Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! - Education (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! (135018 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread / 2015/2016 Unilorin Direct Entry Thread. / UNILORIN 2014/2015 Direct Entry Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by brainiacjp(m): 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
Temicare:

No b only u ooo bros... Me n brain r also coming wit our storming testimony oo... indeed by God's grace we rely on...
....fenkz for speaking in ma place bro....we don't wanna care what list it is....we shall testify to d glory of God....either in advance or in arrears, d admission letter shall be a gift onto us frm Almighty God who has perfected His promises....He has never failed and He ll never fail....
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by horbeat(m): 9:52am On Dec 28, 2013
When the tide wade away the scum, surely it resurface because scum never leaves the water body nor sink. This occur to be the best illustration of my long journey to Funaab, a story I wouldn't have completed if I am to weigh the pain of writing it again, but due to the interest of the house and my sincerity of opening this thread propelled me to write again.
Though it was in the car on my way back to Lagos that faithful monday that I was sulking in the front corner of the taxi while the white beard owe eyed driver scruple in unsolicited prayer for me, he said in Yoruba " my son, you will never marry your enemy, may your heart desired be fulfilled, God will not allowed them to block your glory and so on" he paused to give balance to a woman who would be his next chapter of talk war, I was in deep thought of what to do in the next one year at home as I was told admission has been concluded. "you see that woman my son, she was my woman I had saw for years, I picked her up at Asero to Abiola way by 6am everyday, I was young then but now I can just do little stress" he said. I was in the mid of thought I can only phathom his speech out deep my mind, it seem I was held in disarray as per the admission, one thousand and one question roamed my mind. " what if I called this man next week Monday and said my name was mistakingly omitted, what if he said DE applicants are less considered, what if he said there will be supplementary list, what if...
" the driver unending talks were in war with my thought inside me, the roadside taxi waiter wouldn't stop shouting, calling the places they were going " Pansheke, kuto, NNPC, Asero another one would called Alogi car wash" the driver would hold brake almost suddenly to picked up any taxi waiters going along our way, we were on a steady speed coupled with his self acclaimed life experience, he said" young man, I wan to beg you for a favour, not money, not clothes but just one thing, please do not fight any one, I said anyone what so ever, expecially your fiancee , I looked at him in shock, was it because he has drunk that he said all these, his breath was stinky filthy smells rum, his eye lashes was unrest for his incecent blinking of eye, weird eye lid."would you tell me you have no fiancee or girl friend" he said. Answer me.
"Yes sir" i said
I can't even know what am thinking any more, was it his talks or the admission, my heart was heavy, my feets were stive. He must had drank to stupor before driving out to picked us, he would mashed break almost suddenly to prevent other car overtaken him and rain course on other that drive over him without hurn.
He stopped to picked a taxi waiter along Abiola way, some street hawker rushed to us, momoring in Yoruba " buy bread, lacasera viju milk, kororo, bottle water.." They wouldn't let us hear just one word. Suddenly an insane man running over his body would be something as cacase dirty rags, dread filhty bitch like hear, with a rap of cigerate in his finger, sunk his head through the taxi window, he hailed the driver and they both hailed one another, the driver teased him and promised to see him on his way back" he drove off. " ojota, ketu, lagos" Eko two more chance" eyan meji eko" lagos by car" the garage hawkers shouting on top of there voices,
I jumped in, in another five minutes after I had bought a bottle water, a woman joined me at the back seat. My thinking lingering again but this time I don't wanna, I opened my book again and start reading, after like six pages, and some sip of water, I heard some grunge groaning soud, it was her, the fat woman beside me, she was far asleep, her groaning sounds as a bust lungs or an opened air pipe. I continued my reading, I was in the ox of the second chapter, "Bennin" a poem, where Achebe had displayed poetic wizardry, I read along with an endearing poetry lines.
"Stop, don't throw your head out of the window, driver! Please help wind up this side window" she said. That's the woman seated in the chair before mine in the same taxi, she was just out of labour three days ago, she wouldn't want to be disturbed because of her new babe and 3 years old son , that she paid for the three space of the first seat. She fed her babe with breast milk, sang along as the babe cried, her lulabby was kind strange to my hearing, but all the same I was disturbed with all their dramatic displays, the driver wouldn't lower the volume of the stereo his playing, the fat woman won't stop groaning in her sleep and now the little babe crying.
I entrusted my affairs to Allah and stop been moody as I entered my office, the driver speed a lot I got to office by 3:15pm.
It was Monday again, I called the man as he said. "Phone ringing"
A thick cracked voice popped out " Hello"
" Hello sir"
Clear throat " this is Yusuf Saheed, the guy that you asked to call you today by 11:00 am as per the DE admission"
" many DE candidates do called, how do I know who particularly you are"
"Sir, you said you will help find my information because my grade shouldn't be left aside, I met you in your office last Monday"
"OK, I still need to get more information, please kindly call back tomorrow this same time"
" OK, thank a lot sir"
O ga o, this man has forgotten me sha, I felt swallowing a warm in a glass of water. Tomorrow tuesday is already at hand, let wait and see.
" grin..grin...grin" Hello
"Hello sir" its me Yusuf, you asked me to call you back today,
" OK, the DE candidate right"
"Yes Sir"
"Please try to write an appeal letter, address to the vice chancellor, explaining all what went wrong and submit to the VC office latest by Friday"
"OK sir. Thanks a lot"
I did as instructed, went to Funaab early Friday from Lagos, on getting to the VC's office it was another story. I met with the secretary to the VC.
" Good morning sir"
"Morning, how can I be of help young man"
" I am hear to submit this letter"
"From where?"
" from Lagos sir, it is an appeal letter"
"Open it"
I opened and handed it to him, he read and handed it back to me. He walked out and asked me to follow him, he pointed to the small white papper selotaped to the gate which read "2013/2014 ACADEMIC SESSION ADMISSION IS CLOSED"
my head falls to my kneel, I pleaded to just let me drop it, perhaps he might do something, he rejected my plead and said. " I understand your plight young man but it unfortunate you came late, nothing can be done,even If I collect it from you, it will end up in waste bin, because we have been instructed not to take incoming mail on admission or else we loose our job". He pleaded to me to leave and I left. But I promised him to expect me with full disturbance next year as I will apply again for the third time. I must see the VC himself by then.
I am not a failure, i will never stop untill i'm fulfilled...

