is a peer review mechanism of sorts. The town hall meeting concept of it brings an interesting dimension for public engagement.
I understand that the so called 120 delegates are mainly journalists representing several media houses and civil society groups.
It is therefore unfair to describe a fact finding assessment tour by these calibre of people as a jamboree

Let them go anϑ assess Patience jonathan's 4bn mission house first angry

Mtscheeeuw!!

18 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by takedat(m): 5:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
lacasa:

Mtscheeeuw!!
Or the N16billion VP residence cheesy

8 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by mycito90: 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
take dat: Or the N16billion VP residence cheesy
all sort of nonsence ppl
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by idirect(m): 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
In other news

12 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by tony1980: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
In my own opinion,the tour is rubbish.please,let the PDP Government give up steady power supply and security and see whether all other things will not fall in place.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by venorite(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
Even with the good governance ish, they will still spend money to transport and feed me maku Nd other delegates. U dont really need a tour to know your government is working.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by brownlord: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
B
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by glen87: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
Oya those that regard Fashola as god should defend him. Is it not same fashola and Thienubu that wasted billions of naira and blocked the whole surulere just to celebrate thifubu birthday. Criminals.

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by manny4life(m): 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
Fashola is a two-sided man, this won't be the first he has changed his mouth on national matters. This is what's expected from him, not surprised at all.

The PDP said in a statement signed by its Publicity Secretary, Mr Taofik Gani that Fashola was only playing to the gallery, pointing out that he (Fashola) and other governors had endorsed the tour.

``The same governor who has condemned the good governance tour is currently on tour of project sites in the state.

``Honestly, the attitude can be described that of kettle calling pot black.

Need I say more at the bold

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by kkkp: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
Nicompoops lyk u r meant to be at zoological gardens whr Erythrocebus patas, hippopotemus amphibius etc live bcus ur cerebrum is made up of mud
glen87: Oya those that regard Fashola as god should defend him. Is it not same fashola and Thienubu that wasted billions of naira and blocked the whole surulere just to celebrate thifubu birthday. Criminals.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by takedat(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
karl max: Wed, 27/02/2013 - 6:42pm

``The same governor who has condemned the good governance tour is currently on tour of project sites in the state"

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/48769/2013/02/27/pdp_faults_fasholas_criticism_good_governance_tour.html
Why does he need some excursionists, when he is already inspecting the project sites with journalists from the state controlled media and other independent media houses? Does an elected governor need a minister to validate his project/performance? GGT is a scam!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by lycro(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
Check out my signature on ma profile to receive the dstv software for p.c and phones for free.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
Fashola, a man that knows it all. Fashola is working. Go to Alimosho, the largest L.G in Lagos. Nothing to write home about. Eko o ni baje, o baje ti

3 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by lycro(m): 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Cos the system didn't allow to post the site.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Fashola, a man that knows it all. Fashola is working. A government waging war against the poor. Go to Alimosho, the largest L.G in Lagos. Nothing to write home about. Eko o ni baje, o baje ti

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by EkoIle1: 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
manny4life: Fashola is a two-sided man, this won't be the first he has changed his mouth on national matters. This is what's expected from him, not surprised at all.

many4fool is still peddling the same lies by scammers and con men?

Who do I trust? Fashola or Maku and his useless and incompetent 419 scam tour crew? hhhhhhmmm..... Definitely Fashola..

...with people like you carrying water bottle for crooked and corrupt people, Nigeria has no future.

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by manny4life(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
Eko Ile:

many4fool is still peddling the same lies by scammers and con men?

Who do I trust? Fashola or Maku and his useless and incompetent 419 scam tour crew? hhhhhhmmm..... Definitely Fashola..

...with people like you carrying water bottle for crooked and corrupt people, Nigeria has no future.

There's nothing wrong in defending your paymaster fucktardious maniac

Here it is foolishh cretinous anuofia

The coordinator of NGGT, Mr Samuel Ajayi, made this known in a statement on Saturday, saying that the “Tour Team will go ahead and inspect Federal projects in such states.”

“But where any state chooses not to participate, it can opt out of the NGGT without blackmailing the Tour Team” Mr Ajayi declared.

“It has become imperative to set the records straight, following comments credited to the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, wherein he declared that he would not use state resources to fund the National Good Governance Tour (NGGT) visit to his state” the statement read.

Explaining the origin and duty of NGGT, the statement noted that the tour is a programme designed by the Federal Ministry of Information in collaboration with the National Planning Commission and the Office of the Special Adviser to the President on Performance Monitoring[size=16pt] and endorsed by the 36 State Governors under the aegis of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) and the National Economic Council[/size], to publicize the development programmes and projects of all tiers of government in the country.

“It is a non-partisan tour involving the leadership of the Nigeria Union of Journalists; (NUJ) the Radio, Television and Theatre Arts Workers Union (RATTAWU); leaders of women and youth organisations; National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS); National Council of Women Societies (NCWS); leaders of non-governmental organisations; operatives of security agencies; representative(s) of the Nigeria Governors Forum Secretariat; and reporters from the nation’s print and electronic media.”

So far, the NGGT team has visited 14 states in the North-Central, South-East and the South-South geo-political zones of the country.

sn't Fashola the co-chairperson of the National Governors Forum after the Rivers Governor? How could an important state like Lagos, and Fashola being very vocal, be at National Govt Forum / National Economic Council meeting, they agree, leave the meeting in peace, Fashola NEVER objected only for him to change his mouth now. The funny thing was that IT WAS ENDORSED BY THE 36 GOVERNORS not 35 govt, BUT 36 GOVERNORS including Oshimole of Edo state, it wasn't ill-conceived then, I bet if there was something to sign, he probably signed one...

