Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing (42148 Views)

Cv Writing! - Emphasis / Step-by-Step CV Writing for Entry Level (samples included) / Please Help Review this Cover Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by urhobotie: 6:59pm On May 04, 2013
@ admi 2..u can have my email address..(paulurhobotie@gmail.com).expecting your reply..
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by slimdupsy: 8:17am On May 06, 2013
Pls assalaamat, globechamp and adewasco2k pls can I get ur email address I want to forward my cv to u guys for corrections and help ne write a cover letter I can Always edit. Thanks
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by fadeyemi(f): 10:45am On May 17, 2013
Ehimax: Plz can anyone in the house send a very standard cv to my mail box so I can edit it to suit my own profile, plz guys it is urgent. My mail is ehisucreymcb@yahoo.com thanks in advance
pls i also want a cv format for a fresh graduate. Pls send to onifadeyemi@gmail.com. Is it compulsory to include ur grade lik 2.2?
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by clily: 1:32pm On May 17, 2013
Pls guys I also need a CV format..M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣ email Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ Tanks
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by tunlex01(m): 2:41pm On May 17, 2013
Please I need both the CV aπϑ Cover letter samples. Kindly send to my email kemtun4u@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 17, 2013
As much as it is a good ideal to share knowledge and info but caution should be exercise because the way people asked for 'send me a copy of cv and Cover letter' is not appropriate! Rather maybe someone should post a sample and we all collectively learn the systematic approach of writting an effective resume by criticising and asking question and subsequently, adopting the technique in developing our own unique copy rather than someone who you didn't even know the status of his/her employment and acceptance of their cv and resume send you a jargon which will further complicate your job search! A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 17, 2013
As a follow up... Here is a copy of my cover letter and resume of which I have secure many interview with it.

Expecting your constructive reply

Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by collinkz: 1:55am On May 18, 2013
Hi house hope am not too foward i intend to apply for voluntary job soo after graduation by august how should my cv and cover latter look like, no work xpetience yet am a mech engine student:
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by HOPE8888(m): 2:17am On Jun 11, 2013
Gboliwe:
if you are sending an unsolicited application, your coverletter should be as a composed message. If it is in reply to an advert, follow their instruction. Some firms will say 'send in your coverletter and resume/cv as one ms doc.,others would say as two attachd doc. Just follow instructions.
When they are silent, use the composed method of coverletter and attached Cv.
Like a user mentioned above, except they specifically asked for it to be in ms form, use pdf.
Congrats

What about if the advert says ''forward their applications and CV's''. What does that mean in respect to the applications aspect?
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Gboliwe: 5:11am On Jun 11, 2013
HOPE8888:

What about if the advert says ''forward their applications and CV's''. What does that mean in respect to the applications aspect?
make it a single document. In the coverletter, you may include 'below is my detailed cv'. If you want to make it two attached documents which I dont advice, also include in the coverletter 'also attached is my dejailed Cv.

I got your mail, I hope this replies your quest? All the best
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Gboliwe: 5:18am On Jun 11, 2013
collinkz: Hi house hope am not too foward i intend to apply for voluntary job soo after graduation by august how should my cv and cover latter look like, no work xpetience yet am a mech engine student:
It should look like what every other fresh graduate's cv should look like until you are done with the voluntary work. Then you should include it and list out ur responsibilites and skills you acquired
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by HOPE8888(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2013
Gboliwe:
make it a single document. In the coverletter, you may include 'below is my detailed cv'. If you want to make it two attached documents which I dont advice, also include in the coverletter 'also attached is my dejailed Cv.

I got your mail, I hope this replies your quest? All the best

Yes, thank you.

One more thing; should I include my address and the company's address in the cover letter?.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Gboliwe: 9:20am On Jun 11, 2013
HOPE8888:

Yes, thank you.

One more thing; should I include my address and the company's address in the cover letter?.
Yes, I always advice such. It was here on this thread I heard that coverletters don't carry address.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Chidelis(m): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
assalaamat: pls I just came across this tread,can you pls send me a copy of ur cover letter so dat edit to suit mine discipline. Fidelisarimah@yahoo.com ,thanks in advance
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by HOPE8888(m): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Gboliwe:
Yes, I always advice such. It was here on this thread I heard that coverletters don't carry address.

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Geepoo: 12:05am On Jun 12, 2013
Pls help me 2 with cover letter dis is my email babagee16@gmail.com tanks