2 Likes

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by bidey4real(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Peace....
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by bidey4real(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Hmmm......Prof. Usuf,u've really tried alot 4 going dis far. Despite dat d unaccomplishd goal ws disheartening,ur story ws highly interesting. As u've nw confirmd d closure of dis year funaab's admisn by urxef,i tink we dat were nt admitd wil b convinced dat we hav to axept our fate and hope 4 next session by God's grace*******::::::::::::::::::::::::: If God says our nt being admitd dis year wil b d best 4 us,y must we insist HE shld let us b admitd? Y won't we agree da HE knws beta dan we do? Y won't we believ da our nt being admitd dis year is nt out of HIS knwledge? Y won't we axept dat we've tried our best as we shld just dat its nt yet our time? Y won't we knw dat we're nt destind to b admitd dis yr? Or are we having it mind dat wot God has written down 50,000years b4 d creation of heaven and earth can b tampered? No,its becox we dn't knw our pre-destinatn dats part of y we must struggle in life. I wish us all to meet in beta position in d nearest future. Prof.usufsaeed,can u do us anoda favour of clozing dis thread and opening 2014/2015 session thread 4 eida U.I,Unaab or any oda Fed.skul on time? Tanx and God blezz..........ur boy,BIDEY.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
I am short of word ever since one or two urgly situation had occurred to me on this thread concerning this admission scenario narrated by Yusuf Saheed.
One fact we should all believe in this life is that God knows more than we think we do.

Oga Saheed,what more can I say.You have really done a great job starting from day one you created thread informative and important to everyone here and till now. May Allaah reward you abundantly in this world and the hereafter.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
My boss, I love ur post; you're really incredible! But u should have sent that msg to the VC's email. Now, it obviously shows that some stuffs were wrong wt the assessment of the admission committee for 2013/2014. Well, I'm also applying to FUNAAB next year; by God's grace.

