Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools (2719 Views)

80 List Of Common Ict Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning / ICT VPN Working Greatly Via Computer Users Unlimited / Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by promkingzz(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
Please can someone with good business acumen guide me through writing a proposal aimed at setting up ICT labs in state secondary schools. Proposal should state cost of manpower, cost of computers, miscellaneous and all that. Ill appreciate if I can get a job(proposal)that is ready-made. And please if I can work with you, let me know. I appreciate you efforts in advance.
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by aruzuoke(m): 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
Where do u stay? Inbox me @nonnyke2000@yahoo.com lets talk
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Am also interested in help u. Txt me ur number 08027552294
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by brightk(m): 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
ok... inbox me.... we have actually done something of this nature for public schools...i have an already made proposal
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by promkingzz(m): 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
aruzuoke: Where do u stay? Inbox me @nonnyke2000@yahoo.com lets talk
Thank you. Check your inbox....yet to hear from you
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by promkingzz(m): 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
brightk: ok... inbox me @ gcrest007@hotmail.com.. i live in warri.. we have actually done something of this nature for public schools...i have an already made proposal
Ok, public schools in warri or delta state? Tried to send you a mail but I get a mailer-demon. Email me: michaelokonji@yahoo.com.
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by promkingzz(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
nigerwide08: Am also interested in help u. Txt me ur number 08027552294
Hope u got my sms, yet to deliver on my phn.
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by abcabc234: 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
the last time i did someting of this nature.. i gave someone d idea from a proposal i wrote and i got swindled. i never heard of anything from him..

1 Like

Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by Ashmark(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
Am really interested. E-mail me at ashadeolakunle@gmail.com
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by moscovite: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2013
I think you should do this ICT Labs using thin client technology. I have done a few public schools myself using both and now understand that for everyone (Donor, The School, The Student that will use it etc) to appreciate this lab, you have to use this technology. 

Let me explain. 

Public Schools are not the richest of schools. Most times they get there labs from government or donors  like NGOs or Individuals. After the lab is established, with Generators in place, the donors cut the opening tapes to declare the lab fit to use and then leave. Most donors will not be willing to fund the maintenance of the place endlessly. Especially FUELLING THEIR GENERATORS or repairing them. Most of these public schools cannot afford to buy petrol or diesel regularly to power their school talk less the  lab.

Let's do a small analysis:
 For a 20-System Lab with conventional PCs, you need nothing less than a  6KVA Generator that will gulp nothing less than 2000 Naira daily. That is 40,000 Naira per month or 120,000 Naira per term for those PUBLIC SCHOOL. Take it from me, they simply don't have it!. 
Private school will easily do it. They have money. Public schools can't, so these laboratories end up being grossly underutilized or totally abandoned. You should go to some of these schools to know.

Thin Clients, when carefully selected and properly deployed (and that is very very important) will serve the purpose and maximize utilization of the Laboratory.
 Here is why. 
Thin Clients cuts fuel consumption drastically and keeps viruses at bay depending on your deployment. A 20 system school with thin client can be powered with less than 500-600 Naira per school-day using a 2-3KVA generator (Depending on the type of thin client). That is 75% reduction. That will be 30,000 naira per term for the school. This is already encouraging.

But we can go furthermore

We can deploy SOLAR at about 6-8 times less the normal cost. i.e If you estimate that it will cost 6-8 million to deploy solar panels for conventional system, you can now deploy for a 1-1.5 million.

Here is how:

With such reduced power consumption, we can start thinking SOLAR for these schools since the cost of solar deployment will also be 4 times less than normal.  
Furthermore, if we intelligently incorporate weekends and holidays, when the solar system is not used and so batteries can be fully charged and ready for action, we can further reduce the cost by about half. 
So we can possibly reduce the cost by almost 8 times or thereabout.
This is, obviously, within range of what can be proposed as a total package to donors. 

In other words, with this, the school can have a perpetually opened and functional ICT Lab on school-days at no fuel-consumption cost to the school.

If you want to understand this further you can reach me at
faniyi@yahoo.com
Info@surfcity-networks.com
Www.surfcity-networks.com
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by ukachimo: 3:03am On Mar 08, 2013
promkingzz: Please can someone with good business acumen guide me through writing a proposal aimed at setting up ICT labs in state secondary schools. Proposal should state cost of manpower, cost of computers, miscellaneous and all that. Ill appreciate if I can get a job(proposal)that is ready-made. And please if I can work with you, let me know. I appreciate you efforts in advance.
When it gets to internet connection, contact me for Yahclick Ka Band VSAT Internet Service, the best in satelite broadband internet service. get more info on Yahclick here:https://www.nairaland.com/1082583/crazy-speed-then-yahclick ukachimo@yahoo.com or 08094684524
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by ukachimo: 3:21am On Mar 08, 2013
I can also give you registered Antamedia Hotspot Manager, which you can use as timer in your lab to regulate both the wired and the wireless network or even a thin client network, and save your internet from over-use.
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by deesquarediddy(m): 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
ukachimo: I can also give you registered Antamedia Hotspot Manager, which you can use as timer in your lab to regulate both the wired and the wireless network or even a thin client network, and save your internet from over-use.

presently i run an internet cafe using thin clients...can ur timer truly work with thin clients?....am interested.
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by ukachimo: 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
deesquare-diddy:

presently i run an internet cafe using thin clients...can ur timer truly work with thin clients?....am interested.
Yes, but you will need an additional server for the Antamedia.
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by brightk(m): 9:26am On Mar 21, 2013
ukachimo: Yes, but you will need an additional server for the Antamedia.

check out gocybertix timer.. just google it
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by JUO(m): 4:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
i don try am several times at the end, them go do the job for my back
Re: Setting-up ICT Labs In Secondary Schools by brightk(m): 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
JUO: i don try am several times at the end, them go do the job for my back

(1) (Reply)

Please I Want To Buy A Laptop . / Computer Repair And Sales / Any Free VPN Working Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.