1 Like

Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by dennismukoro(m): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2013
U guys aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ doing a great Job here. Pls I need a copy of a cover letter and cv letter
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by dennismukoro(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2013
U guys aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ doing a great Job here. Pls I need a copy of a cover letter and cv letter send to dennis.mukoro@gmail.com I will be very grateful
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by dennismukoro(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2013
Plsss I beg u guys. I need this cover letter and. Cv letter ugently. Hhelp a brother. Send to my mail box dennis.mukoro@gmail.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Estorico: 11:32am On Jun 12, 2013
Wow I want to say a big thank you for educating me on the differences between cover letter and application letter. Many people really don't know the differences. Please I need help on how to write a good CV. I would love to know how to write a good cv. This is my email address esther_1world@yahoo.ca God bless u guys
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by newazuka: 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
Am also interested in a new CV format o. Thank u for all ur effort . My email add: redefinedforgreatness@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by ceo4eva: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2013
Nice info
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by hollybaby(f): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
@globechamp,@assalaamat and @adewasco Pℓƨ̣̇ ℓ̊ just finished mai youth corps wks ago.will appreciate your help on cover letter nd cv on hollybaby005@yahoo.com..tanks S̶̲̥̅̊​Ơ̴͡ Much
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Estorico: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please is cover letter only applicable to online application? Is it wrong for me to write a cover letter in hand-written format? How do I begin if yes? Please I need information on this. Thanks a lot for your information and looking forward hearing your replies.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Estorico: 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please I need help on how to write a good CV I didn't see the one sent to me though I don't know what was sent.pls dis is my email estherebhodaghe@gmail.com thanks alot
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by clily: 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please guys, I need a copy of ur cv format..dis Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣ email-
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by chigodo(m): 5:29am On Jun 22, 2013
@ globechamp,pls bro I beg of u,I'm tired of this 4 pages CV,can you pls send me ur compressed one page CV so I can use it as a sample to make sure mine doesn't exceed 1 page,my email addy is productofgrace2004@yahoo.com...tnx in advance bro

globechamp:

I will say YES and it depends on your approach.

When I did my own CV makeover, I researched about 200 cvs of people who went to top-notch ivy league schools in the world and I see our best business school(I guess you can guess what school, if you are objective enough grin)in Nigeria teaching their MBA grads to do the same (I checked their cvs and same 1 page so I thought there is wisdom in learning from their approach).

Shockingly, their cvs had no references in most cases, never exceeded one page and was straight to the point. What they normally have is "available upon request". In my case, I only insert references when I am applying to Nigerian companies, but when applying to multinationals or companies with local presence in Nigeria, I simply put AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. Before you contest me, please bear in mind that I have my own strategies of job seeking and the kind of jobs I look for has its own strategy of candidate evaluation rather than references. Thats a subject for another day.

Most importantly, develop a job seeking strategy that works for you, that you will continue to fine tune, learn and improve as you progress.

I personally believe you cant keep doing what everyone is doing and expect a different result. You have to find a carefully research differentiation strategy that will work FOR YOU.

We need to understand that the aim of your cv is to get the attention of the recruiter. Your best strategy/challenge is HOW TO GET THE RECRUITER's ATTENTION.

Once again, ALL THE BEST.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Mosestemitope(m): 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
Good evening, have also bin sending out cvs without any call up eva, tho i only send cv....cos dey ll only say send ur cv, bt nau i realise i av tu send along side mine cover letter, pls i kindly nid a smaple of a cover letter nd prosper cv format....pls. Send to mountmos@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Oxytocin712: 12:16am On Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for the good work: pls send me a CV of 1 page format and a cover letter. My email: dammy902@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by 1forall: 3:43am On Jul 20, 2013
Reminder

[size=13pt]Please STOP posting email addresses here.
Posts containing email addresses shall henceforth be hidden, you can use PMs if you wish.
Thanks.
[/size]
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by adedoyinea(m): 6:58am On Jul 20, 2013
Hi house , am a young graduate,presently doing my servix and I wish to start sending out cvs now . My question is cn I state out on cover letter or CV I am presently undergoing my 1 year mandatory servix ? Secondly can I state my grade point ? . Lastly I need a copy of a standard CV and cover letter (PMS)in order to edit . Thanks so much
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by ShyDare(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ehimax: ------Original Message------
To: wxy@yahoo.com
Subject: NWAEHIKE TRUTH CHUKWUEMEKE CV
Sent: 24 Jan 2012 10:20 AM

NWAEHIKE, TRUTH
CHUKWUEMEKE

Olatunbosun Ajidele Street Omojuwa Estate
Kosofe, Mile 12, Lagos
xyz@yahoo.com
My
outgoing personality, experience, and my exposure makes me a strong
candidate
for this position. I am a goal getter and result oriented.
I
possess a B.Sc
Degree in Computer Science from the University of Ilorin, Kwara State
and
completed my national youth service program under the Chief Solution
Officer in
the Enterprise Solution Department of eSofties Solutions Limited,
Maryland, Lagos.
I am
not a typical new graduate. I
have the maturity, skills, and abilities to embark on a career in your
organisation.I am endowed with interpersonal, excellent learning and adaptation
skills. And
also skilled in Problem Solving, System Support, Web Development(Support) and Administrative abilities
which I have shown tremendous improvements and mastered using the best
of
tools.

I look forward to hearing a
positive reply from you.
Thank
you for your time and consideration.
Yours
sincerely,
Nwaehike
Truth Chukwuemeke

Above is a cover letter some1 sent me to be edited, plz can some1 in the house point out the mistakes in it so I don't repeat them. Thanks for this wonderful trend.
try and use ur own words, dnt appear boastful. Dis sample looks gud buh vry familiar, seems d writer is using samples 4rm a popular career site. Dia's notin wrong wit lookin at samples 4rm d internet but thoroughly edit dis examples 2suit u. Letters ha difficult 2write most times, standing out 4rm oda thousands of application is pretty hard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Costly Mistakes I Discovered in 250 CVs: Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / Heritage Bank CV Submission October 2014 / Ekiti To Send Unemployed Youths To Aba And Onitsha To Learn Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.