@Habidab, yes they were "pain in the head"... I learnt from ur post that 'you've been cleared', well done bro!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SalvationMopol: 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
@Yusuf...pls answer this simple question

even as at Now,if u're related to d V.C or Registrar,will d admission b closed?

indeed d 2013/2014 Admission may have closed externally but not internally.
don't b surprise if Funaab releases 3rd/supplementary/V.C list Soon.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
SalvationMopol: @Yusuf...pls answer this simple question

2013/2014 Admission List,Episode 2.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by horbeat(m): 7:35am On Dec 29, 2013
SalvationMopol: @Yusuf...pls answer this simple question

I am not disputing your claim but to my best of knowledge and what I've strived to find out is that it is closed. Though this VC is a new one. Spring the time of Prof. Balogun if admission closed it is closed either internally or externally.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by phemmyjohnson: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2013
Nobody will tell you there is still another list 2 be xpected.. Go to the senate building or vc'z office, you will only keep on hearing that there iz no more list..Oh! C'mon, do u xpect them 2 tell you there iz anoda special list to cum out? NIGGAS & FELLAZ, plz trust God and read my lipz if u can spiritually imagine u seeing me wen am saying diz; "THERE IZ GONNA BE SUPPLIMENTARY LIST" ... Am nt here 2 give false hope, so lets calm down.. Even Funaab admission status can testify dat all hope izn't lost because its still dixplaying 'NO ADMISSION YET' unlike last year dat displayed 'DEAR FAILURE _ so_so _,UR ADMISSION APPLICATION IS NOT SUCCESSFUL' xo please, let dat little amount of hope keep igniting..4 as long as God iz on the throne, What iz nt possible?? #peace

3 Likes

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Temicare(m): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2013
phemmy johnson: Nobody will tell you there is still another list 2 be xpected.. Go to the senate building or vc'z office, you will only keep on hearing that there iz no more list..Oh! C'mon, do u xpect them 2 tell you there iz anoda special list to cum out? NIGGAS & FELLAZ, plz trust God and read my lipz if u can spiritually imagine u seeing me wen am saying diz; "THERE IZ GONNA BE SUPPLIMENTARY LIST" ... Am nt here 2 give false hope, so lets calm down.. Even Funaab admission status can testify dat all hope izn't lost because its still dixplaying 'NO ADMISSION YET' unlike last year dat displayed 'DEAR FAILURE _ so_so _,UR ADMISSION APPLICATION IS NOT SUCCESSFUL' xo please, let dat little amount of hope keep igniting..4 as long as God iz on the throne, What iz nt possible?? #peace

God bless u sire!

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by phemmyjohnson: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2013
And 4 dat secretary dat rejected the letter, do u tink the secretary won't av collected the letter if it were 2 be the admission officer that took the letter there himself or maybe the registrar or dean... Since the admission status hasn't changed, aspirants will still be offered admission on a platform of internal connection between the staffs and Favour 4rm God without connection...
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SalvationMopol: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2013
my testimony is on d way with or without internal connection
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2013
If there was nothing the VC could do, why would he 'the man' have told you to write an appeal letter?

Now let's break the ice bag; what happens to our great genius slot here, who has already finished his first semester for 2013/2014?

Besides, is he the only one that will reject FUNAAB's offer?

What abt those that will be disqualified on some grounds?

The point is, admission has closed externally; no complaint, submission or whatsoever by an outsider.

They've concluded it but don't forget one of the principles of management which states that Policy/Rule must not be 'rigid'; rather flexible. Rules are meant to be bent for exceptional cases.

I was also told informally; months ago, that admission had been concluded that only that it had nt been pasted on the sch's web.

To be honest, I wanna do as if nothing is gonna happen. After all, have been jacking hard for UTME. Let's just keep watching and keep our head straight.

Pls, I kneel down beg una; don't call for the closure of this thread, it will be useful to fellow aspirants; as in, it will 'tap' them to do what is right @ the right time. Hence, making them proactive and not reactive as it has happened here to some of us.

God bless you all!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by omodave(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2013
rkarang: If there was nothing the VC could do, why would he 'the man' have told you to write an appeal letter?