I fear fashola die, this was how he changed in oil subsidy, was at the forum and endorsed the removal, as soon as the shitt hit the fan, he change 180 degrees. I pity people who still have hopes on this man, this will prolly be the third time he has 180 deg shifted on national issues and started speaking big English. This is a man whom you want to trust with presidency? He will tell you good words on the campaign trail only for him to change in the first hour he steps into office.

Anyway, this was from ---> http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/24/fg-insists-on-national-good-governance-tour-in-edo-state/

4 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by AZeD1(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
manny4life: Fashola is a two-sided man, this won't be the first he has changed his mouth on national matters. This is what's expected from him, not surprised at all.
Just because other governors supported the GGT doesn't mean Fashola supported it. The GGT is a jamboree. I don't need Maku to tell me if there is light in my house or if my street is tarred.
If Maku wants to do a GGT, he should start by telling us why Patience Jonathan was flown to Germany for treatment when her husband is president and there is provision for the ministry of health in the Nigerian budget. Charity should start from Aso-rock.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by manny4life(m): 6:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
A-ZeD:

Just because other governors supported the GGT doesn't mean Fashola supported it. The GGT is a jamboree. I don't need Maku to tell me if there is light in my house or if my street is tarred.
If Maku wants to do a GGT, he should start by telling us why Patience Jonathan was flown to Germany for treatment when her husband is president and there is provision for the ministry of health in the Nigerian. Charity should start from Aso-rock.

Well you can see my post above yours.

Why did he NOT object at the governors meeting or at the executive council meeting? Is Fashola not the co-chairperson of NGF? Abeg let's condemn what's wrong as wrong, he's two-sided---PERIOD.

This was how he endorsed the subsidy removal, as soon as it came down, he started blowing big grammar. Why don't you note your objection at the council meeting you literally co-chair with River State Governor?

He has the right to object, but swiftly changing is very WRONG, objecting like he had no prior knowledge about it..

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by karlmax2: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
take dat: Why does he need some excurtionists, when he is already inspecting the project sites with journalists from the state controlled media and other independent media houses?
u mean his own propoganda media house and buttlickers weather he likes it or not NGGT is coming to lagos! Maku is coming to show nigerians the FG projects in lagos just like he did in EDO state without the governor.some people are tired of hearing and reading the propoganda from journalists of the STATE controlled media.

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by AZeD1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
karl max: u mean his own propoganda media house and buttlickers weather he likes it or not NGGT is coming to lagos! Maku is coming to show nigerians the FG projects in lagos just like he did in EDO state without the governor.some people are tired of hearing and reading the propoganda from journalists of the STATE controlled media.
Thats the problem with people like you, you judge on what you hear while some of us who oppose the GGT judge by what we see. On the thread about Fashola not supporting the GGT, Fashola talked about Ibeshe road in Ikorodu and i've seen that road with my own eyes. Fashola also talked about a road at Oko-Oba(not really sure about the location) and a poster "romanlaw" said the road has been abandoned since last year.
We don't need Maku spending money to tell us what we can see with our own eyes.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
lacasa:

Mtscheeeuw!!

Saw the 120 delegates at Obudu last mnth. igbawo ni maku oni ku?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
lacasa:

Mtscheeeuw!!
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Enoquin(f): 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
In my opinion, I see nothing beneficial in Maku's governance tour. When he goes to a state, he is a guest of the governor of that state and so is duty bound to promote the state...there is no state that is perfect...yet, all I read are how the government of this state is doing this and that...of a truth, a working governor's project will always be visible...can you close your eyes to good roads, water or other governmental projects?
The tour is just a way to spend money...it is most often going to be biased anyway. A better way at show-casing a working or not government will be to send in people anonymously...who will give their reports with evidence like pictures and audios...so, it doesn't seem as if any governor is being witch hunted...

6 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by takedat(m): 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
karl max: u mean his own propoganda media house and buttlickers weather he likes it or not NGGT is coming to lagos! Maku is coming to show nigerians the FG projects in lagos just like he did in EDO state without the governor.some people are tired of hearing and reading the propoganda from journalists of the STATE controlled media.
And what do we call the journalists from government propaganda dispensers ie FRCN and NTA, who are part of the tour and the 120 lackeys? Did Fashola stop them from coming? They are welcome, as long as they are footing the bill!

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by AZeD1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Enoquin: In my opinion, I see nothing beneficial in Maku's governance tour. When he goes to a state, he is a guest of the governor of that state and so is duty bound to promote the state...there is no state that is perfect...yet, all I read are how the government of this state is doing this and that...of a truth, a working governor's project will always be visible...can you close your eyes to good roads, water or other governmental projects?
The tour is just a way to spend money...it is most often going to be biased anyway. A better way at show-casing a working or not government will be to send in people anonymously...who will give their reports with evidence like pictures and audios...so, it doesn't seem as if any governor is being witch hunted...
Babe can i buy you lunch for this your wonderful comment?
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by omiobo: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
undecided
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by solomon111(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
Enoquin: In my opinion, I see nothing beneficial in Maku's governance tour. When he goes to a state, he is a guest of the governor of that state and so is duty bound to promote the state...there is no state that is perfect...yet, all I read are how the government of this state is doing this and that...of a truth, a working governor's project will always be visible...can you close your eyes to good roads, water or other governmental projects?
This is bullshitt.
A lot of Nigerians are oblivious of what is going in other states where they are not resided.
If not for the tour,i wouldn't know about the power plants in different parts of the country.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
PDP should just do us a favor by making the 2015 election free n fair, and we would remember dem in 50yrs for giving us APC 50yrs ago

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Reject Nomination Forms From Shadowy Group" - Afenifere, PDP, Others Ask Buhari / Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR / 2023: Dogara Appointed As A Member Of PDP Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.