Now let's break the ice bag; what happens to our great genius slot here, who has already finished his first semester for 2013/2014?

The point is, admission has closed externally; no complaint, submission or whatsoever by an outsider.

They've concluded it but don't forget one of the principles of management which states that Policy/Rule must not be 'rigid'; rather flexible. Rules are meant to be bent for exceptional cases.

I was also told informally; months ago, that admission had been concluded that only that it had nt been pasted on the sch's web.

To be honest, I wanna do as if nothing is gonna happen. After all, have been jacking hard for UTME. Let's just keep watching and keep our head straight.

Pls, I kneel down beg una; don't call for the closure of this thread, it will be useful to fellow aspirants; as in, it will 'tap' them to do what is right @ the right time. Hence, making them proactive and not reactive as it has happened here to some of us.

God bless you all!

Seconded
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by phemmyjohnson: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
rkarang: If there was nothing the VC could do, why would he 'the man' have told you to write an appeal letter?

God bless you all!
oh! Am nt gay but i love you... Like you said, if there ain't any space left, the Man wouldn't have directed him 2 write a letter of appeal for hiz admission 2 be granted.. YEA! Admission has closed xternally buh still internally active...
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by phemmyjohnson: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
SalvationMopol: my testimony is on d way with or without internal connection
Dats the spirit!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SalvationMopol: 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
phemmy johnson: Dats the spirit!
faith without work is useless, mine is not.
I'm working towards it.
my prayer is that we shall all meet a helper or middleman who will be a Tool to perfect God's will of Admission in our lives.

don't expect God to descend himself...

its well.

weeks ago in a subconscious state(dream) I saw my funaab admission status,hence it must surely come to pass.
Dreams are Carriers of God's will for our lives, some na devil but differentiating one from another isn't hard because God's will is always Good & add no sorrows.

..Stay Tune.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by brainiacjp(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Philippians 1vs20...."according to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death"......it's not over until it is over....i wanna appeal to everyone in this thread...no matter what you have gone through regarding this admission, pls, I beg of you all in d name of Lord Jesus, our deliverer, SPEAK NOT OF FEAR....can't u go beyond what you can see or hear and inquire of this admission?.....If u are scared and u ll always make ppl lose hope, pls DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT!!!....WE DO NOT WANT PESSIMISTS HERE!!!....If you think it's over, LET'S WAIT AND SEE!!!.....WE CAN ALWAYS WAIT A BIT LONGER!!!!

........#I MEAN NO HARM#......
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by brainiacjp(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
"FOR THE EARNEST EXPECTATIONS OF THE CREATURES AWAIT THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SON OF GOD"....PERSONALIZE IT AND BE HOPEFUL.....don't forget d book of Hebrew 11vs1....."Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen....if u wanna criticize my write up, u don't need to, jex proceed to heb11vs6.......pls friends, I beseech u, put all ur worries away, "buh without faith, it is impossible to please God".....FOR GOD'S SAKE.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by brainiacjp(m): 12:08am On Dec 30, 2013
Romans 8vs6..."for to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace".....ENOUGH of ur worries!!!...pls be WISE!!!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by BOG87(m): 7:52am On Dec 30, 2013
I Lov all these bible qout
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by blessingsax(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Tanks 4 ur reply av saw d certificate of reg of birth isued by local govt can I use dt as birth cerficat instead of d 1 NPC isued
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
I seriously need to learn to have faith o in situation's like this......i
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
planetuzor: I seriously need to learn to have faith o in situation's like this......i
Sir, when is it appropriate for one to submit one's academic transcript to UNIBEN?
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
rkarang:
Sir, when is it appropriate for one to submit one's academic transcript to UNIBEN?

uniben does not do it the way funaab does theirs. in uniben u must have been admitted before u will now be asked to present ur transcript
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by brainiacjp(m): 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
I miss doze days when we went to schl,
lined up & d headmistress & teachers inspected our nails & uniforms & den matched to our classrooms.
U remember na??
D days of Nasco biscuit, Okin biscuit, Trebor, Ice-coloured water tied in nylon; we called it "lolly"•
D days of goody-goody & pako biscuit. D days of Ali & Simbi, Mr Salami & Mrs Salami, Agbo lives in Calabar....•
Chei, I remember those days when one naira na money, when groundnut na 50kobo & choco milo was 5 kobo•
D days of messing game, who is in d garden, police and thief•
D days of mama & papa play, dose when we used to build houses with sand, play suwe game, tinco-tinco, salubata, change ƔŮя style, ten ten, skipping, stop!
U remember nau!•
Those days wen we used to fly kite on d streets, wen boys wld use paint bucket cover as tire & their dad's hanger as d steering. Those days when rubber band was stock exchange, days when votron, jimbo, power rangers, spider man were our favourite cartoons•
D days of limca soft drink & choco milo advert on black and white tv Nd̶̲̥̅̊ sunday rendevous by1:30pm•
When we said 'leke leke give me white finger'•
Those days when eleganza pen was d best•
D days wen we used to drink water from d tap & even suck out d water if it wasn't gushing out as we wanted•
D days when NTA would show rainbow colours for 30 mins & then play d national anthem before they resume program @4am•
D days wen basket sandals, simbi nd bata sandals were d best•
Days wen we all sang sandalili sandalili songs,

DSTV has come, no more old fun. I'm really proud to have experienced all this.
If u r nt smiling, it means u were not born in my generation. Nwich means u ar d INDOMIE generation lol...

put off ur worries my padi....we no fit fight nah....i love u all and Jesus loves u most....
...let's crack jokes and put away awa worries....BEST JOKER WILL BE AWARDED VIRTUAL NOKIA LUMIA 520...

#chilling finz noni#

coundown continues

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 11:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
Thanks, Planetuzor!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 31, 2013
pls @funaabite will DE print their admission letter frm jamb site bcause i check jambsite status it was no admission offered yet
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SalvationMopol: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2013
brainiacjp: I miss doze days when we went to schl,
lined up & d headmistress & teachers inspected our nails & uniforms & den matched to our classrooms.
U remember na??
D days of Nasco biscuit, Okin biscuit, Trebor, Ice-coloured water tied in nylon; we called it "lolly"•
D days of goody-goody & pako biscuit. D days of Ali & Simbi, Mr Salami & Mrs Salami, Agbo lives in Calabar....•
Chei, I remember those days when one naira na money, when groundnut na 50kobo & choco milo was 5 kobo•
D days of messing game, who is in d garden, police and thief•
D days of mama & papa play, dose when we used to build houses with sand, play suwe game, tinco-tinco, salubata, change ƔŮя style, ten ten, skipping, stop!
U remember nau!•
Those days wen we used to fly kite on d streets, wen boys wld use paint bucket cover as tire & their dad's hanger as d steering. Those days when rubber band was stock exchange, days when votron, jimbo, power rangers, spider man were our favourite cartoons•
D days of limca soft drink & choco milo advert on black and white tv Nd̶̲̥̅̊ sunday rendevous by1:30pm•
When we said 'leke leke give me white finger'•
Those days when eleganza pen was d best•
D days wen we used to drink water from d tap & even suck out d water if it wasn't gushing out as we wanted•
D days when NTA would show rainbow colours for 30 mins & then play d national anthem before they resume program @4am•
D days wen basket sandals, simbi nd bata sandals were d best•
Days wen we all sang sandalili sandalili songs,

DSTV has come, no more old fun. I'm really proud to have experienced all this.
If u r nt smiling, it means u were not born in my generation. Nwich means u ar d INDOMIE generation lol...

put off ur worries my padi....we no fit fight nah....i love u all and Jesus loves u most....
...let's crack jokes and put away awa worries....BEST JOKER WILL BE AWARDED VIRTUAL NOKIA LUMIA 520...

#chilling finz noni#

coundown continues

u brought back memories.
have u been offered admission at yabatech?
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by brainiacjp(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
Lolz...@salvation mopol...yabatech na ma sku nah...
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by SalvationMopol: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
brainiacjp: Lolz...@salvation mopol...yabatech na ma sku nah...

I meant Hnd

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (Reply)

Federal Government Scholarship 2016/2017 Exam Updates / Latest News On ASUU Strike / FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.